Together we can lose it all!! I need to lose 120 lbs.

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Well, I've done two days at the gym this week, and even though I had chinese food last night, I made sure that I ate only till I was full, and I have enough for 2-3 more meals! (That is unless my bf decides to eat it ^.^)
  • I have 61 lbs to lose and I haven't lost anything in almost a month. I am at a bit of a stand still. Of course gaining a pound of fat and 2 lbs of water during Christmas didn't help, but I lost a lot of weight in the first two months and since then....ZIP. I am starting to get a bit discouraged, but I know I'll get over the hump.

I started working out on 12/30 and have worked out 3 times since then. I bought an elliptical and I have a lifetime membership to Bally's that I've had for 12 years and I have barely used it over the past 8 years. SHAME on me! I know that the work outs and strength training will help me start to move the weight. I really don't care how long it takes me to lose. My main objective is being healthy. I have a history of stroke, heart attack and diabetes in my family and I want to beat the odds. There is also a history of obesity in the women in my family. I am going to beat those odds too. I am currently obese and my goal is to get to a normal BMI by the time I'm 35. I'll be 34 in June. I've allowed myself a decent window. I also want to have another baby by my 36th bday. Having the extra weight off will be great for that as well. I have a lot of toning to do also, because I sag a lot. I have dropped 18 lbs since October 10th and I'm happy about that. It's a lifestyle change that I needed and I love it. I do not ever feel like I'm on a diet. I just eat well and all of the things I need in a day I eat. Including fat. Good fats. I keep my saturated fats below 10% of my daily caloric intake.

Once I reach my goal, I will have lost 79 lbs. I think that will be great. I have set two mini goals for myself that are completely within reason. I have the support of my husband (who can eat anything he wants and never gain weight) and my co-workers. Who are joining me in my quest. Although they all appear to be "crash dieting", which is a road I have been down too many times and never seem to reach the end of the road, so I won't go there.

Since I've changed the way I eat and have lost some weight, I feel INCREDIBLE. I have boundless energy. My one down fall is I seem to be weighing myself TOO much. I have asked my hubby to hide the scale and only bring it out every couple of weeks. We'll see if that works.

Hang in there girls. Together we will get over this hump.
  • Quote: Hi! I am 37 mother of a 5 yo & 2 yo with an extra 110lbs on my frame. Would love to lose 50 of it by our Disney trip in May. Looking forward to meeting people in the same boat (although I'm afraid if I get in a boat I may sink it ).
    Very funny, gb2gm! I went to Disney World last summer, and I would have loved to have been 50 lbs lighter!

I'm 31, 5'9", and weigh 243. I guess I need to get to about 150? For me to think that far off is overwhelming. For now, I'd like to shoot for under 200, how about that?

I've tried several different diets (fat people know how to lose weight, right?). My most successful regime was Atkins and exercise. I lost 40 pounds. Then gained it all back.
  • Ohhh me too -- can I join in. I'm all the way over here in New Zealand frantically trying to lose 30 kilos (I'm gonna have to learn to convert for y'all) around 60 pounds I think??

I'm an at home Mum with two girls aged 6 and 3 yrs. So finding time for myself is a struggle sometimes and the pantry is so good at calling my name - but, you know what --- I'm so sick of making the same New Years Resolution that this year I will have to stick with it and get this weight off once and for all. - maybe I should start dancing like this carrot guy!!
  • Im new to this site and i think it is GREAT! I am currently 316 pounds and my goal is 160...I know it will take a long time but thats ok, I am ready to do it! Im 25 years old and just got married in December. I am looking for a buddy or 2 or 3...to help keep each other motivated. I love this site but I am also looking for someone to email one on one to share our ups/downs for the day. Hope there is somenoe out there with a similar goal!!!!
  • Ok, day 3, worked out every day in the morning so far only 18 more days to go and this exersize thing is a habit in the bag!!!! I have been excited to get up in the morning to exersize, hopefully, this continues for a while anyway.... I have not been good at work this day though, will work more on that tommorrow. What a great group of peeps we have here! Let's stay positive!!!! AND motivated!!!!! Whatever it takes!!!!
  • ok day 4 once again, got up early and did the Walk Away the Pounds video 1 mile, and then,........ BELLYDANCED!!!! heee heee! ok, so it wasn't pretty but, at least it kept me moving AND I had this secret smile all day knowing that I was pretneding to be "sensual" this morning!!!
    I don't want to lose this thread, it is my motivator!! only 18 more days til 21!!!!!!!
  • Keep it up, Lucky! I need to get back into the exercise routine, too. I went on my treadmill for 14 minutes yesterday. That's it. Pretty sad. But I hope to change that!

I've heard a lot about WATP. Is this a newer program? Do you like it?

You're doing great, keep it up!
  • Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!
    Even got up this Saturday morning and did the 1 mile WATP, the Richard Simmons Tonin Uptown!!!!! Feels so wonderful and only 16 more days to go and this is a habit!!!!! Anyone else trying this 21 day habit making trial? I will try to keep you updated here on this thread as to my progress, I know the weekends for me are going to be a challenge, because I like to sleep in...( till 7 bells anyway! Please stay motivated you all and feel free to add me toyour msn messenger list if you like!! I will try to stay this positive, but, motivation comes from all people and we are in this together, for the long haul if need be!!!!!
  • sorry Ravisa, didn't even pay attention to you request, WATP is a walking workout (DVD or video). There is a 1 mile, a 2 mile, and a 3 mile, and you can purchase them as a set, I lonly purchased the 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds ( like 4 years ago) because I didn't know if I would like the program, but, you know, for someone as out of shape as I am... this program is great! I am alble to stick to it and not feel overwehlmed by the workout, and slwoly build my conficence and self esteem up to try other stuff. I freely admit to owning several Richard Simmons tapes also. He is terrific, he actually makes you feel as if he REALLY does care about what happens to you, now, this could ACTUALLY be the case, or he is one of the best salesmen I have ever seen.!!!:0 I highly recommend anyone who is reading this and contemplating doing something like moving your body to try one of these tapes! ( or DVD) You can only get better and stronger!!!!!
  • now, if only to work on my typing skills or use spell check!!!
  • we had season passes to six flags last year...I felt so bad because I had to make my mom go on all the rides with my daughter because I was afraid the straps wouldn't fit and I would embarass myself and my kid...so I just sat out...the designated bag carrier...
  • I too have over 100 to lose. I'm here for you. LuckyDucky, where are you in MN-I am here too!! We can do it if we stick together!
  • The New Me
    Hi everyone.
    I started my diet September 1st and have lost 31 pounds. I want to loose another 40 by May. My diet consists of just portion control. I cannot give up my steak, but I never eat a piece of meat bigger than my closed fist. Also I eat alot of special-k products. I am on my way, but cant wait till I get there.
    By for now.
  • Ok day 6!!!!!! Did 1 mile of Walk Away the Pounds video including dodging dogs, and child! ( wonder if this counts for extra pounds lost???) Isn't it funny how as soon as you try something that you really need to concentrate on, eveyone wants your undivided attention? I also did Richard Simmons Tonin Downtown!!! I am hot and sweaty and gettin cold but, had to post! I only have 2 weeks and one day and this exercise thing is a habit!!!! Yeah!