Old 01-08-2006, 09:34 AM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamejobgrrl

How is everyone making out 1 week in?

I'm hoping by tomorrow morning I can tell you that I am down another pound, I'm hoping for a good day!

Best wishes everyone, happy dieting!
goalweight160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 180/166/155

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm in!

This challenge sounds like good motivation. I had already decided that I would try to lose 10 pounds by my birthday - if it's possible and it's just a week before Valentine's.

Being able to chat with this group should help keep me enthusiastic.

Though I like going to the gym, I usually only get there once a week for a spinning class so I'm trying to up it to three times a week in combination with the South Beach Diet which I have been officially on since yesterday, but have slowly been training my body to get use to since the 3rd.

Here's to 14 by the 14th!
tgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:42 PM   #78  

Welcome tgirl,

South beach...been there done that...TWICE!

My husband and I both lost over 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks both times that we did it, however we gained it back slowly after that because we just couldn't stick with the diet. I have the cookbook though & love to use the recipes in there.

I mall walked yesterday & today, I'm hoping the scale is nice to me tomorrow morning.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:41 AM   #79  
2006 Resolution~Drink H20

Hi ladies ~ I will weigh in on Tuesday! I have had a rough weekend, but have drank lots of water....

Welcome tgirl!

I used to have digital scales - until my kids jumped on them: ouch! Anyway, I really liked them because they weighed me to the "1/2" pound... sometimes it was great to see that 1/2 pound loss instead of thinking that I "maintained" on a regular scale.

Have a great Monday... NONA
Arizona Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:40 AM   #80  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Yay - after the first week I've lost 4 lbs!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:35 AM   #81  

Great job Robsia!!!! 4 lbs!!!! I lost 1.5 lbs last week, I was hoping to lose 2. I figure, even if I only lose 1 lb each week, I would still be 52 lbs lighter at the end of this year & would only be 10 lbs away from my goal of 62 lb lost, so I think this is managable...I just have to stay motivated!

My goal this week is to work harder than last & walk more then last week....hopefully I will be rewarded with a 2 lb loss. There were 3 days last week that I made it to 10,000 steps or more, this week I am looking for 4 days with 10,000 steps or more & I want to see one day with 12,000 steps.

Nobody ever said losing weight would be easy!

HAPPY DIETING EVERYONE!!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Wow, I"m going to have to try to yogurt/t.o.m. thing. It's worth a try! T.O.M. kicked my tail this time, wiping out my exercise (other than walking) and I weakened and ate quite a bit (two Mexican out-to-eats with families and a waffle-fest..sigh) but I'm not going to let that get me down or make me quit. To the gym today, and I will be within my points! I had slim-fast and a white cheddar rice-cake for breakfast and I'm having a lean-cuisine sandwich thing for lunch. Probably wheat pasta, and some vegetables for dinner? Hmm...
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #83  
Shine on Little Diamonds

Default What are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsia
Yay - after the first week I've lost 4 lbs!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!

What are you doing to lose it?

K
flamejobgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #84  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamejobgrrl
CONGRATS!!!!!!!

What are you doing to lose it?

K

Just counting calories - I use www.nutridiary.com to keep track of what I'm eating.

I also will be exercising - honest! I've done one exercise video so far but plan on doing it three times as week.

Also ironing is good! Apparently an hour's ironing burns up 211 calories according to Nutridiary.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #85  
Shine on Little Diamonds

Well I just got an additional challenge to keep me going - Brazil for all of August (winter there - so bathing suit isn't the huge motivator). WAAA HOOOO. After completing my first year of teaching I figure I am deserving and my best friend lives there. I want to be 160 by then, but doubt it is realistic. Going to shoot for it though and work out alot.

Tried to do a balance ball dvd today, but the carpet is too slippy and the ball went flying. Need a rubber yoga mat and then retry tomorrow. All of this in wait for my gym mebership that kicks in Feb 1.

Keep going girls - DRINK WATER (ok so that is more a reminder for me than you...but I did horrible on water today).
Old 01-09-2006, 10:40 PM   #86  

flamejobgrrl, Brazil!! That is really exciting. I think they do a lot of walking there so you might want to be in shape for that alone.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:26 PM   #87  
2006 Resolution~Drink H20

Brazil sounds soooo romantic Taking someone special? I'm getting ready to start my first year of teaching... I'm student teaching right now. I definately want to reward myself with a trip, too!

Didn't get much water in today - drat. Sure wish the coffee counted as water! I will focus on drinking more tomorrow.

Good luck on the scales this week ladies!!

Nona
Arizona Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:05 AM   #88  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

wow, I didnt even see this one before. Iam in I actually decided this on a another threat not sure where that one went too

But if u ladys dont mind I am in

I do curves, and tae bo at home
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:16 AM   #89  
Shine on Little Diamonds

The scale just isn't budging. I hate the plateau!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 05:23 PM   #90  

Default 5 weeks left

Valentines day is 5 WEEKS AWAY from today!!!

We got to push it in gear ladies to make our goal of 14 lbs by the 14th!!!!