Old 01-18-2006, 09:55 AM   #106  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

We don't have our digital food scale with us, and I miss it! Thing is, we don't really need a scale at this point, because we've been doing this for so long...It's just my crutch. It's little things you're used to that make you twinge with homesickness sometimes.

We missed American Idol...There's no TV in the bedroom and I ended up going in there with Howie around 7:00pm to watch some of his The Waltons DVD's. We miss our DVR so much. Michael said I was welcome to record shows on the TiVO downstairs, but wouldn't you know every single show I wanted to record conflicted with ones he records? They're already being so generous, I don't want to mess with his TV stuff, no way!

There is a VCR built in on the TV in our sitting room, but because there's a satellite box, recording different shows on different channels would be a pain; you have to have the TV on channel 3 and remember to set the satellite box to the channel you want to record. There's no way to switch channels and record different shows automatically, so really there's no point. Like Howie said, it's only TV shows - not really that important if you think about it. I'll just NOT think about it.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #107  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

meh, no harm in missing the first few American Idols. It's just the horrible auditions The good stuff starts when they have their finalists that get all competitive, frustrated, tired, and testy
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:39 PM   #108  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

It's a day early but I couldn't help changing my ticker, I'm finally down into the 50s again, yahoo!! I did an extra gym day on Monday, since I had the day off, and I'll go this afternoon. It's raining and blowing here, quite a storm! Hopefully by 4 it will have quieted down.

I can totally relate to the chocolate cravings, it's my major downfall. I've been doing better lately, thank Buddha.

Clean sheets I'm sure will make you feel better, Aimee. Not as better as the drugs, heh heh. I personally am thankful for the over the counter stuff. Hope those anitbiotics kick into gear fast for you.

Rob and I are going to be staying in Manhattan for a night, to get away. See you all Saturday. Have a great rest of the week.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #109  
Howie6267's Honey

Oh, but I love the horrible auditions! The show actually gets a little boring to me after they're left with really good performers.

Aimee, I forgot to mention something. You can duplicate prescription-strength ibuprofen by taking four 200mg caplets -- same thing, 800mg. It's usually cheaper to get it prescription strength for me, because we have a single $10 co-pay for a 90-day supply.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #110  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Kimberley, that is what I just did....took 4 200 mg ibu to help me get over the dang cramps!! I am headed straight for my heating pad when I get home!

Marge, have fun in the big city!

Kinberley, I LOVE "The Waltons". It is one of my favorite shows. I wish I had grown up in a family like that!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:50 PM   #111  
Howie6267's Honey

We love it, too. He has seasons I and II on DVD, and we've enjoyed watching them together. There are so many truly poignant episodes, ones which apply to so many areas of life. One we watched last night was "The Journey", one in which John Boy drives an elderly widow to the seashore. Her health is failing, but she is insistant on driving to the seashore so she can celebrate her wedding anniversary by looking on the waters where she and her husband crossed from Scotland. John Boy has a date with a girl he really likes a lot, but makes the better choice and drives the widow to the seashore. There's a crazily-laughable, silly dancing scene in it (where Earl Hamner makes the only cameo he'd ever do on the show), but other than that it's a terrific episode.There are so many good snippets from life in that show and actors all melded together so well, you really get to know each character.

Looks like we'll be watching more of them, because Howie's been told to lie down flat STILL. The doctor's supposed to call him this evening. Dang, if they need to do the blood patch, I wish they'd just have him come in and get it over with. He's miserable just lying flat on his back - makes him ache all over.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:59 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Kimberley - my ibuprofen is 400mg, and the prescription ones are 600mg, I gotta wonder the difference. I took two extra strength ibuprofen, so 800mg, and it didn't make a dent in the pain, yet one of the prescription ones helps SO much. Our prescriptions are free, so it works for now.

I tried to get into American Idol, but year after year it annoys me more. That whole Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell "thing", annoys me the most. I always seem to get on board for the first season of every reality show, but stop there.

Marge - have fun the sheets were a nice touch, and clean pj's... I even aired out my house. I decided for lunch to drink some juice, and so I bought a bottle and was HALF WAY thru it when I realized it was gone BAD, yucky yuck yuck yuck!! I got a refund.. but YUCK!

Well, thats all of my energy.. I'll talk to you ladies tomorrow!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:46 AM   #113  
Eating for two!

Aimee--whatever the difference, I'm glad you found something that works! Ahh, free prescriptions...sounds heavenly! At least I only have a $20 copay for mine (of course, I pay more than $40 a month for the insurance and only need the prescription every 2 months, but hey, I'm not supposed to do the math, right?)

I must say I have never seen an episode of The Waltons. I do know they have a cell phone commercial now that is based on it, but I guess it's not a very effective ad for the younger generations that don't know who the are. I guess they're really targeting parents, though, since it's for a family plan. Okay, enough marketing analysis

I've been doing well on my diet for the past few days, yet when I got on the scale this morning, it was up a pound. Still below 280, but still annoying. Oh well...stay the course, and it will catch up to me eventually I DID have 3 servings of veggies yesterday, which I think is a new record for me I had a lot of spinach on my sandwich and then had brown rice mixed with some corn, red pepper, and lots of broccoli with dinner--and I lived to tell the tale
Old 01-19-2006, 08:05 AM   #114  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Good morning Girls!!!

Has anyone else worked out with Gilad on FitTV??? What an a$$-kicking muscle-headed jerk! I LOVE HIM!!! My legs have never hurt so much as they do from that guy. We did his 1/2 hour show 3 times this week and I swear I'm dying! The show is called Body Sculpt with Gilad, I challange anyone to try it sometime. Ouch

Gotta finish getting ready for work. Hair, makeup etc. I'll check in later... Send me good vibe that Sears will have my new Elliptical ready for me to pick up tonight!!!

Later Chica's!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:22 AM   #115  
Shairing her ESH...

Morning Ladies!

Jill, I'm so PROUD of you!! You will find that veggies are really your friend! And you really should catch an episode of The Waltons. I think the Hallmark Channel has re-runs going on. You might find it a bit sappy at times (think Little House on the Prairie sappy), but they always have a good message. And the characters are very colorful and endearing.

Froggy, I hope your eliptical gets here soon! Would love to get one of those for my future home gym!

Aimee: Aren't drugs wonderful? I don't know how I would have gotten through the last couple of days without my darvocet. I'm lucky I still had some left from my shoulder injury.

I'm feeling better today, and believe it or not, I actually MISSED working out this week! Now I want to get back on track and headed towards TWO-Ville!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #116  
Shairing her ESH...

This is SO STRANGE! I posted how I was feeling better less than two hours ago, and now I'm in severe pain again!! What is going on???
Old 01-19-2006, 10:23 AM   #117  
Howie6267's Honey

Darvocet rocks. The non-narcotic Ultracet works well for me, too, and my doc will give me refills of it when I need it. LOL

I've gotta head into Baltimore to pick up Howie's prescription for more oxycodone. Doggone it, wish we'd known they won't phone it in. If we'd known that, we'd have asked for a refill on Monday and the scrip would be here in the mail by now. He's going to run out of it today, though, so off I go. If the Johns Hopkins pharmacy isn't busy, I'll just get it filled there; otherwise I'll wait at CVS near home. Ugh, anyhoo.

I've been wanting to get out of the house...Guess this is my big chance!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:49 AM   #118  
Shairing her ESH...

HI all! Feeling better today....hoping it will last. So far so good!

Kimberley, did you make a successful drug run?
Old 01-20-2006, 10:20 AM   #119  
Howie6267's Honey

Yes, I did! My friend Jill (Critterologist at davesgarden.com) had me over for lunch at her house, then rode with me. It was fun having someone to chat with. She also has a Navman which gives point-by-point audible directions - very cool.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:03 PM   #120  
Eating for two!

Glad people seem to be feeling better--and while it makes me the oddball in the group, I'm glad I don't have my TOM

Jeff's proving to be super-sweet lately. Not only did it surprise me that he willingly volunteered to make the trip down to Va Beach again this weekend, but he also surprised me again yesterday a bit. I told him that it was supposed to rain on Saturday, so I hoped the Biggest Loser line at Jillian's would be indoors. He responded that it didn't matter to him since his Nintendo DS is water resistant (clearly, he has his priorities straight ). I told him that I wasn't expecting him to go wait in the line with me for hours, that I was going to let him stay at the house while I went. But he said no, that he would come and wait in line with me Good boy