MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Hey - why didn't it show my sig??
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:26 AM   #77  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Yay - I just did my workout video.

It was good actually - they have four aerobic sections, each harder than the next so you can do as many or as few as you like, depending on ability. Being my first time in years, I just did the first one, then moved onto the toning work.

Again, it was differentiated, so there were easier options for beginners and advanced options and it told beginners to stop after so many reps whereas the advanced carried on a bit longer.

I felt it was really good - I felt like I'd exercised but it wasn't so horrible that I didn't want to do it again. And, as I get better, I can do more.

Nutridiary reckons I burned up 266 calories on that.

I happy!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #78  
Lois

Smile

Hey everyone,
Got that WATP in early this morning, and I swear it's getting better with each day. I may get on my stationary bike later or do the WATP again... thanks for the suggestive push Sheila... I'm trying to keep up with you. When my boys get home from school I'll send them out to the garage to get my 2 mile tape along with my RS tapes. Gotta keep this going and stay motivated!

CBETA to the group. I like your idea... it sounds like fun!

Robsia on the workout and WTG on the weight loss and you are ahead of target too! That's very inspiring... keep up the good work girl!

I'll check back later to night to see what's going one with everyone.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #79  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Yesterday was almost a good day for me. I began WW program on Tuesday or Wednesday and haven't lost anything, I don't think. Although, I "weighed in" in sweat pants and a t shirt and today I'm weighing in jeans and t shirt. That may be the difference. Well, maybe not the whole difference. Last night hubby came home and wanted to go out to eat. I made a bad choice and ordered small fried catfish plate with french fries, hushpuppies, salad. I'm sooo ashamed!! I think that may be why I'm not showing a loss. Although when we went, I'd only had 7 points and my target is 28. Surely it wasn't more than 21 points?? I don't know. I just know that tonight it'll be something healthy! The good thing is that this time yesterday I was starving and today I'm not even hungry!
I guess I'm needing some encouragment....or maybe some words of disappointment. I'm not really sure what'd make me stick to it better. Help!?!?!?!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #80  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I trying to write this in notepad and then paste and copy. Hopefully it works!

I'm going to check in real quick this morning, gotta a lot on my plate today.

Sheila, I am trying hard to kick those fat cells out! Their rent is due baby!haha

Ravisa, congratulations on your weight loss so far. That's awesome! And thanks for the suggestion of a bath. Who could really turn down a chance to relax in the tub! I also head my butt up over the stairs when it gets too tempting! haha

Teri, it is so inspiring to hear that you had a great time at the track. You did awesome! I think I would lose the nerve when I saw how big the track was! I'm proud of you!

Garnetfairy, sorry to hear of your cousins passing. That's gotta be tough to deal with. I know when there has been a death in my family, I just wanted to be a blob and not consider anything. But great for you to keep yourself in line and still wanting to workout. Keep it up girl!

Kespinoza, Welcome! You know what getting your mind set to get started on this journey is the first step! The thought of the first day is always scary, that's why we all put it off so much. But once you get going you'll feel awesome about taking control. You can do it!!

Lois, thanks for the cheers. And good for you getting your exercise in early today!

CBETA, welcome! I love the idea of the snowman! Can't wait to see that.

Robsia, great job losing! I know how exciting that feels. It's hardly containable, Ziploc got nothing on us! haha And cudos for doing your exercise tape. Keep it going!

GainingWeightInLa, you know the most important is that you don't get discouraged. Just pick up your socks and keep on treking! One bad day does not mean the end. Your still in this to lose and you will. Now your even more motivated to eat something healthier for dinner, that's gotta count for something! Cheer up! Todays and new day!

I'm down another 0.5lbs. Small amount, but better off than on. I was thrown off a little yesterday. Daughter started back preschool and every thursday her best friend and mother always join us at McDonalds. I was so anxious about this! The whole way there I was preparing myself to contain any impulse temptations. It worked, I ordered the grilled chicken Thai salad and an ice water. All in all, it had 2.5grams of fat. But dinner time I was suppose to have roasted turkey breakfast, brusselsprouts and a toss salad. Did the turkey breast, couldn't touch the sprouts (almost lost them), and I 86'd the salad. I don't know if this is why I have such a small lost (compared to the other days). I didn't give my body enough? Anyhow, this is a new day. so far I'm on track, great breakfast and 1.30 miles on the treadmill. We'll see what tomorrow brings! I hope to get back later today to check in.

Have a productive day ladies!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #81  

Default Wow

Everyone's doing really great! Sorry I haven't been around, I've been sick with something that looks remarkably like pneumonia, so exercise hasn't even been an option for me, with the difficulty breathing and all. But good news: I have lost about 3 pounds, and my water intake since I got sick has been pretty excellent.

Keep it up, everyone!
fourwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:17 PM   #82  
determined to lose

Thank you for the well wishes on my loss of my cousin. Went to the funeral and reception today. Did bad, I ate two squares of lasagna which has pasta which I am not supposed to have on SB Phase 1 of course. But I had two servings of salad too with a vinagrette (not much). There were 4 kinds of cake and 2 kinds of cookies and what looked like baklava. I was very weak...but what I did was: I got a plate and put two pieces of each cake and two cookies on the plate and wrapped it in aluminum foil. I brought it home and my mom fixed it up and it goes in the freezer. When I reach my goal weight I can have half of it and the other half goes to mom. Weird, huh?
At least I did not eat it and it can always spoil in the freezer or accidentally get tossed out to make room for something else...I am proud of me for this, I only had one lick of frosting off my finger then I found a napkin quick!

Congratulations to all of you who have had losses! WAY TO GO!! To those who have not, be patient it is right around the corner!! Just keep up with your program and move past the mistakes, YOU CAN DO IT!!! If it is irresistable put it in the freezer like I did.

Fortunately for me I hardly ever go in the freezer for anything since mom insists on doing all the cooking. They keep evil things in there like fudgecycles and dreamcicles and ice cream...evil demons' food. Sure it tastes cold but I think it comes from a hotter place....ha ha ha

I am so glad to find people who also need to lose at least 100 pounds. I really have trouble sympathising with the 20 or 15 pound group. I am sure that it is just as hard for them as it is for us, but Puhleeze, I am too envious for words! ha ha ha

I will be happy when all of us are down to our last 15 pounds...we will have to have a virtual celebration...get a private chat room or exchange pictures or something!!

I like the idea of the virtual snowman!! I think it sounds great and motivational!

Thanks for being here, everybody!!
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:19 PM   #83  
determined to lose

OH yeah, I forgot to tell you. I bought a three DVD set of walk away the pounds on Amazon yesterday...So I can join in with the rest of you and WATP!
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #84  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls, just popping in.

Fourwinds, sorry to hear that your sick. It's great your looking on the bright side and managing to get down that water. Drinking a lot of liquids should get you up and going in no time! 3lbs. is wonderful! No matter how it's lost, it's better off than on heh?!

Garnetfairy, I gotta agree, like we would even be compatible as a support buddy with someone who only needs to lose a small amount. Hahaha They would done and we're still trying to lose 90!! I gotta say you are so strong to not touch the cake and cookies. Those are my weaknesses BIG time! Bravo!
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #85  

Hello ALL, welcome to everyone just joining, I will read everything asap, but my computer is on the fritz and I'm quickly using my son's laptop, which I am NOT used to.

Windows won't open on mine... says SHDOCWV.dll is not something or other and I need to reinstall... I don't know HOW to reinstall it, I don't even know what the heck it is!!!

Great job losers!

This computer makes me crazy...

ps Cheryl, I will order Richard, thanks for mentioning that I can find him online!

Good Luck, and I'm so glad to see our group growing.

I stayed on target today with food, but work was it for exercise, I can hardly move after getting home.
1FatHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

I am really glad everyone liked the idea..so lets get to it...
I suppose a check on the 1st of each month for all pounds lost would be great. Since you guys are better at keeping track, I suggest send me a private message with your number of pounds I will accumulate it and show progress...

As for me, though I complained of the weight not moving yesterday - today it moved...really it. I am 258 and I need to go get flowers, as in my other thread I said that if I go below 260 I will buy myself some to chear me up.
So I just had a healthy dinner and waiting to make sure we get the water back on (we have a major leak and they are repairing) , then I have to visit the store and off to the gym I go. Tomorrow morning I am driving to get myself some.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:21 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

LadyLai, I assume this is your picture on the avatar. I cannot think of the name but you remind me of some actress....May be Angelina Joily, but I think there is someone who looks even closer...
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:03 PM   #88  

hi everyone off to a good start. thanks to everyone for the support it does help to know that other people have the same problems thanks
kespinoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:30 PM   #89  

Hey everybody! What a hectic day, as you can see from my late post maybe. My work week is Tues-Sat, so I have to work tomorrow. I'll try to catch up & write more personal notes then. This will be a quickie. Did better on the water, fg 19, exercise got it in, but snowing so didn't go to the track. I'm not carzy!
Have a great night everyone. (Welcome to all who have just joined!) I'll catch up with ya tomorrow.
Teri
maysmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:59 PM   #90  

Default Flavored Water

Hi Everyone! Just checking in for the night. First, WELCOME to Ravisa, Kespinoza and CBETA!!!!!

CBETA.... The snowman sounds great. Count me in. Russia isn't the only country with "clean your plate". I grew up hearing about the starving children in the world, and that I better clean my plate. That was the start of me becoming an overeater. You can do it! Just take each day as it comes.

For those of you that hate the taste of water, WalMart sell flavored that is really good. The large bottle sells for .58 and equals 4 servings of water. My favorites are White Grape, Lime, Mixed Berry and Strawberry. Check them out and give them a try.

I've lost another two lbs since starting Weight Watchers on Wednesday. Lunch was a big disapointment. Ate at HUHut Mongolian BBQ. Had a nice bowl of veggie with a little chicken to eat. The grill they cook it on was not cleaned real good, so my food had a burnt taste to. YUCK!!! Should of gone to Olive Garden for soup and salad.

Getting tired. Till later.
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote