Old 03-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #811  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default How About A New Thread??

What do you think about the idea of starting a new 1Year/100Lbs thread at the beginning of each month?

I've seen this done in a few places and it seems to work. It keeps things a little more compact but at the same time, since it mentions the month, you can go back to the previous thread if you want to look for something.

Let's hear what you think, gang.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:37 PM   #812  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I think it's a good idea - I post on the Calorie Counters KISS thread and we've been starting a new one each month.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:18 PM   #813  

S/C/G: 240/219/135

That would be fine with me! It would Probably be easier to find stuff(like that recipe) but would we have to Subscribed every month? That would kind of be bad. Because it is kind of hard to find you'll if you don't have it coming to your email, or go to your control panel! I am not exatly Computer Literate if you know what I mean!

Sometimes sleep makes everything feel better especially on a crappy day!

Mum- Please let us know if you are feeling better?I am sendiing you some goodvibes

Where is Stacye? Haven't heard from her in a long time!!!

We are going shopping!!! I LOVE TO SHOP!!! It is my second weakness(food being the first)! TTYL
mama4dmkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:22 PM   #814  
determined to lose

Countess - Congrats on the loss!! That is awesome!! Everyday, I try to get back on the beach phase 1 and everyday there is something that gets me off track. I was doing fine today until my mom gave me a piece of angelfood cake. She said even diabetics can eat it. So I did. It was awefully sweet to me. I dont want anymore of it - but I could eat the whole thing, if you can understand what Im saying. Glad you are doing so great, keep it up!

Tracey - Boy am I ever glad I had my hysterectomy. I had it at 25 and I am 43 now so I have not had to deal with bleading for all this time and it is super!!! I do find that it is a little hard to relate to everyone's flow problems though since I quit so long ago. Seems like everyday another person is talking about their TOM or AF or AM or whatever they call it. I sure feel for all of y'all.

Robsia - Believe me the tank top does not show my midriff. That is just an in the house picture with a sports bra for a nasty before photo. At the gym I have a sleeveless tank top that covers my tummy but not my arms.

Congrats on being ahead on your St Pat's goal. Are we only allowed a certain number of tickers??

Tina - I understand your frustration with the scales. I weighed yesterday 279, today 282 same scales same weight clothing. Bizzare. I do not know how you all can stand weighing everyday, it would drive me bonkers.

mama - what a tiny puppy you have! it is weird to have lost the equivalent of your dog...I hope your son recovers fully and quickly. I know it is hard to make up for time missed in school!

Liza - I hate me too, have for years. But you cannot let that go into your mouth. Make a voodoo doll instead or beat up your pillow and scream into it. Work the anger off with exercise...I am sorry that you binged and that you consumed all those calories and did not even get to enjoy them. But maybe you can use this experience to keep you from bingeing next time. Pick yourself up, throw out the rubbish you did not eat yet and get back on program. You are stronger than you think and you can do this, I know you can if you will.

meowee - I do the nap trick too, sleep thru the cravings. I pop a sugar free candy in my mouth and lay down until I dont feel like eating the house down anymore. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. But at least i am well rested. ha ha ha

Cheryl - So glad to hear you are up and feeling better and even exercising! That is great. I am sure that Richard missed you. Hey what do you think about his "the stomach formula" video?? I'm thinking about getting a copy.

Monthly is fine with me on the thread.

I am doing good today. Went to the gym with mom and got a half hour in before she was ready to leave. I miss my hour + workouts. But I am glad mom is working out some. Hopefully she will build up her stamina and we can start staying longer.

Everyone have a GReat Weekend!!
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:00 PM   #815  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Stalking, lurking Turtle

Hello ladies. If you all knew just how long I've been lurking, reading all the posts here on your thread, hiding in the shadows, following your struggles, your ups and downs, you'd probably report me as some crazed, lunatic stalker! But, by the way, I'm completely harmless. Insane, possibly, but harmless. Though I'm not new to this site (not new at all) I've lost all motivation and found myself posting less and less. I've even stopped posting a public journal, which I used to enjoy immensely (especially all the comments I'd receive). I've been very sick for nearly two weeks with a bad cold and I'm back to work (tonight is my first night back as a matter of fact) and I'm hoping to find my boot straps laying around some where, and pull myself up by them. I want desperately to get back in the swing of things.

I just wanted to let you all know that I think you have a great group here and if I ever get the nerve up to post again, I'd like it to be here with you all. Have a great evening and please enjoy your week end.

They call me Java Turtle
(I guess right now, I'm Stalking Java Turtle )
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:41 PM   #816  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi, gang . . . it's me again. Thought I'd pop in to see what you thought of the new thread idea.

Sorry, Paula, I don't know the answer to your questions. I don't subscribe to anything. I just remember where my favourite threads are located . . . i.e., 1year/100lbs is in "Support Groups" and I get to support groups via the "forum jump" feature at the bottom of the page (under the Quick Reply section). And I think you are more computer savvy than I am . . . you know how to post pictures and you know how to subscribe . . . I don't.

As a diabetic, Garnet, I'm not too sure I think Angel Food Cake is a great idea (at least not for me). It's very high in both sugar and white flour. Maybe your Mother has a recipe that's made with Splenda instead of sugar? From a weight-loss point of view, it's not too bad because it is fat free.

Hello to you, Stalking. Hope you are planning to join us. It's definitely time to come out of your shell. Welcome aboard.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:26 PM   #817  
Lois

Quick check in,..

Linda, I had been thinking that too... I will start the new thread and will label it to coincide with the month... the new one will be labeled
" 1 Year / 100 lb. Buddy #3 "

Whenever you click on the "post reply" link near the top of the page, as opposed to composing your reply on the bottom of the page, you are given a new screen that gives the option (near the bottom) to "subscribe" to that thread and also can receive the emal notice. Then each time you log in, just click on "Quick Links" at the top of the page and go to "Subscribed Threads".. that's how I'm able to locate any threads I have replied to... hope this helps

I had a good day... and I was able to get out of the bed with no problem... haha! I did the 2 mile today and passed on the evening workout... gotta give my muscles a break. I'll catch up later.

Last edited by ladylane06; 03-04-2006 at 12:16 AM.
ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #818  
Lois

Smile New Thread Link...

1 Year / 100 lb. Buddy #3

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #819  

S/C/G: 272/264/180

Height: 5'5

Cool Well Helloo

Its my 4th week of eating healthy and excercising at the gym.. im very motivated, starting to feel better. Im enjoying reading everyones posts.. i find that everyone has something to say that motivates and inspires everyone else. we are all in the same boat going to the same destination I hope
prettyface55 is offline   Reply With Quote