Old 01-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLai
Hey Ladies, I just have to jump in here real quick! I've lost! I've lost! (no I'm not in a leading role with Mattew Fox!) hahaha I'm down 4lbs!!! I just had to come share with you all, hubby isn't home and I'm dying to tell somone..hehee Well I'm off to the treadmill! Be back a little later!

C-Ya
~Tina

Whooohooo for our Treadmill Queen! !!! Great job! I WILL get mine back in here today. Posting your loss is such an encouragement!
1FatHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #47  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey, guys. I'm 32 yr old mom of a 7 yr old son and 9 month old daughter. You can see how far I have to go below! Mind if I join in also? We (hubby, kinda, and myself) just started back on weight watchers. It's not offical with a meeting yet, but we're doing the program. I also plan to join Curves sometimes within the next week, if I don't talk myself out of it first! lol I'm tired of jiggling! I lost 30 lbs on weight watchers two years ago. Have kept 2/3 of it off. But I know it's slowly creeping back on. It was soooo great for people to come up and comment on how much I'd lost. I miss that, as well as the great feeling of eating healthy. I felt awesome!!!! Completely! I had soo much energy.
Anyway, I'm back hopefully to reach my long term goal this time!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #48  
Lois

Smile

Jill - hmm i wish thinking about it actually worked... woudln't that be great!

Quote:
Panda Express.... They do not have good Sesame Chicken. They use cats!!! They do, they do, they do...

Sheila - I'll be WATP this evening too, and I'm actually looking forward to it! Did I say that... somebody check my temperature.

Tina - Wow... Now how's that for motivation. We're doing it!

GainingWeightInLa - to the thread, I'm Lois and I have a loooonnng way to go too, but I think with the encouragement and motivation we can offer one another it will make it that much easier.

Last edited by ladylane06; 01-04-2006 at 12:57 PM.
ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #49  
Lois

Just checking in. Boy, I was so tired and did not feel like doing any workout, but I made myself do the WATP. I did not finish it but I made thru more than half way. I'll do better tomorrow when I'm not so tired. I'll check back with you all later.... I need a nap!
Old 01-04-2006, 08:48 PM   #50  

And growing and growing.
I'm not as good as ladylane, but I will say GainingWeightinLA & LilMsCntBeWrng.
to everyone on your exercise & staying on track.
I know what you mean about "calling it a diet" it IS a 4 letter word in my book.
Jill-you don't know how many times I have wished that thinking about exercising would work-I hate having to get off my rumpous & do it.
Shelia & ladylane feels good to think that my posts are a motivation, but trust me you all motivate me far more.

I just had to jump on here really quick to cheer for my son. Now some may have different opions on the subject of children loosing weight, but I am psyched! My son turned 12 on 12-20. He is 5'7" (looks me in the eye ), wears a 9 mens shoe, & 34/32 jeans. He is, as you can see, a big boy and is just big framed too. But he's always had a little of a weight problem. It has really gotten to him at times & as a mom & someone who's been there it hurts me too. Point of the story is, I've been trying to motivate him to get moving more too. Now don't get me wrong, I have not made him diet, I've just been talking to him about us all eating healthier. I'm not sure when he started to shed some of his weight exactly, but in Nov. he was 230. Today out of curiosity I had him weigh before we left this morning. My baby is down to 215!!!!! I don't want him to put too much emphasis on it so I did praise him (a lot), but didn't go to extremes had to get on here and shout it out. lol

Ok, I'll report part now
fat grams: 19
water: 54oz so far, during & after exercise will be more
exercise: I'll report back in on that later cuz that's what I'm going to do now.

Thanks for letting me share!
Keep up the good work everybody!

Teri
maysmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #51  

to GainingWeightinLA. I'm so glad you joined us. I think we're shapin' (pun intended) to be a fun group, and the inspiration/motivation of some here is already amazing! Welcome to hubby, too, if he's looking over the shoulder! I personally love WW. Of 40lbs I lost 2 yrs. ago, I've only gained back 10. What I learned did make me stop and think before mindlessly noshing even after I had to drop the meetings.

Teri, I'm with you on wanting my children to not have to deal with what I have. My youngest is like me... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. He is not quite 6' and almost 300 lbs. Solid and sturdy right now, but I do worry I've passed my bad eating habits to him. Anyway... I'm so happy your guy is slimming down! Those teenage years can be so tough, especially when you're self concious. I imagine a lot has to do with your modeling healthier eating with your weight loss, plus just having his mother care! My son is 17, and I hope I still have time to teach him better habits.
Also, nice job on the fat grams and H2O! Hope you're enjoying your exercise.

Lois, You will get there on WATP! More than half-way is better than none!!! A good nights rest and you'll be up and running...er, walking!

I stayed on my point target today... I gave up a lot of healthy food to get to have a few pieces of that dog gone chicken but I guess that's the trade-off. I'm hungry now, but alas, my points are gone... and I refuse to use any Flex Points!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #52  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Good evening to one and all! I was here b4 dinner and I wrote this great big post and when I tried posting it I got "server is down, try back in 20 mins". Did anyone else get that? It made me soOOOOOooo !!

Now I can't remember everything I said. hahaha

Thank you Sheri, Lois and Teri for the cheers. I really appreciate it. I don't want to end up repeating myself, but having someone supporting you (in good and bad) is so important. It means the world to me. It's like you all motivate me to keep it going so I'll somemore great news to share. And congrats to you all for your successes. This is the way we burn our fat, burn our fat. This is the way we get thinner, we get thinner. Sheila, I can tell you lastnight I would went out for dinner thinking I'd find something healthy on the menu. I don't really enjoy cooking, and I like to take the easy way out too much. No wonder I managed to balloon heh? Lois, great moving the scale in the opposite direction! It maybe a small step like my "fluctuaion", but it's a great first step! I mean it has to start somewhere! Teri, great job keeping on plan!!

As for me, today was day three of the plan. I kept on target perfectly. But I tell y'all, this is the worst time of the day for me. After everything starts to settle down, you're in relax mode. I usually grab a munchie, or two, or three...or well you get the idea! So far I've been able to avoid any temptations. What do you guys do when you got the munchies to avoid it? I am trying not to snack after dinner. They say it doesn't get a chance to burn off, just becomes F-A-T (bad word). Now, I'm writing to you all, which is great keeping my fingers busy, instead of a candy wrapper. haha If you have any ideas I'd appreciate them.

Thanks again!
Have a great night.

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #53  

Hi Ladies,
Do you have room for one more? Sound like a fun group to help keep me motivated. I started back with Weight Watchers today after a two year absent. I found out that I can't follow the program without the support of attending the meetings. I have to drive 25 miles to attend, but I' ve decided that I'm worth it, and 2006 is going to be the year of a new ME!! My name is Cheryl and I'm 52. Feel like I'm still in my 30's. LOL I have 235 pounds to loose off my 5 foot frame. Today was a great first day for me, no cheating. And to top it off, I worked out to my walking tape. Didn't make it completely through, did about 20 minutes, but I did it! Oh how I hate to exercise!! But the fat won't melt off without some effort and sweat on my part. I forget where I found this prayer at, but I start each day saying it and thought I'd share it with you.

Dear God,
I surrender my body and my weight loss to your devine care and love. I ask that you remove all excess and unnecessary weight from my body. Return my body to it's most healthy and balanced state. Give me eating habits that support my health and life energy. And, finally, teach me to love my body and caare for it from this day forth. Amen

Have a good evening,
Cheryl~
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:49 PM   #54  
determined to lose

I would like to lose at least 100 pounds this year.

I weighed 304 on 12-30-05 and I currently weigh 301.5 as of 01-03-05.
I joined the new gym by my house and worked out 01-02 and 01-03. I plan to work out tomorrow. I am doing Phase 1 of The South Beach Diet right now. My mom is dieting with me. I do not know if I am going to go on to Phase 2 or do something else. Has anyone else tried South Beach Diet??

What is WATP? is it a video you do in your room? Can you describe it to me a bit? Maybe it is something I should get too.

I think it sounds like you are all very motivated and helping each other a lot! That is what I need, people to report my progress to, so I feel obligated more. I try to get my friend interested but she just says she is going to eat a little less of everything (so far that includes ice cream) any way, she says I am too competitive for her to diet with and she does not do "diets" so I need other people to help me. Other people means on the net because I dont drive so I am limited in meeting new people. Although, I guess I might meet someone at the gym someday. But I have social anxiety so I doubt it.

Anyway, I hope you will let me join you so I can have people to diet and exercise with and to mark progress with and cheer for each other and give tips.

I have been wondering how many points do you get with WW? I cannot afford to join since I am on a small disability income...but I would like to know more about the program. I would think, if you knew how many points you were allowed, that you could get a couple of points cookbooks and do it that way. Maybe I'm wrong, I dont know.

I hope you accept me and I did not type too much.
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:55 PM   #55  
determined to lose

Default snacks at night

LadyLai - what I have been snacking on at night are sugar-free hard candies. They are about 10 calories apiece and I usually have 3 or 4 at the computer at night. Werther's original caramel candy is one and there are life savers and creme savers that are all sugar-free. They give me the taste of sweets without the calories. Especially the caramel and the chocolate ones because I love caramel and chocolate very much!

Just an idea.
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #56  

Hi Ladies!
Do you have room for one more? This sound like just want I need to keep me motivated. My name is Cheryl and I'm 52, but feel like I'm still in my 30's! LOL
I started back at Weight Watchers today after a two year absent and not being able to stay on the program by my self. I need the support of attending the meeting and this site. It's a 25 mile drive to attend the meetings, but I've decided that I'm worth it!! Besides, 2006 is going to be the year of a new ME/US. Right, Gals!!! I have 235 pounds to loose off of my 5 foot frame and 100 pounds gone by Jan 2007 is my first goal.
I had a great first day, no cheating!! Had a salad at McDonalds instead of fries, that I swear were calling my name along with McNuggets. I even managed to work out to my walking tape. A miracle for me! Oh, how I hate to exercise. But the fat won't melt away without a lot of effort on my part. I don't remember where I found this prayer at, but I start each day with it and thought I'd share it with you.

Dear God,
I surrender my body and my weight to your devine care and love. I ask that you remove all excess and unnecessary weight from my body. Return my body to it's most healthy and balanced state. Give me eating habits that support my health and life energy. And, finally, teach me to love my body and to care for it from this day forth. Amen

Have a good evening.
~Cheryl
Old 01-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #57  

Cheryl and garnetfairy!!! We're thrilled to have you join in! We're all just getting started... except Teri, of course, who's quite an inspiration

Thank you for sharing your prayer with us, Cheryl. That's what this is all about, for me anyway, restoring my body back to it's natural balance as intended. We CAN and WILL do that! Way to go making it through the first day successfully!

garnetfairy... I'll be happy to post a little on the WW system, but I'll probably send a PM to you first thing in the morning! It's a great system, and WW online will have lots of answers for you, too. WATP is a exercise video... Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone. It's pretty tame compared to most exercise videos, especially the 1 mile walk, and is just EXCELLENT for getting (slowly if needed) back into exercising daily. Exercising is done in place while watching the video.

Tina... A big gold STAR for you for sticking through Day 3! I know your hard work and effort will pay off very soon for you... you're not gonna need a year to lose 100 lbs. I'm gonna have to get busy to keep up. Hmmmm, I wonder if your earlier post was 'lost in the move'???

I'm too tired to type more, but I will post some munchie ideas tomorrow. Goodnight ALL!

Sheila

Last edited by 1FatHen; 01-04-2006 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:30 PM   #58  

Default Sorry ladies

Hey Ladies, sorry about the double posts. Problems with my computer or the person running it!! Said I wasn't logged in, and I guess I was. I haven't even figured out how to add the tracker or the cute smilies on this laptop. Maybe my 13 year old foster daughter can help tomorrow. Till later. ~Cheryl
Old 01-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #59  

OK everybody! I did make it back. I got my exercise in! woohoo! That little devil on my shoulder said that I didn't have to , but I knock it off and got on that gazelle. Water increased also, got the full 64oz in.

Garnetfairy- Congrats on your loss so far. Hang in there & find what works. by the way - love your avatar.

Cheryl- To you as well. I love that prayer. I enlarged & printed it. It is now on my bathroom mirror for me to see every morning. Thanks!

LadyLai - I like frozen grapes. I don't know what your plan allows for, but I don't eat as many of them when they are frozen, I kinda suck on them until they soften up. I like them a little better that way too. Also, your getting that sweet taste without all the bad stuff that goes with it.

Shelia - It's good to know I'm not the only mom who feels responsible for her childs weight problem. & thanks, if he knew I was talking about him here he'd probably die!! LOL

Need to get in bed. Have a good night & a great day tomorrow everybody.
Teri
maysmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #60  
Lois

Just Checkin' back in,

Tina for your son, I feel your excitement and good for you staying on track... I know how those munchies can be. It's hard resisting sometimes.

Sheila, I thought it was "cat" gone chicken btw could you send me a PM on the info as well.

Cheryl and garnetfairy to the group.

Cheryl I like the prayer, how appropriate!

garnetfairy, WATP is Walking Away The Pounds. It's an in home walking exercise tape by Leslei Sansone. If you check the reviews section you'll find a bit more info on her tapes.

Teri, glad you made it back... congrats on getting rid of that little devil and getting that workout in... I know you must be proud of yourself!

Ok ladies, I didn't nap long enough, time to get some real sleep tonight.

C'ya Later

Last edited by ladylane06; 01-05-2006 at 12:38 AM.