Old 01-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #31  
I CAN do this...

Hi Ladies!

Can I join in?

I am a married 30 year old with a 3 year old son. I also work full time outside the home. I can relate to the "Mommy's too tired" line.

I have 100lbs to get to where I was comfortable and then another 50lbs after that.
My goal now is to try for 10 lbs a month.

Looking forward to chating with you all!!!
enlightened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 304/289/160

Height: 5'5"

Default Day One

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Hearing all this talk about the WTP tapes makes me want to pull them out. Thinking I should do that first thing in the morning and then my treadmill at night. . I think this is going to be the start of a great year!!!!!!!!

Megan
(I love cows)
citycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #33  

Hi CoCo and enlightened . We can all do this, together. A hundred years ago, who would've imagined we could have WL support from miles and (s)miles away! 10 lbs a month...that's our goal! The rest will follow.

Sherry, I hope you've found time for yourself today. It is so hard when you have a family. The pay-off will be great in the end. Enjoy your walk.

WATP is very popular I see. Glad to know mine wasn't the only one 'gathering dust'.

Megan... I like cows, too. My boys both showed calves at the fair, though my oldest is now in college, and my youngest just has a show hog this year. We just had a new calf a couple of weeks ago. It's soooo cute. Several mama's are due to calve anytime.

Later all, family time... maybe I'll play air hockey with my son. Does that count as exercise???
1FatHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi there!,
Is there room for one more on this "party barge"? I too have over 100lb to lose, I am not trying to set an absolute amount, I just want to change my lifestyle. Now, here is a thing, they say if you do something for 21 days in a row, it becomes a habit! Just think, only 21 days of WOTP!!!! I also admit to using Richard Simmons, and bellydancing ( now that is fun! As long as there is no one around to see me anyway! ). I hope to stay motivated by just hearing from all of you, and you know I like the idea of checking in each evening (or day whenever it is convenient for me). I think that was I am accountable to someone... which for me is a HUGE motivator!! I am 42 btw... and haven't looked like I like to look since 1990, this weight didn't come on in one day, and I know it isn't coming off in one day, but, just one day at a time is all I need to make the change! Congrats to all of us for taking the "first "step!!!!!! Let's stay positive!!!!!
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:53 PM   #35  
MasterHarper

Can I join this group too? I'm 210 and I've got 70 lbs to lose.

I got down to 140 in 1997 (although having on overactive thyroid helped a lot) but it gradually went back on again, mostly over the last four years.

So I am determined to get back to it again.

I'm hoping to hit my goal by next New Year too, so it'd be great if we could all buddy up. I have a friend who also has 70 lbs to lose, I'll see if she wants to join.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:37 PM   #36  

gonna jump right in here. I have 100lbs to lose. I will be 39 the end of this month. I have always struggled with my weight. I've tried just about everything. A bunch of the women at my work have been talking about losing some weight for the new year and I thought it would be great to do it together. Since I open my big mouth I put in charge and hit the internet to find some information and lead me here. I hoping that between work and here I might be able to follow through this time.

Christy
destinyksofsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #37  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Day Two!

A great big HELLO to Sheila, Kelly, Sherry, Heather (from Manchester), Teri, Melanie, fourwinds, Nikki, Lois, citycowgirl, Jill, Coco, enlighten, luckyducky, robsia, and Christy! Wow, can you believe there are 17 of us (so far)!

Sheila: Thanks for the very nice compliment and rahs rahs! Yeah I love the Rockies too. We go there every summer for holidays. Every year I am still amazed at how beautiful they are. Also, being beside a mountain is a bonus, I mean look how small I look!! haha

Sherry: Thanks also for the rahs rahs! I hope you can go for that walk you've been wanting to do. You can do it!

citycowgirl: You know that's the exact same way I found this site. I was looking for a weight loss tracker. I'm so glad I found it. I love this place. I'm sure you will too!

As for me, today was great! I've been on target these past two days. The first two days of my new life. I've been eating good (following the meal plans), and walking on the treadmill. I've walked 2.5 miles and burned 280 calories each day. I found a water bottle at Walmart that holds the exact amount of water you need to drink in a day. I've been on target with that too! A big victory for me, I hardly ever drink enough of anything. AAAaaannnndDDd! The scale reads 1.5lbs lighter! Maybe a small victory, or fluctuaion..hahaha I'm still thrilled. The best thing about all of this, is that I can come and share it with ppl that will cheer me on. Half the battle is having a great bunch of ppl playing on your side of the court.

I hope you all have a lot of your own small victories. One day at a time, one step at a time (even baby steps), it's all in the right direction. We can do it together.

Have a great one!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:14 PM   #38  

Hello Everyone! & Welcome to all new additions since I was on last!
Ladylane thanks for the cheers.
Eyesing-the reporting is working. Almost like you guys can see if I screw up.
LadyLai- way to go! 2.5 miles is great & I feel ya on the water-Kudos!
And I thought I was the only one who accidentally found this site. Accidents sometimes are the best things that can happen in the long run!!

Here's the report for today:
25 Fat grams (still below the 30)
66 oz water
Exercise: gazelle 15 mins.& weights 45.
Exercise goal for tomorrow: gazelle 15 mins DDR 45.

Keep up the good work everybody. Have a GREAT day tomorrow!
Teri

Last edited by maysmav; 01-03-2006 at 11:19 PM.
maysmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:17 PM   #39  

Hey everyone, reading everyones responses in this forum has been quite motivating, I just started a new way of eating, I refuse to call it dieting. I am going to be a new me, i've never been concerned about my weight, i'll admit it has held me back a few times, but I am a very outgoing,personable,strong broad. I'm hot and I know it...hehe. I have a few health issues that have come to light so it's now or my next move will be the gravesite next to my dads.. I'm looking forward to talking with each and everyone of you... Take care and remember to stay strong.... Laura
LilMsCntBeWrng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #40  

Hello luckyducky, Robsia, and Christy and Laura. Nice to see you joining us. We're just getting started on a healthier, lighter year! Laura...we definitely don't want you pushin' daisies just yet!!!

Way to go Tina... healthy food, water, and exercise! Seeing that you are following through makes me want to follow through, too. Thanks for helping be an inspiration to me. Nice job on your 'fluctuation' haha... I'm sure it IS hard work paying off!!!

I had healthy food today, not enough water, and WAPT x 1 mile. I'm gonna follow luckyducky into RichardSimmonsLand as soon as I can get another video/DVD. I forgot how much I enjoyed those workouts until she mentioned it. Thank you luckyducky.

Nice job Teri, you really add great motivation! I have a gazelle, too. Expensive exercise equipment...ahhh, I've used maybe 10 times. I'm sure the UPS man just laughs to himself when I open the door, fat as always, to get my next piece of home gym equipment or the latest weight-loss trick. I'm draggin' out the gazelle along with the treadmill. And USING them.

My poor husband...he's never been one who cared to go out for supper. Well, he asked me if I wanted to go out tonight... all this healthy food isn't his style (skinny thing that he is - gets by with eating anything and not gaining an ounce). I declined - not an easy thing saying no- and handed him his plate of steamed chicken...

G'night everyone.
Sheila
Old 01-04-2006, 02:29 AM   #41  
Lois

Smile

Hey Ladies,
Welcome to all the new faces... boy this group is growing, hope I can keep up with everyone.

Jill - we look forward to getting to know you too. I'm 44 and I have two teenagers, boys 15 and 16. ...gotta love 'em!

Sheila - thanks for the cheers. Now if you keep up with me, then I'll have to keep up with you. I bet between us, we have enough exercise equipment to open a small gym, lol.

EyeSing - did you get a chance to make time for yourself and move that hiney?

CoCo - I'm in MI as well... I'm feeling ya... I'm so out of shape myself. I did the WATP tapes for the first time in a long while two days ago. I could not make it through the 1 mile, lasted about 12 min., was dying after 5, lol. The next day I tried the stationary bike, got thru 10 min., but today I did much better with the WATP. Gradual steps will get us all there. Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

enlightened - the more the merrier. In addition to my teenaged sons, I also have a 3 year old son. Boy aren't they fun to keep up with.. shouldn't that count as exercise!

Megan - that's right girl... pull out those tapes, we can do this and have fun doing it!

luckyducky - there is plenty of room here. Oh my, thanks for reminding me how much fun RS tapes are... I'm gonna have to find mine. Hmmm, a 21 day challenge sounds good... anyone want to try it, whether it's your eating habit, exercise or both. Let's keep bringing this positive energy.

Robsia - glad you are here. Ahhh I remember 140... I think it was my late teen years! I think one year is a doable goal for us all as long as we take it one day at a time.

Christy - glad you jumped right in. Hey, opening your mouth may have been a good thing. I think having a group that's working together toward a common goal can be the best source of encouragement. Good luck to all of us!

Tina - isn't it great how this group is growing. Congrats on staying on target... I know that feels great! I said I would not get on the scale today but I couldn't help it. I didn't lose 1.5 lbs.... but I'll take the 1 lb. loss it showed Yay for us!

Teri - great job on the food and exercise. Keep it up and keep motivating us with your reports.

Laura - I'm with you, I can't call it a diet, the word alone sounds so restrictive. Changing the way you eat and how much is much easier for me. I just can not get into counting calories, although from years of experience I think must of us know about how many calories are in what, lol.

Whew! ...I hope I didn't miss anyone. I look foward to reading all your posts. I'll check back in with you all later.
ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:42 AM   #42  

Wow! Sounds like everyone is off to a great start. Does thinking about exercising count for anything? You all have motivated me to think even harder about it!

Food was good yesterday and thanks to your inspiring efforts I am going to actually get to the gym today after work. You all are wonderful.

As I always say to my teenage daughters - Make good choices!
gsjmyeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #43  
MasterHarper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjmyeager
Wow! Sounds like everyone is off to a great start. Does thinking about exercising count for anything? You all have motivated me to think even harder about it!

LOL - if it did I'd be 110!!

I think about it all the time.

I am being good today - I am snacking on grated carrot.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:24 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjmyeager

So... the tide turns! At least if we're thinking of exercise, at that moment in time, we're not thinking of FOOD. A few seconds reprieve...

I was thinkin' before I even sat down here, WHY do I have this food obsession. I wake up... first thought (after the potty of course), what am I eating today, not just breakfast, but the whole dog gone day. Honestly, I think about my next meal while I'm eating a meal. WHAT is with that??? Today is gonna be extra difficult. I have to go to a large town that has a Chinese Buffet that just sings my name out. I can hear it now...

to Lois. Great job sticking with the WATP! I'm joining you on again this evening. Puttin' miles behind us...

I will be good today... I will, I will, I will. I will drive right past, and not look to my left or right. I will not see the Panda Express sign. They do not have good Sesame Chicken. They use cats!!! They do, they do, they do...
Old 01-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #45  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ladies, I just have to jump in here real quick! I've lost! I've lost! (no I'm not in a leading role with Mattew Fox!) hahaha I'm down 4lbs!!! I just had to come share with you all, hubby isn't home and I'm dying to tell somone..hehee Well I'm off to the treadmill! Be back a little later!

C-Ya
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote