Old 01-05-2006, 11:35 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Oh, I really hope she does get in touch with you and you two get to talk it out some. I'm sure she's not going to be feeling real well if she has stayed off the drugs. Good luck, I will keep you in my thoughts.

I just shared some SF/FF French vanilla pudding with Tyler and this was our exchange:
Ty: ice cream!
Me: pudding!
Ty: after another bite and a moment of thought--ice cream!

he just didn't belive me it wasn't ice cream...so I might pull the switcheroo next time they want ice cream, this is so much better for them. I need to get off my butt here and get ready to pick Allie up. I am feeling sluggish from not eating the healtheir foods, so will get some chicken boiling for supper and try to come up with something halfway healthy for lunch. this week is so going to suck!

Anyone else getting told the server is too busy to post a message?

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #47  

I am getting that message alot and it also logs me out all the time too. I will have to check out the puddings-my kids are ice cream fiends and I have a hard time staying out of them if I have them.
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #48  

Melissa- You do have time regarding the next baby. Kate is the wild card and you just can't know what is next for her. It would be ideal if she cleaned up and came to live with you, Does she have any skills that can help her bring in some money? If she goes to a half way house and decides to clean up, maybe she can take the next few months to figure out how to become employable, and then surely she could help out with expenses. I do believe that in there somewhere, is a good girl, who did learn a lot from her mom. She's just not using it yet.
Cadwell- what is in-n-out? Do I have to move to CA to have a complete life? We will be in Carlsbad sometime in Feb? Do I need to find one there?
My NSV today is that I am totally aware of my behavior at the 2 trade shows this weekend, where all the vendors have baskets of candy in their booths and I always stop to say hello and fill up. It won't happen this weekend because I am telling you all about it.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #49  

I just had a wake up call that I think I really needed. I was in this funk, hating that I have to eat these yucky processed foods for a week, that I have no money to go out and do anything, i took a bath and right as I stepped out my neighbor rang the door bell. These are neighbors that hubby grew up with, she used to spank him even and her son is hubby's best childhood friend. Well, she is raising her grandchild and her husband died a couple years ago, she has it hard.

Okay, so I step out of the tub and she is at the door. I answer in my night gown (was counting down to bedtime, that bad of a mood) and she says she loaned her car to her SIL (lives next to her) and he left her lights on, and she has to go get the grandson, Cody, from school and had no way to get there because her battery was dead. I got clothes on, took Tyler from his bed and Allie in her jammies and I rode her to the school. On the way there she was crying and said that on Tuesday her son (hubbies old friend) went into the ICU and they still have no idea what is wrong with him, but he is very ill and might die. Wednesday was the 3 year anniversary of her husband's death and that is very hard for her. No one was visiting her son in the hospital, not even his wife, so she has to keep going to be there and it's very uspetting that he's being abandoned pretty much.

She was to pick up Cody and her grand daughter, since her father is in ICU and won't be home to get her as he usually does, but when we FINALLLY got through the line at the school, they said the girl had gone on the bus. She was SO upset, telling them she called the office and the teacher swore they did not tell her. So now we had 3rd grader on her way home, but no one was there to let her in or get her. So, I took her out there and we waited until she got off the bus and took them all back home to the grandma's house.

It just was a huge wake up call to me. If all I have to worry about is that we have to eat hot dogs and mac and cheese for a week, then I have nothing to be depressed about! Others are dealing with so much more, my problem right now is so minor. She just opened my eyes to that, and t hen I was thinking of Melissa here and how she is dealing with so much more as well.

I will not complain anymore, others are have it so much worse. I told her to let me know if she needs anything else, and I saw just a bit ago that someone was down there jumping her car off so hopefully she'll be okay now. You just never know what your neighbor is going through, I live right beside her and had no idea.

Theresa
Old 01-05-2006, 08:23 PM   #50  

Hello all!!

I don't have time to catch up on everything I just wanted to pop in and say hello! I am glad to be back at work and back OP this week after all the Christmas parties last month. It is good to be back to a normal routine. I haven't braved the scale yet but judging from my clothes I'm guessing the damage was minimal even after quite a few days of not-so-great eating and a couple days of extremely terrible eating. I did exercise a lot through it all and that is probably what saved me.

Theresa...you asked me about loose skin. Yes, I have some, I couldn't really expect not to after so many years of being overweight. I have a little extra skin where I used to have belly rolls, and my chest are is also a little saggy (going from a 42DD to a 34C I guess that is to be expected). It's not obvious except from certain angles like when I bend over. Standing upright it's just a couple little ripples very low on my abdomen and also just a bit right above my belly button. It definitely doesn't bother me enough at this point that I'd consider surgery even if I could afford it (which I can't). I can't really notice any on my arms or legs. Also...I read that skin continues to shrink long after weight loss so even people that have a lot of extra skin right away might not have so much a year or two later. The school nurse actually commented to me last fall how she was amazed I didn't have loose skin with all the weight I lost. I told her I do have some but she was surprised that I could wear sleeveless tops and shorts and not really have any saggy skin showing. The only other place I notice it is right under my chin there is a little bit of saggy skin, but I had that before I lost weight and so does every other woman in my family over age 30 so I think I would have been stuck with that no matter what. I am bothered more by my non-existent bottom than I am by the loose skin that I have. It doesn't seem to matter how many squats I do...I just have a flat butt and that's that. If I could have my saddlebag jiggle removed and injected into my booty I might just consider it. Oh, well, just goes to show that no matter what our weight we will always find something about our bodies to criticize.

HI to everybody else!! Hope you are all having a great day. I have to run and get some things done around here but I will try to do a better job of catching up on everything soon. It's so good to be back! This is such an awesome group.

NSV for the day was dragging my lazy self out of bed at 4:45 (yes, 4:45) this morning to do an aerobics video before getting ready for work, and then I went in to work early and stayed late to walk, too.
KayElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #51  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

oww! that hurts! but i did better today, at least so far. i may have a salad later. no samples today just coffee.
lol laura.. i don't think you would have to move to have a complete life, although i have heard of folks that moved to the east coast from ca having in-n-out burgers shipped to them on dry ice or something, out of desperation. that's a little extreme, but only because it's not like they would be good if they weren't fresh. especially the fries, which are killer. but i have to resist, or else theresa will whack me with the rolling pin
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #52  

Unhappy

Confession time! I blew it last night--BIG TIME!! DH took me out on a date nite, surprised me with a piece of carrot cake (one of my faves) I was only going to take a taste but the next thing I knew it was gone. The downward spiral started there. I went on a sugar binge. Now I am so mad at myself. I just can't figure out why it happened. DH thinks maybe my diet was too low in carbs and that's what triggered the binge. Poor thing was upset because he didn't mean to ruin my diet. (he actually thought carrot cake would be a healthy treat!!!!) Got to love the big dope!!! Maybe I do need to incorporate more carbs, I just don't know anymore. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway I am trying to get some control back and restart being OP today. Back to bed for me now as I have to work tonight (yes I am STILL stuck on nightshift, 2 nurses quit so I have to wait yet again while they try to hire some help).

Have a better day than me!!

Suzette
MistyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #53  

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start again. I hate it too when those things happen.

Katy came over yesterday about 6p or so and was here until after 10p. We talked the whole time. Man she was more messed up than I had imagined. I am really hoping she meant what she said yesterday and isnt' feeding me more poodoo-it is so hard to tell when they are addicts. Meth no less. She hasn't had any drugs because she was in jail and she swears she isn't going to touch the stuff again. I just don't know how you can without going to some kind of rehab. Meth is nasty stuff. I guess time will tell and I will have to see what happens. She is very confused. On one hand she says no more david and then it is like well if he changes and shows me...the guy hit her! That is a deal breaker if I ever heard one. I told her to keep him away from me cause no one touches my kids-EVER. He is still in jail with 10,000 bail and he is looking at least 2 yrs prison too. Kate still could wind up doing time and I will know on the 28th after her trial. I may go with her possibly if she needs the support. It is just that she has messed me over so many times I am nervous about letting her get too close. Weird I know. Logan has his checkup at drs. here shortly so I better get a move on. I never even got dinner dishes done last night since I had company.
Melissa
Old 01-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #54  

I'm having a don't-wanna-eat-nuthing day. I don't even feel hungry. WI was the same AGAIN, which is better than a gain so it's okay. Yes, it really is okay. I'll tell myself that a million more times and maybe I'll believe it.

I forgot this...yesterday's things I did:

1. 4 miles on gazelle
2. some water

That's it. And today...nothing so far, so I better get busy on that!

Suzette, it could be that sugar is a trigger food for you, as it is for me. One bite and it sends you off wanting more and more. I know that I cannot have the "jsut one bite" mentality because for me it sets me off with wild cravings. The only way is to have none at all...sugar detox as I like to call it Or, it could be you were just out with hubby and having a good time and you let your guard down a bit too much. If it was that you needed more carbs, I think you'd be craving it all the time, not just when it is set before you, right? My guess is it had more to do with the sugar.

Theresa
Old 01-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #55  
mmmm.. ice cream

i'll be praying for kate melissa.. it is hard to quit meth but it is possible. my best friend was very addicted to the stuff but she quit and has been clean for over two years. she didn't go to rehab, just na meetings, so it was hard -- but its hard no matter what i think. hopefully they will put david away for a long time because if they don't split up and one continues to do meth, then the other will too (like with any kind of addiction). but once she is sober for awhile i imagine she will begin to see that they don't have much in common.
and of course, guys that hit girls don't change. i don't care how messed up on drugs he was it's no excuse. hopefully she is ready for a new life.
for you melissa -- hang in there superwoman!
Old 01-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #56  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Melissa- i really hope kate can get into a program of some kind either NA or rehab or some type of support group. If she really wants to and will get support she can beat this- maybe with a support group she can see that David is a loser and she doesn't need him at all. I will keep ya'll in prayers!

ok - theresa went from to (sandi runs away from theresa as she confesses to eating really bad today.)

It was all stress induced -100% stress - today was so horrible at work- i ate whatever was around and prolly devoured 4000 calories today. oh well Brushing myself off and picking myself up from the fall off the wagon. but then i feel as i am just making a sorry excuse by saying today was so miserable and i ate because i was stressed.

Suzette- I have trigger foods and can't eat 1 tiny piece of cake/french bread or any pretzels/chips/crackers etc.. i just crave them on a constant basis and will eat more and more and more. I really blew it today -not quite a binge but very, very close. I just keep eating and as the day progressed and the stress got worse I ate even more. tomorrow is a day of fruit and water and raw veggies. they say you can't "detox " your body but i think you can to a point.- I find eating very high fiber grain type foods doesn't set off a trigger for me. and there aren't any cravings after eating whole grains /high fiber grains.

MMMM in- n -out burgers - I have had on a trip to calif. YUMMM

My thought for the weekend: STRESSED is DESSERTS spelled backwards.

NSV for today is i actually ADMITTED to overeating and should have no lame excuses for it- just because today was stressful and miserable doesn't give me a reason or excuse to eat poorly. there, i feel better now!

have a good night all
Sandi
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #57  
mmmm.. ice cream

i really need to start hitting the gym more. i haven't been in a week, and i probably won't have time today. it's been pretty hectic, but i really need to get motivated and start finding the time because i've pretty much hit a plateau. anybody have tips for making time for workouts? y'all seem even busier than me so i wonder how you all do it.
sandi -- way to go on putting past bad eating behind you quickly.. i am hoping after awhile of having good habits, we can all gravitate towards healthy ways of dealing with stress. i know at this point i don't resist cravings as well when i'm stressed.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #58  

Wow where did everyone go?? I have been busy with Katy since she is going into rehab here shortly. I just can't get over how fragile she seems. It just breaks my heart to see her this way but at least for the time being she is going in the right direction. Her LB had a bond company call her last night at 10p wanting her to bail him out. It really got her upset. On the one hand she knows he is bad bad news but she seems to conflicted-it all comes from being in an abusive relationship. They can be hard at first when you leave-she knows she needs to.

On the good note, I start meetings on Friday! Mom and her friend SueAnn are going to take turns watching the kids while I go and I am very excited to get going. Eating hasn't been stellar but not too hidious either but I am really wanting to be totally OP again and get that energy back!

Hope you guys are all doing ok!
Melissa
Old 01-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #59  

Melissa, I am so estatic for you! Things seem to finally be going in the right direction...see, all your work is paying off finally. I am so very glad to hear Kate is going into rehab, that is the best place for her. LB won't be able to reach her there, right? Well, it's not like she has the $$ to bail him out anyway, and there is no way you're going to do it so guess he gets to sit there, as he should. I know rehab must be heartbreaking for you to watch, but it is much better than her being out there on the streets with who knows what happening to her, right? Rehab is a much better place. Oh and WW meetings...YAY! You deserve it all to go right and I am happy for ya.

Where have I been...playing with garden plans and having a ball. We have been in this house 2 years, and each of those years I spent about $200 on flowers for the front yard that didn't work out. First year I was a gardening idiot and just planted whatever I liked, and well since it's all shade and I planted full sun plants nothing came up. Last year I researched more, assumed it was partial shade, and planted accordingly with a bunch of horse manure from MILs horses. Well, it all came up but stayed real small, like it just stunted out. I did even more research in the past week and found out it's because it is mostly shade to full shade and plants are competeing with the huge trees (3 maples and 1 pecan) for nutrients and water.

Last year I did get a hydrangea to grow and even bloom, it was a tiny baby and grew over a foot and bloomed, even after being trampled by a dog and put into a pot. So, I have been tearing through internet and a huge stack of catalogs and researching one plant after another, measuring my beds and distance up to the windows, etc. I finally have a plan for what I want to get for the two front beds and have decided to buy a wildflower mix for shade to toss under the trees, which is impossible to deal with because of roots. I have learned that last year when we tilled all our new topsoil and manure into the ground we did wrong...this year I will redo all that and leave it on top and just plant in that. Supposedly, this will help the plants establish and by the time the trees do eat through it all, they should be stable enough to survive.Since I'm going to line the house with hydrangea, I will use compost instead of manure.

**sigh** sorry if that was boring, but I am learning so much and that is where I have been! It has been keeping me out of the kitchen and very distracted, so it does have a weight loss purpose.

If anyone knows about this gardening stuff please HELP me, we can even move it to email to not bore [email protected]. Hubby has laid down the law and if I don't get this to work this year I have to give up on the front yard. Everything grows beautifully in the back yard, just gorgeous, and it's in full sun, so I know it's not just me

Theresa
Old 01-08-2006, 02:02 PM   #60  

Melissa, just wondered about something....has Kay been staying with you, and how did all the kids react to her? This has to be so confusing for them.