Old 01-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 319/307/145

Height: 5'8"

Awe thanks ladies.
You sure know how to make a girl feel special!
I guess I will have to wait and see.
I really don't know if I'm doing enough exercise a day, though.
What do you think?

I hop on my treadmill for 30 mins at a speed of 2.6
Do you think that's enough?? The treadmill says I
have lost about 200 calories. I have nooooooooo clue!
Softykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #47  

Well Kristy... if you have been burning 200 calories a day for 4 days you will have only burned 800 EXTRA calories... You need to burn 3500 to lose 1 pound of body fat. That may be why you haven't lost yet...

I am going to piggy back this message...lol WileyB, I need your email addy to add you to the group (in my groups thing I am doing).

Let's see, I have Me, Kristy, Gloria, Elle, WileyB, Ellie, dgpebbles, Marion, Catherine, yankee2cowgirl, ouellette998... I apologize, I am going off the top of my head... who else??? PLEASE, if I have not emailed you SOMETHING by now EMAIL ME... I need to add you to my list.

I am trying to put together a calendar for all of us to view in Yahoo.... I will let you know my progress...
Deanna7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #48  

Well I was doing 5 days per week.
So that is 1000 calories. I guess that's not enough.
I don't really know how I could do more?
I have to burn 3500 in one week? OMG!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #49  

Hi!

I keep getting "server is busy errors" when I try to get on 3fatchicks. Is anyone else having this problem.

How is the bike riding going? I have been thinking about purchasing some exercise equipment but hesistate to do so and then not use it. I like elliptical machines alot but they are all very expensive it seems.

Kristy, Don't get frustrated! Remember, a half hour of exercise is a great start. Maybe add a couple of minutes a week and remind me to do the same . Also...

When they say you need to burn 3,500 calories that doesn't all need to be through exercise. Remember, that your body naturally burns calories just living. Everybody is different. I will try to find a calculator that approximates this but it is something like 1600 calories per day for the average woman. So, just being you you burn 1600 calories plus the 200 from exercise equaling 1800 per day. If you eat 1500 calories each day you have a deficit of 300 calories per day. That's not exact but gives you an idea.

Cat
ICANCHANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #50  

[QUOTE=
When they say you need to burn 3,500 calories that doesn't all need to be through exercise. Remember, that your body naturally burns calories just living. Everybody is different. I will try to find a calculator that approximates this but it is something like 1600 calories per day for the average woman. So, just being you you burn 1600 calories plus the 200 from exercise equaling 1800 per day. If you eat 1500 calories each day you have a deficit of 300 calories per day. That's not exact but gives you an idea.

Cat[/QUOTE]
You are right Cat... and I didn't realize that I said nothing about your diet Kristy. Just by cutting out a few more calories, you can add to that deficit. I always use the example of a 200 calorie soft drink... if they cut out 2 a day that it 2800 calories... that seems easier for them to relate. By adding a little more and tweaking your diet, they will be coming off in no time. I think more than anything that it has to do with you being sick for so long... Like Cat said... that 1/2 hour is a great start for anyone...

Keep on keeping on....
Old 01-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #51  

why can't I ever get that quote thing right??? lol
Old 01-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #52  

Good info, gals!

Well, I calculated my calories today and I don't know if
it's a good amount or not. 1435 cals.... what do ya think?
Should I lessen it?

Old 01-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #53  

I was told by a fellow health teacher... he is like a plethora of information that I could stay at 1800 calories and learn my portion control...like should I eat 3 bites for 100 calories or should I eat 20 bites for 100 calories... You learn what works for you. I am terrible at counting calories... I know fitday would do it, but I can't seem to get everything in the coputer in a day....

I am sitting here with a pounding headache. I have had a pretty rough day today (a lot of stress) and I just took a vicodin to see if I can relax enough for the headache to go away. Getting back on the treadmill tonight didn't help matters... I had a bag of popcorn after dinner (3 hours after) and I thought I had better do something before bed...

Hope everyone is doing well... other than the stress, I think things are going well... It's THAT time and I know that I am holding some water, but with the increased water consumption, things feel pretty good!!

Glo, are you weighing in tomorrow???? Oh, Glo... where are you???
Old 01-06-2006, 12:16 AM   #54  

I am terrible at counting anything either. It just drives me crazy. With two little ones I am lucky to sit down and eat half the time.

Like many of you I have not been following a specific "diet" either but have just been trying to cut back and eat less sugar and was doing okay with that. However, over the holidays I gained half of what I had lost back so I am going to try Nutrisystem for a month just to get a bit of a jumpstart and then ween my way off. It is all just prepackaged food so I don't have any decision making to do. I will let you know how it goes.

Cat
ICANCHANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:46 AM   #55  

I HATE counting calories. It drives me nutty!
Well... Maybe I will shoot for 1500 cals?

Good luck with Nutrisystem, Cat.
My parents did that one many years ago and
had great success with it!

I hope you are feeling better when you read this, Dee!
I suffer from Migraines - my eyes are very sensitive to light.
It can be a real pain in the tush!
Old 01-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #56  
WileyB

OK - I flat out refuse to count calories. I have enough things to worry over than to spend my time trying to do that too. I figure that if you truly eat sensibly, put that plate up so that you don't get second helpings, and eat til you feel satisfied, not FULL, that anyone can lose weight, and will stay within their own calorie range. I'm great at saying this, but not so good at doing it myself. I don't even know exactly how many calories I should be consuming every day, but since I'm not using that to lose weight by, I won't worry about it. Those of you who are counting, good for you!! Maybe it will work great for ya'll, I hope it does - then I will try it too, well, maybe. I hate counting them as well, Kristy.

Deanna, sorry to hear about your headache, hope it went away, and never comes back! I have only had a few migranes, but that was enough to last me a lifetime.

Cat-good luck starting out with the NutriSys. thing, maybe it will be just what you need to get you back on track. I like the idea that the meals are already packaged for you.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY
WileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #57  

Thumbs up

Hi all!
Just got my computer back from the shop...Man, I was sooo bored! But, I did not eat from boredom. YEAH!
I fell really bad not sending Deanna everyone's e-mail..Deanna...... I WILL send them asap!
I hope everyone is doing well with their water challenge. I have to say, I haven't peed this much since I was pregnant 15 years ago! The first day, I was like " OMG, I am never going to be able to drink more water." Then, the next day...BAM!...I was peeing all day long. (I even had to wear a panty liner just in case I couldn't make it while I was in town. LOL!!) Yep, I swear I could have lived in their for the day. LOL! I have been drinking 2 1/2 liters a day since the second day of the challenge. I have noticed a difference already with my skin and fingernails. They look very nice and hydrated.

Okay, did everyone who was suppose to weigh in, weigh themselves today? I did with my brand new scale!! It's one of those scales where they're acurate. I got on this morning and lost 3 pounds even! I was so proud of myself because I have been working very hard with exercising...I didn't get to exercise for 2 days due to falling on my right knee. I decided not to exercise for 2 days to help my knee get better. So, how did everyone else do??? I know you all did well! I have confidence in you.

I wanted to let you know that if you left your e-mail address on this message board, you should take it off. it is for you protection due to someone wanting to spam you. So go back and make sure you didn't leave it and if you need someone's e-mail, PM them.

Okay...now I want everyone to have a progressive weekend...exercise, drink water and move, move, MOVE!!!!

Love ya' all!

emerald dragonfly

P.S. If I am not on during next week, It's because I am helping someone move. It'll take about 2-3 days...so I'll be off & on.

P.S.S. There's a weigh in forum that I go to every Friday somewhere on this board. You gals can go there and add your weight lose there also. Amazing to see results of everyone!!
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #58  

Ok....I am COMPLETELY confused!!!!!!!!! LOL, I wondered where in the heck everyone had disappeared to....So I was checking my email just now and decided to read that email again about picking a person out of the jar....so I thought I would get more info at the post on the Misc. forum.....and LOW AND BEHOLD!!!! I found you all! I was starting to get a little weight loss lonely!

Ok, now I need to catch up on like 100 posts so that I can get back into the loop here! Oye. Well, glad I found you all anyhow....COUNT ME IN!

Later Ladies
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #59  

Wow, you guys are doing so great! Makes a Momma proud!!!! Keep up the great work....20 pounds a month?! NO PROB! I bet we will exceed that by flying colors!!! Oh, I'm so excited now that I found you all!

Toodles
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #60  

Morgan! I didn't even notice you weren't here because
I have been switching back and forth with this thread
and the one we started in the buddy area.
I'm so sorry! If I had noticed, I would have told you to
come on over! Sorry hun!!