Old 12-30-2005, 01:16 PM   #16  

Default Welcome aboard Jailene!

It's always nice to have another smiling face! I am also new and found this site to be very friendly and full of support! I also have three girls myself, four girls actually including my fiances daughter. So I now how hard it can be to find time to take care of yourself. Well welcome aboard and good luck

Nicole
bigshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:32 PM   #17  

Well ladies I just weighed in and lost 4 lbs. I do hope my scale is right. It does seem alittle too good to be true in 5 days. But what the heck I'll take it and not complain. Cheers to me! Good luck to everyone else!

Nicole
Old 12-30-2005, 05:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Wahoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshaker
Well ladies I just weighed in and lost 4 lbs. I do hope my scale is right. It does seem alittle too good to be true in 5 days. But what the heck I'll take it and not complain. Cheers to me! Good luck to everyone else!

Nicole

Great job Nicole. I've always found that the weight seems to come off fast at the beginning and slows down later. Still 4 pounds is great! Keep it up!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 05:28 PM   #19  

Default Welcome Jailene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailene
hey, i saw your posts on being new and just starting up. can i join you?

36 female, dp, with 5 children at home between us. my life is full, and i am neglecting myself and my own health issues. need to make some changes, and need the support of others like me to force myself to take the time necessary to care for myself.

help me before i drown in a sea of after school activities, ball practices, laundry! lol

The more the merrier I always say. It's great to have so many people we can turn to for support. Look forward to getting to know you.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:39 PM   #20  

Default Thanks Christian,

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho
Hi Donna, just checking in. I've read so many books, I don't know which one to recommend to you. I remember really liking a book called "Thin tastes better" and also one called "Thin for life." I'll check up on the ones I've read in my library account so I can recommend a few more, I can't remember all of the titles! Oh, "The thin commandments" was a good one too. They are all full of good diet/exercise tips. One of those books has a great 'jump start' program, but I can't remember which. I've taken something from every book I've read, so read as many as you can. I read 1 or 2 a week. I'm reading one called Weight Loss that Lasts now and I just finished one called "Picture Perfect Weight Loss." I've got to go exercise now, but I'll email you tomorrow, because I can't think of anything else you asked, and I'll need to reread your emails. Happy thoughts

You know my library probably has totally different books. I'll have to check it out. I can probably access the library through work as well. Maybe I shoudl try finishing my Dr. Phil 7 Keys or whatever it is. I'm terrible with nonfiction books. I read tons of others though.
I'm not feeling great today, so I hope I feel well enough tomorrow to venture out of the house.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #21  
Paula

Hello everyone!!! Okay Today I can barely move!!! I went out grocery shopping like I wanted to. Of course I forgot my list so it didn't go as good as I wanted. But we went to Sams Club and I found the Billy Blanks Boot Camp box set including the Billy Bands for 34.95 So I said to my self can't hurt lets try it. I went over to K-mart and got two new pairs of shoes. One only for exercise and one for outdoor walks. Came home changed in to sweats, put my new shoes on, & poped that DVD in. I was ready to die. Billy is CRAZY!!! I was about 20 minutes into it when my life was saved by the phone. Now I couldn't just let it ring sooooo I had to take a break and talk to my friend. Now I won't lie I would of talk to any phone soliciter that happend to call me. Man is that hard!!! Now I can barely move. You know you are in trouble when a woman on the tape that weighs like 90# soaking wet is not doing it the way she was in the begining. So my plan is to restart on Monday like he suggest mon work out tue rest etc.... I will be doing little workouts this weekend to hopefully get my legs in workout shape. I will weigh in on Friday tooo. I think I have lost 1.6 pounds but I will wait till next Friday to weigh in. Billy promises you will see result in 7 days so lets see.
Fatwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:29 AM   #22  

Default Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwhisperer
Hello everyone!!! Okay Today I can barely move!!! I went out grocery shopping like I wanted to. Of course I forgot my list so it didn't go as good as I wanted. But we went to Sams Club and I found the Billy Blanks Boot Camp box set including the Billy Bands for 34.95 So I said to my self can't hurt lets try it. I went over to K-mart and got two new pairs of shoes. One only for exercise and one for outdoor walks. Came home changed in to sweats, put my new shoes on, & poped that DVD in. I was ready to die. Billy is CRAZY!!! I was about 20 minutes into it when my life was saved by the phone. Now I couldn't just let it ring sooooo I had to take a break and talk to my friend. Now I won't lie I would of talk to any phone soliciter that happend to call me. Man is that hard!!! Now I can barely move. You know you are in trouble when a woman on the tape that weighs like 90# soaking wet is not doing it the way she was in the begining. So my plan is to restart on Monday like he suggest mon work out tue rest etc.... I will be doing little workouts this weekend to hopefully get my legs in workout shape. I will weigh in on Friday tooo. I think I have lost 1.6 pounds but I will wait till next Friday to weigh in. Billy promises you will see result in 7 days so lets see.
I need some workout like this. It sounds like it's tough and that's the thing to do as far as I'm concerned. Just take it nice and slow and stop when you have to. It is okay to stop and take a break between sets, that's what I do and have been told it also helps build muscle to do small reps.

I'm feeling okay today, still stuffed up but the achiness is gone. I did my 30 minutes of pilates this morning so
that was nice. Wh+
oops sorry, little one keeps grabbing the keyboard. Later
Old 12-31-2005, 04:57 PM   #23  
Paula

I still can't move as fast down stairs like I did two days ago... But I will be working out again tomorrow so we shall see. Oh and the price was only $28.42 I was looking at the wrong thing. So I am very proud of myself I love Diet Coke and I haven't had any for about a week. I have had the biggest headaches But I have taken some tylenol and I am doing okay. I was really craving diet coke and chocolate and a cheeseburger or anything bad for me today. I had a grapefruit and some water for breakfast and for lunch I had chicken and I did eat about 4 of my husbands fries.(cooked in the oven) So I guess I am doing okay.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:09 PM   #24  

Hey ladies!
I too plan on doing weekly weigh-ins on fridays
but since I just started, I didn't weight myself today, and I will do my first weigh in next friday instead... that way I don't discourage myself!

so this is my second day... so far things are going well...
I'm actually looking forward to my first weigh-in... lol

well, I haven't started exercising yet... but I plan to start soon! I guess my local curves decided to close for the new year...

but my diet has been going along really well
MySweetestSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #25  

Default 2 down!

I went to the gym yesterday, and rode the bike for 20 minutes, took a sauna, and swam a little.
Scheduled a training on the weights for today, and went to that. I didnt really get a work out because we didnt do a lot, except set the machines. But when i weighed i was down 2 lbs! lol. i know its water, probably from the shower, but who cares, its 2 lbs! going back tomorrow to actually use the weights! and yoga starts up again after the holiday break!

hitting the grocery store today, to get all the whole wheat stuff and some green vegies, we have eaten them all here.
Jailene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:32 PM   #26  

I"m doing okay. I'm still battling this cold and feeling weak. Although yesterday I over did it. I went for a walk to mybrother. It's about 30mins into town, I pulled both boys in the sled, around 70 plus had my backpack on. I walked there and back with a visit inbetween. So I was wiped yesterday but still stayed up until midnight and read and watched a movie. Boys and hubby were in bed.
Eating has been a disaster for me. Snacking has been okay but portion. I had a huge steak yesterday, some veggies and kraft dinner for dinner.
This morning I had a bowl of cereal with 1% milk, 1 serving.
For lunch I made whole wheat pancakes but added choco chips. With scrabbled eggs and veggies mixed in. I lucked out though while cooking because all the chips dropped to the bottom and the first 1/2 of the batch had no chips in them, so I missed out on that just barely.
I'm trying to be upbeat about my eating and make a plan, I'll need more practice I think.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:52 PM   #27  
Paula

Yahooooooooooo!!! Okay everyone, I went to my mothers today to have New Years dinner. She had cornish hens, Potatoes, gravy, corn, greenbeans, Squash, olives, pickles, onions, deviled eggs, etc... I had about 1/2 of a cornish hen one spoon (big spoon) of potatoes a little gravy didn't even fill in the hole on the potatoes. And one slice of french bread with a little butter. THEN about 1hr later she brings out a apple pie, Blueberry pie, Cheesecake, Ice cream and says okay does anyone want dessert???? I am sooo pround of myself I said no thank you I am fine. Of course the hubby had a big piece of pie with ice cream and said do you want a bite. I said you are on the diet tooo you know. So I am very happy. I did have about two pieces of Chocolate when I got there but we don't have any chocolate in the house so I said two pieces can't hurt. Well actually 1 1/2 my daughter wanted some. So....
Now I have to do Billy blanks boot camp tomorrow so I am talking to my muscles today to warn them of the coming pain and torture for tomorrow. Wish me luck!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #28  

Default Happy New Year

Hello to all. I have been out of town for a wedding and things have finally started to settle at my house. I was very naughty on New Years!! It was so hard at the reception all the food served was not very healthy. I had couldnt resist the yummy strawberry daiquirys (sp?). I do not drink very often and figured it was New Years. I'm terrible, I started out good and let my power sink!
Well its a new year and I am going to take control! I use to do Taebo with my cousin. I loved it! It is a tough workout and you'll feel it for days after. Dont worry the more you do it the easier it will get on your poor body!
Well I'll chat more later hope everyone had a great New Year!
Old 01-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #29  

Just wondering how everyone is doing. Maybe check in or let us know if you will only be checking in once a week. We can switch to emails or msn messanger. Let me know.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshaker
Hello to all. I have been out of town for a wedding and things have finally started to settle at my house. I was very naughty on New Years!! It was so hard at the reception all the food served was not very healthy. I had couldnt resist the yummy strawberry daiquirys (sp?). I do not drink very often and figured it was New Years. I'm terrible, I started out good and let my power sink!
Well its a new year and I am going to take control! I use to do Taebo with my cousin. I loved it! It is a tough workout and you'll feel it for days after. Dont worry the more you do it the easier it will get on your poor body!
Well I'll chat more later hope everyone had a great New Year!
don't worry that you cheated. It WAS new years afterall! Just as long as you get back on track after a day of cheating... you will be fine

I was actually told to allow myself one cheat day a week... that way you aren't totally depriving yourself of your favorite foods, and it's supposed to help you in the long run! So I've declared fridays as not only weigh day, but cheat day... I won't go overboard with the cheating, but I miss pizza a lot! lol

Oh and an update, I weighed myself today, because I was curious to see if I lost any weight yet, and I lost 10lbs since Thursday... that's 5 days... wow!!! I guess cutting down on carbs really helped me, I haven't even started exercising yet... but I can already see a small change in the way I look
MySweetestSong is offline   Reply With Quote