Old 12-31-2005, 01:54 AM   #16  
Empress/Queen

Yo, here be my report ... I'm NOT reportin' this disasterous sugar-ridden day. But what I learned is that the before-New Year's mess in my life had to be soothed with one last dance with the Demon Refined Sugar, followed by too many cals and that I am rededicatin' meself to this quest, but will start the countdown on New Year's, like everyone else!

Hi, Aria!!! A good startin' place, that second helpin' thingie!!! Must consider that meself!!!

Arabella, I'm w'ye on the crush and stress. T'will abate soon, methinks. We soldier on, I guess.

Wildfire, I be envious re the Niagra Falls journey. Enjoy ... don't know anything about convection ovens ... had a tiny portable one once ... worked pretty well and would love to have a big one!

I am going to bed so this day will be history!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:54 AM   #17  
Empress/Queen

KAYLETS, WHERE BE THOU?

sIGH.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:36 AM   #18  

Hello all!

Sorry to be so long but I have been fighting many dragons, demons and other dangers.....

Some battles were lost and although bowed and bloodied, I rested and remain convinced that the battle is NOT over, I CAN win and even better, on MY terms....

And yes, its true..... sugar led the opposing fight and did win .......
And sometimes, very, very handily..... in fact, more than once, I simply surrenedered.....

BUT this morning, I awoke remembering something the security guard said to me yesterday am as I giving him greetings of the morning....

The security guard said to me...... " You wake up in a good mood don't you?"

And I smiled and told him the truth..."No".....
But then I explained .... that I had realized after miserable mornings, Sunday afternoons spent dreading Monday, borrowing worry when I didn't need any.....that even when I don't feel cheerful, the best thing to do is to put on my "game" face and that small step itself is the step I need to slide into a better frame of mind.....

So today..... I am

BACK .....

Yes, the scale is up nearly 8 lbs and a few items of clothing do not fit nicely at all anymore.....

BUT I am moving forward.....

FRESH START .....

FRESH START CARDS for all!!!!

And don't forget what the other side of the FRESH START Card says!!!

NO GUILT....

Just move on.....

I will drink water, decaf tea and coffee and at the same time, keep setting the alarm clock for 15 minutes at a time to get things done....

Did I see that Wildfire is going on a trip? Have fun!

So, let me see what else I've been missing.....

Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 06:18 PM   #19  
Empress/Queen

IT BE GOOD TO SEE THEE HERE AT THE PALACE TONIGHT, K! I know those fights w' the demon, led by Sugar, the most evil o' all.

Never fear, we will vanquish him. I did not even try today ... spent day setting up my side biz and know I have to work for paper tomorrow, albeit at home, so no real rest in sight, but TOMORROW is day one o' Sugar Busters, yet again. I decided to just let 'er rip again today and eat some candy. Am having a steak for dinner.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #20  

Hello all!

So far, I 've figured out my vacuum cleaner is not performing well....the bag inside wasnt attached .... had a lovely pile of compacted "yuk" inside the machine but outside the bag....luckily, it appears the inner workings are protected so all is well.....

Dh is working so I am trying to get things done so that when he returns he sees some improvements....
It just doesnt seem fair that I do nothing this weekend as he works most of it...
So I am trying to do things that will make a big impact....
Like rearranging a piece of furniture .... removing a pile of clutter that's "rooted" to a table, chair, etc...

Its amazing how much paper clutter there is.... seems like its just a flood of paper....

And beleive it or not, I'm thinking about starting a decoupage project w/ some glass ware I found sorting thru a box....

Hee hee....

So...

I'm also getting some activity in w/ my up and down, bend and stretch w/ the vacuum and shredder....

So, who's with me?
Who can keep me company for a few minutes to tidy a corner, wipe a mirror,
toss something that you really know you won't use (although by rights, there's no reason you shouldn't....for me, a never used box of "Shout" spot wipes....There's a really good guess that the wipes are so old they are all dried out..... much like the bag of rubber bands ( elastics) that are so old they shred when you pull on them.....

Where does this stuff come from?

Hmmmm.....

Just like my email... yesterday I deleted nearly 1600 emails... some read... many not... although I will still receive daily the recipes, etc... sometimes there are great things .... But why don't I delete the ones I know I will never use... for instance, any recipe w/ meat in it? or any other type of email that I know I'll never use..... Why do I not hit "delete" now... Why do I think I should wait till later?

Hmmmm.....

And as I look around my desk here... why do I have "friar tuck" salt & peppers, Hummingbird windchimes waiting to be detangled, etc, etc...

HMMMMMMM

Who's with me?
Old 01-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #21  

Height: 5'1"

Smile

Happy New Year 2006 everyone!!!

Kaylets ~ Great job on deleting the email!
aria2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #22  
Hot Stuff

Kaylets, I'm with you! The tree is down, the decorations boxed, DH (now out of bed and fed...I'm not stupid..feed him first, then put him to work) is putting all the Christmas storage boxes back into their storage space. I'm just about to vacuum and put the living room back to its normal order now that the tree is gone. Only a couple of loads of laundry to do, well one more once I change the bed...clean the bathrooms, a quick dusting and the house has its fresh start!

I had a close encounter with a multitude of elastics found in my desk while cleaning last week, too. Where DO they come from???

Happy New Year, all!!
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #23  
Empress/Queen

Happy New Year, s!!!

K, I am so with thee ... this week I am DELETING some o' the work I have to do for the paper (by doing it) today, DELETING all the Demon Refined Sugar and the extra pounds I put on in the past week o' feastin' when I meant to be watchin' cals ... I have already DELETED the setting up side biz work day by doing it a week ahead, since I could get into the space ... not gonna talk much 'bout that ... s'done anyhow ... I AM DELETING MYSELF AS A NON SUGAR BUSTERS PERSON ... back on the NO SUGAR COUNTDOWN! This is Day 1. I DELETED some dust and mess from the house and am ON THE MARCH TO GET RID O' THE 2.6 EXTRA POUNDS I PUT ON THIS WEEK. I will be challenging myself in addition to the no sugar to PRACTICE GWLBs all week ... Good Weight Loss Behaviours ... cal counting, Sugar Busters eating (modified) and adequate exercise.

I have taken steps to post in fewer places on the net, but don't wanna eliminate this.

I will declutter each day this year.

I will think about crocheting something and maybe blogging about crafts instead o' weight ... maybe.

I will continue to use Fitday PC to monitor my weight goals.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #24  
Empress/Queen

P.S. 1600 emails is a LOT! You must be popular, K!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:44 AM   #25  
Empress/Queen

Forgot to add that even though I gained 2.6 this week, I've lost 8 inches overall since July!
Old 01-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #26  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Wooo-hooo and Happy New Year to all! I'm liking the spirit in here. No time for any but a fly-by, but here goes: Had a very nice New Year's Eve -- worked all day, the latter part of it in sequined blouse and velvet pants, then had a good seafood-pasta dinner with friends before going out dancing until 2 in the A.M. I can still hardly believe it myself! Didn't get to sleep until about 5 and then woke up at 9, but feel more or less okay. Finishing up with huge piece of work today, gathering statistics, submitting report. I will be SO glad to have that out of my hair, oh yeah.

Not pigging out but not also being really careful, foodwise. Steeling self to get ready for a new campaign with the new year either tomorrow or Tuesday.

K -- I can see i've got no time for anyone but me-me-ME. Love ya, though!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #27  
Empress/Queen

I'm workin' today, also, Arabella! Happy New Year to us! Sheesh!
Old 01-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #28  
Empress/Queen

Yo, this is an FYI message to all s who were doing BFL for Women. I was looking through the exercise vid catalog and note that Dr. Peeke has a BFL for Women video out. According to the write-up, it has a 50 minute informational section and a workout section. Seems like this'd be good for those of us interested in BFL who are refocusing at this time. I know I want it ... 'cept I'm broke! Later, though!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:14 PM   #29  
Hot Stuff

VERY interesting, Amarantha! I must look into it. Thanks!
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:45 AM   #30  

Hello all!

Still trying to continue some forward motion.... trying to follow my own "draft" following the physics principle of a " body in motion stays in motion"....
I even caught myself offguard yesterday afternoon... I was on my way to bed for a nap and decided to " just wipe down the bathroom floor a little".....

What I always like about washing a floor is the instant graftification.... your results are right in front of you.... why oh why does it seem so complcated b/4 hand ?? And how interesting, all it took was for me to take a wet soap rag and start..... and b/4 you know it, I had more than 1/2 done....
Did I have the entire room emptied out? No, that's why I only did 1/2 .... now today, I hope to move things over to the clean side and finish....
Does this make things any less clean on the clean side? Not really.
Does this measure up to my usual way of washing a floor? Not really
But .... when I finish today will both sides now have been washed?

YES REALLY.....

hmmmmmmm

Empress... I too have been bitten by the " need to feel creative bug".....
In fact, am finding neat craft tools during my decluttering that are feeding my imagination.....
Especially finding new uses for items.... I found some older craft projects that used what looks like a small wooden fence.... Some still had some wood letters on them.... I just popped them off and made a few cute gifts for two bosses, dh, and a girlfriend.... This sounds a little cheesy but I 'm not 100% ready to share w/ the world what I did so if you are really dying to know, pm me.....

As for the knitting/crocheting/tatting work, I have tremendous admiration but a few folks have given up trying to teach me.... I do better w/ projects that move more quickly and need less hand/eye coordination to master and get speedy.

Wildfire.... Very clever to feed the help b/4 putting them to work...Not sure what DH thought when he came home yesterday..... It was obvious some things were in not in the same order as when he left but I'm not sure what he noticed....
Although I was happy that he had made tempeh and saurekraut during my nap.

As for the emails...no, not that popular....just on too many lists....
and don't forget the flylady says about 8 a day....

Aria... again, I really like your scene.... although I'm hoping not to see much ice this year!!

So, here go royals.... All we have to do is start....!

A FRESH START!