Old 12-31-2005, 02:05 PM   #46  

Deanna,

Heya girl. Yea you have to have a system to play ddr, so con your ss into leaving a playstation 2 or xbox for your use. Or you could go to well probably any arcade and pay to play it in front of people *im not a big fan of that method) lol
Thanks on the congrats. Too bad you don't have any ross stores in ohio. there REALLY cheap *I work there*
They are basically like burlington with name brands at discounts and they carry up to a size 28w sometimes 30 and 32. I went shoppin for some new clothes last payday. Walked away with a sweater, a jacket, 6 shirts, a skirt, a pair of shoes and 2 pants for 110 dollars. course i get a 20% discount too but still.
Where in Ohio are you? We just moved down here from Marysville, OH in july.
zellalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:56 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 319/307/145

Height: 5'8"

Way to go, Amanda!!!

I must be nuts or something cause I bought this
crazy pimped out dance pad. lol
It's got the 1'' dense foam in it - I got it from ebay
for Christmas.
http://www.mymybox.com/ddrmxdxv30.html

Well.... today is New Year's Eve, huh? My sweetie
is coming over tonight and we are going to watch
some movies and drink some beer. hehehe
I only do it once a year - why not!

Is anyone going to have a nice dinner on New Year's
day? We are going to have turkey again... and my
family is making cheesecake - good thing I don't like it. lol
Softykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:59 PM   #48  
I can do this, I have to!

S/C/G: 220/211/120

Any possibility I could be/have a buddy or 2 or 12, (the more the merrier I think)? I am really interested in the accountability of it, plus I love the idea of small mini challenges instead or "I have 100 lbs to lose". Lord, when I see it like that it makes me wanna just give up. So the idea of 10 lbs by ???, or work out 5 times this week, or walk this far in January is really appealing. Even if I am doing my own challenge and you are doing YOUR own, just having someone (in the same boat especially) keeping me on target would be great. Not really concerned with age or gender or method, just want somebody (ies???) Thanks guys.

Last edited by ooelsworth; 12-31-2005 at 03:02 PM. Reason: brain is faster than fingers
ooelsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:55 AM   #49  

The more the merrier!! Welcome... We are all here for the same reason, we found each other for a common goal... I think we are all basically doing weekly things, weighing in on a specific day, keeping track for our accountability, etc. I am sure we are all doing the April Fool's Challenge (not TOO familiar with the site, so you may have to explore)...

Oh Amanda... I limit my leaving the house, let alone to make a damn fool in public... always did the karaoke thing though (after about 4 beers, glad THAT stage of my life is over...lol) I went ice skating last night, that was an adventure... I didn't fall, so that's a SUCCESS!!! I found that DDR (or something like it) that is just a plug and play... not sure of it's worth though... and are you kidding Patrick give up a game system?? I'd get his right kidney 1st..lol Nah, he'd help me out, I am sure...

Kristy... we had a great time with the Couple's dinner tonight (we are the youngest couple) and it was SUPER CHEAP.... I had chicken breast, salad, chili, mashed potatoes... Jim had a 10 oz marinated sirloin strip with baked pot, glazed carrots, salad... including drinks our meal was $21.56!!! Can't beat it... After dinner, we went to the bowling lanes withthe youth group from church and it was fun... The adults booted the kids off of one lane and we had a blast... I came in 3rd.... BLAH...lol A lot of kids from school there, and they always get a kick out of "chillin' with teach" out of school...lol

Jim is putting on pork and saurkraut for tomorrow. Patrick has to go back home (sad about that)... but we will just be chillin here alone for the rest of the evening... Will be nice to have hubby for 2 days...

Okay all... Happy New Year... Hope you all had a great time!!!!
Deanna7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:59 AM   #50  

Oh, Amanda, I almost forgot... I am in Tiltonsville... it is a little town right on the river... I am about 15 miles South of Steubenville and 10 miles North of Wheeling WV (of course on the other side of the river....) Ever heard of it???

I know of the Honda Plant in Marysville... I was an Asst. Branch Manager for a vending company (AVI) that had the Honda Plant (an entire branch within the plant... as was Longenberger...)
Old 01-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 263/178/146

Height: 5' 4"

Hello Kristy/Softykins:
I am from Winnipeg too but moved to Pennsylvania in the 80s. I am much older than you (47). I am struggling to lose weight too and just take it a day at a time. BTW, I went to Ralph Brown, Weston, and Wolsely elementry schools, Isaac Brock and Cheif Peguis Junior Highs, and graduated from River East Collegiate. I am an RN with MBA and work in pharmaceuticals.
Need to lose 100 pounds.
JORDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:11 PM   #52  

Left PM's for ooelsworth & Jordee. Glad to have you both in our group!!

emerald dragonfly

*I did update my "slider" Kristy. Thanks for reminding me!*

Last edited by emerald dragonfly; 01-01-2006 at 03:25 PM.
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #53  

Good afternoon everyone and
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
What were you all doing when the clock struck 12, hmmm?
I reached over and gave my sweetie a BIG SMOOCH! Anyhoo....

Nice to meet you Jordee!! Wow! You got away from
the harsh winters - I really envy you! Please bring me into your
world! hehe Actually I really can't complain these days because
the weather here has been just beautiful! *Knock on wood*

Hiya Deanna! Sounds like you had a yummy dinner indeed!
I love to bowl! Isn't it fun!! Can't say I'm good at it but I try!
I get an A for effort.

Welcome ooelsworth! Can't wait to get to know ya!

Gloria, what's new? I'll have to get over to your group
one of these days, huh? I'm like a turtle in this place. hehe

zellalyn, you got a great deal on ebay! Way to go, girl!

As for me, I really have to get back on the horse with the
diet. I haven't been as strict lately And it really
ticks me off that I can't exercise yet. I hate this virus! Grr!
Tomorrow is a complete NEW DAY! Tonight we are having another
turkey dinner after which I will be blotted beyond repair.
Wish me luck for tomorrow morning everyone, I shall need it! lol
Old 01-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #54  

Good luck on that dinner... We had the traditional pork and saurkraut... Do you guys know the story behind that tradition? Hubby and I were discussing it and we are clueless..lol

We were bowling and I mooched the man... then I came in 3rd...lol I used to bowl on a league and I bowled a 201... ONCE...lol Last night, it was a 102...lol Beat hubby though...lol

Hope you get to get back to working out soon... Iknow it takes a bunch to get back into the groove.... We're here for ya!!!

I started a blog today... like an official Blogger blog... never did it before (other than just a journal, here and there)... hopefully I can get a little outside help also.... I pulled out my old WW stuff... I am still using the system that they used when they 1st devised the points system... has it changed THAT drastically???
Old 01-01-2006, 09:04 PM   #55  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hello,

I am always looking for Buddys. The more the better. I am 28 years old mother of 2. I am married to my high school sweetheart. I am a stay at home mom. I used to weigh 260 pounds. I gained a lot of weight with my frist child. Then keept some of the weight and had my 2nd. I lost 90 pounds in a year. But I have been at a stand still for awhile. But with the Holidays I will admit I have gained some pounds. Any way I hope to hear from you.
And remember we are all worth it. To look and feel the way we want to about ourself. You go Girl!
anske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #56  

anske- I sent you a "PM." Glad your here...I hope we motivate and inspire you!

Kristy- I was wondering where you were today???!!! Have you've been DDR'ing?? I have and let me tell you, When I get done, I have to jump into the shower! I have been working very hard trying to get some steps down...it's those really fast, twisting, turning ones! I practically fall sideways trying to stay up on my feet! I've even stepped on my own feet!
You're lucky to have nice weather..it's been thudering and lightening all day here.. My house shook several times. Very scary!!!

Deanna- Blogs are fun!!! There just like a journal. I hope you're doing well with the exercising.

Well, I have been feeling pretty good today. I actually got out of the house and went shopping! I was surprised when I couldn't find any clothes that would fit me. I wear a 15/16 jeans and all the clothes were either too big or too small...BUMMED OUT!! My daughter got some great deals though.

Everyone take care!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:50 AM   #57  

Oh... I did the shopping thing Friday and Saturday... I was SOOO bummed... I can't find anything that looks nice. I mean, I don't understand... I have seen ladies that are larger than I am, in the cutest clothes, and they always look great... I wish I had HALF the self esteem to wear today's styles. I am stuck between the 50 year old styles and the 17 year old styles... URGH I can't do it, so I stick to my warm ups that got me here in the first place.

I made a promise to myself. If I get down to my goal. Wait... WHEN I get down to my goal, I am buying all new work pants (I wear gym clothes to work everyday = elastic waistbands). My NEW pants are all going to have a waistband that buttons and zips.... That will make me more accountable!!!

I am weighin in tomorrow night and I will let you all know.... Wish mre luck.... Hey Emerald... I am going to PM you with some questions... and THANKS... how the heck did I get picked FIRST??? lol My dumb luck...

Talk soon!
Old 01-02-2006, 03:32 AM   #58  

I tend to like the clothes from sizeappeal.
I LOVEEEE THEM!!!!
I know of an ebay seller who sells strictly
those clothes for cheaper. She has two accounts.

http://stores.ebay.com/TheCurvyPlace

and

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtheperfectplace

No DDRing for me Deanna... still dizzy as heck! But I'm
sick of waiting - I'm hopping on the treadmill tomorrow.
It's been so long. I hope I don't pass out or something. Eek!
Old 01-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #59  

I almost fell off of mine the other day.... Good thing everyone was in the other room.... I am going t check out this woman's stores... I am an ebay freak...lol Thanks!!

Hey, I know as soon as I look it will show where we are moved, but... why wee we moved??? lol
Old 01-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #60  

Awwww.... right... we are an "official" group now...lol I feel better...lol I thought we got the boot...