Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 04:30 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies and HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!

We are not doing anything special tonight. Did go to the store and get some wine coolers and will have one or two tonight. Not much on drinking and have tried several different champagnes in the past but none I like so passed on that. We are going to watch movies also and the 40-year-old Virgin is one of them. I heard it was funny! We were out and about most of the day, just running around enjoying our time together.

SUSAN~WTG on passing up the goodies! AND... to your WI! Woohoo Like I said, you'll be back on track and where you want to be in no time at all. About the tracker...I go to ticker factory because they started showing the 1/2 pound but I feel a little guilty for going outside of 3fc. Maybe they will start it soon and then I will get one from here.

JANE~consider it done! And...DON'T worry about any money, it's not that much and it's no bother at all. AND...you don't have to wait until June, I will get one in the mail to you Monday if they are open. If they do like they did at Christmas the PO was closed the Monday after, and I am thinking they will do the same. So expect it next week some time. I almost forgot about your Disney trip. Now when you guys go, will you be doing Disney or just getting Miss Katie settled?

MARTI~if I remember correctly (probably not though) is the Sony buidling closer to where you live or was it just a bigger place and the parking was more convenient or something? I can't remember, it was so long ago that you mentioned it I think. Well, try not to overdo it and get stressed. I can only imagine the stress involved in moving ALL that stuff!

MEL~ditto what Jane said about your signature. I had to go back and make sure that was your name before I posted! Of course I have been known to call others by different names! Melissa, er Michelle. Glad Allen is feeling better. I remember when mine would get their shots, they would get a fever and feel bad for a couple of days. I just felt so bad for them, poor babies. I like your two hours alone time. I do that once in a while. I let DH have the remote and just go in the bedroom and catch up on reading. It's nice to have that quiet time.

And speaking of Melissa, er Michelle...did we lose you in Wal-Mart girly? Hope things are well with you.

JULES~I have to say, I did splurge on some chips for tonight, spicy nacho doritos. And...popcorn. It's this new popcorn with marshmallow topping I have been dying to try. For some reason though, I have a feeling it's not going to be as good as I think it will be. Come Monday morning I plan on getting back on track, so just trying not to overdo it.

SUE~hope you and DH have a GREAT New Years Eve dinner! $10.00 trees, eh? I think for $10.00 I probably would have had to have a new one! Geez, you can't beat that. I am a sucker for Christmas cards and if they are all sale then all the better! I really need to go to AA for address labels, and Christmas cards! Relly, no kidding! DH and the kids say I have enough to last for the next five years-but ya can't pass on a deal! Hurray on the plans for the new house!

CONNIE~glad to hear your mom is feeling better. I think that's great that all the ex's can be civil for the kids-isn't that really what it's all about? The kids?! I like to think so anyway. I've seen too many times where the mom or dad try to pit the kids against one another and that is just sad.

Anyway...Hi to everyone else!

I've got a couple of other things to get done on the 'puter and then go do some cleaning. Had to break down and buy a new vacuum yesterday. V was vacuuming the lint thing in the dryer and the old one blew up. There was a big POP and something shot out of it where the light was and there was smoke. Scared me...it shot a black thing up out of it and I am glad that his face wasn't close. Anyway, all this talk of putting up the Christmas stuff got me in the mood and that's what I did yesterday. Now the house looks so empty. Anyway...take care ladies and I hope everyone has a safe and HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 12-31-2005, 05:49 PM   #47  

Height: 5'1"

Hi girls!

I've only a minute before I'm off w/Jhanai to go town. Just wanted to stop in and wish you all a safe New Year if you're going out!!

It's movies and snacks for us!! (boy, won't my ticker go up after that!)

I will get back on track w/replying to individuals and getting on here more often.

Plus, I'll start the challenge thread tomorrow for anyone who is interested!

Hugs to all!
Old 12-31-2005, 05:56 PM   #48  
GmaTo8

Hi to everyone. I have some time to check in, so here I am.

Cristi - that's really sweet of you to mail me the candle, but it's too much money for all that!! Please let me reimburse you! About Disney, we'll be leaving next Sunday AM for Indy, to fly out of there. Katie hasn't ever been to Downtown Disney, and there's lots to do there, so that's what we're doing Sunday. Then on Monday AM, she has to check in between 9 and 10 AM. We'll go with her, and stay in a building they have for family. After she signs some forms, they'll assign her the apartment. We'll go with her then to help get her settled in. Then we'll leave, and she'll be attending meetings the rest of the day, and for several days afterward. We won't see her again until her birthday which is March 3rd. She should be able to get some discounts on rooms, meals, and park tickets at that time. We're probably taking her best friend with us that trip. Anyway, it will be very hard to leave her next Monday, but she's so happy and excited, maybe that will make it easier.

I'm not sure which movies we're going to get for tonight. Hope they have some good ones left when we get there! I have to tell you - I wish we had decided to go out after all. I feel like dancing! Guess we can, anyway, lol.

Have fun!
Old 12-31-2005, 05:58 PM   #49  
GmaTo8

Whoa! See you at weight loss and chit chat # 158....
Closed Thread