3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Anyone over 50 starting AGAIN?!?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #91

Default Monday weigh in

Hi Everyone! Welcome Bayougal,Laffnvegas, Active, Cowgirl and Patti. WhoooHooo to Elyn and Jill on your weight loss. Way to go girls

My offical weigh-in day with Weight Watchers is Wednesday, but this morning I weighed myself and was Thrilled to have 6 pounds gone. Hope to have another 2 pounds gone by Wednesday.

I haven't post in a couple of days, nor did I exercise yesterday or today. Had an accident yesterday and I feel like an idiot for falling out of our Suburban Landed on the side of my head. I was seeing and still have a slight sore neck, shoulder and hip. At least I didn't need stitches in my elbow or have a concussion, just bruised my pride along with my black and blue hip/butt. I guess I should be glad I have all this padding.

Back on track with exercising with Richard in the morning if I feel like it or not.

Till later~
Cheryl
Old 01-09-2006, 01:35 PM   #92
Cruise Queen

S/C/G: 167/163/145

Good Morning Everyone, Well, if you don't mind I prefer weighing on Thursday. So That is when I will annouce my weigh in. This is kind of two fold, 1 because that was always the day I did and 2 because it allows me to cheat just a bit over the weekend and get it off by Thursday Although I did get on the scale today and it was not bad but not my offical so I did not change my little scale below. I am down 1 pound since I weighed on Thursday. I am hoping for at least 2 to 3 more by Thursday morning

Good Job Everyone, I am sure we will all do great this week.

Lisa
Old 01-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #93
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Default Whew!! 182 Looks pretty good!

Thought I was in for a RUDE SURPRISE today!!

First, I went to the dr. for my usual blood work and check up...and when I was weighed, I was a few pounds over what I reported today

I went to Target to treat myself to a new scale. (My old one was decades old!) So I bought one of those nifty, digital WeightWatchers scales.

I was so worried that the weight at the dr. office was correct....that I zooooomed home, striped off every piece of clothing & shoes....and..... AAAAAAHHHHHHH! My new scale read the same as my old one. Guess clothes weigh more than we think!! Still hangin' in there at 182
Old 01-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #94

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, Today is my weight in day and I sadly report no loss! I have been pretty good with the eating and even with the exercise so I was, to say the least, disapointed! But, I know we all hit those curves in the road and you just have to wait them out! So a road block is not a stumbling block! I will continue to eat right and exercise. I know I will begin losing again!

Great to see all the new people and hear the success stories!
Old 01-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me
.....Today is my weight in day and I sadly report no loss!.....
Don't worry, Slim Me! I'll bet next week will be REALLY good for you! You're doing all the right stuff ~~ You GO Girl!
Old 01-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #96

I may be the last one to report in today but I weighed much earlier this morning ... losing 3 pounds ... which is SO great. I had some glitches in following the plan I chose (South Beach) but I think we all have to realize that it is OK, not get carried away with the fact that we "cheated" and just get back on it. Like "slim me" I know there are all kinds of things going on in this body of mine and weight loss can't be predicted ... so, like "flsunbakd" we just commit ourselves to doing the right stuff for the duration ... and we will see results. We just have to move beyond our disappointment and disillusionment ... and not let it control us and make us lose sight of our objectives.

This is grand! Thanks, my friends!

P.S. Anyone help me figure out how to edit my signature to show the weight loss???? I'm so not technical!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #97

Hi all,

Well, I was going to go through the list and congratulate you all individually, but instead, if my math is correct, for those of us who posted our losses (6 of us) the total combined loss was 27 pounds!!! Not bad, 50s chicks!!

Welcome, Slim Me. You have a great attitude -- we all plateau. I lost this week because I just started the Sonoma plan, so a week without Big Macs is certain to make a difference! And look at it this way: staying the same is better than gaining, right?

Congrats again to all of us!

Laurie
Old 01-09-2006, 08:53 PM   #98

I'm trying to replace my tracker to show the 3 pound loss ... I think it's a cute idea but I just don't know how to make it work. So here goes.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:31 PM   #99
Cruise Queen

S/C/G: 167/163/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygrace
I'm trying to replace my tracker to show the 3 pound loss ... I think it's a cute idea but I just don't know how to make it work. So here goes.

lillygrace looks like you did good with your tracker and your weight loss

slim me, definitely don't feel bad a stay the same is always far better than a gain. I agree that next week you will see the loss.

Congrats to all the rest of you, such good weight loss this week

I have a feeling my loss should be really good on Thursday

Lisa
Old 01-10-2006, 04:18 AM   #100
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me
Hi Everyone, Today is my weight in day and I sadly report no loss! I have been pretty good with the eating and even with the exercise so I was, to say the least, disapointed!
Slim me ~ not losing, is definitely BETTER than gaining, and not worth getting depressed about. I'm sure that if you continue what you're doing now, it will definitely show on monday.
We must remember that it took us years of bad eating habits and very low physical activity to get to our present weight, so we can't expect to turn it around overnight.

To everyone who have posted their weight loss. Nice job girls...
The over 50 girls/boy are on their way
Old 01-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #101

I'm doing a dance today!!! A 5 lb. loss this first week and I'm so thrilled. Have a great week everyone.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:18 AM   #102

Default Yay Gypsie!!!

It's a great week for all....nobody gained!

We're off to a good start for the week to come!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:46 AM   #103

Good Morning everyone l would like to join this group, l found this site this past weekend and it is amazing. l have a lot of weight to lose and being only 4.11 and almost 70lbs overweight, it is really getting unconfortable. l am committed to losing this weight this year and regain my health back and hopefully by summer not look like a beached whale in my bathing suit. l have a 7 year old adopted granddaughter who l have to worry about being around for so for her as well as myself l can do this. l have tried so many different diets were l have had to restrict myself, so this time l am joining WW and looking more to portion control and not missing meals. l think that l put my body into that mode of storing fat because of not eating right. Gail l would like to do weigh ins on Mondays if thats okay. by the way what is the dash diet. Good luck everyone
Old 01-10-2006, 09:08 AM   #104

Default Hi Beth!

Please! Join our weigh-in's! The more the merrier! Isn't this a great website???? And you've found the best thread Join the 50-Chicks! We're all in the same boat as you are and with each other's help we WILL win the BATTLE this year!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #105

Smile Hi flsunbakd

Thank you for the warm welcome flsunbakd and yes this is a great website, l forwarded it to my brother in England. Hope it can give him some inspiration also, as he has been trying so hard to lose weight.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.