3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Anyone over 50 starting AGAIN?!?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #61

Height: 5'1"

Default Hi

HI Everyone, WELCOME all you new people! The more we have the more ideals and advice we will get. And all you people that have discovered and tried new recipes that are actually good, how about posting them. There are a lot of recipe sites around, but some of the recipes i've tried are not the greates. I'd rather make something "tried".

I've done well this week. Dont' know how much i've lost because my weigh in day is Monday. But' it's one day at a time. If you fall down, get back up!!!

I also recomend the hungry girl site. I get the daily e-mail and it's always interesting. She recomends the vita licious muffins and brownies but I haven't tried them because you have to buy them in bulk to have them shipped and I don't have room in the freezer. But they look sooooo good! Especially the chocolate ones. I'm a chocolacholic! Bud, has anyone tried no pudge brownies? You can buy them almost any place, and there is directions on the package to make one at a time.

I got all my sales paper in the news today, and lots of diet products are on sale and there are coupons. Every little bit helps!

Good luck to everyone, and looking forward to all the information and support!
Freda
Old 01-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #62
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Default No Pudge Brownies??

Tell me more Freda! I have never heard of them!

I know I can't eat them now....but they could be a nice reward for when I reach a certain weight goal :
Old 01-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #63

Morning Ladies....

Just finished 20 minutes of Richard Simmons. That littlehttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/devil_a.gif
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...es/devil_a.gif
was whispering in my ear, but I didn't listen. I'm pretty sore this morning and I had leg cramps during the night...but they say no pain no gain.

Just finished eating, going to do a couple post and then I off to work on a quilt I started last week. My husband and I have a Christmas Party to go to tonight. Ya, you heard right! We are Foster Parents for PATH. It stands for Professional Assoication Therapeutic Homes. So I have to watch my points today and plan for dinner tonight.

I'll check in tonight if not too late.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #64

Default OK, how do you get those icon on????

Well I'll try again Did I get it this time? I think I got it!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120
......I have to watch my points today and plan for dinner tonight....
tonight, Cheryl! You will do great! I envy your exercise will-power. THAT (hopefully) will come on Monday for me I hope to get going with my Pilates dvd. You guys need to SHAME me into it. I hate exercise!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 12:48 PM   #66

KY- Blue Rooster Checking in: I have had good week. Lost more than I expected...won't give the loss..so I won't get any male bashing started about gender differences! I am really enjoying the Fitday software I purchased and for some reason doing better with it than the WW journals I used in the past. Good luck Cherl120..foster parent..I am an administrator for social services so we both know the ugly side of life many people have to deal with! I am doing pitful putting exercise back in my routine...it makes me mad..in my head I still feel like I can do what I want..but my body tells me different the next day! Have a good one ladies...back to the UK vs Kansas Game! Rooster is out for the day!
Old 01-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #67
Cruise Queen

S/C/G: 167/163/145

Hi, EVERYONE, I am another one that Jill invited over. Thanks Jill

I think I am going to fit in here great. Like Jill DH and I are very addicted to cruising. I turned 51 this past November. Since my teen years I have battled the weight. I have done many of the weight loss plans and have had the best success with WW until the last time when I just made up my own plan.
I am 4'11" and in December 2003 I got to my highest weigh ever of 195 so January 1st 2004 I vowed that by the time I turned 50 I would loose it. I think My last goal for WW was 128 which was fine when I was 40 but 50 and being a bit bigger busted is hard to get to so I was thrilled when I got to 138 by about August 2004. How I did it is how I am going to do it again. I basically count my calories no more than 1100 calories a day. make sure I have plenty of protein, low fat, low sugars and veggies, and drink lots of water and occasional fruit juice take my vitamins and Lots and Lots of exercise. Sadly I gradually let the pounds creep back on in 2005, Luckily only to 166 but I had to put the breaks on fast.

My goal this year is to get back to that 138 if not 130 But I know from many years ago when I use to lecture/teach for WW part time it is best to set small goals to achieve along the way. So my first small goal is to get to 148 or as close as I can get to it in the next 4 weeks. You see I board another cruise ship 4 weeks from today and on a cruise there are two Formal Nights and right now there is no way I can get my FAT FANNY into any of the dresses I have except for my FAT FAT dress I had from cruises two years ago and I AM NOT going there

On January 1st I weighed 166 and Thursday weighed in at 161. Thursday night and Friday night we went out to dinner. Actually we eat out a lot, living in Las Vegas we have so many great place and it is just easier to go out than cook. Last night we went to a BBQ place and I had a small salad, skipped the bread, catfish that was lightly breaded and baked and not at all greasy and steamed veggies. Then I came home and got on the treadmill and walked 2.10 miles. I had done .75 miles in the morning. I did weigh again this morning and still weigh 161 which I thought was pretty good. I am hoping for a three pound loss by Thursday.

OK, I think I have chatted enogh on this first post to this thread, you are going to think I am long winded

I look forward to posting what I have done daily to get this FAT off this body and helping to cheer us all on to success

Lisa
Old 01-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #68

Red face

Hi everyone. I am just checking in for today. I am having a brunch at my home for 19 people tomorrow, so everything looks and smells so tempting. Tonight I am having a crockpot chicken dish which I found in the recipe section here. That, a few noodles and a small salad should be great. I'll let you know how it tastes..it smells wonderful! Laffnvegas, I envy you for your cruise in 4 weeks. I have to wait another 7 weeks for my cruise and although I look forward to the formal nights, I dread the pool deck! I am not sure if I will do the bathing suit trick this time...unless the weight loss fairy sprinkles some magic dust on me to help me along. As I look outside, it has been snowing lightly for a few hours now and is very pretty. The cruise is sounding better all the time. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #69

Default HI LISA!!! HI Rooster!! HI GypsieLadie!

Hi Everyone!

Lisa....I'm SO GLAD you're here! We'll have you in your formal dress before you know it! No WAY are you taking your old FAT FAT dress on this cruise!!!

Rooster...Nice to meet you! Nice to have a little male influence here....are you secure enough in your masculinity to be called a "50-Chick"???? You're a smart man not to flaunt your weight loss since men usually lose faster than women...but what the heck ~ we gals can take it! Congrats!

GypsieLadie...Lisa, Laurie and I all met on another forum where cruise-addicted people go for fun & information. Looks like you've been bit by the same bug! So ya'll....if anyone else out there is cruise-crazy, come on over to cruiselineforums.com We have a great time there too!

Looks like we're all having a pretty good weekend!
Old 01-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #70
Cruise Queen

Hi, I am back to report, that I just did about 15 minutes of Pilates, 75 situps, then I got on the treadmill and did 2.5 miles in 45 minutes. I am now just a little pooped But it feels good

gypsyladie, where are you going on your cruise and which ship?

I myself am a Holland America Fan but also like RCL. We are going back on the MS Oosterdam out of San Diego to the Mexican Riviera, then May 7th we will be going out of Vancouver on the MS Ryndam for Alaska. So you can see I got to really get going on this diet and exercise.

Jill, Thanks so much for inviting me over here. I think it helps a lot to stay track when you can chat about it with others.

So Far today I have not eaten much other than 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1/2 cup of carrot juice and a 1/2 cup of some protein juice. I am saving the rest of my calories for dinner tonight Luckily I also am not hungry.

Well, better go, need to jump in the shower and run to the bank.

Lisa
Old 01-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #71

Hey laffnvegas. I am a Holland America fan as well. We are off to the southern Carib (Half Moon Key, Aruba, Curacau, Panama Canal, Panama and Costa Rica) on the Zaandam on Feb 22. Can't wait.

Hi flsunbakd. I will check out that cruise website. I also go to cruisecritics.com a lot.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #72

Default Not going to be the only "Fat 50 Chick" left in USA!!

From the looks of this thread if I don't jump on board, I will be the only fat 51(turning 52 this year) left in America. I started a combination of WW Core, South Beach on 1-1-06. And then I read the review on Sonoma and it sounded like a perfect match to what I was trying. Overall I have been doing pretty good.

Now here is the funny thing, my pastor ask me to head " A Healthy Congregation Challenge in 2006". I think OK pastor I know I'm a little thicker than I used to be, but you don't have to be so obvious!! The deal is all the churches in the community are doing kind of "Biggest Looser" contest, and the church with the highest % weight loss will win money for the church. OK, the pastor will do anything to raise money for a new fellowship hall.

Anyway I said Yes, so we weigh in on Sunday after church. That actually seems to be keeping me pretty much on track over the weekend. It is a 14 week challenge. We had 22 sign up, so the accountability is good.

Enough about me, I am looking forward to posting on this board and getting back to a healthy weight in 2006 with all the "50 Chicks"!!

Hugs,

Wanda: wave: HA!HA!! Ticker is not right, need to adjust!!
Old 01-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #73

Hi Wanda!!

So happy to see you here! Yep...you're amongst your "own kind"...over 50's...and most of us chunky chicks!

Your church challenge sounds like a of of fun! Hope ya'll are the Biggest Losers so Pastor can have his Fellowship Hall! :
Old 01-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #74
Cruise Queen

Wanda, I agree your church challenge sounds like a lot of fun. My old Pastor would of liked an idea like that but he just retired this year and our new Sr Pastor is pretty thin. You have definitely come to the right place, I just joined too and am also 51.

gypsyladie, if you hang out at all on the HAL CC board you probably already know me. I use the same handle and avatar picture. I have been a regular there for several years. We will get to go on the Zaandam this year also. We will get to go on her for Thanksgiving for our first 10 day cruise. We have friends that will be on her in April for the Panama Canal Cruise that will go from FLL to Vancouver but they will get off in San Diego.

I have been busy today, after I got home I started to put away all the Christmas decorations and I watched revneal form the CC board wave thru the SD Web Cam on the Oosterdam. Finished putting away the decorations now I thought I would get back on my treadmill :treadmill: for a leisure walk
before I watch the Oosterdam Sail Away on the SD web Cam.
I want to burn as many calories today as possible because I want to have a nice dinner and just maybe a glass of champagne.

Lisa
Old 01-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #75

Hi all!!
I really feel like I know how you feel. I was 298 pounds when I started the Pondimun diet. Lost 65 pounds on that diet pill. Then they took it off the market, so I gained back alot of weight and once I got to 283 pounds and at the same time I found out my brother has diabetes, I was concerned about getting diabetes also. I was tested and found out I didnt have it but that I did have low blood sugar which can develop into diabetes. I had been on Weight Watchers twice before when I found this out. So I went back to Weight Watchers, knowing this might be the last time I could lose weight. My mother was concerned I was going to have a heart attack. I started again, had my ups and downs but was determined, I was afraid of getting diabetes and I had seen what it can do to a person. It took me 6 years to lose 130 pounds, but I dont exercise like most people, I just walk at work, then I am too tired when I am at home to do anything. I knew that to lose that weight, I needed to exercise and since I dont get alot of walking in, I cut the sugar mostly, now it is mostly sugarfree and I have a lot of fatfree. Portion control is the key factor to any diet program. I dont say that Weight Watchers is the best, but it worked for me. Now I am a Lifetime member and even though I dont have to weigh in but once a month, I still go to the meetings and weigh in every week. I have to weigh in so I will know how I am doing, if I gained, what could of been the cause. I have to do that for myself. I cant let this get out of control again. I decided this time of losing weight was for my health. I truly feel that is the only reason to lose weight. If you lose it for that reason, its a life long committment and I feel it will stay off. I am not 50, I am 49 and will turn 50 in April 2006. This is a struggle for me to keep this weight off. I am constantly around food at work, high calorie food at work. I take my Weight Watchers Oatmeal for Breakfast there or lunch. Just heat it up, I have sugar free snacks there when I get a craving for a snack. I could go on and on about this. I dont want to bore yall. I just feel so much different now, I really can understand where you ladies are coming from. I have been there. If any of you have Yahoo Messenger, feel free to add me as a buddy. My signature id is cowgirl73160. I would love to be buddies with any and all of you. Well, I better get back to my domino games!!

See yall around,
Lisa
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.