Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 05:31 PM   #691  

Meowee, I think your idea is a good one -- I've never seen it on any of the boards I belong to, but it definitely makes sense.

And, I think you must have TONS of willpower. I read back to your post about having lunch at the Swiss Chalet, and even though I actually like chicken, I'm not sure I could have resisted all the other yummy stuff you so beautifully avoided! Even though my sweet cravings have subsided, I am also craving BBQ sauce, so you are a far, far stronger woman than I am!

Laurie
Old 03-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #692  
Cruiser

Smile Hi Hy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth merry
I've done OK with Atkins and I'm inclined to stay on it for now, just maybe add the 5g of carbs you start to do after Induction, and just do that early. Maybe like I mentioned before, in the form of a 1/2 c. of blueberries or the like, once a day.

And I know my doc is looking out for me, but I just think she has a bit of prejudice concerning Atkins because MOST people see the diet as just the Induction part and can't seem to comprehend that that is the FIRST part of the diet. She thinks the Rosedale is better balanced - and it is, compared to Induction, but eventually Atkins is balanced too. I'm probably making NO sense LOL!

Hy
Hi Hy

I've been on Atkins since 8-1-2005 and am now down 91 pounds.
I'm not sure what the induction stuff is all about. I try and keep it as simple as I can. I just keep my carb intake as low as I can and if I do have any carbs they are complex carbs, no sugars at all. I think all of this induction Hooey is just marketing to sell more books. The original Atkins works fine and as you can see, I've averaged over 12 pounds lost a month.
Exactly how long have you been on Atkins and how many grams of carbs are you consuming? Caffeine can be bad on Atkins also, do you drink many caffeinated beverages?

Hang in there.

Reggie
Old 03-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #693  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee
What do you think about the idea of opening a new "thread-of-the-month" at the start of each month? I've seen this idea in a few places and it seems to keep things from getting quite so long but because it mentions the month, you can still look back for something if you want too?

I think it's an excellent idea!!

Hy
Old 03-03-2006, 07:35 PM   #694  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggierail
Hi Hy

I've been on Atkins since 8-1-2005 and am now down 91 pounds.
I'm not sure what the induction stuff is all about.
Reggie

Thanks Reggie :-)

Wow, that's really great you've lost so much weight!! Congrats!

The reason for the mention about changing Atkins Induction is because I just learned that I'm going to have a Nuke Med scan at the end of the month and can't take vitamins until the scan is done. My doctor suggested I go onto the Rosedale Diet instead of staying on Atkins since I can't take vitamins, but I'm gonna stay on Atkins.

Induction is just what the first part of Atkins is called - I don't think it's new or anything, but just the part where you stay at 20 g. of carbs per day. (BUT I could be wrong - I am, you know, once in awhile )

I've been faithful to the program and since the beginning of Feb have lost 7 pounds so far. I hope I can do as well as you have done

Hy
Old 03-04-2006, 06:27 AM   #695  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Okay, it's morning. It's March (4th), and I'm opening a new thread. See you all over there.

Calling it "Over 50 -- March Chat"

Last edited by meowee; 03-04-2006 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:28 AM   #696  

Thank God I found you again...Thanks to The Slim Me!!! I looked at a site for over the over 50 folks before but I didn't have a password and I could log in and then when i could i couldn't find it!!
I am going to try again--I started exercising over a year ago, 3 times a week with a college girl as a trainer and I have built a lot of muscle and lost a couple sizes but lost very little weight and the dr. told me that I really need to lose about 50 pounds. I get tired just thinking about it! I can't do any of the diets that are too restrictive because I just won't stick to it. I am trying to count calories and do a week or so and then go off on a big old binge and screw it up. Would anyone like to have a weigh in once a week or share menus or anything like that? I really did well when I had to weigh in weekly at ww so maybe that would help. Anybody already doing that?
Old 03-04-2006, 01:49 PM   #697  
Onward and Downward

Hi tecklaeleson . . . I'm glad you found us BUT we just started a new March thread so you kind of have to re-find us. It's in the same forum and its called "Over 50 -- March Chat" At this precise moment it's right below this thread. Sorry, I don't know how to had a link to get you there faster.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:19 PM   #698  
Cruiser

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth merry
Thanks Reggie :-)

Wow, that's really great you've lost so much weight!! Congrats!

Induction is just what the first part of Atkins is called - I don't think it's new or anything, but just the part where you stay at 20 g. of carbs per day. (BUT I could be wrong - I am, you know, once in awhile )

I've been faithful to the program and since the beginning of Feb have lost 7 pounds so far. I hope I can do as well as you have done

Hy
We low carb people have to stick together.

It's just that I would think you should be losing quicker than what you have.
I'd just forget the induction HOOWIE and drop your carb intake as low as you can. I am very sensitive to carbs and at 20 grams my loss is cut by a bunch.
I try for zero carbs but can still lose quickly if I stay under 10 grams. Different people can lose with more grams of carbs, but maybe you are like me and have to cut to less than 20 grams.

You might try Ketostix also, they test the urine for ketones and can show how you are doing as far as being in ketosis.

Reggie
Old 03-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #699  
Onward and Downward

Reggie -- Please Read Everything On This Page -- We Have A New Thread. Name Of It Is In The Post Directly Above Yours.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #700  
it's always something

Everyone go here -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77936

Closed Thread