Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 02:08 PM   #631  

Hi Chickies - thanks for hint about weighing yourself. I think I'm going to buy a scale - but now I don't know if I want a digital scale or not. What about it girls? What type of scale do you use?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #632  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the advice, Yorkie. Now, if I could only get myself to follow it.

I do have another scale. A big ugly, clunky old mechanical one that I really can't read the numbers on so I don't want to dig it out. One of the things I liked about this particular digital of mine is the fact that it doesn't have batteries that need to be replaced. I'm afraid it just might be getting old.

If I need to buy a new one, Surf, I'll probably get another digital. I like the fact that you can read the number after you get off the scale and the fact that they are so nice and compact.

The kind of scale I'd really like to have is the great big, "balance beam" type that you see in so many health clubs, hospitals, doctors' offices, etc. Trouble is, I'm not willing to add another room to my house to keep it in.

Have a good evening, folks.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:26 PM   #633  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default Dog Lover

Hyacintha gal................I was so moved by your post...........We are critter lovers and applaude you for your kindness to dogs. God bless you and can I do something to help?
Bobbi
Old 02-22-2006, 07:10 PM   #634  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hi Chickies!

Our Gazelle hasn't shown up yet...but Good News: HH and I both went to the cardiologist for echos and stress tests and both got clean bills of health. YAY!
Bad News:
I had PIZZA tonight to celebrate!

Surf...I also have a digital scale....I'm scared to get on it this week, but I do like it

Last edited by flsunbakd; 02-22-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:28 PM   #635  

Hi Chicks,

Not a good couple of days we are all sick with some horrible bug. My husband has the terrible cough, headache,and chills, I have the headache and chills. I did go my my WW meeting this afternoon and I stayed the same, so I'm content with that. Better than a gain any day.

Surf...I have a digital scale that talks, and I love it!!

Hello to all the newbies!!!

Hugs to you all.

Cheryl
Old 02-22-2006, 08:53 PM   #636  

Hi, Chicks:
Last Sunday my grown son showed up at my door and has been sick ever since, not eating or even sleeping much, just lying there with a high fever no matter how much Tylenol he takes and how many cold compresses I put on his forehead. I had never seen him so sick he won't even use his laptop. Won't go to the doctor, though. Not that I blame him because that's the way I am.
Now I think that I am coming down with the same bug. I wish I could say that at least I will lose some pounds, but I know it won't be so because I am already craving JUICE!!! sweet, sweet OJ and guava juice (I am Puerto Rican!)
For now I am sticking to diet Pepsi.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:02 AM   #637  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Good morning everyone~
Cheryl~ So sorry, to hear that you're sick. Hope you will get well real soon, I'm just starting to feel better myself, so I sympathize with you.

Jill~ Congratulations to you and your HH on your clean bills of health. That should be a great motivator for both of you to use your Gazelle~ you'd both want to maintain your good health. Delivery time seems to be so slow, is next day delivery not available?

Surf~ I have several scales, but I just got a new one which I love. It is a WW Precision Digital scale and measures weight, body fat, mass and water. It measures weight in 1 and 3/4 oz. increments and has a positioning indicator which ensures even weight distribution for accurate readings. So you can't trick this thing, no matter where you stand on the scale it always gives the same reading. My other digital scales gives different readings most of the time.

I had an incident with my laptop yesterday , so I had to use our stationary computer in one of our rooms (office) to go online. But I'd rather use my laptop in our living room, so I worked on it the whole night. Reformatting the drive was not an option because I did not have a backup and I did not want to lose my files. I tried everything,and I almost gave up, but with patience I got it up and running again, virus free and all. I have also decided to make a back up with norton ghost. But with almost no sleep, I now feel , so I'll have to take a nap now.

Have a great day everyone. Be strooong.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 02-23-2006 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:37 AM   #638  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning from snowy Nova Scotia . . .

Nothing too exciting happening around here. The fresh snow is quite pretty. It's the heavy wet stuff that clings to the tree branches and (if the sun would come out) makes everything look so nice and sparkly.

I'd give a to all the sickies if I weren't afraid of catching the virus. Thank goodness for the virtual . Jrnyc, I really think you should drag both your son and yourself to the doctor if you don't start feeling better really soon. The rest of you sound like you're on the mend, so hopefully the worst is over, but do take care of yourselves.

Think I will start hunting around for the type of scale you mentioned Elyn. I would so love a digital that doesn't catch the from time to time.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day. Keep on doing your best and everything will work out great.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:46 AM   #639  

Height: 5'1"

Default hi

Good afternoon everyone, Hope you're all having a good day! It's my day off but I had to get up early to be back at the hospital (at 7) for BLS testing today. Hate going in on MY day off!

Surf, I wish I had a good scale! Mine is just an old numbers one. I had a digital one but it never worked well. this one doesn't even register 1/2 pounds! I do check mine occasionally with the hospital scale to make sure that it's still acurate.

Jill, for you and your husband! I hate going to the Dr. and put it off as long as possible. glad you got such good results! But maybe next time choose another way to celebrate! But ya know, we can still have pizza. Just have to count those calories!

Cheryl, I'm stirring up a big put of hot toddy's for all of you that aren't feeling well! Hope it helps!

Jrnyc, Plenty of hot toddy for you and your son too! Hope you're both feeling well. What that temp! Don't want it to get too high! I love coffee, drink it all the time, but the second I start getting sick I want tea and juice! Guess our body's try to tell us something, huh?

Elyn, I know you said you fixed your lap top, but you lost me after the "I fixed"! I am so totally computer illiterate! Why can't you live a little closer to me?

Meow, Weather is really sunny here and actually, not too cold today. Do you get all the seasons like we do here?

Have a good day all, Freda
Old 02-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #640  

Just wanted to add a quick message. I had a pt. yesterday that had barrictric surgery. I don't know if any of you have considered that option. She was a case that went very wrong. Got a blood clot in both legs and had to have them both amputated very high, probally too high to wear a prostatic. The stomach incision dehissed and she has a hole in her stomach that I could put my whole finger down into. She has a trach which, hopefully can be reversed. We don't know yet. She's 48 years old. I know some surgeries are beneficial and I just see the bad ones, but I see too many of them! Just wanted to say, Please try everything before you consider surgery!

Hope I didn't gross any one out!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:03 PM   #641  
Onward and Downward

OK, Slim, you definitely grossed me out . . . what causes so many gastric bypass ops to go wrong? Or are you referring to surgery in general? That's even more frightening.

We get all the seasons. . . Winter (always toooooo long) . . . Spring (only seems to last a few days) . . . Summer (not nearly as humid here as in Ontario) . . . and Autumn (my absolute favourite, I love the colours).

You know, I always thought it was the changing of the leaves in reaction to the cooler weather that made them fall off for the Winter, until I went to South Carolina in February once. All the deciduous trees were bare but they had petunias growing around the bottom. Really tickled my funny bone since all you usually see at the foot of our bare-branched trees is snow.

BTW, where is everybody, today?
Old 02-23-2006, 05:01 PM   #642  
Cruiser

Post Fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnyc
Hi, Chicks:
Last Sunday my grown son showed up at my door and has been sick ever since, not eating or even sleeping much, just lying there with a high fever no matter how much Tylenol he takes
Read the warning label for Tytlenol. I think the maximumdose is 3000 mg. per day. Xtra strength Tylenol is 500 mg. and regular is 325 mg. Liver damage is a factor and alcohol should not be consumed while taking Tylenol.

Now down 88 pounds.

Reggie
Old 02-23-2006, 06:38 PM   #643  

Unhappy

Thank you everyone for the messages. (And the "Welcome" ones to which I did not respond earlier because we were dealing with the flu.

My son still refuses to go to the doctor, he says he does not feel well enough. Love his sense of humor.

I have just been giving him lots of fluids and Tylenol, although I do think about the consequences to his liver. Reggie--I think he is taking about 2000mg a day.

As for me, I gave up on my diet for the duration. Although, since I South-Beach-proofed my pantry and fridge, there won't be much damage.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #644  

Hi again, I'm looking for every one too! Where IS everyone!

Jrncy, Reggie is right about the Tylenol! It's very toxic to the liver. I'm living proof! I take a tylenol #3 occasionally for chronic back pain (no more than 3 a week) and my liver emzymes are elevated! Some of us are more sensetive than others I guess! I don't drink, no other medication!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:53 PM   #645  

Hi chickies:

Dang I am hungry!

Thanks everyone for the tips on scale - Think I will start hunting around for the scale you mentioned Elyn. It just seems odd to me that the HUGE beam scale at the doc’s office doesn’t register the same as the HUGE beam scale at the health club. But I knew when I was 197 and 198 and 199 – it wouldn’t register at the health club. It wouldn’t even work at 200….. so I know that it is at least 3 lbs off.

Jill – Wonderful news on good health & stress tests for you and hubby!! Is the gazelle like an elliptical? Those things intimidate me at the health club.

Slim – how horrible about the woman who lost her legs because of bariatric surgery complications. I haven’t ever considered the option, but I know of one woman who did it. She loved the results and then went on a plastic surgery BINGE. She lives in Alaska but had all her plastic work done in San Diego so no one would know….. RIGHT – NO ONE can tell if you have had plastic surgery….

ReggieRail – YOU GO – 88 Pounds – what an inspiration. If you can do it, so can I.

Thanks for all the information on Tylenol – I also take it – and I wondered why my liver enzymes were elevated. The doc just thought I had a ‘fatty’ liver and the enzymes would adjust when I lost weight.

Does anyone watch American Idol? Tonight are the results… love the show – as do my daughters. Just really grabs me to see so many different type people with talent. Do you get it Yorkie? Is there a European Idol?

Oh, guess what---- I’m going to meet with a personal trainer next Thursday – love her, she’s about my age and an enthusiastic person. I need to get out of my weight plateau, mild cold, and inability to exercise everyday – I am just so tired. AAArg
Closed Thread