3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Anyone over 50 starting AGAIN?!?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 08:04 PM   #16

It might be a good idea to weigh in ... what do others think? I did it at Weight Watchers but it was secret. It is so hard for me to admit how much I weigh ... my husband doesn't even know. He knows what size I am ... and that I have crept up from the 12/14 that I was when we were married to an 18 going on 20 (if I don't turn this around). I was a large child and teenager and wore an 18 in high school ... but this is the largest I have been as an adult. I was in WW in college and lost 35 pounds, then slowly gained it back until I was almost 200. THen I lost again to 170 ... then slowly added it back up to my current 238. There I said it ... I can't believe it ... but I am. My goal is to get back to 170 so that's 68 pound to lose. And I've struggled to even lose a pound or two ... so this is my chance to turn it around, I hope.

Thanks for the encouragement. And now that I've said it, I don't mind at all posting my weight on Monday morning. I'm in with you, Gail.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #17
Marcia

Yep..over 50 here and starting over..AGAIN

Old 01-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #18

Well, welcome to the group, Marcia. We're al in the same boat ... I've got around the same amount to lose as you so we'll need all the help we can get to make it. But I'm determined ... and hope that this forum will help.

Good luck!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #19

Hi all, new here,but not to trying to lose the weight. 56 and need help .I just don't want to stay this way. What I need is to commit and be accountable. HOW do I do that?
Old 01-03-2006, 01:47 AM   #20

S/C/G: 189/189/115

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Hi, Y'all,
I turned 50 this year and am again starting over. I managed to lose quite a bit just after my 40th bday (60 lbs!) and seemed on the right track...vowed never to go back. I still needed to lose a bit but was on my way...then I moved, had foot surgery and now I'm almost back where I started...another decade past...I need all the support I can get.

Right now I do WW which really works IF you actually do it...that's the problem for me...a lot of things have worked for me but I have a tendency to go back to eating wrong and it comes right back on...it's sticking with it that's been a problem. Only lately, it's even starting again that's been a problem.

Any help/encouragement would be great!
Old 01-03-2006, 08:03 AM   #21

Lightbulb Monday morning weigh-ins

Lilligrace,

(By the way I like that name!)

Now that you've already gone and did it, if anyone wanted to join us on Monday morning weigh-ins, you wouldn't have to tell your weight, just how much you lost (or heaven forbid gained!) for the week.

That's what we did in TOPS; then we had awards for weekly and monthly losers; also consecutive losers, which I think is a great accomplishment; not necessarily how much you lose but that you are losing every week.

We could all tell our gain or loss for the week; then have a "weight recorder" post the results, who the weekly winner and second place winner is.

Would that be feasible? Also I told some of my friends I'm starting a new weight loss group, and I'm calling it STARTING AGAIN...AGAIN.

That's why I replyed to your post in the first place Lilligrace, you titled it "starting again."

I had a pretty good first diet day. I even ate some fruit; I never eat right unless I'm dieting. I eat way too many sweets. Now I am eating healthy!

Have a good day everyone!

Gail

Last edited by Gail C : 01-03-2006 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:48 AM   #22

Height: 5'1"

Default Good morning

How is everyone this morning? I'm off to a rough start today! I couldn't sleep last night because of back pain, tossed and turned for awhile, then got up and eat! I don't know why I do that, maybe to distract my mind from the pain? Anyway, today is a new day, and I'm not going to let one slip up stop me from reaching my goals. We all slip up sometimes, right? The answer is to get right back up and start again!

I think a Monday weigh in would be a good thing. What about every one else? That way we can keep tract, keep accountable. Cheer the successes and try to figure out the losses!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #23

Height: 5'1"

Default Hi

Just wanted to post again to see if my weight log came on
Old 01-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #24

Default Eating out

Just got back from Bob Evans...had a bowl of vegetable soup. Yea me!

I have dieted so many times and I do know that you can eat out and still lose weight. Since I really like to go out with my friends and family that is important to me.

I didn't get the yummy rolls, but I got in some of my veggies for the day!

Hope all of you are having a good beginning week of the year and of your diet. I know we're not supposed to use the word "diet", but to me that's what it is. I know it's supposed to be a lifestyle change or healthy eating; but it's just easier to say I'm on a diet.

My grandchildren always help me out; they say, "You can't have that; you're on a diet." They know about me and my diets!

Gail

(I am using my beginning weight as my highest weight I was back in Aug 2003, because it makes me feel better to see I have managed not to gain it all back!)
Old 01-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #25
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Hi everyone~
The monday morning weigh-in is a great idea.
Count me in.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:41 PM   #26

Hi all...it is so easy to get distracted! Especially when you eat out ... so I'm really proud of you, Gail ... Bob Evans is a hard one. Love their pancakes. Ugh!

But losing this extra weight is going to require a whole new way of thinking. I walked by the kitchen in my office at least 30 times today ... and I have often gone in just to see what is laying around for our consumption. I went in only for water today! So, I'm really, really happy with myself ... I know there will be slip-ups but today was a good one. And I hope it carries on into the evening! I have a hard time in the evening too ... I'm a snacker. The temptations are everywhere ... but hopefully this accounting to you all will help me stay on course.

I'm not going to weigh until Monday because it is easy for me to get discouraged when I don't see immediate results for my discipline! I hope you'll help me make it through those low times when I want to give up ... because I know they will come.

Bye for now. Have a great evening.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:45 PM   #27

Oh, I forgot ... welcome to our new California and WIsconsin buddies! I don't know if our support can help you in california if you don't need to lose weight ... but you're welcome to join in. I'd say, just check in every day ... and know that your post will be read by all of us ... and someone will respond to your concerns. We are all struggling with commitment and accountability ... just different types. So, if you find it helpful, please, stick wtih us.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #28

Thought I would check in with the "Chick's"! I have been on track since the weekend. I purchased the FitDay software after I saw the link someone provided. I am using it to keep track and focusing on a calorie range. I am a single parent with a hungry 17 year old boy...so..Mr. Mom is fixing two multiple meal plans to keep peace in the house! Well, it is time for the Fat Rooster to go fix some popcorn and watch a little football. I plan to weigh only once a week. Saturday mornings.....old weight watcher habits I guess!

Take care,
KY-Blue
Old 01-04-2006, 12:01 AM   #29

Default Tried a new recipe!

Hey girlieyorkie, glad you want to join in the weigh-in!

I tried a new recipe from a Light & Tasty recipe booklet, and it was actually good.

For one thing, I don't cook that much anymore, and for another when I do, it's usually the same old thing; I'm not very adventurous in trying new dishes. (Unless it's a fattening dessert!)

It was a sweet and sour smoked sausage dish (Healthy Choice) over rice; I shared it with my friend who is also starting again...again, and she liked it too.

I am so motivated right now...how do I bottle this motivation for when I need it later??

Keep it up everyone!
Old 01-04-2006, 12:29 AM   #30

Hi everyone! I would love to join the over 50 group. I'm starting back with WW tomorrow. I have been fighting obesity since I was eight, and I have tried every diet that is out there. WW seem to help me the most, now to start exercising which I hate. I plan on working out to a walking tape for those over 50 along with strenth training till spring arrives and I can get out and walk. Right now I have snow and ice to deal with and I would like to make it through this winter without falling on the ice. I have 230 pounds to loose, so having support would be great!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.