Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 12:04 AM   #151  
Cruise Queen

S/C/G: 167/163/145

Cheryl, that's great

I also did fairly well today with the exception of not getting in as much exercise as I would have liked. I was only able to walk 1 mile Tonight we went to Red Robin for dinner and I had thier Fiesta Chicken Salad, it was really light on the salad dressing and the only bad part was was probably all the crunchy tortilla strips in the salad. I did have avery tiny tiny piece of birthday cake today that totaled three whole bites. I had good will power in the morning one of the banks that I deal with at work brought us in 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme Donuts and I did not touvh a one

Hope Everyone is having a Good Weekend, Keep up the Great Work
Old 01-14-2006, 01:22 AM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygrace
Well, frineds, I have to report that I went out to dinner tonight and did not do as well as I planned. It actually started out earlier in the day ... instead of planning what I was going to eat I just decided that I was going to cheat today. So I snacked on some breakfast bread that someone brought into the office and then later in the afternoon someone offered me a cookie. I took it. Then when we finally got out to dinner, the people I was with ordered an appetizer to share and I tasted it ... the same with dessert. I didn't eat much of either but it certainly ended my eating spree with a bang! So, I support the trick is to not carry this any further. I have many times before just kept on going, thinking that I had just ruined the day and so I would try to cram as much in before I went to bed. I'm drinking water right now so I hope that I've changed my habits at least a little.

Lily, there's no doubt you have changed your habits, and you changed a "cheating" day into a successful day! I've also had days when I've decided to chuck it, and didn't stop eating until I went to bed because after all, since I'd already blown it, might as well keep going!

When you went to dinner you had a taste of this, a bite of that, and then you were finished! And the best thing of all, you really stopped and didn't keep the spiral going!! THAT'S GREAT! And, when I get that urge again, I will think of you and hopefully I'll also reach for a bottle of water!

Have a great weekend!!!

Laurie
Old 01-14-2006, 09:05 AM   #153  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hi 50-Chicks!

In reading the posts, it looks like we're all having our little slip-ups but are recovering nicely! YAY! Like Laurie....I usually chuck the whole day if I have something that's not "on plan", but not this time! The cravings have subsided and I think I'm OK.

I'm not expecting any weight loss this week....I just don't "feel" it....and I know it's because I haven't exercised. BUT: I made a vow to you all that I would start my Pilates today and guess what! I DID!! HH brought me home a Pilates mat and a little portable DVD player yesterday so I could do my workout wherever I want to...on the porch, in the livingroom, etc....on a cruise even! Isn't he the greatest??? And people think he looks like Sean Connery too. LOLOL Try living with a man who's told that at every turn! LOLOL

Anyway...I'm feeling pretty good about it all today, and if I have no loss this week, it's my fault...but I'm fixing that. I think I can stick with it with ya'll being here for me.

Happy Weekend!
Old 01-14-2006, 12:39 PM   #154  

Good morning!!

Yesterday was a bit of a slip-up for me too. But.....no binge for the rest of the day because I "ruined" the day. This is a huge victory...I tend to eat at night, if I feel defeated in my diet, didn't do it. Wahoo!!!

I am heading into town to Curves and the weighin, for the first class. It is support for me that makes a difference. You all and Curves, this time. With trick from the Core program to keep me honest!

Lisa, I have always wished we had a Krispy Kreme here in Southeast Alaska......it is probably a very good thing we don't!! It was always the first place my kids wanted to head when we headed to the lower 48.... Krispy Kreme and Target!

Yay Jill for starting your Pilates. And for your "HH" for supporting you with kind action. Lucky gal.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #155  
Cruise Queen

Good Morning Girls

Jill, that is great that you started you Pilates and how sweet of HH to get you the mat and a portable DVD

Tom is also trying be really helpful and letting me decide where we should go out to dinner where I can be really good. He was even willing to go to Applebees where I could get a WW meal but then I selected Red Robin since it had more things he and our son who came along liked.

This morning I slept in a bit more because I knew I could drag my butt into work a bit later so I got up at about 6:30 fed the dogs, got on the computer, then did my short version of pilates with about 60 sit ups and lots of leg lifts and stretches. Then jumped on the treadmill. I really wanted to get in 2 miles this morning since I fell behind the last couple of days but I only got in 1 mile. I doubt I will be able to get in any more tonight but tomorrow I do not work and Tom does so I will get up, exercise, go to church, get grocerys, then come home and get back on the treadmill

Hope Everyone Has GREAT Weekend
Old 01-14-2006, 02:04 PM   #156  

Good morning!

Jill, YAY for you for starting back with Pilates! I know you've been wanting to get back into it. Hope your back is feeling better.

Lisa and Bunti, you are far more ambitious today than I am!

I did go to the gym last night, so that was 4 days on the treadmill this week for about 40 min. each, except for Tuesday, when I did an hour.

It's a rainy day here today, so my son's baseball game has been cancelled. Looks like a perfect opportunity to catch a movie, have a lazy home day, or yeah, go to the gym or clean house!

Whatever you're all doing today, I hope it's a great day for you!

Laurie
Old 01-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #157  
Cruise Queen

Laurie, all that time on the treadmill sound pretty ambitious to me. I just wish it did not take so darn long to walk a mile, it take me just over 17 minutes and that is walking at a fairly fast rate for me. So you if are walking 40 minutes that is a lot of walking. I push to get in at least 1 mile or 1.5 miles in the morning then if time permits I attempt another 1.5 miles in the evening. The problem being the last 2 nights I did not get out of work till close to 7 PM by the time I got home and we went and grab a bite to eat out it was after 9 when we got home and far to late to get on the treadmill since my bed time was only a few minutes away.

Tonight I probably won't get out of work till after 6 and Tom's hours at work also got changed and he won't get off till 6:30 we will of course go out to eat but again by the time we get home it will be late. I really plan to walk a lot tomorrow hopefully 3 plus miles.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:28 PM   #158  

I am 54 and a teacher. I have struggled with my weight all my adult life. I played sports as a child and didn't have a problem then. I am a lifetime member of weight watchers, and I can't tell you how many times I have gone back and lost 20-40 lbs. only to gain it back again plus a few. I need to lose at least 70 lbs. My cholesterol is too high even with my medication, but I can't seem to get motivated or to stop "grazing". If anyone has any ideas of a good diet for me - - please share.
P.S. I cook very little since my children are grown, and "naturally" my husband doesn't have a problem with weight.

H E L P !!!!
Thanks,
Pamelateach5
Old 01-14-2006, 06:54 PM   #159  
Cruise Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelateach5
I am 54 and a teacher. I have struggled with my weight all my adult life. I played sports as a child and didn't have a problem then. I am a lifetime member of weight watchers, and I can't tell you how many times I have gone back and lost 20-40 lbs. only to gain it back again plus a few. I need to lose at least 70 lbs. My cholesterol is too high even with my medication, but I can't seem to get motivated or to stop "grazing". If anyone has any ideas of a good diet for me - - please share.
P.S. I cook very little since my children are grown, and "naturally" my husband doesn't have a problem with weight.

H E L P !!!!
Thanks,
Pamelateach5
Oh Pam, You sound just like me. I first joined WW back in 1981 and only had to loose 24 pounds to get to goal. I would love to weigh now what I weighed at my high in 1981 Although I could hit it later this year. Plus husband definitely does not mind me being over weight. I am lucky I have no problems with high blood pressure or cholesterol. But if I had to get to my original WW goal weight I would have to get rid of 40 more pounds. As far as the cooking "I have NO idea what that is" Other than Christmas Day this year I have not cooked for a very long time. My husband does all the cooking or we just go out to eat. Although his work hours got changed effective today and he now does not get off till 6:30 at night Most of the time I should get home a little before that, I might be force to have to cook
Old 01-14-2006, 07:33 PM   #160  

Guess what guys?! Down 4 pounds. Now, if I can just keep losing 1.5 -2pounds a week, that will be 60-80 pounds before we cruise. Whew. Too large a number.

Okay. How about 10 more pounds by Valentines day? That I can get behind.

Pam, welcome. You sound much like me as well, although I still cook. There are many "grazing" type diets out there. Maybe you could play to your strengths. We all have different diets here, perhaps one of ours will catch your fancy. Welcome, we are glad you are here.
I just started the 6 week challenge at Curves. It is very similiar to the Core program at WW with strict portion control the first 7 days, then more normalized after that. What helps me is knowing I must chart my exercise and diet, and check in each Saturday. Lots of good hints too, much like this board!! I use the BodyClutter menu mailer as well, for easy and good healthy recipes, hints and ideas. (3 meals, 3 snacks.)
Old 01-14-2006, 07:35 PM   #161  

Pamelateach5... You will find lots of support and advice from the girls. I started WW a little over a week ago for the second and last time. I have a little over 200lbs to loose, and I'm determine to do it this time. The support I get from the girls at this site is WONDERFUL. I hope you find what will work for you, be it WW or some other program.

I had a pretty good day. I wasn't perfect though, had a small slip at dinner and had a piece of regular pizza, but I have been eating below my allowed points, so hopefully it won't hurt too much. I am proud that I only ate one piece, two weeks ago it would of been half I would of eaten. So I'm learning and more aware of what I put in my mouth.

Do any of you suffer leg cramps while your sleeping? Since I started exercising last week, I've been getting them almost nightly.

Hope you all have a great weekend or what's left of it.

Cheryl
Old 01-14-2006, 07:57 PM   #162  

Hi Guys,
I went to my Weight Watchers weigh in today and they told me I had lost .6 with a total weight loss of 131 pounds. I had set my goal weight at Weight Watchers at 155 but I have a personal goal, if I can to get to 150. I wont beat myself up if I dont. Weight Watchers said my healthy range is 135-169. Gail, I totally understand about getting up sofas, climbing stairs, and climbiing up on curbs. When I read that, I thought, "Hey that was me!!! I know exactly how that lady feels, I can totally relate!!" Even though I lost all this weight, I still cant get up off the floor by myself but that is because my legs are sooo weak, I think it has something to do with my circulation problem, but I might not be right on that. I do know my knees hurt when I try to get up off the floor. Oh, has anyone tried the Jello Pudding at Walmart? It is sugarfree, fatfree and made with fatfree milk. I had gotten the Butterscotch flavor and my husband made it, it was AWESOME!! Today when I was at Walmart I got the White Chocolate, Banana Cream and Cheesecake. The White Chocolate Nutrition Facts say for 1/2 Cup of this pudding, it is 70 Calories, 0 Fat, 0 Fiber. If I figured this right it is 1/2 Cup=1 Point. That is if you use Fat Free Milk. Anyone feel free to add me to your yahoo messenger, my signature name is cowgirl73160. Be back later!!

Lisa
Old 01-15-2006, 01:02 AM   #163  

Default leg cramps

Cheryl,

I used to go to TOPS, a weight loss group. I had a very foolish way of losing weight. I would eat too much for a few days after the meeting, then practically starve myself for a couple of days before the meeting. I called it my feast and famine diet. I would get terrible leg cramps during the night on those "famine" days. I don't exactly know why, unless I was throwing my whole body out of whack, or dehydrated. TOPS stands for "Take Off Pounds Sensibly", but I sure wasn't!

I haven't gotten any leg cramps since I started this diet; because I am eating sensibly (so far!) But I never got cramps from too much exercise, because I don't exercise like I should! I keep reading about all the exercise you ladies do; and it did inspire me to take a long walk one day this week!

I do know that however you get cramps they are very painful; I don't know if it would help you to drink more water, or take calcium pills which some recommend. I hope you find a remedy, so you can get a good night's sleep!
Old 01-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #164  

Gail one time when l used to go to the gym a young trainer told me to drink lots of water to keep the leg cramps at bay. l too still need to up my exercising, went to the birthday party last night, they did a pig pickin. l did not eat a lot but when l got home l blew it. l had not 1 but 2 packs of ritz bits cheese crackers. Oh well next time l will do better if invited out, will make sure l have a veggie snack tray ready when l get home. Cowgirl l too have trouble getting up these days, my 7 year old laughs at me. And if l stay in one position to long my hip stiffens up, l have a lot of pain with it and am hoping by losing some weight that it will help that. lt looks like everyone is doing great so far.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:16 PM   #165  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Default Monday Weigh-In Coming Up!

Yep..it's almost Time for the Truth! I don't think I have lost weight any this week...I just don't feel like I have...so any loss of ounces will be OK with me as long as I haven't gained. Have pretty much stuck to my plan....did my Pilates yesterday for the first time...and plan on getting it done today.

Tuesday morning, we'll be riding our motorcycle down to The Keys with 20-30 other bikes from our local Harley Chapter. Looong trip. Should be fun and the weather looks good! I'll be doing my weigh-in tomorrow, then be back with ya'll on Friday morning.

Good Luck, 50-Chicks!
Closed Thread