Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Back again ladies...still don't have much time to post though...just another quickie to thank Susan for the card and picture of cute lil miss Gaby! She's so cute and getting so big! Also, MINDEE, if you are out there lurking thanks a bunch for the card! Hope all is well with you and yours and you are enjoying that new baby! Miss ya here! Will try to post more tomorrow or at least Wednesday...busy, busy, busy! Take care all
Old 12-19-2005, 10:56 PM   #17  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi ladies,

Angie - hope you're feeling better today, without much mouth pain. Jeez, ya gotta wonder just how big Tanner would've been if he hadn't been early!!

Katy -I think it's such a cool idea for you and DH to get the family membership to the community center as an alternative to other gifts. I love buying things for stockings! I got Katie some nail polish, emery boards, toe socks, and lip smackers for hers.

Michelle - glad you got your DD home before the icy started. Stay safe, ok?

Connie - sorry to hear about the food poisoning. Hope you're better now.

Jules - hope your day is going well.
Cristi - hiya. You're a busy gal today!

A big thank you to Susan, Marti and Mindee for the cards. And Susan, the picture of Gaby is so precious!

Same ol', same ol' today. Cleaning and laundry. I just can't believe it's so close to Christmas, can you?

Gotta run,
Old 12-20-2005, 12:05 AM   #18  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies,
Connie, that is yucky eh...drink your fluids...and wash down as much things as you can,,,contageous.
Katy,,,like Jane said,,,that is such a good gift...it gives the whole year.
Cristi,,,hi ya! Catch your breath soon...lol
Susan,,,good to know you won't be doing the one liners...grrr specially if its them latta,,,those are expensive. I sleep with Monte and Skittles and well sometimes the both of them just keep my up half the night,,,and funny thing is Monte says I never wake him. I think I toss and turn alot when I sleep.
Jane,,,like you not much happening,,,cleaning.
Mouth is sore but not bad..
Have to say Im pretty happy I didn't wig out at the dentist office. I do love my dentist. Of course can't say the same at the pharmacy,,,crying while standing inline for my atavan...how pathetic. Then I had to go back for pain relievers. The guy was cool,,,of course he would remember me so he asked how things went,,,since I was more or less stoned I said I was really good. And here I was thinking all the way to the office I should take two,,even though it said take one,,,I was thinking since Im a big girl I should have two..no logic when in panic mode must say. Now I think if I had taken that second one I would of been hard to get back home,,,and probably would of been drooling,,,nothing to do with the freezing. Could just picture it now,,,neighbours of course are outside when we pull up and Monte is trying to get me in the house,,,neighbours would think,,,*poor guy so sweet and stuck with that drunk...tsk tsk tsk... See Im finding humour in my experience.
Will be a couple of months before I can get myself in there for the crown. Took me seven yrs to do this...
we have a potluck lunch tomorrow...Im bringing a hot nibbly thing. and a secret santa gift.
Well off to bed I go,,,night all
Old 12-20-2005, 01:03 PM   #19  
One day at a time

Smile

Hello ladies

Wassssuuuuup?! Everyone seems to be busy, busy, busy! But then it is only 5 days till Christmas...still have a couple of little things to get which I will pick up tomorrow when I do my grocery shopping and I am done. I swear...next year I will not procrastinate. Through out the year I saw stuff and thought it would be a great Christmas gift for so and so and then thought, nah, it's too early to think about Christmas! NOT! It's never too early! But...the problem I have is...the kids shopping for themselves and buying what they want through the year and come Christmas they don't need or want anything. So what do ya get? Hmmmm... oh, it was so much easier when they were young. Anywho...

Did I mention all the snow we got?! Not really sure how much, but too much! I think it is around 4 inches, or so it seems. The streets are still a little bit icy in spots, the side streets that is. But the main streets are clear. Supposed to be in the 50's by the end of the weeks so it will be gone soon.

JANE~I think it was you who asked...Josh goes back to Fort Benning, GA-January 2nd. Then he will come home for a week or two, think it is just one, and we are not sure where he is off to then. They've changed his orders 3 times so who knows. I'm hoping it is still Fort Riley so he will be closer to home.

ANGIE~hope you are feeling better today! I too dread going to the dentist but have put it off way too long. So come January I am headed there. Geez, you had some big babies, yikes! My biggest was 8 lbs. 15 oz. which was Josh. To me they were tiny but everyone thought they were all big. I have two friends who had 10 pounders! Pam is this tiny thing that weighed 110 if that and gained almost 70lbs.! She was huge and looked like she was having triplets, or more! Just one big little boy and she lost every pound right after having him. I couldn't imagine...

CONNIE~sure hope you get to feeling better. Here I've been complaining about our cold weather and your is 6 degrees! We are supposed to warm up today to a whopping 32! So hopefully some more of this snow will melt. Poor little Ernie dog has had a time going potty-he's so small the snow just about covers him. Too cute though and he loves playing in the snow!

SUSAN~again thank you for the card and pic of Gaby. So are you and Rocky on again or are you guys just staying friends? Can't remember or keep up sometimes.

KATY~I agree with the others in that that is a great gift for the family! It's a gift that keeps on giving and keeps the family together and healthy, what more could you ask for?!

MICHELLE~Happy Belated Birthday to your son! And yes, they do grow up too fast. Seems like yesterday the kids were little and now they have grown into fine young adults. Sometimes I think about it and it makes me feel old but for the most part I forget that I am 46 years young! When my parents were that age I thought they were ancient but I think 46 today is a whole lot different and I don't feel that age whatever it is supposed to feel like.

Hi to everyone else

Today is a slow day for me. Had to run a couple of errands this morning and now just need to catch up on laundry, do a little dusting and vacuum! V and I are headed out to see more lights tonight after dinner. Last week we went to see a couple of displays. The one we were going to wasn't on until Thursday so we went to the other two. One was really nice...they had the whole park done and you drive through the park. This is the one we went to years ago but decided to see it again since we were over that way. So we were driving through the neighborhoods also and the one the whole block lined their yards in white lights and most did some white lights on their houses, some did color lights but it was awesome! I took pics and am hoping they turn out. I thought it was great that the neighborhood got together to do that. Our block is a dudley block. I hope I never quit putting up lights! Anyway, the newspaper had some blocks & houses listed that are supposed to be nice so we are going to check them out. Then drive by the church to see their display and donate some can goods.

Take care ladies and I hope you all are having a wonderful day!
Old 12-20-2005, 02:48 PM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ladies!!

My computer has been occupied by my hubby, and the programs that he's been playing with has slowed the computer down quite a bit. I haven't been able to get online for a couple days.

It's been really busy for me around here, I can't believe this weekend is Christmas! And to think I'm doing last minute shopping!! Oh the headaches!

Sorry that this has to be short. James says that he should be finished w/the computer soon and I can get on here faster and more often. So just know that I haven't disappeared, just taking turns!

Hugs to all!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:17 PM   #21  
One day at a time

Back again for just a few minutes...

MARTI~was wondering where you were off to missy! Totally understand sharing the computer. Since Josh has been home we are back to scheduling our time! It's something he really missed while being away. Thanks goodness V hardly gets on and Jason has his own. Try not to get too stressed from everything and remember to breathe...

Anyway...the reason I am back I wanted to share this with you ladies, just received it in the mail from a local church.

HOLIDAY CRUNCH

Ingredients:

9 trips to the mall
6 dozen cookies to bake
2 school Christmas programs to attend
47 gifts to wrap
2 office parties
65 cards to write
1 house to decorate
1 checkbook to balance

Quickly combine as many ingredients as possible. Shake well. Stress and hassle to taste.

Just thought it was cute. Hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays and not getting stressed!
Old 12-20-2005, 05:02 PM   #22  
Give me strength

Cristi,,,oh so true...well not the christmas school concerts. Tanner missed his due to his rehearsals.
O buy year round..small lil things and then figure out what goes to whom. So much easier. I put some music on,,,burn a christmas candle and enjoy.
Marti your James sounds like my Tanner,,,he took over the computer and wouldn't let me back on...had to threaten grounding. guess you can't do that with James...lol
I normally eat a light lunch...cup of noodle soup...but today we had our office potluck and did I ever enjoy it. Mostly veggies with low cal dressing. Nibbled on some crab dip though,,,yikes hate to think how many points in 2 TB. So now Im feeling all sleepy...need a nap.
Not much else happening,,,my PI boss called to ask if I would renew my license...arghh what for? I don't really want to. Monte then brought up,,,never know they may need a woman for a really awesome job,,,Im holding out for the trip to Mexico...lol
Well I have been home for an hour and have cleaned up everything around the house...gonna go take that nap.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:54 PM   #23  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Angie - aww, I think you should definitely renew your PI license just to say you have it, if for no other reason. I think it would be so cool to have one! Be sure and get the crown on your tooth, or it will break off. Don't ask how I know this. Your office party sounds like fun.

Cristi - you ought to get the wireless router so you both can use the computer at the same time. Katie and I used to "disagree" on who's turn it was, lol. LOVE the holiday crunch recipe, lol!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. Yep, it was me who asked about Josh. Well, at least he isn't going overseas! I don't think you mentioned the snow. We're supposed to have temps around 40 for Christmas.

Marti - see what I wrote to Cristi about wireless, lol. It's nice of you to share, though. Do you have much more preparations for Christmas? Are you cooking at home?

Speaking of that, the kids and grandkids will be here Christmas Eve around 3pm, then Mary and her family and Katie will be here on Christmas Day at noon. Terry and Gina and the kids will be here at supper time. Also, Neal's brother Paul will be here for the evening meal, too. I am just trying to not gain weight between now and the new year! Like last year, I'm not serving nearly the amount of "goodies" as in years past, but it's still hard. Something tells me January will be a month to buckle down for several of us.

My oven is on the fritz, but the repairman is coming Friday am. I have to be hme then anyway for a delivery of a new dining room table and 8 chairs. The table with the leaves in makes into 96" long. Just what I need for my family dinners.

Gotta run... see you later.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:06 PM   #24  
Give me strength

Woweeee big table...is that your christmas gift?

I am hoping one day to get a new table...only cause this one is pretty banged up...still its nice and I can always put a table cloth over it. The chairs are new...wroght iron,,,and fabric that matches the house,,golds, sage green and burgandy.
I went and signed the contract,,,so for another 53 weeks I am a card carrying...funny thing the other day I tried to read this book,,,it was just too boring for me. It was from the Carly Phillips,,,the charactor was a PI and she worked for Hammer PI. Maybe thats why I thought it was boring cause I do find PI work boring most times,,,there are times when its hair raising...lol But I work for Hammer PI too.
Well I think Im going to get Monte tickets to stage west for his birthday,,,a nice dinner and theatre. Hes been wanting to do that for years...or possibly yuk yuks...still unsure of which of the two.
well Im making this fabulous dinner...cubed chicken breast,,,shrimp,,,lots of garlic, pasta and some sauce,,,no the sauce is not WW. Ill eat less pasta and double up on salad.
well off to finish my gourmet dinner...ha
Old 12-21-2005, 11:57 AM   #25  
kitty Momo

I think the PI work sounds so great Angie! I would renew.

Mike sent a box for Gaby, actually 2 and I opened the gifts. Though I did leave 2 for her to open because most of the packages were clothes. I just KNEW that, moms 6th sense. There was a nice pink Columbia coat but most were too old for her, some looked like what a 10 year old would wear and the socks were too big and he bought her 3 packs of underwear. I am going through the process of not being angry.
He had his lady friend wrap the presents and I know she picked them out. The same lady that got on the stand and testified the longest about what a horrible mother I am. I know she was the one that would tell him that he didn't have to tell me where he was taking her when I asked. I resent her.
It would have been nice for him to pick the presents out and wrap them. It would have been nice if he made some effort to see Gaby after 6 months and he does this present thing to make him feel good. Where have you been for most of her life??
Last Christmas he did the same thing and took pictures of all that he bought and showed them in court. What a jerk. Too bad I haven't taken pictures of all that I have bought Gaby.
3 packs of underwear and socks doesn't make up for the father that he hasn't been.
I just don't want this lady involved either not after what she said about me and her coming off like she knows *%$#. She didn't have a relationship with him and have his child while he was strung out on drugs. I did. I had to live through that and manage to provide for a baby when I had too.
I didn't get to take off for the coast and be a bum, get my life together.
I had to get my life togeter while caring for the girls,and making sure we had a place to live and food on the table............only in the end to lose 2 of the girls when they moved in with their father.....because I had to work.................whhaaaaaa and spend 2 1/2 years without them , busting my butt to get a promotion to be ble to live off site.

Only for him to buy her underwear and socks that are too big!! What the heck man. ......ugh and to have her name on one of the boxes and his box shows he lives in Washington and his cell phone. Excuse me - you are suppose to let me know that information! Jerk.....

k- enough venting. Feliz Navidad!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 12-21-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:01 PM   #26  
One day at a time

Hi ladies!

Just a quickie for now...I'm relaxing for a few minutes and eating breakfast before heading out again! But wanted to drop by and say HI and...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNIE!!

See ya later
Old 12-21-2005, 01:24 PM   #27  
kitty Momo

I forgot to answer Cristi. Rocky and I are friends, close friends, he is my best friend. We never stopped talking. He just is so sweet and adores me - hard to pass that up -lol
Just never wanted to see other guys or have an interest in pursuing anything. I enjoy being by myself and don't really want to turn my life upside down by moving to Hawaii at this moment.
My own thought is I will marry Rocky someday. He seems ok with what we have for today and while at times it is lonely he is the one I turn to for support and to vent. He always has time for me and makes me laugh. All my kids would have to go with me in a move and I don't see that happening for some time.
Gaby & I will go in April for 2 weeks, that is when his birthday is and I wanted to be there for that.So, that is that.-
Old 12-21-2005, 02:39 PM   #28  
kitty Momo

Happy Birthday Connie!!!

(have some cake, it is ok!)
Old 12-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #29  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies!

Happy Birthday Connie!!! Hope you have a very Happy Birthday and that your family waits on you all day long!

My computer is slowly getting back to normal. It didn't take me forever to have the popup box for the smilies to show up!!

But until it is back to normal, I will make my post shorties. I just don't want to look like I've taken off and forgotten about you all!

Things here are going pretty good. I got all my shopping done and now all I need to do is wrap. Which is what I'm off to do. Anyone else want to come over and do it for me????????

I will check in again soon.

Hope you are all enjoying the Christmas Holiday and are getting a chance to actually relax some before Christmas!

Hugs to all!
Old 12-21-2005, 05:58 PM   #30  
One day at a time

I'm baaack!

Busy day...did my grocery shopping this morning at wally world and then headed over to Target to get a couple of things that I couldn't find at Wal-Mart. Wal-mart was getting very busy when I left at 10 but Target was almost empty, kind of weird. Lot of people just out and about though. Came home to take a breather and then was off to Barnes & Noble and Hallmark and my dogs are barking, good to be home.

SUSAN~sorry that Mike is such a dummy. They always say it's the thought that counts but if Gaby can't wear the clothes he bought for years to come then it seems kind of pointless. You would think the woman would have taken into account that she is 4, or is she 3? Well, either way...maybe she thought she was a BIG 4 year old! Or maybe he really did buy it...guys never know what size kids are. Well, anyway...I'm glad that you and Rocky can/are friends. And who knows, maybe one day you guys will marry. He is a sweetie!

MARTI~well, glad you can pop in for a few minutes. We miss you around here. I'd be happy to help you wrap! Seriously! That is if we lived close to one another. I so enjoy wrapping gifts, think it is the fun part. Hope you got it all done.

JANE~that would be great to have if we had another computer. Jason has his laptop and has his own phone line and then the rest of us share this one. I almost bought Josh his own and was going to get another phone line for it but with him being gone there was no point...he won't be home to use it. Most of the time though there's no problem with me and DD. I usually get on during the day and she gets on in the evening so it works out perfect. Hope they get your stove fixed Friday. That would be horrible to be without one for the holiday. Hope you love your new dining room furniture! And just in time for your Christmas dinner!

ANGIE~I am going to do that this coming year. There were some goodies I saw through the year and they were perfect. Just make sure I keep the receipts in case I have to take anything back and not start too early, maybe June, July...I too was going to say I would renew the PI license...and I agree about the christmas programs...that was one thing I so enjoyed about the holiday when the kids were little. That and baking cookies together. Actually...the only things I didn't care for was balancing the checkbook and the trips to the mall. Everything else I enjoyed A LOT!

Hi to everyone else!

I am so hating my dryer!!! I want to pull my hair out! Guess I am going to have to have someone come look at it because it is beeping like crazy and won't dry the clothes. I pulled the book out to see what E:01 means and the check lint light is on. Well, I have checked the lint a zillion times, even vacuumed it and V pulled it out yesterday and unhooked the hose and there is nothing clogging it so I have no idea what that means. Just that it keeps beeping and at some point it turns the dryer off. Driving me looney! Anyway, I better get going and go turn it off and try starting it again, third times a charm right?! Take care ladies!
Closed Thread