Old 12-21-2005, 06:52 AM   #151  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile photos...

Here's a photo of where I was this morning...ocean and island of Sado are vaguely visible in the background in upper right...

On the right is a photo of Nozomi, one of my three...

Last edited by redballoon; 07-23-2006 at 05:46 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:19 AM   #152  
Egy Kis Lany

Day 8 Pilates/Lifting Challenge COMPLETED last night with 60 min. pilates.
Day 9 Pilates/Lifting Challenge COMPLETED this morning with 20 min. pilates.

I always feel a nice -stretch- when I do my pilates in the morning that I just don't get after I've been up and working all day. I don't have time to do the 60min, though, and the 20 isn't giving me a burn anymore. I think that I'll be glad to move on to lifting -- then I can always feel like I'm doing something substantial.

Also: I'm wearing a new pair of slacks today, size 10, and they make my butt look cute! I forgot to cut the stitching on the pockets, though, so I can't make proper use of them and that's a pain!

I'm jealous of Japan... *sigh* Wait, that doens't make sense. I'm jealous of Red in Tokyo...
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:10 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Hello Everyone!

Day 2/21 - Abs!
Day 4/21 - under 1800

Sorry about the recipes Red! I think that calorie/fat content on them aren't too bad. I figure that I could have 2 without it killing my diet - but as you know, I am eating more calories than most dieters do (so far). I'll take them down and people can just message me if they want them! Thanks for the pictures! Beautiful view! Your cat is ADORABLE!

Carla - I don't know if I can explain this as well as Joy would be able to... but you can have Word and 3FC side by side. On the very top right, you should see the minimize, resize and close buttons (a line, a box and an X). Hit the middle one - the box/resize button. That should shrink it up (on both the Word and 3FC). Then hover your cursor over the edge of the internet browser or Word doc. This should bring up arrows going either way. Click and hold (hold the click ) and drag until you are satisfied. I recommend putting one on top and one on the bottom. If you do it side by side, it may make it a bit trickier to work with! Hope that helps!

So glad your size 10's fit Phys!! Woo hoo!!!
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:36 AM   #154  
Exercise Queen

Cool

Sorry Red I didn't know posting recipes on this thread was a no no. I'll go take mine down. IT is a low cal. version, but I would not want to be anyones down fall!

Phys- Congrats on the size 10s you ROCK!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:30 AM   #155  
Cynical RedHead

Red, your kitty is adorable! The ski slopes looked gorgeous as well.

I am back to day 1. Yesterday was a horrible, rotten, no-good day at work. I didn't get home until 11 p.m., I didn't work out, and I ate under 900 calories, almost 200 of which were a huge glass of wine when i finally got home.

I am still crazy busy at work, but the day seems to be going better, so i thought I would pop in and say hello. "Hello!"

Chat more later!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #156  
Never give up

Stage!! Ees!! Don't take your recipe down!!! I was kind of kidding and, like I said, they WERE lowcal recipes, right? I was worried about seeing the thread turn into some recipe corner of NOT lowcal NOR healthy recipes. You'll have to get used to my humor. I usually am saying things "tongue in cheek" and I was worried of what was to come! not what was up there. Please don't take me wrong!

Last edited by redballoon; 12-21-2005 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:53 PM   #157  
Egy Kis Lany

Gosh, Red, way to make her feel bad.

*wink*

(I guess I'll try and learn to start dishing it out around here...)
Old 12-21-2005, 03:12 PM   #158  
Never give up

Smile

Monring, all. Up early, gotta get out. Just wanted to say that my challenge is still on track, have to figure out the days. Probably is somewhere like Day 5 for caffeine, Day 6 for crunches. The last two nights I did the crunches very late, but I did them! Hurrah! Glad you liked the photos. The cat is a "she." She's very strange, uncannily smart, not a cuddler but wants to be near me. I found her starving in a park but came up to me and wouldn't leave me be. I named her "Nozomi" because it means "hope," or "wish" and it was in tribute to whatever it was that kept her going, some hope of being taken in and cared for or something. It was all she had as she probably would have died very soon after if I hadn't put her in my backpack, turned around and brought her back home and then went to work.

Phys -- make who feel bad? stage? NO! stage! ees! Phys, dishing what out?!? I am the only one who gets to dish it out around here!! And carla and Shad usually can't be stopped so they do it too! We are older and wiser and can't be changed at this point! and DON'T be jealous of me in Japan!! You would most likely NOT want to be here if you were! It is a horrible, horrible place and as for the work in the mountains, it being beautiful was my only payment. All I got to do was look and ask questions and take pictures. Didn't even leave there with a meal in me, but they did drive me to the station, after which it was a three-and-a-half hour train ride home with four transfers. At the resort, it was all so out-of-limits for me. Some of the rooms went for $2,000 a night!! It was making me irritated and depressed thinking of how people can and do spend their money. What would I care, I was thinking? Do they think I was going to write about this? Then again.... At this resort, they say they have people flying in there by helicopter. The life of a reporter is one where you had better learn NOT to be jealous! or at all bitter. You get to mingle with the rich and famous and go to their playgrounds, but you can't go in and play yourself!

Last edited by redballoon; 12-21-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:31 PM   #159  
Egy Kis Lany

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballoon
Stage!! Ees!! Don't take your recipe down!!! I was kind of kidding and, like I said, they WERE lowcal recipes, right? I was worried about seeing the thread turn into some recipe corner of NOT lowcal NOR healthy recipes. You'll have to get used to my humor. I usually am saying things "tongue in cheek" and I was worried of what was to come! not what was up there. Please don't take me wrong!
This is what my comment referred to -- but just joking.

I didn't know that you were a reporter. I'm glad to hear you 'report' that your challenge is still on track! Until tomorrow -- with hopefully another day to mark down...
Have a great evening!
Old 12-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #160  

Day 19 SWN. Only 2 more days to go. Thanks for all the tips. I'm thinking about 1 fast day, only water, 1 fruit day, and then 1500 cals. My husband will be out of town for a couple of days between X-mas and New Year's so I'll start then...
Fish, I'm sure you will do fine, you counted cals on Thanksgiving for goodness sakes!!! I'm sorry about having to go back to day one.
I have to go, my son is miserable today! Bye!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:58 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

It's 2pm here, not sure if I was missed, but I sure missed you.
Company shotdown is comming up and today our boss took us for Lunch. I am glad she picked a sushi place, though my choices were semi-good. I did have some tempura. If all works on Friday I am going up to Lake Tahoe. NO skiing but may be some cross contry ski or just playing in the snow.
Food and challenge behaviour have been really bad. Mainly because I've not gone to the gym. Why? I feel like I cannot push myself. I am still strong and the other day even after taking a tiny piece of chocolate I looked at it and w/o remorse threw it into the trash. Felt good...seriously, I wanted to grab all of the chocolate in the office and throw it away. Strange me.
The water challenge is the only challenge I was doing really well on. I am starting to even crave water, one thing though it is uncomfortable as I have to leave the meetings several times a day to go use the restroom.
Challenge A( 3 bottles of water): Level 2 (-2) - DAY 16 (Dec 20)
Challenge C( no food after 7pm): Level 3 (-3) - DAY 15 (Dec 20)
Challenge B( daily gym - 1h, or some other major physical activity no less than 3 hours): Level 3 (-0) - I don't know when I will start. I am hoping if I do go to Tahoe, I will be active and outside full days, so I can then start my challenge and continue when I return.
Thank you for all the warm birhtday wishes. I am very fortunate to have found all of you.... Happy Holiday wishes if I do not talk before the holidays.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:09 PM   #162  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day 16! 1211 calories AND today was my christmas party at work... i am so proud of myself ... No cake, no candy, no cookies... and believe me there were a lot of tempting things!!!

p.s. Red your kitty is sooooooo cute!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:11 PM   #163  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default This is the resident grouch speaking:

Apparently I am allowed to get stuck in and dish it out - so I probably will!!!

Curly - you are a star. All things going on around you and you keep on keeping on.

CBETA - there are times when you just feel that you can't carry on any longer. Sometimes it is because the body has just taken enough and refuses to carry on. When that happens to me, I just set a new date a couple of days into the future to go back to it. I had one of these sessions about 2 weeks back and I took 4 days off the gym, then pushed back into it. That works for me.

Red - sounds funny to me that you weren't able to look at the luxury and feel the quality - how are you supposed to give a good report if you don't know what you are looking for? Here, they take the travel reporters in, quarter them over night, ply them with food and drink and then dare them to say something bad!!!! Love the pics. Lucky Nozomi. She found you to look after her. She looks well enough now.

I've fallen off the challenge again. But not badly - just not thinking straight, only I don't have a pause day left so sliding down the snakes and back to square one. Too bad. After Christmas will see me back in the groove again.

I think I posted some pictures here of the weekend trip to Tamborine and Currumbin. Now they are on the website so if you want to go see some beautiful birds, a croc or two or a koala up a gumtree, and the wicked witch of the east casting a spell or two, click this link. http://community.webshots.com/album/526442762KjOrFi and enjoy. The slideshow is the best way to view them.

Gotta go. Morning tea is happening today. More food than you know what to do with. I shall be good.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:41 PM   #164  
Exercise Queen

Smile

Alright you all are freakin me out just a bit. Some day I will learn what is tongue in cheek and what isn't. By the way DH tells me often that I have no sense of humor. Which is not exactly true, I just don't always think his jokes are funny.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:16 PM   #165  

Just checking in!

Finishing up day 17 on my no soda challenge!!

Oh man, I didn't realize I was so close !

I counted it twice to make sure!!

I am at 552 min on my exercise goal of 800 min for December. I just gotta keep it going, and going, and going (energizer bunny) (close enough LOL).

Good luck all!

Tina
justkeepswimming is offline   Reply With Quote