Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 07:39 PM   #31  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good Evening Ladies,,,
Marti,,,hate when that happens. I need to update my anitvirus right away...

Jules,,,I have seen some strange things too...I once was driving and saw a couple more or less making out,,,he had to have been doing about 110 km *shudder to think,,,definetly crack their teeth against each other..lol

Em...*head down in shame,,I promise to drink only water or possibly green tea the rest of the day. ITs 5:30 Ive only had 1 glass of water and a huge cup of coffee all day. Could you not do some program for home schooled kids? I know that at the YMCA they have home school programs all the time...would of liked to do a few but it was during the time Tanner was in school...that could be a problem...lol

Well Tanner is really sick,,,with the flu. Pukey and just down right icky feeling, Called his agent and she was cool...knows how he feels since she too just got over the flu.
Im on a mission to clean as much as I can tonight,,,hate all this germy stuff around me. The Virgo is coming out..stand back people!
Did some shopping,,,my brother Garrette got a karaoke machine for christmas,,,well he doesn't know he has. Hes 22 but because complications at birth lack of oxygen he is mentally more 10 or so. So I bought him 3-2packs of CD's ...oh the fun we are going to have Christmas. I told Monte Id like to buy one...lol
well I need to get in my cleaning frenzy.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:38 PM   #32  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening ladies. I have settled in all snuggly with plans to answer mail and visit websites. DH went out for awhile and is bringing home the dreaded pizza later. Sounds like everyone is so busy here.
Jane- We have been fine tuning our plan for over a year and finally had it drawn up and plans made. Then this last builderhad a model home of another plan and we liked it. BUT DH says we will do our original plan if the price is right. That old price thing!
Cristi- I haven't tried shopping online, but would really like to. DH is so paranoid about someone stealing our credit info. I am also, but not to his extent. I know what you mean about rude people. I thought the holidays were supposed to bring out the best in people, but I don't know where the best got off to...sure don't see it much. Here the problem is pedestrians, they run in front of you like they are daring you. Sometimes they even yell obsenities at drivers like the driver is at fault. Every day there is a hit and run or just some one run over listed in the paper.
Marti- I hate it when that happens with the computer. My Dell in Indiana gave me nothing but trouble when I was home. I guess I will find someone to work on it when I get back. It needs completely wiped out and re-done. I did that myself on the old one with Windows 98, but the XP was a different story.
Jules- The Slim and tone sounds good. I would like to do Curves and actually might when we get back to IN. It is close to us there. I have no idea where it is out here, but I am not comfortable going into some of the places here. Little town girl here not used to the big city.
EM-I don't get to go to my DGS's little programs since he is in CA. But I did always enjoy those things. I did get to go to my DGD's program when I was home. She is a freshman in HS though...and while not as cute as the little guys it was a wonderful musical evening. Some of those kids really have great voices. DGD did not have a solo, but she is a terrific singer and dancer.
Angie- Hope Tanner is better. .6 isn't a great gain...could be just water like mentioned. It sounds like you are doing real well. I have just given up AGAIN. But, my day will come.
Susan- UGH..cream of mushroom doesn't do a thing for me either. I do like cream of brocolli or potato however. I have been reading your tales of the workplace. LOL. Makes me glad I don't work anymore.

Well, like I said I am trying to get some things done..ha..stopped for hot chocolate. I did get back to walking and have done at least 35 minutes each day. Hoping to get up to an hour or so. But it has been sooo windy. You take 2 steps forward and one back. But it sure makes your leg muscles tingle!

Well...have a great week-end all JL's. I am trying to get in the holiday mood...I have been "bah humbugging" it for too long.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:15 PM   #33  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

A big thank you to MaryKate, Jules and Connie for the sweet Christmas cards I got today.

Susan - wheat bread with soup sounds good. Soup sounds good. Everything sounds good!!!

Marti - hope your computer snafus are about over! I know how aggravating that can be.

Angie - sorry Tanner is sick. Will he get another shot at the audition? I'm so impressed that he was even asked to do one! If he gets the part, will we be able to see him in the US?

Em - Christmas is coming so fast and although I'm ready for it as far as gifts and dinner goes, I don't think I'm ready mentally, you know? I need another month, lol.

Jules - no, you don't have to read the Sue Grafton books in order to enjoy them. She gives a short update on the important stuff in each one. I think you'd really like the main character, Kinsey Millhone.

Cristi - hiya.

Sue - be careful if you go to Curves. More than one of my friends/acquaintences have hurt their knees there. And that really bites, too, because Curves is just the sort of place I would love, what with the social aspect of it.

Had lunch in town with 3 y/o Madison today. It was her first time at a special little "ladies luncheon" restaurant we have. She said the funniest thing - when our food was brought to the table, she goes, "Grandma, you didn't pay for this!" I tried to keep a straight face and explained that at some restaurants you can eat first, then pay. A waitress was cleaning off the next table, and she cracked up. When I told Mary about it later, she said they seldom go to those kinds of places, lol.

Btw, I did excellent at the restaurant, food-wise, then came home and raided a box of chocolates Neal was given at work.

Got my hair touched up and trimmed. My stylist said the gray is becoming harder and harder to absorb the dye. Boo hoo. You know what this means, don'tcha???

Better run - be good and take care.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:04 AM   #34  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning!

Just a note to say I'm in Neal's office right now. I came to work with him on his last day to walk out with him. After 32 years, I know he'll be sad, in a way, about leaving.

Have a good day, and I'll check in later.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:34 AM   #35  
ugggg.....

Jane--tell Neal Happy retirement, it amazing when the "retirees" come back to our office for a visit they all look younger and more relaxed! They all have tales of the fun stuff they have done. Makes me want to retire early!!
The joke is since I am 40, that when the rest of my staff retires I am really going with them because I don't want to retrain after a mass exodus...my staff consists of 5 ladies and a temp that comes in when we are busy....their ages are from lowest to highest, 58,60,61,62 (will retire early next year with her husband),66 (wants to wait to retire at 67) and my temp is a retiree that is 75. The psycho worker that didn't have work ethics and got by on her looks that got transferred was 35. The ladies always tell me I am not the supervisor I am their "activities director".
Old 12-16-2005, 03:04 PM   #36  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

Hi Jane. I second what Jules says, just don't let Neal slow down! You slow down you get old, y'know!

Have a great day!
Old 12-16-2005, 08:50 PM   #37  
kitty Momo

I am really tired but wanted to say hello - otherwise I will start another week of not saying anything.
I noticed on this site a lot of pop ups and spyware ads lately.
blah
We had a lease signing party today. I was in charge of cookies and punch and I bought bunches of balloons (red/white) to place in the community room. I thought it looked rather nice.We backed up quick and it was tiring. They called in my former boss and when he left he saw me with a cookie platter.Smartie Boss said "did you eat them all??" I just said "I am working on my 20 plus gain."
He is so small - just naturally thin. He eats carrots and apples all the time but also smokes. So, whatever. I would rather be chubby and not smoke.
Beck is sick - the girls start a 2 week vacation. I think we will get our tree tomorrow. I almost have all the XMAS cards out.
I did send Mike and his parents pictures. I wanted to get a 8x10 frame for that one pic I was going to give him.
I guess that is it. Going to go home and snuggle with Gabster.

adios!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:30 PM   #38  
GmaTo8

Jules and EM - aww, thanks from Neal and me both.

Susan - me too, about the chubby and not smoking!
Old 12-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #39  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

So Jane,,,how was it? Walking Neal out? I probably would of been crying...I got choked up reading you going to be there for him.

Susan,,,how many cookies did you have?

A big thank you for all the wonderful cards...

I had today off,,,ahhh what a nice feeling,,,slept in. Tanner is still sick so I again kept him home from school. The weather is nasty and just doesn't need to be trudging through that.
I did some many lil errands that needed doing. Did I mention I bought tickets for this thing called Cash and Carry for Cancer? It was like 3 for $100 Anyways I had almost forgot about it and they called to say I won! a Cordless phone AND answering machine which is so perfect. Both of ours was on its last leg.
Nothing else new...My brother Arden and his wife Heather will be coming over tomorrow. I got my bonus,,,3 dozen beer,,wahooo I hate beer...*shudder And because Monte is always bringing treats for my boss and the girls she gave him her chit (3 dozen beer) Ill take that to Sylvan.

well off to bed I go.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:46 AM   #40  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

Hey ladies,
got some excercise in today. 30 minutes of stretching and 300 stairs on the machine. But, I also went over my carb limit by about 10. I just feel so hungry today, I got four 8 oz. glasses of water in, but thats about it. The reason for the hunger I realize.
I was just on the "Fear of giving birth" thread in general chatter and only one person commented on my birth photos! I tried not to feel like a freak but I kind of did.
Still trying to get grounded here. On the last web board I was a frequent poster of, out there things like talk of eating the placenta after birth didn't raise too many a eyebrow. Have to remind myself not everyone is into looking at naked chicks giving birth and seeing the beauty I see! So, I'm trying to not be too 'hippy' and have people hate me. But, its me! Thats always the problem. I never fit in anywhere. Too 'mainstream' for the hippies, to hippie for the mainstreamers.
*sigh* I don't know. This is just my only social interaction I have these days and I relish every part of it! I can't wait until I move up to the Portland area. Maybe I'll meet some middle of the roaders like me.
Sorry for venting, just kinda bummed. Over the carb limit, and tired of these four walls, laundry, and Veggie Tales. On the upside, I did pick up my moms afghan and started knitting on it again. I haven't really knitted since Daphne was born...
You ladies have a wonderful OP day
Love to you all,
Katie

EM
Old 12-17-2005, 01:48 AM   #41  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

Just wanted to clarify: I did not eat my placentas LMAO
Old 12-17-2005, 09:00 AM   #42  
a work in progress

Good morning, ladies...

Had bad dreams and couldn't sleep, so decided to come here for a bit. WI is today, and I'm kind of dreading that -- was a challenging week. One night I was craving Mexican food and was a bad influence and dragged Tim to Chevy's with me -- not that he was exactly kicking and screaming. I probably made better choices that I would have if I wasn't on WW, but I know it wasn't pretty. And then they had the HUGE Christmas potluck at work....yikes! I brought a giant veggie tray with fat free ranch dip, but that doesn't mean I didn't eat anything else. At least, when everyone else went back for seconds, and thirds, I loaded up a plate with veggies and munched on that. I did have dessert, though. And haven't been good about my water...*sigh* And gotta make cookies today (will send most of them with Mike, who is leaving on a plane to visit Erik in SD for a week, since Erik couldn't get leave until after Christmas), have another party tonight, and dinner plans at a restaurant with friends on the 23rd...man, if I can just make it through the holidays without gaining it all back, I guess that would be good. This is hard.

EM...you mentioned something about missing kids' programs when you homeschool. I homeschooled my kids for 7 years, co-led the homeschool support group in our area, and wrote a homeschooling newsletter. Try to find a good support group, if that's the route you decide to go. We did a lot of field trips, activities, park days, end of the year "open house" for the kids to strut their stuff, Christmas programs, cooperative classes -- I taught algebra for a mixed group of 7th-12th graders, whew, that was a bit of a challenge Anyway, if you get into a good support group, you are likely to find some things your kids can participate in, and will meet other like-minded families. Oh, and is placenta approved on the Atkins plan???

Jane, this is a new beginning for Neal! I'm 42, but there is so much more I wish I could do -- classes I want to take, places I want to see, organizations that I'd love to offer volunteer hours -- 40 hours a week that could be better spent than just making a living.

Angie, hope Tanner starts feeling better soon. The flu bugs have been bad this year. I wish your employer would give you the option of cash instead of free beer for your bonus, since you hate beer. Could be worse...suppose you worked for a dentist, and he offered you a free...root canal for Christmas?

Ah, just heard the alarm go off...we go to the early early WW meeting on Saturday morning. Guess I'd better bite the bullet, buck up, go face the music (ie: the scale), and assess the damage done this week.

Hi to everyone else, and will talk to you soon!

Hugs,
Katiecat
Old 12-17-2005, 09:10 AM   #43  
RosieKate

Good morning, gals!

I finished the sweater I was knitting for my DS9! and he looks so darn cute, I didn't wait for Christmas, I just gave it to him. It's the Jesse's Flames from Stitch N'***** Nation. Wish I had a good pic for you but you can go here and look through the book to see the project http://www.knithappens.com/ It's the black sweater with the flames going up the sleeves. In other news, yesterday was the holiday program at DS' school, then he had a piano recital, so we were busy! He's ready for a break. DD4 was dragged along to all of the above and was none too gracious - bleah. We all snuggled up and watched the Incredibles last night then all was well.

EM - I didn't think you ate your placenta, but I did get your point. I for one would love to see your birth photos...but some aren't into the full glory of natural birth. You would most likely find more kindred spirits up here in Portland. Lots of moms I know are into attachment parenting, naturopathy, midwifery, you know hippy stuff A good friend of mine gave birth at home with both daughters and nary an aspirin to ease her discomfort. Not my cup of tea, but then I had 10 pound babies. I admired her for doing it, and btw, the placentas were buried under a rose bush in their front yard. I think they had a birthday ritual or something like that, because she kept the placentas in the freezer for awhile and had a very amusing story about her MIL stumbling upon them one day
I know with the babies, there's no social interaction. I felt like my brain was turning to mush. Can you get out for a little something for yourself once in awhile? I joined a book group when DD ws born and I really counted on that meeting once a moth - for a long time it was my only non-family interaction with folks.

Susan - thanks for the card - and I was feeling very smug all day because I was able to figure out where you lived by your clues (posted a long time ago when you moved), then I saw the return and I was right! Gaby is gorgeous - thanks for the pic. Now we need to get our girls together in person...after all you practically live down the street from me!

Jane - Congrats to Neal on his retirement - Now the fun really begins! If he is at all like my inlaws he will be busier than ever and very happy. Thanks for the card, btw.

I did receive cards from Connie, MaryKate, and Cristi - thank you all! I sent my usual email greeting this year which I hope you received. IF not, I will post the link to our photo page, which was part of the email:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rosiekate37/my_photos

Sorry I am such a wash out on the snail mail cards, but when my list got to be over 100, I had to scale back my efforts. Otherwise this is what I look like

Weightwise, I am managing to maintain, which is my usual goal this time of year. It's hard with all the treats around, but I am still hitting the gym 5 mornings a week. However, I have given away all the cookies and the house is now relatively junk food-free. We are going to sit down and plan some family outings that do not involve going to McD's or Burger King - that will help
Just had to throw those in cause they're cute!

Have a great day! Hi to anyone I neglected...try to get to more individuals later
K

Old 12-17-2005, 09:12 AM   #44  
RosieKate

Hi Katiecat - just missed you!

Old 12-17-2005, 09:32 AM   #45  
ugggg.....

Went out with my family for my birthday dinner last night. Due to the icy road condition of the back roads and not to mention our 600 foot uphill driveway we stayed close to home with a favorite Mexican restaurant--it was so good. My son tried something new and wasn't quite sure about it once he got it so I shared with him which helped since my plate was huge! I also took some home to share with my dogs, but I still ate what was probably way too many chips w/salsa and the dreaded cheese sauce while DH and I were waiting for the kids to get there. Son got me good--he got a platter that included what I think was a chili rellano(?)--he said that it reminded him of my eggplant parmesan--I asked if was hot and he said not at all--well it may have been not at all for him, but my eyes were watering and my nose running! He and DH both love hot stuff--I should have known better!
I only weigh once a week (on Tuesdays) and I am going to exercise extra and eat very healthy all the rest of the weekend. I am trying my best to even just maintain until after the holidays and have done it so far.
Got more Christmas cards..thanks Jane & Connie! EM thanks for the b-day wish!

Last edited by jules1216; 12-17-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Closed Thread