Old 12-17-2005, 11:08 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Tracey - Sorry to hear that you're sick. Hope you are better soon.

Chris - I am going to the DR. Monday if I feel the same & have had little sleep. I must say you are thr busiest person I've ever known!! How do you do it? How did the dance performance go?

Cindy - You're back!! We really missed ya! Here's to new beginnings & friends to lean on...

Alisha - BTW - I can't wait to see "dick & Jane" it looks so funny!!

carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 09:48 AM   #62  
Mommy9802

Wink Good Morning Ladies!!

Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing? Good i hope? Things are ok here, just cold!! But probaly not as bad as it could be its only like in the 20's. I am still feeling a little under the weather, hopefully tomorrow i will be better. I am ready to get back to excercising....its just hard, when you feel achy and tired, you know?

Cara: You really do need to get PLENTY of rest, which i know is EASIER said then done when your a mommy but do try hard!! And if you are not better soon, go see a doctor...crazy girl!! BTW Doesnt that Dick and Jane look hilarious..i think i might wait for it to come out on dvd before i see it, i hate paying movie theater prices!!

Cynthia: Those A**holes!! You poor thing, you have been through so much with your house! I am glad it is FINALLY over, but i am sad/mad it didn't work out the way you wanted it too!! Good luck to getting back to plan, if you need it we will KICK you in the booty....to get you movin And don't worry about venting thats what we are all here for!!

Chris: How was the performance?

Tea: Doesn't it just suck bieng sick...i hate it more when my kids are sick.....i think i need to take stock in lysol, i have been buying so much of it the last couple of months.....lol

Well ladies i am going to jump off here i want to get some wrapping done....i will chat with you all later! Have a WONDERFUL day!!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:10 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies. I have been so off program this week and to make it worse, I have gained back almost 3 pounds over the last 2 weeks! I am so disappointed in myself. I have singlehandedly made sure that I will not reach my new years goal. I am going to work extra hard the next 2 weeks to make sure I at least get close to my goal. In this journey, failure is Not an Option. I will keep my calories below 1500 daily, drink a min of 64oz water, and use my Kathy Smith dvd every other day (except Christmas eve and Christmas day)
Sorry I have not posted in the last 4 days. I have not had time to get online since the kids have been home from school since Thursday because of that ice storm. They have been stuck in the house and they have been wild, lol. All I have got done is picking up after them, lol.

Cara I hope you feel better soon
Cindy- Sorry the deal fell through on your house. Hopefully you'll find a serious buyer soon. At least you finally get to move out of that hotel room and into a real house again

Everyone else, I hope you are doing well. And consider this board lysol'd, LOL.

I'll check back in tomorrow
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:58 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 255/248/155

Height: 5'3''

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and wanted to introduce myself. I am a SAHM to two boys, ages 4 and 6. We are also homeschooling this year.

It seems like you guys have a great support system in these message boards. I love all the goal trackers in the signatures.

Thanks
Chris
CrispyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:20 AM   #65  

CrispyMama - So happy you found us!!! Welcome to our group!! You're gonna love it here!! We've got support to spare!!!

Amanda - Whew - you've been busy. I am with you. I've gained back weight in a week. But we can get on schedule. I am revising my goal since I will not be able to lose 14 pounds in a couple of weeks. But I am not letting myself off the hook either.

Hello to all & see ya later this afternoon.
Oh - yeah, I slept most of the night (had to b/f once) but I feel so much better. I knew it was the sleep!!

carafre
Old 12-18-2005, 05:27 PM   #66  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all..one more dance performance today. I am too busy. I can't keep up with it all and I wish things would settle down. I'm about wore out.

Just had to say hey to everyone. I need to get some things done and some presents wrapped. Then we're going to go to my MIL's house and heist gifts from her closet while she's gone. She has all these presents she's gotten over the years, still in the boxes, that she's never used, so we are going to take them while she's gone and rewrap them and give em back to her on Christmas as a little Christmas joke. That's the sense of humor of the family. She'll get a kick out of it.

Talk to you all later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #67  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hello Amanda! Sorry to hear about the ice storm. Those are the worst, even worse than blizzards in my opinion. Hope you didn't have any damage.

Hi Chris (the new one!). Welcome to 3fc and to our Slimmin' SAHMmies thread! Good luck with your weight loss goals. I've got one son who's 16 months old, and we're planning on home educating him, too! I'm not sure how to go about it, but I've already found a support group in my area and I'm sure I'll get the hang of it when the time comes. Although, as parents we start educating our kids at home from the time they're born, don't we?!

Hi other Chris! That's hilarious about the presents in your MIL's closet! Hope she gets a kick out of it! That's something my family would do, too!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Carafre, so glad you're feeling better after getting some much-needed rest! But don't overdo it now, okay?

Well, I'm slowly getting back into the swing of eating well. We went to the mall today, and at the food court I made some healthy choices (veggies and fruit), and at Starbucks tonight I got plain coffee and no milk or vanilla syrup in it (although... I DID get a cookie... oops!).

We're closing on our new house tomorrow afternoon, yay! It will finally be over (which I'm sure you will all be happy about, since I've been complaining about this whole relocation for 3 months!).

Okay, time to go. The Bears are playing the Falcons tonight, which is my favorite team versus Tim's favorite team, so I think I'll pop some corn, get my bottle of water, and watch Chicago kick some butt. See ya later!

Cindy
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:08 PM   #68  
goin' for goal!

S/C/G: 234.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi. Really need encouragement and motivation. I get really motivated, then a short time later, I'm stuffing myself with lots and lots of sugary stuff. Any ideas on getting motivated for keeps? Or is it truly a minute by minute thing? Thanks in advance for any help.
fitchick2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:08 AM   #69  
Scale Addict

fit, I'm having problems with all my favorite sugary foods too. It's that time of year. I'll just try stepping up the exercise and try to cut calories when I can. I know that I won't pass up all the treats. I just wish I could learn moderation. *blush*
modemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:09 AM   #70  
Scale Addict

I didn't lose this week. I had a .4 gain. Today's weigh in was 220.6. Well, I know it could be worse, so I'll count my blessings.
modemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:43 AM   #71  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

fit - most of the time it is truly a minute by minute thing. The fact is, motivation just doesn't stick around for long. So you just have to be determined that motivation or not, you will do it. And that sometimes breaks down to minute by minute or meal by meal. But I know you can do it.

Julie - a .4 gain isn't bad at all for this time of the year.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:26 AM   #72  
Pending Email Confirmation

fit: Like Julie said, it's tough this time of year because there are lots of goodies wherever we go. But in a normal season, I've found it to be a combination of the minute-by-minute approach and long-term motivation. For example, when I finally knuckled down and became serious about losing weight this summer, I got rid of all the junkfood in my house. That's a huge first step and it helps because who wants to take a drive just to get junk food? You would have to make a conscious decision to do so, and if you're serious about losing weight that conscious decision is easy enough to forego.

So the first few days or weeks were a little tough. But then I realized I had made such good food choices for several days in a row, and I didn't want to blow it so I kept it up. In other words, the "minute-by-minute" moments were turning into day-by-day choices. I got to the point, especially after adding exercise and actually seeing the pounds come off, where I was so proud of what I'd done that I didn't want to stop now.

Anyway, that's how it was for me. You can do it. It really is mind over matter much of the time, but eventually those good eating practices you're forcing upon yourself will become second-nature, and you'll wonder why you ever were able to eat so much chocolate before! Good luck!

Cindy

PS: Also, don't think of it like "I'll never be able to have a cookie again". That's a sure set-up for failure. Of course you'll still be able to have sweets and other treats. The key is to truly turn them into "treats" that you have once in awhile on special occasions. And 3 Oreos instead of the whole box!
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:54 AM   #73  

Julie - that' really not a bad gain. I know it seems like it's going backwards but just focus on doing your couch to 5k & eating balanced. You are headed in the right direction.

I agree - we have to make decisions minute by minute at first. But the "motivation" to do this should be your resolve to get healthy and stay healthy. Some of us have other reasons as well, maybe we have health problems, want to have another baby or need to fit into those jeans!!! But the bottom line is if you aren't of the mindset that it's time for a change and really put your whole being into the commitment, then failure is there waiting. Motivation is easy at first. After all of that initial "let's go attitude" wears off , you need your commitment to carry you through. Most of us have treats & splurges & backtracking. But the next day we pick ourselves up & accept that we can move on w/o going into a spiral. Especially when we are exercising & eating right, the splurges get less & less - like Cindy said, three oreos instead of the while bag!!!! Just keep your head up and know that we are here for you when you need support, motivation or a kick in the butt!! Whatever support you need, we are here. This group has changed so much for me. I am only too happy to be a part of such a wonderful group of friends. So welcome fit & be healthy!!!

cathleen
Old 12-19-2005, 01:47 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Afternoon ladies. School was 2 hours late this morning so my whole day is out of whack, lol. And to top it off AF came today...at least that explains my sugar cravings After I dropped Christian off at school I finished up my Christmas shopping. Now all i have left to do is take Christian to the dollar tree so he can do his shopping, lol. Haleigh's school is having a "gingerbread shop" this week, so I sent some $ to school w/ her today so she can shop for her grandparents and for Christian. They will both be tickled to death.

Fitchick- Welcome to the board i look forward to reading your posts

Cindy, Julie, Cara, Tea: Hope you all are doing well. Those who are sick, i hope you feel better soon.

I hate to run but I have to get some house work done before I have to go pick Christian back up from school. Have a great day
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:53 PM   #75  
goin' for goal!

S/C/G: 234.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Thanks for the welcome and the words of encouragement, ladies! Workin' on that motivation...
fitchick2be is offline   Reply With Quote