Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Chit Chat & Weight Loss #176

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies thread to anyone reading this!

We are a supportive and caring bunch of ladies who share our journey with weight loss, as well as our everyday lives. So feel free to pull up a chair and join us.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:10 PM   #2  
Closed

GOOD MORNING CRISTINA
...Sorry I posted after you opened a new thread, does my post end up in la la land or what I pulled up my chair but no body's home, I think I will go make some lunch ,my daughter is coming today , and then she's off to S Carolina for a weekend retreat with her Fiance'. I will check back in awhile .

I thought I would just add on since only Cristi is home so far:
Cristi I think its a well beaten issue, I wish I had not said anything now. Its hard for me to see my problems being analyzed by others. I am not good at this sharing feeling stuff I guess. I thought I would give it a try , but it doesn't really make me feel very good in the end. I wish I had something positive to say, but I really don't. My poor daughter came for lunch today, She went to put a deposit on her dress and the salesgirl looked at her ring and asked her if it was fake, she said it looked like a Jay-lo ring, she was devastated. I called the owner of the store and she said that she was sure that the girl meant it as a compliment ,and assumed the comment was made because of beauty and size of the stone, still sounded like and insult to me. I asked her to speak to the girl and ask her to keep her comments to herself or use her words more respectfully, can you imagine how you would feel if someone said that to you. I felt so sorry for her I wanted to cry. Yes this is turning out to be another wonderful day. It sounds like you will have your work cut out for you with the landscaping, but it should be fun don't you think Glad you and V had a nice dinner together. I really should go and do something although I am really not in the mood at all

Last edited by Tea Rose; 04-06-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning ladies...

Okay, so it was morning when I started this!

I got in a two-mile walk this morning. Doing good with it so far. And the water, got in three bottles yesterday but so far none today. Will probably be a two bottle day!

ELLEN...that's okay. I just posted under your post o head on over to here. I don't have the ability to close a thread. I thought I would start a new thread since it was at 48. I don't like to post at the end of a thread, lol. Anyway...I do hope some resolution comes of the situation and your DD's wedding isn't ruined. I hope everyone remembers that it is HER day. There is a lot of fencing to be done with it being a deep lot. Luckily though we only have one LONG side to do. The back and the sides where the gate(s) will go aren't so wide and because of the angle of the lot the back isn't so bad either. Just that one side is really long! The neighbors on the other side already have fencing so we just hook up to theirs. Going to take a lot of landscaping also! We do have our work cut out for us with the yards for sure. Hope your DD and fiance have a wonderful time in S. Carolina! What a beautiful place to go!

ANGIE...you would not believe how much I L-O-V-E music! If I ever had to life without music I think I would die! I've never been one to limit myself to one kind of music and I think there are a lot of artist's and songs I know. But still a lot to be discovered! I've rubbed off on my kids also because you would not believe the assortment of music they have. I just bouoght the Gorrillaz new CD and DD is making me a copy of her Nelly Furtado one that I love. But I am definitely going to have to check out Anna's CD. I also want to get Michelle Branch's new one. Glad the 6 week check-up went well. I can't believe that it's been six weeks already! But what about this calcified fibroid? I'm confused...what does it mean for you? I think you handled yourself well being stuck in the elevator. I'm not sure what I would have done but have often wondered. Especially when in one by myself and going up to the 23rd floor!

GINNY...have a fun evening with the boys! Or was that last night? Aaaahhh, I forgot now and can't go back to the other thread. Either way, hope you had or have a fun evening with them. I haven't watched Smallville in ages! I caught the first two or three seasons and then with all the rescheduling of some favorite shows, Smallville kind of got the boot. But I did enjoy it. Maybe I will buy all the seasons and try to catch up.

MARTI...hope it clears soon and you can get to those foot tall weeds! I wouldn't worry about it though...if it's raining there's really nothing you can do until it quits and dries up some. And I am sure there are others with tall grass. Hey, when does your new schedule start? Bet you are getting excited about that.

SUSAN...you are too funny! At least you can make light of the situation. But I do hope you get the gas and weed hidden before she comes over! I hate driving in the rain also. Seems like when the weather is bad people tend to drive worse. It's pouring right now here. Wasn't supposed to start with the bad storms until later this evening. But it's thundering and pouring! And I have to get out in it in a few hours, ick!

Hi to everyone else

Had a nice eveing out yesterday. V and I went out to dinner, of course it is always nice spending time with him since he works so much! Then went over to the house at 6:30 and did some measuring and such. It was nice to just walk through and look through everything really good without some realtor, (be it ours or the one that is usually there) following you, looking over your shoulder. I like our realtor though, he's a nice guy. Gotta give him a little kick every now and again to get something done but he listens and doesn't mind. Anyway, gotta run over there again today while I am out and get V's hat. Locked the door and put the key in the lockbox before he realized he left it on the counter. If it wasn't one that he bought at Josh's basic training he wouldn't worry about it but it's special to him. So...anyway...need to get going and get dressed and clean the house some. Have a showing at 2:45 and need to get out early so...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend!
Old 04-06-2006, 02:18 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

I have heard of Matchbox 20 but I haven't heard of Rob Thomas. That is my story and I am sticking to it Ang! Neener, neener........

I did finish my first 20 oz of water, so yay! I am ALMOST ready to get serious with losing weight but have some more eating that I want to do. lol I am almost there though, I haven't hit bottom yet and I can still lay down and zip up my pants. Though my face is getting bigger and I hate that!! I can hide my butt but I can't hide my face!! haha

((Ellen)) You are the Muther of the Bride!!! woo hoo. Such a special time , don't let the ex spoil it for you both!

Cristi - Sure, I am glad the teach is coming on Friday evening when the girls are out at the center doing their social time. Gaby is so excited and she is wondering why the teacher is coming to her home. I just said she wants to look at her clothes and make sure they are folded and put away!! So, Gaby let me work on the clothes pile last night and was sooooooo good getting the housework done for once.

Rach was telling her the story of who her father was last night. She went on and on about Daddy Doug being the father of Rach and Beck ( I kept telling her "don't do that Gaby loves Daddy Doug) and Daddy Mike meeting mom and having Gaby - blah - blah.
I was kind of annoyed with Rach but Gaby seemed ok,,,,,,until Rach ask "so Gaby who is your daddy??
Gaby laughs and says "Papa Rocky!!"
lol
I don't think she wants any part of Daddy D or Daddy M...lol

anyway - gotta get to work.

Ho to all!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-06-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:42 PM   #5  
Closed

OH SUSIE ROBS THE SINGER OF THE BAND "MOTHER OF THE BRIDE" , CAN YOU IMAGINE, ONE OF MY FAVOURITE SHOWS IS FATHER OF THE BRIDE, I HOPE I DO BETTER THAN HE DID GABY IS PROBABLY JUST HAPPY TO BE LOVED , I AM GOING TO SEND HER ANOTHER CLIPART , SO YOU SHOW HERE WHEN I DO OK HAVE A GREAT DAY , AND STAY AWAY FROM THE FAST FOOD JOINTS,PLEAAAAAAAASE
Old 04-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #6  
Closed

Susan What Are Gaby's Favourite Characters
Old 04-06-2006, 03:46 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

She loves Bob the Builder. Horses, Dogs, Lions........is that enough? Thanks
Old 04-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #8  
Closed

Yep that ought to keep me busy , thankyou very much :lol
Old 04-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Hello gals...

Not much time for posting, but I'll do my best. I can't remember what was all said in the previous thread so I will go w/this one.

Cristina--My lawn is mowed!!! The sun decided to make an appearance and James decided to mow. I am a happy gal!

Susan--Good for you on the water!! I'm doing the same thing....trying to get my water in. Of coarse it's already 4:00 and I haven't had much...............better get moving on that!

Ellen--I hope you didn't take our suggestions as analyzing and criticising the situation. We all really don't know the situation personally and are able to only help the best way that we can. We don't want to make you feel bad in any way!! I will keep positive thought vibes for you and your family. And I send you many hugs!!

Hello to everyone else out there.

I better get going. I still need to clean up before I leave for work. Only a couple more weeks and I'm off to a different time schedule!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #10  
Closed

HI SWEET GABY
Old 04-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #11  
Closed

HI MARTI... SORRY...I didn't mean that, I just meant its hard for me to see my problems up on a public forum , it just makes me uncomfortable, I know that no one knows the whole story so they can only base their opinions on the little they know about the situation. Sometimes lately, I feel like I'm stuck in quicksand. I just think it was unfair of me to ask for feedback based on something that even I don't understand. I certainly know that every ones intentions and comments were heartfelt. Its a subject that has caused me a lot of anxiety the last few weeks, its hard for me to fix something ,that's not mine to fix . I apologize if I have seemed a little temperamental of late, I am on edge ,I really appreciate all the feedback and kind words , I'm just in a very strange situation SORRY GIRLS
PS: MAYBE I SHOULD THROW THIS COMPUTER AWAY
Old 04-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Ellen - wow, that shop girl was tacky, tacky, tacky!!! I hope her boss bawled her out royally! She was probably just jealous of your DDs ring.

Angie - glad the checkup went well. Yikes - I've been stuck in an elevator before, too, and it scared the bejeepers out of me! I don't do well with small, enclosed places at all. Especially stuck ones, lol.

Marti - YAY for mowed lawn. We bought Neal a new riding mower that is much bigger and can turn on a dime, and guess what? It hurts his back! So now we're trying to find a buyer for it and we have to get one like his old one. Neal never complains about stuff, so if he admits that it hurts, it must be killing him.

Cristina - hope you got Vs hat. How'd the showing go?

Susan - hey, who you calling a ho? LOL!!! Check out the last line of your post. I know all about laying down to zip my jeans, lol.

Ginny - so glad you don't have KP duty tonight. Enjoy Smallville with the fam. I, too, like having the house to ourselves. Lots of perks to that. Katie will be back soon, though, and I'm loving that, too.

Hello to anyone else I may have missed.

I got my hair/roots touched up and trimmed today. I feel much better! Then I shopped and goofed off. No packing. No fretting. Ahhhh!

We're supposed to have MORE bad storms/tornado activity tonight and tomorrow. I'll be so glad when April is over.

34 days until we pick up Katie.

See ya on the flip side.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hey, I almost forgot to mention....

This may be old news to some of you, but I'm so excited about a magazine I picked up at CVS today. It's called (the best of Fine Cooking) "fresh". The recipes (over 100) are for vegetables, with tips, herb info, and in the back, a nutrition breakdown of each recipe.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this info with anyone else wanting new recipes for fresh, healthy veggies. (to eat with our Easter candy, lol)
Old 04-06-2006, 11:15 PM   #14  
Closed

THIS IS CALLED THE CARROT POST

HI EVERYONE
HI JANE...I am ready for Easter I have some for Susan to I swear the more she talks about her meals the hungrier I get Yes I am gonna blame it on SUSAN And another thing when my daughter gets back from N Carolina and brings me back a great big piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory, I am gonna blame that on SUSAN to This is a very healthy post don't you think. So happy you found some me time Jane nothing like getting a trim and the roots done to add some colour to your day
HI ANGIE...
Did you get the picture when that came to me the first one I thought of was you , although I have never seen that side of you SORRY

HI GINNY... How is that sweet baby Grandson

HI JULES... Where are you ???

HI MINDEE....I suppose your busy packing to move
HI SUE , KATY, AND EVERYONE. HOPE YOUR HAVING A GREAT DAY

PAM WHERE ARE YOU

Last edited by Tea Rose; 04-07-2006 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:23 AM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies....

I went and read the other thread to see who I missed....I hate it when I do that.

Angie--I have heard "of" matchbox 20, but I haven't actually "heard" them. I need to get myself out there more and listen to more music. In my car, I have the satellite system set up....and I'm usually listening to 80's music!!

Ginny--I believe it was Angie who was stuck in an elevator.....(now I have Aerosmith song in my head) and I agree w/you....she's a very brave gal! I don't get too claustophobic....but if it was for a long amount of time, I think I too would panic.

Ellen--I totally understand what you're saying. It is hard sometimes when you talk about personal things here and then later realize that this is a public area and anyone can read it. I had in the past, posted my before and during photos...(never had an after yet) and that kind of got me thinking! Just know that we all send you lots of hugs and are here for you!

Jane--What kind of mower do you have?? Does it sit funny or something to hurt his back? I hope you find a buyer so you can get another one for Neil. Could you take it back to where you bought it?? Or make a trade in or something explaining the situation?? I am going to have to check out the magazine. I'm really into veggies this Spring.....been thinking of growing something this year...just don't know what!

Ok....getting to be late here. I need to take my dogs out for a nightly pee.

You all have a great morning and I'll catch up w/you later!
Closed Thread