Old 01-08-2006, 01:50 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Wedding Crashers was so funny. I loved it and I am glad I bought it.

I hate when posts get lost.
Well I didn't weigh myself this morning. That time of the month and I am always up a few pounds then so I thought I would spare myself this week.
Well this is going to be short. When the hubby is home he feels neglected if I play on the computer too long. I will talk to you later.
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #77  
lose2win

Jen,

I know what you mean about that time of the month. I can feel PMS coming on so I am sure next week's weigh-in for me will be a bummer. I have high hopes for this one though. I'm changing my weigh-in day to Monday, so thats tomorrow. Talk to you later.

MJ
emjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:57 PM   #78  

Well Monday is here and time to start another week. I need to put this weekend behind me. My eating wasn't the greatest. Weekends are hard enough with my husband home and all the running around we do. Saturday started out great. Then Sat afternoon we went to look at house. It was okay but we weren't sure we wanted to move to Fremont so we wanted to talk about it. Well we told the lady we would discuss it and get back to her later that afternoon. Well an hour later when I called her she told me she let the kids that looked at it after us have it. Man was I pissed. Not because I wanted it but because we had been there first and she didn't give us a chance to say yes or no. Oh well I take it as a sign. Anyway I bought M&Ms when we got gas, I did make my husband eat most of them but still it was a no no, and yesterday was no better. I want to blame PMS and chocolate cravings but I should have more control.

I did my taebo fat blaster workout this morning and now off to pick up the toys that manage to cover what seems like my entire floor. Talk to you later.
Jen
Old 01-09-2006, 05:27 PM   #79  
lose2win

Jen,

Well that sucks about the house. But you are right, probably a sign. How far is Fremont from where you live now?

Well I weighed in today and I am down one pound. I wish it were more but I guess I am going to be happy w/ 1 lbs. a week. I think I probably need to think about cutting calories though. I did so-so this weekend, not too bad though. So were the m&m the first candy you have had in a long time? I eat a peice or two of chocolate almost everyday. I love it. I can usually go w/o salty snacks but I crave chocolate frequently.

Well talk to you later.

MJ
Old 01-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #80  

Well today is off to a good start. Well a little behind schedule but off all the same. I started out on the phone rather than working out so I didn't get to taebo until 10 so I just finished. My mother wants to take my girls home with her which I never care but Liz gets really homesick really fast and I can't just run down and get her so we were trying to work something out.

I also called around looking for daycare. I am thinking about going back to work. Money is getting tight with me staying home and I want to go back to school and that is going to be expensive so I figure I should go back. I don't mind I just hate what daycare cost. If I can get them into the daycare I had them before I get an employee discount, but that is if they have openings, other wise it is going to cost between 200 and 300 and week. Ouch.

No the M&Ms were't the first candy. I have a treat every couple of days, I just make it a small one and my reason for eating it was all wrong. I live in Blair and Fremont is about 20 minutes away. Omaha is 20 minutes south of here.

Well I am off to figure out what to do next. my house is clean so I really don't have much to do. That is another reason I need to go back to work. I get bored and I can't tolerate to sit and watch tv all day-well unless I am sick or in a movie marathon mood.
WEll I will talk to you later.
Jen
Old 01-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #81  
lose2win

Jen,

Well I got my 3-mile in b4 noon today so that was a good thing. I have got to stay in the habit of that.

Good luck on the daycare thing. Wow, what a huge expense and then to be worried that you are getting a good one. I can't imagine. Do you have to look for a new job all together or are you going back to one you left? What field are you in? I'm strongly thinking about looking for a real job when we get back this spring. Or a I may advertise a little and p/u some more houses to clean. A job w/ benefits would be great but I like the flexibility of cleaning. I don't know. Well right now I am off to my inlaws to work on tax prep for my husbands business (yuck). My mil always did it for him in the past but since I haven't been working I have been doing the business stuff. So she is going to show me the ropes. Still, not looking fwd to it. Well talk to you later.

MJ
Old 01-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #82  

Emjay,
I talked to my boss today. I had to fill out another app since I have been gone for 3 months but I don't know why she wouldn't give me the job. I am very good at what I do. I am a CNA/Med Aid. I like working the day shift, I am done by 2:30 pm and have the rest of the day to do whatever I need to. I will start getting up at four again to do my workout, then probably something like pilates or maybe weights in the afternoon. We will see how it goes.
Tax stuff sounds like no fun. Glad I don't have to deal with that, for that matter we take our W-2s to HR Block and let them deal with it.
I am really starting to like the way my body is looking. I mean at 190 I obviously have a lot of fat left but it is a huge change from before. I am very pleased with how I am looking. I can get into some 36s and some 14s, depends on the brand. They are still tight but I can get into them and wear them. By my birthday I am hoping they fit nicely. Well I must get the girls in their jammies. I will talk to you later.
Jen
Old 01-11-2006, 03:18 PM   #83  
lose2win

Jen,

Hey, I have worked as a CNA before. It is actually how I got started in the medical field way back in high school. I really loved that work too, although it is very physically demanding. We're you working in a nursing home or hospital setting? Well that is cool that you can probably just step right back into a job. I wish that was possible for me. The last place I worked (which was in a physical therapy office) closed the office that I was in so it is out of the question. Oh yeah, I also have a cosmetology license and I was kind of considering getting back into that. Not sure.

I would kill to be in a size 14 right now. I put on a pair of 18's today that had become snug and they fit quite comfy, so I guess that is a start. I'm also wearing some 20's. The last time I lost a lot of weight I got down to a size 12 (occassionally a 10) and that is my goal this time. I kind of have a large bone structure so 12 looks pretty good on me. I was a size 10 when I graduated high school and look back on those pictures now and think I was quite thin. What is your ultimate goal, size wise?

Well talking about all these smaller sizes makes me feel like working out. Better get it done before hubby comes home. Talk to you later.

MJ
Old 01-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #84  

Emjay,
What a day. I am down one kid for the rest of the week. My mother came and picked up my oldest.

I work in a nursing home, but I have also worked in an assisted living. Being a CNA is okay but not my ideal job. For a while I thought about getting my RN but never could quite talk myself into it. Now I finally have the nerve to do what I really want to.

I'm not really going to brag about my 14s just yet. I can get into them but they are still very tight. It is a wonderful feeling. At 140 pounds in high school I was at my smallest in a 29 in levis. I would love to get back into that size but would really be happy in a 32. I think realisticly that may be what I aim for. Or about a size ten. It is really hard to say, I think this time around I will have have lower body fat percentage so I think clothes will fit differently. It all comes down to how I feel and how I look.

Well I spose I should go. It is 11 and I need to get ready for bed. Talk to you tomorrow.
Jen
Old 01-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #85  

I am in a wonderful mood this morning. Of course part of it is the excersize endorphins, but I just got off the phone with my boss, I get to just pick up where I left off! I am going in the the morning to work out my schedule. And to make things better the daycare upstairs has room for my girls! That saves me a ton of money, over 100 bucks a week. I will be close if they need me.

Well more good news. I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 189. This is huge for me. I was 195 when I got pregnant with both girls. I haven't been this low in like 6 years

Now if I could just find a nice big house for a reasonable amount of rent My mother keeps telling me to be patient and I will find the perfect house, but I don't think she realizes that my walls move in everyday, well or so it feels like it. My hubby tells me to quit buying stuff. I can't help it I am a compulsive shopper. I just have a compulsive personality, not as bad as some but shopping and food have always been vices and hey, I gave up the compulsive eating so I am not going to stop shopping

Well I have rambled on for long enough, with my mood I could go forever but I don't think anyone wants to sit and read all I have written for that long. Have a wonderful day.
Jen
Old 01-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #86  
lose2win

Jen,

Congratulations on budging the scale. That is awesome that you broke thru a weight barrier so to speak. You are well on your way, although I know that this is where it gets more difficult. But you will do it.

I'm with you, I'm not too concerned w/ clothes sizes. When I feel like I look good and when I feel good I will be where I am going. I know I'm not going to be where I want to be in FL, but hopefully I will be a lot closer to my goal by the summer months, I'll settle for that.

Whew, I had a busy day. I was up at 5:15 and off to babysit for my husbands brothers kids for about four hours this AM, then had to clean my sisters house, and then went to a friends house to cut and color her hair. I just got home a bit ago. I did pretty good w/ food today (my only downfall was a bowl of ice cream). But I did not excercise, I just couldn't fit it in, and now I am too tired. But I will definately be right back at it tomorrow.

So when do you start back to work?

MJ
Old 01-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #87  

Emjay,
I know that the awesome weightloss I had going to start had to slow down. I should be happy with avg of 2 pounds a week but when I started I was losing 5 and that is an awesome motivator and I hate to see it go. Oh well 2 pounds a week is healthy. I think eating around 1400 calories a day also helped, the thing is somedays I am looking for calories cause I have kinda gotten used to only eating 1200.

I go back to work on Monday, kinda excited but kinda hating the idea of not being with my kids. I know I have to get used to it. Ashley will be in kindergarten next year. I feel too young to have a little girl going to school already. Guess that is what happens when you start your family as young as we did. I don't regret it though. I will be young enough to enjoy all the things I want to, and now I am taking time for myself.

Well I'm gonna go, I want to do some browsing around here before i start packing. We found an apartment that we are going to move into at the end of the month. Until next time.
Jen
Old 01-13-2006, 11:49 PM   #88  
lose2win

Jen,

Hey that is great that you found an apartment. But I know it is going to probably suck packing and moving. I know I hate it. Are you staying in the same town or are you leaving?

Wow, your were losing 5lbs a week to start? I feel that I am going slow at 1 a wk. I know if I cut my calories I would lose more but I don't want to change my eating habits too much cuz then it is like a diet. Which I know it is anyway but I would rather modify my eating habits so hopefully I can stick w/ it forever. Mostly my problem has been eating too much not necessarily the wrong things so I am trying to train myself to eat less. So far it is going pretty good. I feel as though I am slipping a little this week but I know it is pms. I did get in a 2-mile today and I am going out tomorrow night so that should guilt me into a 3-mile tomorrow.

Talk to you later.

MJ
Old 01-13-2006, 11:51 PM   #89  
lose2win

Hey what happened to our weightloss trackers????
Old 01-15-2006, 06:37 PM   #90  
lose2win

Jen,

OMG, I feel like the bottomless pit today. I just can't stop eating. Damn that PMS. And to top it all off tomorrow is weigh in. I did an old aerobic stair tape today, it was an intermediate (30 mins.). Quite challenging though, I can tell I'm getting old because I used to do that tape all the time almost effortlessly. It was a real workout for me today, I might do that one once a week (yeah that is what I said about the susan powter one). However, I didn't feel as though I got enough strength training w/ it (it was more cardio) so I did 1-mile watp. Hopefully this combats what I've eaten this weekend.

Hope you had a great weekend even if you did probably spend it packing. Well got to go, I ordered "March of the Penguins" on pay per view at 7PM. Good luck at work tomorrow. Talk to you later.

MJ