Old 12-03-2005, 10:35 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Talking Queen For A Day, One-Day-At-A-Time Emergency Challenge, Commit To Be Fit TODAY!

STARTING A NEW THREAD BECAUSE I'M ASKIN' THE QUESTION HERE? What is our level o' commitment to this SOLSTICE challenge!!!???? I'd like to suggest that we declare this Recommitment-To-Solstice-Saturday and Sunday!!!!

I am actually plannin' on puttin' up an altar to the Solstice Sun (and the spirit o' the Goddess, the returner of light to my universe, who floateth somewhere in the December darkness o' my soul ... though, because o' the happiness o' the climate I live in, there's not much in the way o' actual darkness ... this is an allegory here, work w' me) in my house today to remind me that THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SOLSTICE OF MY LIFE!!!

Why? Because it's the Solstice that is HERE!!! At the end of this Solstice, the big milestone is NEW YEAR'S ... meanin' there's another year over the horizon and I want to reach all my goals (great healthy bod, new career, the usual suspects). In order to make this happen, I have to commit NOW ... one day at a time.

I'm pleadin' with all Queens For A Day to come 'n play so's we can keep that Noncommitment Demon at bay. Yay!

My challenge today is to eat in the 1600s or below and to set up the altar.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 03:19 PM   #2  
hippie

I'm sorry, I haven't seen your challenge before. What's it about? I'm looking for a good challenge
girl_in_cullowhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:59 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

Hi, girl in cullowhee!!! What a great name for a place to live!

This challenge is related to the Sprint to the Solstice thread (think it's called that ... actually, I can't see the name right now, which is a group of "Royalty" who has posted here together for a number of years. Arabella is the thread starter on that and it's here on the miscellaneous forum. It's also the sequel to the Queen for A Day emergency challenge that you'll see a little bit further down the list. I just updated it to put some zip into things!

Basically, it's just us trying to reach our goals by the Winter Solstice and making daily self-challenges in order to get some focus goin' ... you'd be post warmly welcome in all of the Queen threads, includin' this one!!!

I'm a hippie, too, BTW, but an old one!
Old 12-03-2005, 08:15 PM   #4  
wsw

i'm with you, amarantha! stuck to my emergency challenge for today with food and exercise, even though this nasty cold weather makes me feel like i want to eat more to fortify myself, so especially important for me to stay on the straight and narrow now. welcome, girl in cullowhee!
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:52 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsw
i'm with you, amarantha! stuck to my emergency challenge for today with food and exercise, even though this nasty cold weather makes me feel like i want to eat more to fortify myself, so especially important for me to stay on the straight and narrow now. welcome, girl in cullowhee!
Huzzah, W!!!! Great job in stickin' to that emergency challenge and that straight 'n narrow path! Let's do 'er!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 06:48 AM   #6  
deleted2

I'm in. I HAVE TO stay focused because our big Christmas program is coming up at work and it holds great potential to drive me crazy. So yes--I have to stay on top of things and plan, plan, plan! [Did I mention I have to plan?]
Old 12-04-2005, 09:27 AM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Amarantha,
I need a challenge soooo badly.
I just can't seem to take myself seriously enough to do anything good for me.
Well, I do, but then I still eat out of stress, instead of thinking of the consequences.
Yesterday was a disastrous 2210 calories!!!
OK, today I will try again.
I have a serious problem, as I am working all day and will be around food at work too (due to this particular day's circumstances, there will be a buffet!!!)
We have snow today and it is cold, so I will feel tempted to eat to keep warm as well.
Have a great day, everyone!
aria2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:14 AM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo Yo Yo Yo YO yo yo yo YO

Ok, sorry, but this is a bit o' a (revised) crosspost as I seem to be visitin' friends all over the 'net today!!! Sadly (despite me best efforts), the Regain Thing from the Diet Dilemma Swamp be gainin' a lil ol' ground here and A hath GAINED, not lost, .8 of a pound, thou she hath had a good eatin' week. She knoweth this be because she hath not been doin' the intense cardio that she was, liftin' more instead ... will reverse that this week ... the important thing to remember is SHE BE NOT DISCOURAGED!

So send no flowers, please, as A be still holdin' her own 'n not mired in the Regain Swamp, or at least she's holdin' off those Swamp Monsters, whilst not sucked yet into the quicksand ... and that's enough for now!!!

She hath yet again reconfigured her Solstice Mission Goal ... planning on December 25th being the final Solstice Weigh-In (although officially the Solstice is December 25). She hath set a December 18 goal that will enable her to eat a weekly total in the low 1700s and she will cardio up during this time, also starting to work with the new trainer on the 14th. She will continue to do daily challenges and WILL NEVER GIVE UP 'cause she wanteth NOT to see the 140s again.

Today is the day! Ok, let's away. Hooray!!!

MY CHALLENGE FOR SUNDAY IS TO EAT IN THE 1700s or BELOW, DO 30 MINUTES O' WALKIN' (need cardio not only for weight, but cardio health), AND OF COURSE, EAT NO REFINED SUGAR!

I also have to work today, but that's another grim story ...
Old 12-04-2005, 11:19 AM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aria2000
Amarantha,
I need a challenge soooo badly.
I just can't seem to take myself seriously enough to do anything good for me.
Well, I do, but then I still eat out of stress, instead of thinking of the consequences.
Yesterday was a disastrous 2210 calories!!!
OK, today I will try again.
I have a serious problem, as I am working all day and will be around food at work too (due to this particular day's circumstances, there will be a buffet!!!)
We have snow today and it is cold, so I will feel tempted to eat to keep warm as well.
Have a great day, everyone!
'Tis the season to be JOLLY, Aria, so be o' good cheer 'cause ye'll PRESERVE, never fear!!!

No more not takin' thyself seriously is what I see in me crystal ball with Aria's name on it!!! ... sorry to use thy smilie, but it demonstrates how I see your record over the years ... you ALWAYS fight the good fight, soldier on and emerge a winner, Aria ... and ye'll beat this winter slump and come out in GREAT shape!

Here we go, one day at a time!!! That lil ol' bit o' snow won't get the better o' YOU!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Talking Huzzah, comrade!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eydie
I'm in. I HAVE TO stay focused because our big Christmas program is coming up at work and it holds great potential to drive me crazy. So yes--I have to stay on top of things and plan, plan, plan! [Did I mention I have to plan?]
Hocus, pocus, focus, focus!!! There ye be, E!! I think that sayin' originally came from our resident Wood Nymph (aka Arabella) ... not sure, actually, so if it's from someone else, apologies!!!

And I knoweth thou ALWAYS has a plan ... and thy plans tend to work out well!!!!

Let's beat these Eat Christmas Demons!!!! Huzzah!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:50 AM   #11  

Hello all,

Just resurfacing today .... All week felt a cold coming on and Friday am woke up covered in sweat and lots of other flu symtoms plus a no voice....

so...
Have been either sleeping or staring at reruns of the Waltons/Little House....

but feel stronger today and might even go bowling tonight... or might not...

we have snow/slush/ice/rain here today....

and I may celebrate by taking a shower.
The first since Wednesday. YIKES!

Anyone for tea?
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:14 PM   #12  
wsw

kaylets-glad you're starting to feel better today! keep warm.

amarantha-your great attitude continues to encourage me even when i don't want to keep fighting the good fight!

i will hang on, albeit by my dainty little fingernail, to this commitment to be fit today. sticking to basic cal.,exercise plan + some extra back stretches.

aria-good luck with everything today!

eydie-inspired by you, i will also make some plans to succeed during this holiday season.

take care, everyone!
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:49 PM   #13  
Empress/Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylets
Hello all,

Just resurfacing today .... All week felt a cold coming on and Friday am woke up covered in sweat and lots of other flu symtoms plus a no voice....

so...
Have been either sleeping or staring at reruns of the Waltons/Little House....

but feel stronger today and might even go bowling tonight... or might not...

we have snow/slush/ice/rain here today....

and I may celebrate by taking a shower.
The first since Wednesday. YIKES!

Anyone for tea?
Oh, K, I hope you don't have the same flu I've had for goin' on FOUR weeks, as my life lies in shambles, bills go unpaid and I'm resortin' to oregano oil rather than another useless trip to doctor.

Enjoy thy shower!
Old 12-04-2005, 02:51 PM   #14  
Empress/Queen

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsw
kaylets-glad you're starting to feel better today! keep warm.

amarantha-your great attitude continues to encourage me even when i don't want to keep fighting the good fight!

i will hang on, albeit by my dainty little fingernail, to this commitment to be fit today. sticking to basic cal.,exercise plan + some extra back stretches.

aria-good luck with everything today!

eydie-inspired by you, i will also make some plans to succeed during this holiday season.

take care, everyone!
Please continue to hang on, W!!! It's almost Monday (well, that's not encouragin' ... but ... anyhow, the EAT-ALL-'CAUSE IT'S THE WEEKEND SYNDROME will at least be not an issue with some of us ...) Huzzah.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:25 PM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

Smile

Thanks for your kind reply, Amarantha!
I just came back from my day of work and so far I have had 1160 calories! Not bad! I did stay away from the sweets, so that helped.
Now I am kind of starving, so I have to be very careful with the rest of my day! I brought some vegetables and fruits for snacks later tonight.
aria2000 is offline   Reply With Quote