Old 12-18-2005, 08:31 AM   #121  

Default New as well( sort of)

Hi, before I introduce myself I want to say hi to Nancy, and I am soooo glad you are not going to extremes, but have come here instead. You CAN do it, and I can do it too, darn it.
Welcome to Melly as well,- don't give up.
HI Amanda- I made it here
OK- my name is Kimberlee and I am 30 years old and a mommy to 10 mo.old boy/girl twins. I work 25 hrs/ wk and I have an otherwise simple life. My husband is great, lazy, but great I an 150 lbs. currently and want to get back to 120. (Last time I was here I lost 10 lbs.- since then, NOTHING!) I was 130 pre-preg, but still could've gone down some as I am 5'1 1/2. I do have a jogging stoller, but as it is winter I have used that as my excuse. Yesterday I went for my first hr long walk in a month or 2 since my MIL took the babies to WV for the weekend.
So thanks for having me, I am so glad to be back.
Tonkasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:26 AM   #122  
Exercise Queen

Smile

Nancy & Kimberlee!

Amanda- Did I see you are down one more pound? Do I get to add that to our group ticker?

My really tough day at the theater is over, only two shows to do today. Tomorrow I will be able to get back to my regular workout schedule. Eating hasn't been ok. It's tough at the theater because snacks are a carb fest. I need to work on getting more water in though.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #123  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Nancy & Kimberlee!!!!

Nancy- I read your other post and !!! I don't think you'll fall down the anorexic path this time since you're conscience of your actions this time and want to be a great role model for your DDs. Are your DDs in any sports? I'm not sure what the weather is like in Nebraska but is there any sort of sport/activity that you can do with your girls? And you're definitely not alone- that's why we're all here, we're all struggling with this weight thing! I know I once thought about being anorexic or bulimic. Fortunately I love food too much ( which is obvious, that's why I'm here) and I can't make myself vomit. So, to you for coming here to look for support instead of going to the fridge.
I'm totally a stress eater. I was on the phone with my mom a few weeks ago, and after a heated conversation about her DWI, I hung up and dove into the kids leftover halloween candy. Anyway- Welcome!!

Kimberlee- You sound like you're so busy- working and having to take care of infant twins!! That's great that what you're MIL did for you guys. My oldest is 4 and the only time I have been away from her for more than 2 nights was when I was giving birth to my sons. I'm so jealous!! I just joined the YMCA last month and it has free day care if you're a member. You're allowed to leave them for up to 90 mins. Getting 90 mins to myself is motivation enough to get myself to the gym!!

Amanda- Congrats on the loss!! How was the birthday party? I agree with your challenge. We're going to the inlaws and I'm so worried about not getting my workouts in. I know I'll be eating more while I'm there. I'll have to make more of a conscience effort.

Michelle- How's the show going? Do you have any pics you can post for us to see?

I'm down 2lbs this week!! So, I met my goal (lose 10 lbs) and get to buy a new pair of running shoes. My next goal is to lose 5 lbs but I'm not sure what my reward will be. Thinking maybe a new pair of jeans or maybe some workout clothes. Haven't decided yet.
Dh is working all weekend. He didn't get home until 9:30 last week. He's leaving in about a month for Afghanistan so I really want to spend some QT with him before he leaves. DS2 had a fever last night. All day yesterday he wanted to be held and whenever he would wake up from a nap he would cry. I think he's feeling a little better today. I told the kids we could have a slumber party on the living room floor last night, the kids love it!!
I went to the gym yesterday morning and did more of my running program. I walked for 5 mins and then ran for 25mins. It was about 2.8 miles and I burned 354 calories!!! I have 3 more weeks of the program to go and hope to enter a 5k in the spring.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:27 PM   #124  
Exercise Queen

Congrats Lori! I'm going to go update our group ticker right now!
Old 12-18-2005, 01:42 PM   #125  

Thumbs up Updated Group Ticker

We are so close to a group loss of 30 pounds this month!
losethirtysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:03 AM   #126  

Hello everyone!!! and a BIG hello to all the newbies!!!! Just wanted to check in while I was at work so that you didn't think I died!lol

DS was sick this whole weekend while we were visiting my folks, had a fever of 103 and that lovely hacking cough. 2 days later and the fever is gone, now we have the cough to battle...hope it goes away soon!! Luckily he is easy when he is sick-he always has been-- and he has been really sick in his short life.

So, I still haven't gotten that scale I said I was going to buy. Friday is payday so definately then. Don't let me off the hook girls!! Anybody have any suggestions? Do you have a scale that you totally love? or hate??? I have no idea what I want or should have so any suggestions would be great!

Do great things out there girls!!!

Amanda-- how was the bday?
chellefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:16 AM   #127  

Cool Need a lifeline

Morning ladies,

It is 7 am here, and I think I'm finally ready to add my first post. I too had a lightbulb moment recently. I decided to step on the scale, BIG mistake in the past month I have gained 10 pounds, which is odd because I don't think I've been eating that bad. Anyways I am now at my all time heaviest and am severly concerned that I am going to get bigger. I need a place like this where I can find support, my husband is great but he tells me he likes me as I am. I can't seem to make him understand that I don't like me as I am.

I'll tell you a bit about myslef and my WL struggles. I'm 32 (just turned Dec 12), I have 2 beautiful children, my husband and I run our own business and I am a part time nursing student. In January 2001, I had another light buld moment so I joined WW. Sure enough I had 70 lbs to lose. No Problem. In 12 weeks I dropped 25 lbs, I was feeling great, . Then I learned I was pregnant. , there went my weight loss. After I had my son I couldn't get rid of that extra 20 lbs he blessed me with (not to mention the small belly). I got on with life, tried WW a few times, never worked, and in 2004 I gave birth to my daughter. During the pregnancy I had only gained 5 pounds because I had lost 20 being so sick. Needless to say I was 17 lbs lighter than my Pre-preg weight by the time I left the hospital. Unfortunately, I gained it all back during her night time feedings.

This brings me to today, another 10 pounds heavier. It's so upsetting.
I'm thinking about joining WW again but we have a new leader here and she's just not motivating. She makes it so rigid and dull. (she was my leader the last few times I failed) Anyway, I am hoping that I can come here and get some support from other women trying to lose weight because you know what I am going through.

I know this is long and wordy but from now on they'll be short.

Have a great day
Dawn

Last edited by DawnJohn; 12-19-2005 at 07:27 AM.
DawnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:19 AM   #128  

Hello, all- thanks for all the welcomes, I am going to try to post while the babies are still babbling away in their cribs., lol. Well, I understand with this group there is a " group" weigh in of sorts, but I am not going on the scale but every 2 weeks. I used to be TOTALLY addicted to it and DH finally took the battery out, lol. So my official starting weight today is 150.6 and my mini goal is 148 by Jan 5th. (I'd LOVE to be 145, but not too sure that's realistic).
Lori- Congrats on your loss and thanks for the heads up about the YMCA, I am a bally's member, but never go- their daycare is for 2 yrs+. I am thinking quite seriously about getting my AA at the community college here and I hear they have a GREAT pool. But for right now walking is going to have to be it. I do have a goal to do the Baltimore marathon in Oct., but my running has been minimal since the babies. We'll see. I am always so motivated and optimistic right after my coffee in the morning . The afternoon is a totally different story, lol.
Chellefox- Sorry to hear about your son, dealing w/ healthy kids is hard enough, hope he gets better soon. I
I should probably go check on them- have a great day everyone! Here's to making wise decisions.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:26 AM   #129  

Welcome Dawn, you must've been posing at the same time as me. Well, babies will do it to you . I have never done WW, but I have been here and being accountable w/ people who care really does make a difference. Good luck to you, and keep the long posts coming!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:48 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

Happy Monday!

Today I am going to try so hard to resist temptation. After reading the posts I feel so empowered, that I can do this!!

This morning I ate a light bagel for breakfast --- a huge improvement from the microwave cheddar cheese popcorn I normally would have had ! My plan is to eat low fat and low calorie, with no real number in mind, at least initially. And to ride my excercise bike. I was wondering though, how much water should I be drinking? I'm embarrassed to admit that right now I drink Diet Coke all day and all night.

I want to thank everyone for welcoming me to this group. The support here is just fabulous. It is great being around others who are rooting for each other, not sabatoging each other. Thanks again Amanda for the heads up!

Alsbttrfly ---- my dds are in Tae Kwon Do, which they love. Both of my dds have come to me recently (but seperately) with their concerns that they are fat. I told them that if it bothered them, the best thing to do would be to make better choices with food --- have one sugary snack a day, other then that grab fruit, or carrots and ranch dip instead --- and for them to get moving, maybe practice their forms each day. Anyway, I hope I told them the right thing. I had a friend growing up whose mother kept hammering in "size 6, size 4, size 2" that friend is now morbidly obese.

Anyway heres to a great week!!
Nancy
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:33 PM   #131  
Exercise Queen

Smile

Dawn! It's great to have you join us. If you like the WW "plan" but just don't like the leader in your area, you might try doing WW on line.

Nancy Your mission is to drink at least six 8 oz. glasses of water today. It should be a minimum of eight glasses, but I'm cutting you some slack for the holidays!

Chelle- I hope your son is feeling better today. Sick kids are hard!

Kimberlee- The group ticker is not anything "official" every week, it's just as you have a loss you post it so I can add it to the group loss for the month. Group goal is 30 pounds a month.

Amanda- Where are you?

I for one am glad the weekend is over! Now to just get through this week with DH being home. That always throws my schedule off.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 12-19-2005, 05:16 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

I am here. Just slow to recover from yesterday's birthday craziness. Oliver did very well no mager meltdown. If I can figure out how I'll post a pic. I am doing horrible on the excersize front but well on the not overeating front. I just tried the cake today. Not bad but after spend 2 days baking and icing it I just couldn't stomach eating it. It fact I ran in to work this morning and took them a big hunk of it and all the yummy cheese crackers that i had made. I love cheese so it was best to rid my house of the temptation. My biggest temptaions are salty things not sweet things.

I am so glad our little board is growing, the more the thinner.

Dawn, the first weigh-in is the hardest and is all a part of "owning" your weight than putting it up for sale.

If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll share some of the birthday fun.

Amanda
on the NordicTrack tonight and committed to 4 days of excersize this week.
OBsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:02 PM   #133  
Exercise Queen

Cute picture Amanda!
Old 12-19-2005, 07:47 PM   #134  

Thanks for the responce everyone. Michelle, I thought about trying WW online but to be completely honest I need to be held accountable to someone in person everyweek to make myself stay committed. Terrible as it sounds if I try to do it at home I think I'll get into trouble. I've decided to join but I probably won't stay for the meetings unless I am having a bad week, that way I can still weigh in and stay on track. Wish me luck. I know that first weigh in is the worst but I can put on my game face.
DawnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:37 AM   #135  

Well ladies, ds is now healthy except for a cough and he is bouncing off the walls with energy....unfortunately he shared his illness with dh and I and we are dragging tail! Perhaps this will end posively and I will lose some weight since I don't feel like eating.

I am so happy to see so many new faces in our little group. Welcome everyone!!!

What happened to our 30 lb ticker? I don't see it anymore... did we meet our goal? Maybe we should up it for next month since we have so many people now? Any thoughts on that?

Is everyone ready for holidays? I will finish up the shopping on Friday and then we are done. We do have one (make that 4) small problems....our cats like the Christmas tree and have been climbing it and this morning they actually knocked it over. I am thinking about putting an electric fence around it lol I can just picture Christmas morning now...Santa has brought the presents and just layed them upon the tree instead of under it. Dang cats!!!

Well, I will talk to you girls tomorrow.
chellefox is offline   Reply With Quote