Old 12-09-2005, 09:21 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone! TGIF! This is going to be a busy weekend for me. Tonight is my Christmas party for work, and tomorrow night is a Christmas party for one of Alan's friends. Their annual XMAS party. Sunday.... I think will be busy just spending time with the girls.

Julie... you are doing great with your son. I have a friend up in Conn. whos son as asgaspar (ms) At least you have an idea of what needs to be done to help him excel! Such a great mom! Have you heard anything on the lab?

Hi Red! I hope you are doing well over in HK! That sounds so exotic... :-)

Noelle.... hope you found your cards.. I do that too.. it's so frustrating! And as for the macadamia nuts, my sister gave me some chocolate covered ones that came from the island of Maui. Some of her employees that work there sent her like 6 boxes because they know those are her favorites... so she gave some to me.. and they are delicious!!!! But I definately don't need any more.. I would eat the whole box!

Kempy (((((HUGS)))))) I know it will be hard giving up Tess... Puppies are great! I hope you have a great time with your friends.

Angie.. yes.. it gets cold down here.. and because there are no hills to block the wind, it stays windy too... so the windchill is always much colder. Right now, its 12 degrees, but I am hoping for it to get to past freezing later today! As for the weekend, it should be back in the 40 and 50's. Go Figure. They have a saying here in OK.. if you don't like the weather, give it a couple of minutes. That is pretty much the truth. All in the same week, we can have nice warm sunny days, tornadoes, snow and freezing temps. Then start all over again. :-)

OK.. well, I do need to get busy today.... I hope everyone has a great weekend!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:02 PM   #62  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys, I went to the post office this morning figuring I would get there early before opening (8 a.m.) and mail your gifts...well so did I and about 20 other people! I had to stand in line for about 40 minutes. Not bad I guess, but not great either. You're lucky I like you guys and had the patience to wait Anyway, let me know if your packages arrive in one piece. And everyone got something a little different so no comparing!

Kempy, yours will go out tomorrow since I had to go back to the store to switch something. But everything went out priority so it should get to you soon.

I did find the box of missing Christmas cards--it was on a shelf in my bedroom cabinet. Who would've thought to look there with the rest of my gift wrapping supplies??? *sigh* I could just envision myself putting them away in a darn cardboard box and stashing it in the hall closet... alzheimers is creeping up on me I tell ya.

Cherie, i love me some chocolate macs too! They are a standard 'just in case' gift at my house. We buy over a dozen boxes and just have them wrapped in case someone unexpected drops by with a gift...with luck, we give most of them away--but one year I remember we had about 10 boxes in the house after Christmas...my sisters and I polished one off daily I DO have 6 sisters though... that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hey Red! Try not to work too hard, and do feel better so you can enjoy yourself a little. Thanks for popping in!

Angie, Lucky chewed up another pair of Michael's rubber slippers last night. I got on his case about leaving them outside anyway. This is the 4th pair she's gotten! Luckily the others were almost outgrown, but sheesh this dog has a problem! I've been tying her up during part of the day just to keep her from getting into trouble. I hate doing that though.

Kempy, how far away have your puppies gone? Will you be able to see some of them? It must be difficult to let them all go but at least you know they are going to good homes and good people.

Julie, how are you doing today girl? Are you all snowed in? I saw some cooooooooolllllllllddddddddd weather across the nation on the news. Stay warm. Any news on the rescued lab?

Cal, what's crackin' with you? You guys must be busy right now, winding down the 2nd quarter and all. How are you feeling these days?

Dips, are you still freezing your buns off in NY? How's your baby Niko doing? He's such a doll.

Anywho, gotta get going for now. Be back later and hope to read more posts. Have a good one.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 06:50 PM   #63  

Hi Girls!

Cherie, have a great time at your parties this weekend!

Noelle I will keep and eye out. Thanks for standing in line that long. Everywhere is so crowded now. Yup it is really cold here but we had heat wave today and it got up to 21, WOOHOO....hahahaha.....Call me crazy but I am not minding the cold weather. Maybe after all these years my body can handle it. The big concert is this week, huh? I bet you can't wait. About Lucky chewing, do you keep her inside the house or outside alot?

Angie are you weighing in tomorrow? Good luck! You are doing so great. That was nice of you to go help finish the house. They better know what a great dil you are!

Red feel better soon.

Dips how is the pup?

Kempy I hope Tess leaving is not too sad for you.

Get this girls, I mailed your gifts last night and forgot to put the cards in them! I am such an airhead sometimes. Haha....LOL...My return address is on the package though so you should know who they are from.

I am not sure about the rescue anymore. The lady said it is on the timid side and I just don't want to take any chances with my ds getting afraid. Keep looking though. Tomorrow I am having a get together over here for my family and inlaws. So I have to finish making some more christmas cookies and candy for that. Everyone wants to see my giant tree. Ds has a birthday party tonight so I had to run and get a card and present for that today. That is about all going on with me.

Hi to everyone I missed. Have a great weekend.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #64  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys!! I went house hunting with my sister today. She just got accepted for a loan but since she is a single parent the funds are tight so it is slim picking but... I think she found a few possible ones.

Kempy, I got your gift today. Thank you so much. I think I can buy crawfish at Walmart so I will have to get some to try that. YUM. The cheese is so cute. I love it!!!

Julie, that is too bad about the dog. But you should make sure you get the right fit for your family. I am sure you will find the perfect pet soon.

Noelle, My kittens chewed through the Christmas tree lights today! They are pushing it now!!! I am going to repaint my kitchen because they ripped all my borders apart! I think they will be inside/outside cats come spring. They are too wild to keep inside all the time.

Red, I hope you have a great trip.

Cherie, Have fun at your parties this weekend. Sounds like fun.

I am not counting on much for a loss tomorrow since I just started my period and am all bloated feeling. I am happy that I didnt cave into the cravings that I have had all week though. So I still feel good.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:20 AM   #65  

Finally, I seem to have some time to post and let everyone know I'm still here.
Only 2 more weeks for this quarter. I can't believe it's nearly over already. Half the school year is gone.
I've got my kiddos very busy now. I've had my lesson plans done for the past 3 weeks and the next week the kids will be summarizing a favorite book and creating a booklet to turn in. It will be down time for me while they do all the work.
Noelle: I have yet to get to the post office to send off my gifts to everyone. I know the line will be crazy, but I plan to go tomorrow; after Ashley's volleyball game, a fun day at church with 8-11 year old girls for 2 hours, shopping for a gift for her teacher, seeing Santa.......I'm tired already. You know, we have a problem with Tucker always chewing on things. He is definitely an outside dog, but I'd like to get him a soft bed (especially now with the weather getting colder), but I know he'd eat it the first night. I have no idea how to break him of that.

Angie: Thank you for the subscription. My hubby has already found 3 recipes that he wants me to try. I told him I'd try after school's out.

Red: Enjoy HK; hope you feel better soon.

Cherie: Your tree is beautiful. Your girls and new addition are just adorable. How much fun you are all going to have.

Kempy: I got your gift a couple of days ago, thank you. The cheese is the cutest thing. I told Ashley it was cheese and she said "No way!! I'm not eating green cheese!" I told her the paper was green, not the cheese. Now she thinks it's cute. Thank you again.

Julie: I'm freezing with morning temps in the mid to low 40's; I can't even fathom anything less than 30.

Dips: Your new baby is sooooo cute!! Just adorable. How lucky you are.

Have a great weekend everyone. My BIL will be here Sunday night from Italy. It will be nice, but we have to make a few changes and I have to get used to the office being his bedroom for the next month (it's the only spare room we have). I am looking forward to getting all the downstairs painted and he said that if he can find the materials he needs, he'll do my living room in Venetian plaster. While I look forward to the painting, I would love to have the Venetian plaster..it's beautiful.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 07:34 AM   #66  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Weigh Day!!

Good Morning girls!! I weighed in this morning and I am down 1.5 lbs this week. YEAH!! I have been bloated all week so I really didnt think I would lose anything more than maybe a 1/2 lb. I was thinking last night and if I was getting ready to go to Florida this year for Christmas I never would have been able to get on track because I would have always been saying.."Vacation is coming up, I cant diet right now......I would have missed the oportunity to lose 18 pounds because of something that isnt immediately happening. How stupid I was. I hope I have learned my lesson of dont put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

Cal, After your BIL does your room you will have to post pics for us. Sounds nice. I hope you all have a great visit.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #67  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My Gurlz!!!

Okay, so I found a really cool, inexpensive animal hospital for niko. I also invested in my job's pet insurance. I'm telling you, downtown manhattan is for the wealthy and snooty. These people talkin' bout $230 for the first visit NOT including vaccinations or meds if needed. I'm like WHAT then the ******* was like "So you wanna schedule an appointment?" I'm like HEEELLL NO I tell you, this dog better live a long life! I think it would have been cheaper to have a baby :jpker: Anyways,

Angie- Thank you thank you thank you for the gift. You are such a good friend. And way to go on the continued weight loss. You are doing awesome! Kudos for you for keeping on track for the holiday season becasue I am so not! My ticker is lying right now. Good advise for the potty training. Niko was wee wee pad/ paper trained when I got him. I'm trying to convert him to the doggie litter but that is a challenge. As of late I just been taking him outside but i think I may be confusing him He does really well though. Only a few accidents whee he missed his mark on the paper by a few inches. I took him out yesterday morning when it was snowing, at least I tried to. My baby- who usually darts out of the door just stood in the lobby and looked at me like, " I am not gong out there!" It was too cute. But I cleared some ground for hi so he could pee before I took him back inside. Look at me babbling on about my puppy. Okay I'll shut up now.

Noelle- You are so funny. And what a sweetie you are to endure the Post Office madness in the name of the holiday spirit!. And Yes I AM freezing my buns off in the Big Apple sickle This snow isn't making things any better either (though we didn't get that much...yet) I know you're like "Snow? What's that?" It;s that white flaky stuff that falls from the sky when it's cold. "Cold? What's that like?" I am so jealus of you and your 80 degree weather. I'm sayin' Hook a sista up with like 5 of them You should see my managers at HD They're dying to sell out of the shovels and salt and snow blowers. They're like COME OOOONNNN SNOW!

Cal- nice to see you. I see that you are one busy lady. Imagine, kids at home and work If your DD is playing V-Ball your weather must be nice! BTW My pup chews his bad too but it doesn't bother me as long as he doesn't mess with my furniture.

Cherie- All I can offer you is moral support. I'm a new puppy owner myself so I really couldn't help one way or the other. You'll do fine though.

J- WOW it's cold by you! I guess I can feel a little bit better

Okay, so I'm off to petco to get some grooming supplies for Niko. Like it or not he is going to be the diva I always dreamed of! Later girls!!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #68  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Saturday girls. My sis gets home from Bangkok today so I am trying to get the house and yard cleaned up. I even took the rabbit out of his cage and let him run around bit. I tried grooming him but he keeps turning around to where my hand is and looks like he wants to bite me. He's a big fella too so I guess I'm kind of afraid of him? Silly Lucky keeps hanging around the edge of the fenced in area and keeps biting at the rabbit's hair that's flying all around. Silly girl. My mom freaked out and thought she had gotten to the rabbit

Anyway, just being a domestic goddess today...the usual, laundry, bathroom scrubbing, etc... We went to watch the Chronicles of Narnia last night. It was really good. I think I liked it better than the latest Harry Potter movie. It is not a little kids flick though. Much more scary things and war scenes than even Harry Potter. Michael liked it though, he's into scary looking cool things We tried to go and see some Christmas lights as well but it was pretty late and we ended up just driving by the City display and then going home.

Angie, WOO-HOO!!! Good job girl! You're doing so awesome. And that's a good realization to come to, about not waiting until an event to start losing. I am very PROUD and happy for you. I'm having a hard time myself with the exercise part. But w/my sis coming home it should be easier.

Dips, we don't have Petco here either ....But I always hit that store when I go on my mainland trips. I have to give you this website link, they have some FUNNY shirts, both for the dogs and their humans: http://www.ruffruffandmeow.com/ Check it out! I know what you mean about vet costs. You're lucky you even have access to pet insurance! And yeah, it is comparable to having a new baby I cheated a little and had my retired Navy dad take my pup to the military vet--saved BIG bucks that way in vaccinations and such.

Cal, I gave Lucky a new big soft bed and she hasn't chewed it yet (but she did chew the old one). I think she prefers Michael's slippers, the right side only. When I told him to go and find a pair of slippers all he could find were all left sides...go figure. Maybe a bed for Tucker and maybe a gift of a BIG rawhide would keep him occupied? Have fun in your busy day today. I got a question for ya: What would you as a teacher prefer as a small gift from your students--I mean, I know you don't expect to get anything, but when they do give you gifts, what was your favorite thing? I'm thinking about getting Michael's teacher something like a gift card, nothing too huge and spendy, but something she can choose to spend how she wants.

Julie, Lucky is an outside dog through and through. She has WAY too much energy to live in the house. She roams around as she pleases and she gets walks with me. I know she's still a pup but when will she grow out of this? I don't know what to do. Have a nice visit with your family tonight. You have got to try and post pics of your big, beautiful tree! We wanna see it too. I will try and sneak a camera into the Motley Crue concert Otherwise, I just know my girlfriends will get pics of Tommy at his DJ gig. I can't wait!

Cherie, have fun at all your Xmas parties!

Well, gotta get moving today. hi to all and have a good one.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:25 PM   #69  

Noelle: My kids have been very imaginative in the past. I've gotten pencils, pencil sharpeners (no kidding), house slippers, and lots of bath oils, perfumes (which I can't wear because of allergies). I cherish anything the kids get because it comes from them. One year we gave Ashley's teacher a $25 gift card to her favorite restaurant so she would get something for herself and not the classroom. Most teachers, if given a gift card, will buy for the classroom. Just some ideas for you. This year Ashley got her teacher some bath oils and a pin that says teacher and is shaped like a pencil. I may try the bed for Tucker; the rawhide may not work because I think he'll try to bury it as he does some of the larger rocks in the yard that he likes to chew on. Crazy dog.

Dips: The weather here is pretty nice. In fact, today it was hot. I even ran the A/C in my car for about 30 minutes. Wore only a t-shirt and long pants today. My BIL will be flying into JFK tomorrow afternoon. His flight gets there about 4pm then he will be here in PHX at 10:30pm. I told my husband that you mentioned some snow; hopefully the weather will be nice for his flight.

Hello to everyone and have a great rest of the weekend.
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:56 AM   #70  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey guys, I am so ready to pull my hair out with Brit! Me and jay went to Bangor yesterday morning to get cabinets to put up above my washer and dryers and paint to redo the utility room and kitchen. So we get ready to leave and Brit (wakes) up and comes out and asked where we were going and when we would be home. Okay so we left and we thought it was odd that she didnt come with us but whatever. So I have to mention that I also just spent $135 on a new camera cell phone for her because it comes into play at the end of this. Okay when we got home Alicia was sitting homa alone and said that right after we left Brit was talking to her boyfriend on the phone and then she left and said she was going for a walk and would be back later. Well, we knew she was up to the kids house whos mom bought them liquor because she knows I wont allow her there and that is her boyfriends best friends house so we call there and he says she isnt there. Right after we hang up he calls right back and says that she left a while ago so we got in thje car and immediately drive up to his house because we knew she was there. He denies it and we leave and drive around town for a while to try to find her and of course the new cell phone is OFF!!!! So I am getting more and more pissed by the minute and we go to more friends houses and come home and call more friends...noone has heard from her so I call Andrews house AGAIN. well this time noone is answering the phone so we are 100% sure of where she is then so we drive back to his house and he says she isnt there so Jay says look, You can get her now or I will bring the cops back with me and they can get her so he says"oh well she just showed up a little while ago" Well, guess hwere she was? She was up stares with her boyfriend and she took forever to get downstairs. So I think she has probably done something that shouldnt have happened and plus I am sure they were doing something for drugs. We get home and I took her phone and she told me Trevor(boyfriend) wasnt there well, I am going through her pics on her phone and they are of her and him at that house!! Geesh, she is only 14 years old and I dont know what to do. She says it is fun to get into trouble and party. She was not raised like this so I am shocked. We dont smoke, drink,drug....Nothing!! end rant.

Today we are painting the utlility room....actually Jay is doing the trim right now. I already did the walls.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:15 AM   #71  

Angie, sorry girl that Brit is giving you some teenage trouble. She is so lucky to have a caring mom and dad like you guys. Good luck with the utility room I want to get cabinets for my laundry room, I am sick of keeping my laundry supplies out.
Sorry so short and not to get personal but I have to take care of groceries this morning.

Hi everyone!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:29 PM   #72  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, just got back from my walk. It started out with me, Rick, Michael and Lucky....then after about 20 minutes Michael decides he's tired. So Rick walks him home with the dog and I continue on my merry way. I ROCK! We are planning on going to the swap meet this morning, still gotta finish up some Christmas shopping.

Angie I can't give you any advice about Brit but I feel for you girl. You and Jay are doing right by her by staying on her case. Don't lay off, she'll thank you for it later. I would definitely take away the cell phone priveleges, etc. Just remember what it was like when you were her age--my gosh, what am I saying? I am going to be in deep trouble when Michael gets there Seriously though, let her know you know what's going on and that you're watching out for her.

Cal, thanks for the input! It helps.

Have a good Sunday everyone! Be back later.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:02 PM   #73  

Hey guys. The compnay has left and so has Tess. I am actually ok with it too. It is kind of quite around here without her though. I guess this is what poeple feel like when kids leave.

Angie I wish I knew what to tell you too. I remember doing stupid things when I was a kid but I was so scared of my mom I didn't do them to often. I did have friends though that were do right bad. I have no idea how their parnets handled them. She really has no idea how lucky she is to have you two. Any great job on the pounds. That is just awesome.

Cal you guys are having the reactions that I wanted with the cheese. Isn"t that just the funniest thing? I used to give my teachers cookies. I guess back then they weren't scared to take something made by the kids. Now day skids are trying to hurt their teachers and that is just so crazy to me.

Noelle that is great that you finished your walk. I have been down right lazy today. I did kind of straighten up though. I am still thinking about the WW thing. While I was at the store today I was thinking about the stuff I was buying and wondering what the points for them would be. Is it hard to have things that you normally like to eat and homemade things?

Dips I am so jeaoous that you have snow. OUr temp Friday night was 27 and that is as close to winter as we are going to get down here. It did snow last Christmas but I was in CA. I doubt it will do that again at least not for another 15 years if not longer.

Ok guys, I have to sign off and finish dinner.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:24 PM   #74  
so close, yet so far...

Hi guys, my sis and I took the dogs for a walk this morning and got rained on. My sis bought lots of cool things for Xmas gifts from Bangkok, lots of Harry Potter shirts for Michael and even a pink Louis Vuitton Murakami cherry blossom dog leash and matching halter for my mom's dog Selena.....it's hilarious. They only had small sizes so Lucky didn't get one, but she did get tons of dog clothes. They are made in Thailand and sell for CHEAP, like $3-8 US. If you found these clothes in an American pet store you would be shelling out upwards of $25. US prices are crazy but I guess so is dressing up your dog

Kempy, actually when I started WW I found that I could eat MORE than I usually do. I don't know if they give you a start up kit if you do the "at home" online thing, but the book has the points info on tons of food. Just look up what you want to eat and count the points up. The online service has a recipe builder that will do the points for you as well I think. It's an easy plan to follow and it does work. OK, end of my commercial for WW

Angie, how's your day going so far? Did you put an electronic ankle bracelet on Brit yet? Just kidding!

Cherie, I got your Christmas card on Saturday--it's just BEAUTIFUL! I love it. Such a pretty family Now I could show Michael your girls and he could see who the present we sent would be going to.

Hey Julie, Dips, Cal, Red and everyone, have a GREAT day
Old 12-12-2005, 02:42 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Hey girls.. It's Monday again. Blah.

Angie.. ((((((HUGS))))))) I hope that you can get through to Brit. You must be pulling your hair out. I am so sorry... I wish I had some advice, but I don't. We are here to listen.. and I pray that she gets her head on straight and realizes what great parents she has.

Kempy!!! Quiet house? What is that? :-) My house is nosier than ever... Girls and the puppy... all are doing great!

Noelle.. you rock! Doing all that walking! That is so cool! I need to get busy and get back on track. And thank you for the compliment about the card! OH.. and that is funny about the dog clothes.. :-) My dog does well if I remember to put her collar on!

Dips.. so glad you found an affordable vet. I can't believe the price of that office visit! Mine was $30 dollars and I was thinking for a look over, that was a bit much!

Cal.... the gift certificate is a great idea for teachers. Our school is doing something where you give a gift of money in name of the teachers.. so I think that is what we will be doing... it's going for some sort of good cause, :-) I just need to read the flyer better that they sent home on Friday.

Julie.. how are you doing? How was your weekend? Have you totally decided against the dog?

Red.. things going well over there?

Well, my weekend was wonderful..Got to spend lots of time with Alan... and he even gave me my Christmas present early. Right before we were going to the party on Saturday hosted by his friends... he pulled out a bag and gave it to me.. inside was a little box... and no, it wasn't a ring, nor was I expecting a ring.. but I got something just as nice. It was a pair of platinum diamond stud earrings. :-) I have not worn earrings since I was about 20.. or so.. everything that I have tried, makes my ears hurt and swollen and fills them with puss within 10 minutes. It just got to the point that I just quit wearing anything. I told him about this a couple of months ago.. and he remembered. He got me earrings with platinum studs because that is one of the most purest metals and he was hoping that it wouldn't hurt my ears. He was right.. they are beautiful and perfect.. and I have't taken them out of my ears since Saturday night..... I am in awe.. I have never worn earrings without them killing my ears. Anyway... They are beautiful and sparkely and I don't want to take them off!

OK.. well, I need to get back to work.... I'll talk to you guys soon!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote