Old 12-21-2005, 11:21 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Noelle... WTG GIRL!!!!! Woooooo HOOOOOO!!!! That is so awesome.. you and Angie.... WOW... you ladies are really doing a great job... in the mist of the holidays.... I bow down to thee

Julie... I am sure your hubby will love a home depot GC.... he can go get all that manly stuff they like! :-)

Red... you didn't ski????? Oh .. you missed out... and that picture.. it's just gorgeous!!!!! What a beautiful view! And your baby is very pretty too! :-)

Kempy... get better! So sorry you are sick... what a bummer.... I am fighting something off.. but so far, it's been OK.

Dips.. what a mess that is... I don't know what I would do without my car... I hope they get those workers back in their jobs before this weekend.. What a shame to mess up so many people's holiday. How is the baby doing?

Noelle... are you feeling better?

I wrapped about 3/4 of the girls gifts last night... and I'll finish up tonight. I got their stocking stuffers last night.. so my Christmas shopping is done. Now on to packing... not looking forward to that.

Tonight, I am taking the girls to a drive through Christmas Lights Display... and they are really looking forward to it. Right now.. I should really be working on payroll. I am such a procrastinator.

OK.. back to work.. :-)
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:37 AM   #152  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies. I'm up bright and early today, I have to get my payroll done then finish up some invoices. I see the doc for my knee this afternoon so I look forward to that too. Heh, I know I'm getting old when I look forward to seeing the doctors!

Dips, I saw on the news this guy getting super PO'd at a cop because the cop wouldn't let him get onto 96th street or something? He looked a little like Jerry Springer and I thought he was going to start throwing blows! That strike is such an upheaval for you New Yorkers. I really hope it gets resolved soon and that you do get to spend the holidays with your family. I feel for you girl. I also heard the transport workers union is getting fined $1M a day while on strike? Good! It's just not right to make people walk to work in freezing weather. I remember when HI had a bus workers strike--there was gridlock on the roads with all the extra cars on it. It would've been faster to walk anywhere.

Red, those pics are great! You were really up in the mountains weren't you? That's a beautiful shot. And your kitty looks so nice and content. He looks so smooth and sleek. What does Nozomi mean?

Angie, good job on not caving in to temptation and for already getting your work out in! I love exercising in the morning when it's nice and cool, then you just get it out of the way. Yes Rick and I are going to Vegas, next week Wednesday in fact! I had to take my razor blade and shave my soft-sided suitcase that the cats have been using as a scratching post. They frayed the **** out of the front corners. Crazy cats.

Kempy, tis the season for cold and flu Get better soon! Hop on the weight-loss wagon, there's more room every day we stay on plan (since our butts get smaller, bwahahahahaha ) I wanted to buy one of those MK all-in-one type makeup sets, with the lipstick, mascara, eye shadow, etc... I need to figure out which color to choose. I will have to wait til after the new year but I will let you know what I want. Don't worry about feeling like a salesperson...I would rather buy from you than from someone local that I don't know at all.

Julie, thanks for the gift idea. I know Rick would love a GC from Home Depot. That's his idea of heaven I was also thinking about gift cards to restaurants that he frequents i.e. Subway, Genki Sushi, but to stay away from the bad ones like McD's, BK and the like. He's on a healthy kick too and has dropped 18 lbs in the last couple of months. How's your pup doing today? Are your kiddos out of school yet? I bet they are getting so excited with Christmas coming so soon.

Cherie, I know how the work piles up and the days fly by when you're working your way to a vacation. If you don't get a chance to post before you leave, HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS and a great vacation!

Hi Cal...is it almost over yet? (the school week that is)

Well, I gotta get a jump start on the day. Be safe ladies and have a good one.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:48 PM   #153  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi, I had to come in and tell you that I think I may be in trouble tonight!! My neighbor just dropped off a baked Ziti for us for supper. It looks so good but I am sure it is loaded with fat.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:56 PM   #154  
so close, yet so far...

Angie, load up on a salad or other veggies and just have a regular portion size of the ziti. Moderation and you can still enjoy. Oh but I know the perils of warm melted cheese You are doing so great, I know you will survive this, after all it is just food. And don't forget, you already got your workout in so you just built up some insurance to eat a little bit of extra calories.

I am at work now so I better get cracking.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:31 PM   #155  

Man, am I slow today. I feel like an old woman. I got winded just from going to the store. I didn't even get that much stuff.

Cherie I am sure that I have told you this b4 but I can not ski to save my life. Joe swears that we are going to go back and try and this time I get a private lesson. I am thinking I can just sit in the lodge and drink something hot while he has fun. The idea of me crying again just isn't very appealing. Have fun though.

Anige I agree with Noelle eat tons of good stuff first. And, drink lots of water. I have been drinking more water with lemon these days and boy does it make you lose water weight. That lemon just flushes it right on out.

Dips that sucks up there. I watched the news about that today. They said that the workers can be fined along with the union for this. I think what they are doing sucks. One lady said that they get to retire at age 50 as it is right now so what in the world are they complaining about?

Noelle if you tell me some colors of things I can send you samples. I have tons of them and if I don't have them my SIL will. She is my director. That way you can play with them first instead of getting it and not really liking them once you get them. It is so fun having all of the stuff here. It is kind of a bad thing though. I can just walk in the other room and get whatever colors I want. I sewar this is the most makeup I have ever owned in my life.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #156  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thanks, those of you who commented on the photos. Cherie, I can't really ski and wasn't allowed to do anything at the resort, except use the bath, which I didn't. Was too tired after the trip up there.

angie, you have six cats?!?! Wow! angie, Noelle, thee cat is a "she." She's very strange, uncannily smart, not a cuddler but wants to be near me. I found her starving in a park but came up to me and wouldn't leave me be. I named her "Nozomi" because it means "hope," or "wish" and it was in tribute to whatever it was that kept her going, some hope of being taken in and cared for or something. It was all she had as she probably would have died very soon after if I hadn't put her in my backpack, turned away and brought her back home and then went to work.

Kempy, please get well soon!! Dips, you got your walking boots on?! jbbm, cal how's it going?

Sorry, no time to write now.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:23 PM   #157  
so close, yet so far...

Hi girls, well I got to see the Orthopedic surgeon today, he manipulated my knee this way and that, then says it could be a meniscus tear (most likely) or a problem with my knee cap. He referred me for an MRI on Friday, so no resolution or diagnosis until after the new year...in the meantime what to do? I have to just rest my knee until I get the results back. A torn meniscus means surgery (yikes!) but if it's just the knee cap, then that would mean therapy. I'm hoping for just the therapy thank you very much. *sigh* Now I think I'm just going to take my walks nice and easy and avoid the hills on my normal route . I am disappointed about that, but I just gotta keep moving and REALLY watch my food intake for the time being. Oh well, such is life. I WANNA GO TO VEGAS already...

Kempy, thanks for the offer. I will go through my catalog and PM you soon.

Red that is sweet about your foundling cat's name. I have 6 cats as well...they are all a bit strange, one is downright psycho which is the one I like best All of our cats save one are all around 10 years old or older--and they are all neutered so no more oopsies with more kittens.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:08 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Noelle.... I hope you only need therapy too.... knee surgery sucks... My ex had it.. and it was just bad. :-( keep it supported and bandaged tight and maybe that will help it until you can get it fixed. I forgot to tell you I thought your doggie pictures were adorable. They looked like they did not want to be doing that at all... poor things How we torment our young.

Red.. that's a shame you couldn't do anything at the resort... I just learned to ski two years ago.. and it's soooooo much fun... seriously... I can't wait til next week!

Kempy.. I hope you start feeling better soon..... I have a case of the coughs in my chest and that is driving me crazy......

Angie.. how was the ziti??? YUM!!!

OK.. I am about to run my munchkins to bed.. we just got home from seeing the lights at the park... in an hour, When Harry Met Sally comes on.. so I am about to go curl up in bed to watch that!

Talk to you guys tomorrow!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:44 PM   #159  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My girls

Today I worked a double shift because so many people couldn't make it in to work today. Sales are suffering all around the city (Save the yellow cabs ) I want to scream! I'm trying to be sympathetic toward the union but they picked an F'd up time to shut down the city. I don't know how I'm still standing. I am pooped.

Red- you're right about the excersise. That's the good part in all this. 30 blocks a day both ways is sure to slim me down some

Cherie- Hope you enjoyed the movie. I never did see "When Harry met Sally" I bet it's a real sappy one.

Angie- Don't sweat the ziti. No one can make it through a diet UNLESS they cheat a little. You'll be fine, you're on a roll!

Noelle- You're doing great as well. I wanna go to vegas! Take me with you pleeease.

Red- The pics are awesome!! Hope the weather isn't kicking you in the butt!

Okay, I have to go to bed early to get up early to be prepard for my 30 block treck! YAY Union (those rat *******s!) Actually I shouldn't say that. I really d sympathise with them. I hope they come to an agreement soon. With a 1M dollar fine and two days pay lost for each worker, nobody is winning. TTYL
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:11 AM   #160  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!! The baked Ziti was awesome!! I ate about 1 cup of it and some garlic bread with string beans AND.... the scales were down 1 pound from yesterday so I guess I enjoyed it without hurting my diet. YEAH!!

I just got back from the vets for the pups shots, their licenses run out on new years so I had to get it done. I have determined that I will be leaving Candi(to keep Mickey company) and Mickey at the kennel next time we go on vacation. Mickey just doesnt like riding in the car and he gets anxious and whiney when he is around people. Last year he was pretty annoying with the barking at everything so I think for everyones sanity they will stay home next time but we will still bring Rebel because he is spoiled rotten and he loves to ride. I will miss them like crazy though!!

Cherie, I am glad you all enjoyed the lights. We went for a ride last night to see some too. I love it when people go all out on their houses.

Red, Yep 6....7 if you want to count the stray that comes around to warm up and eat all the food. I have tried to get him to adopt me but he just uses me for warmth and food. He likes to wander and plus I think the whole neighborhood feeds him etc. Mine are all neutered too. I hate the thought of adding to the cat overpopulation while there are so many homeless ones out there.

Well, Sorry to be so quick but I really need to get some work done.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:02 PM   #161  
so close, yet so far...

Hi girls, just popping in quickly...I am super busy today. I screwed up something on my last payroll of the year and it affected my own paycheck and am trying to figure out how to fix it with the accountant. I hate end of year stuff! Gawd can you say stress? On top of that I have to run some checks clear out to the other end of town since I don't trust that the mail will get there in time....my fault though, I am SUCH a procrastinator. Enough whining.

Angie, glad you could enjoy your ziti. That sounds so good right now. I am dreaming about what I will eat for lunch. My wallet is empty so I guess i'll have to rely on what's in the fridge at home. Did you guys ever pick up a new RV or something to go on vacation with? You will be so slim and svelte by this time next year I was joking around with my sister that by this time next year I will be ready to go to Thailand for my tummy tuck and boob job . They have some really good plastic surgeons there (with all the sex changes, boob jobs and face jobs they do). And if I need a 6 week recovery period before I can leave, then I have 6 sisters who can fly in a week at a time to keep me company. Just joking about it of course, but wouldn't that be nice? Their prices are less than 50% than US ones.

DIps, I am hoping you can get back to your normal transportation by tomorrow morning so says the news... you will have gotten some major cardio in by then. Can you fit into a 36" rolling duffel bag? (I could sneak you to Vegas with me )

Cherie, last day at work before vacation right? Hope that cough goes away and you have the best time on the slopes. I don't want surgery neither.

Julie, Kempy, Red and Cal, how's your day going so far? Have a great one.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:12 PM   #162  
so close, yet so far...

Angie, I just ordered a Cosmopolitan magazine subscription with the Amazon.com gift certificate. Thanks! I don't normally read Cosmo but I do grab it when I'm traveling on an airplane...can't wait to take one of those silly quizzes to see if I'm good in bed
Old 12-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #163  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys!!! Mickey had an allergic reaction to his shots last night. We got home from grocery shopping and his whole muzzle was swollen. I checked on the internet and then called the vet who said to give him some Benadryl and if it got worse then bring him in. Well, after the Benadryl kicked in he started panting and freaking out so we had to run him over to the vets who gave him an antihistamine shot and also some sleepy meds so he would be able to calm down and rest. Poor little guy! I was so scared. I am going to be a wreck when his shots are due again. Have any of you ever had that happen?

Noelle, No we havent bought a new RV yet. We figured we would wait until next year and then get one instead of paying the high payments all winter. I may not even buy one this year because I found a nice beach house to rent in St. Augustine so I might just do that this year so I will be sleeping right beside the ocean. The campground we usually stay at isnt right on the beach so we have a little walk to get there. So the house would be nice to try.

Dips, I am so happy the strike is over for you. I was so sad thinking that you wouldnt make it to your parents for Christmas. YEAH!! Now you can. Have fun
Old 12-23-2005, 03:26 PM   #164  

I know that we are all getting ready for Christmas but I wanted you all to know that I am greatful to have such a great group of woemn to call me friends. I wish I was able to spend the holidays with you guys too. I am heading out soon to be with the family and I hope to be back chatting soon. If I can't get back here have great Chirstmas everybody!
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:16 PM   #165  
so close, yet so far...

Hi girls, I am heading to the grocery store for some ingredients to make chocolate gingerbread cookies. As I was getting ready for work this morning, Michael comes knocking on my bedroom door. I had the TV on and couldn't hear him at first, but then I heard sniffling. He was sobbing because my sister (the Queen) and her daughter (the Princess ) had eaten a gingerbread cookie man that he had made 2 nights ago. He was saving it for "Santa" and they didn't even ask if they could eat it, they just did. He was crying so hard he couldn't even talk. Now this boy is tough and he hardly EVER cries, so I felt so bad for him. It was a little silly, but I know he still believes in Santa and felt like he wouldn't be able to give Santa a 3/4 eaten cookie SO here I am with my recipe and grocery list and we will be making cookies tonight.

Angie, that must have been so scary for you. Is Mickey doing good now? Poor little guy. That beach house idea sounds great! Plus you guys have that nice truck to get you to the beach.

Dips, I know you are busy at work right now, but I am happy too that you are able to get to your parents' place for Christmas.

Kempy, you know I feel the same way about you guys too. You guys are awesome.

Julie, hope you aren't feeling torn in too many directions. Just take it one day at a time and enjoy the time with your family.

Well everyone, I know tomorrow will be a bit hectic, but I do hope I will be able to get online at least for a little while to wish you all a GREAT CHRISTMAS and Happy Holidays. Stay safe and enjoy it!