Old 12-03-2005, 04:38 AM   #76  
Exercise Queen

No Soda Day 19
Abs Day 13
No Chocolate Day 2

I'm off to bed now. It's 1:30am and I can barely keep my eyes open. I had fun tonight though!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:44 AM   #77  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Meh, sometimes I really don't understand how come I gained weight... I don't drink sodas or juices, don't eat fast food, don't drink alcohol, don't like candy or cakes or pastries and thus don't eat them, have always preferred light meals, walked a lot and so on... But I know the culprits: too much Quaker cereal; too much chocolate!!!; too much ice cream.

I'm doing the "no food after 7 pm" thing as well, have been for years. In fact, when I didn't adhere to it was when I gained the weight. So I'm there for anyone who is doing it, or would like to. Some days struggling, most days doing just fine. Tonight I'm hungry, but that's because I didn't have enough food during the day.

Had to go running alone today, as Steve's shoes were too wet to wear. We did go hiking you see, and it was very very very wet. Got a look from some guy who sped past me in a truck - and leaned out of the window and turned his head back to give me the said look. I'm going to tell myself he liked my hair.

Day 16
ran 4'02" (most of it was uphill), walked 3'27", ran 8'04", walked 4'23", ran 7'18", total time is 26'16", out of which 7'50" was walked and 19'24" was ran.

Running is becoming easy and enjoyable! Perhaps I should switch this challenge with the one I'm doing on "Week at a Time", which is at least 10 minutes on the stationary bike with stretching afterwards AND no sweets (as in, no chocolate ). I absolutely hate that machine... and any other machine of the kind...
Proud to say I did it the first thing in the morning today, and that I've been making myself do it for over a week now.
Completed Day 6 of crunches in the morning as well. Or wait, I've already posted that.

I finally got in touch with the coach at the local tennis club... $50/hr for private instruction. At the club around the corner from my work I get private lessons for $20/hr...

Anyhow, I'm off to make plans for tomorrow... want to go see Portable Iron Houses.

Last edited by Sushi Penguin; 12-03-2005 at 04:52 AM.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:16 AM   #78  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink

Hello, all! Should be doing work but came in here to get caught up. I am terrible when it comes to procrastinating on a story, waiting till the deadline is upon me...well, I got those crunches done this morning, so the challenge is done for today. It's nice when it's not something you have to be vigilant about all day long, isn't it? I think this is my first such challenge..

Sushi -- It's a shame, really, that you gain weight when you don't eat so much of so many things, but again, it's not the variety, is it. it's just the calories and you can certainly get fat on chocolate and ice cream. That said, you are so light to begin with! 137 (or around there!?) pounds!! I'd be a stick. No, actually, if I had a lot of muscle I think I'd be pretty lean, then again, who knows, I don't know what that is in kgs, don't feel like figuring it now....god, I am tired. Am sick again, chest pains, sore throat. Well, Sushi, I suppose the guy was checking YOU out, not the hair, and liked what he saw. Why is that hard for you to believe? Congrats on Day 16! Wow! You're almost done!

Shad -- The beer police will be visiting you shortly.....beer "going off" in your fridge?!?!? That's sacrilege! And, I'm pretty sure it constitutes a federal crime in Australia! Knitting? You can knit for me. How 'bout a little coat for a runty Papillon. There is one at the riding club and it is so tiny I can't believe they probably paid tons of yen for it. But it is very cute, just because I have a hard time believing it's a dog! There is also a big Lab, a small Jack Russell and a French bulldog. That should keep you busy, no? Good going on the crunches and it sounds like you had quite a workout in the gym! Way to go!

Phoe -- Hello there! Glad to have you aboard! Your challenge sounds like a great one. It will be hard, but with a bit of planning it'll become easy. I would suggest finding a couple good lunches that you can make the night before. In the beginning repitition can make it easier.

CBETA -- Good luck!
stagemom -- Triple challenger!! You are sizzling! Major kudos to you!

Well, let's see. We have a lot of people showing up regularly now and new faces. But where are some of our old regulars? Mez?! friends?! icedragon, I saw that new avatar! Wow! stacy? You only showed up a couple times, I think....Anyone else who hasn't shown up in a while? Come on back!!

Last edited by redballoon; 12-03-2005 at 06:26 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:44 AM   #79  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Red, 65 kg as of last Wednesday. It says that the tracker isn't right
I know it's not THAT much, and that many here on 3FC struggle with A LOT more. But still, it's a big thing for me. Having been at 117 two and a half years ago, 144 or 137 isn't light, nope.
I don't have to eat ice cream or chocolate... it's enough if I eat the recommended 3 meals/day with reasonable portion sizes and I gain weight!!!! This is just insane, but that's the way it is for me.

I'm actually posting because I found one of my old threads. Heck, I don't think I actually believed I could do what I'm doing now!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61214
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:49 AM   #80  

Good day everyone! I'm on day 4 today and feeling pleased with the results so far. I am back on Weight Watchers and have been journalling and totally on track with their program. If feels comforting and like and "old friend" right now to me. My home scale is still showing me down about three pounds from the beginning of the week. Nothing official until WW weights me in, but I am relieved.
Today, I might start some exercise as well, but I am not ready to make that part of my challenge yet. My challenge is to be on the WW program with food and journal for now. I'm doing it!
Congrats to the rest of you for your sucesses. Red, way to go with that scale success!
Welcome to CBETA, it is hard to start up anything like this and committ yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Sushi, that guy in the pick up truck was looking at how marvelous you looked running for sure! I admire runners and just have never been able to get into it.
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:36 AM   #81  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

yesterday was day 20 for me.. 1 hr at the LWE, circuit/resistance training....

sushi: I also told the dr that i did not over eat.. but what i have found is that i am very sensitive to carbs/sugar.. and it doesnt have to be obvious sugars>> it can be high glycemic fruits, vegetables, pasta, white rice etc,cereals, white flour ... what i found is that just about everything i loved... was a high glycemic food>>> beets, corn, noodles,

foods that have a high glycemic value turn straight to FAT! & carbs act like sugars before exercise can burn them off before they hit your liver.. where as proteins are used instantly by the body for fuel

perhaps you should add more protein to your diet, u can add a protein supplement (whey protein powder) that will only cost you @ 120 calories...

Red: i am like u when i was in college and had papers to do i did my best writing at crunch time.. i worked on the ideas in my head.. but never wrote a word till the day before it was due! for some reason it seems to work better that way! something about the creative flow!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:41 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Hello Everyone! Is it okay if I join you?! 21 days of anything is really daunting I want to try the week at a time challenge too, so I guess I will join in on Monday, if that's cool!

Here are some of the things that I want to work on:

Eating under 1800 Calories a day (I know it's TERRIBLE).
Working out every day (I used to be good at this! )
Getting outside every day - so maybe taking a walk outside, even though it's cold.

I guess for the 21 challenge, I'll do eating under 1800 calories a day. I think that is probably the most important one!! Level 2. I may not lose at 1800, but I don't think I will gain!

Then maybe I'll do the walk every day for the week at a time challenge. How do you work that around rain days?! I don't think I will walk in the rain - definitly not the cold rain!!

Well, I guess I should introduce myself! I joined 3FC a few weeks ago. I got involved with a group on the Buddy Up area and disappeared for a week! I decided to get involved in more than one group and after searching for the last week, here I am! I am 26 and live with my boyfriend and two cats in Maryland. I work from home and enjoy gardening, reading, cooking, beading and other arts and crafts!

I guess that's really all I have to say about myself! Looking forward to getting to know all of you!! Oh, yesterday I was under 1800 (go me!) but today is Day 1 of course!

Ees
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 02:45 PM   #83  
Exercise Queen

No Soda Day 19
Abs Day 14
No Chocolate Day 2

Workout finished now.

Last edited by stagemomx3; 12-03-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #84  
Staying in 1derland!

Default day 21

Day 21 !!! 1 hr of circuit/resistance training!

now to think up a new challenge for the next go round!
Old 12-03-2005, 05:42 PM   #85  
Exercise Queen

Curly!
Old 12-03-2005, 05:42 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylocks
Day 21 !!! 1 hr of circuit/resistance training!

now to think up a new challenge for the next go round!
Congratulations curly!!!
Phoesarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:31 PM   #87  
Never give up

Red face change of plans...

Good morning, everyone. I am not happy this morning. Went to bed feeling sick and it has gotten worse. Had to cancel out riding and I feel so bad doing that. I so miss my horse and I know she looks for me. But, with this trip coming up to Hong Kong, I couldn't afford to get any worse. Nothing worse than traveling when you're sick. So, I decided to stay home, get this story written that is hanging over my head and try to prepare for the trip a bit. I had planned to ride, go to the gym and then get home and do the story. What a bummer. This happens a lot. I was all fired up because of the weight loss and was fired up in general enough to be out there exercising. I didn't think I was overdoing it but I guess I was or at least I was for the onslaught of whatever germs are around me. Oh well, the extra sleep has surely done me good. I will do the crunches at some point in the day and get back to you to report a victorious Day 6...when it is in the bag!

curly -- THREE CHEERS FOR CURLY!!! Congratulations on completing YET ANOTHER challenge round!! Come back soon with another one!

stagemom -- Good for you!

eesabella -- Hello! Of course you can join us! Please do! Yes, 21 days is a lot of anything, mostly because it is the consistency that makes anything really hard. Most of us can do most anything for a short time, but sticking to it consistently, long enough and often enough for it to really make a change in our bodies or our lives, is not easy at all. I think persistence is perhaps the hardest thing there is. Well, it sounds like you've taken on quite a difficult challenge right off the bat. But, 1,800 calories is one where if you eat good foods you should not feel hungry AND you may still have a bit left over for some sweets or whatever your indulgence is. That said, is it EVER a matter of eating because we feel hungry?!?! Not often, right? The week at a time challenge is a separate challenge and has nothing to do with here so I don't know their rules. I think you decide with that though, not sure. I walk in all sorts of weather. I have to. Walking in rain can be quite fun, but you have to dress right. I have ponchos and rain suits for when the wind is too strong for an umbrella or I can't use an umbrella because it'll spook the horses (I often work at a racehorse training center). If you think of yourself as gearing up for a mountain hike where you have to be prepared for whatever the elements throw you, you will feel and be much more in control and not jeopardize success with a ready excuse. By the way, we don't mind if you declare a retro start and call this Day 2. Sometimes it helps get you started. A few of us, myself included, have done that. Kind of like doing it before you realize you're doing it. But, it's your call, of course! Well, hope to hear lots from you! Good luck!

derry -- on getting through to Day 4! I am very happy to hear that you are doing well with your old friend WW. I think I gain the most inspiration from people like you, who clearly battle the ups and downs of life and our own inner obstacles AND YET pull through for periods of visible success. I wish they may be long ones! Note I said "visible" because I think the very fact that you do not give up is a success but one that does not outwardly look like one. The scale inching downward was an enormous lift to me. It has not moved in so long I was starting to think I was stuck here forever. I think a big part of the weight loss came about because I had, through my no-sugar and no-white-flour challenges, learned to break the stranglehold on those trigger foods. However, the extreme restriction was causing me to still overeat, although I was eating healthful foods. Now, though my challenge is nonfood related, I am still on a diet or trying to be and allowing myself anything but I have guidelines that are more or less imprinted on my psyche. This is the ultimate goal, to be able to eat and exercise in a way that will get the weight off and THEN, perhaps more importantly, KEEP it off. Days like today, where I am frustrated and depressed because of the enforced change of plans, are the most trying. But I can do it! I have a bit of inspiration now. You too, Linda, keep it up. You are a very strong woman and very hard on yourself. You can do this for yourself and will! Best of luck!

Sushi -- Ok, thanks for the math. You're a tad taller than me but yes, I can see how you would want to weigh less. Also, I have tons of muscle, seem to always have it. If you don't then 117 is not unbelievable. Also, I am understanding more and more now (perhaps because I live in a land of reed people!) where someone can not simply be happy with looking good or being healthy but actually prefer to be skinny, prefer a will-o-the-wisp type body over a more substantial one. I think it's wonderful that there are all sorts of body types out there. I miss that here as people tend to be the same. Your talk of such low numbers has me thinking, yes I can get there too and I find it quite inspiring! Good luck and, oh, thanks for the running thread. I always liked running but got into weight training so heavily (pun intended!) that I packed on the muscle and that is not conducive to running. Now, I still want to keep up some weight training but force myself to go lighter and concentrate on the running. An old marathon training book has surfaced in my room and I am thinking of getting into it again. Ok, 'nuff outta me!

Old 12-03-2005, 07:54 PM   #88  
Staying in 1derland!

thank u all for the cheers!!!

awww Red i hope u are feeling better soon! Red maybe u need to try the protein powder as well.. protein fills u up .. and shuts off the hungries

wow we have 3 maryland gals on this thread now!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #89  

CURLY!!!! CURLY!!!!
Way to go! I think you must be the 21 day challenge record holder!!!!

Day 3 SWN, Day 2 WALK Done!

Welcome newbies and to everyone else!
Red, keep riding that 1 pound karma!!!!Hope you feel better soon!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:48 PM   #90  
Never give up

Talking

Thanks, curly. Thanks, Apple! Actually, though I'd kept my weight tracker at 158, I had probably gained and was above that but didn't want to change it. I only change it to reflect the lowest weight I've been at (in recent days). So, actually it was more than a 1-lb. loss. I'd been thinking I had totally blown it for Hong Kong and would be way above where I had been. But, NO!

Apple, I am holding that victory foremost in my mind and adding it to ....

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...

...Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things...

...When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad."

Oh, yes, excellent article here on a bodybuilding site. Hardcore and tough, but maybe some of ya'll get something out of it. Check it out! http://www.burnthefat.com/?doc=faqs&qaid=202