Old 11-28-2005, 09:33 PM   #1  

Default Week At A Time Challenge #23 - 5 Weeks Left Till Christmas!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

December 25 is our newest short-term challenge date - Even if you are not celebrating Christmas feel free to take on that date with us or December 31 (New Year) as the end of the challenge. The object is to strive for consistent weeks of goal achievement resulting in big losses!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:21 AM   #2  
Cynical RedHead

Good morning. I am going to try to do 5 servings of fruits/veggies again this week. I only made one day last week, and didn't get all 5 in yesterday, but am going to keep at this until i get it right.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:46 AM   #3  

Hi Everybody! I am feeling so sad to hear about your brother Bonnie may God give you all the strength to bear this pain....... it was good you could visit him...take care...
this morning my scale was good to me yesterday morning it showed 156 lb my intake yesterday was
1 cup serving of oatmeal for breakfast
half apple for snack
for lunch lentil soup
for eve snack a toast with 1/3 less fat cheese and taoast and tea
late snack some pretzels
dinner tortillas and chicken
lots of water
30 mts of ex Abs and Arms of steel 2000
today morning weighin was 154 lb how meraculous
I am on the same food today too lets see if by the end of this week I am back on track and loose some extra lbs
so long girls
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:58 PM   #4  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Quoting myself from the old thread:
The goal is:
NO SWEETS & AT LEAST 10 min on the STATIONARY BIKE with stretching afterwards.
The challenge is:
to meet both of those every day (one does not count!)
Bonus challenge: to use the stairs at work, not the elevator (I work on the ground floor, so not much need for the elevator, but still)

Monday went great, I even got a chance to use the stairs. Tuesday I got home with a horrible migraine, laid down to rest a bit and woke up in the middle of the night. So I didn't do anything. And I had a chance to walk up the stairs at work, but I used the elevator... we had a meeting, and I wasn't too sure of the location, so I preferred to stay in the group.

Weight in this morning 65 kg...
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:18 AM   #5  

Default Morning Ladies

Let's try this again - I inadvertantly posted this on the old thread!

The following are the standings for last week (which was great for a holiday) and reposts of goals for this week. . .

Fishwoman

sandy - - goals for the week - 64 oz and exercise in the evenings.

carla and for no weight gain!

Sushi - goals for the week "NO SWEETS & AT LEAST 10 min on the STATIONARY BIKE with stretching afterwards. The challenge is to meet both of those every day (one does not count!) Bonus challenge: to use the stairs at work, not the elevator (I work on the ground floor, so not much need for the elevator, but still)" for Monday's goals met!"

Betty - for 6 days of Goals met! Goals for the week - exercise 3x a week and 64 oz of water a day - We are behind you and a for Monday's exercise goal met.

Elanjel - Goals for the week - Exercise 5 times between Sunday and Saturday (did 1 full workout on Sunday, 4 to go). Track the water--aim for 64 oz.

and even I made the scoreboard this week !

Bonnie - we are thinking of you

Have a great day ladies!

mscat
Old 11-30-2005, 05:38 PM   #6  

Hi! Everybody, Today I am reporting late it is late evening here
Today I did 45 mts taebo
for breakfast I am eating oatmeal
early snack 1 boiled egg white
early tea
lunch 1 whole wheat toast and kidney beans and spinach
now The Binge I ate one each of snack size twix and baby ruth ( craving for choclate was too hard to resist)
still whole evening is left but I am estimating that I will have a cup of tea with my DH
and later same lunch as dinner
thats all girls will catch you all later........bye
Old 12-01-2005, 06:05 AM   #7  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Quick update, before dial-up drives me insane...

100% on target with sweets so far. Got a chance to walk the stairs at work yesterday, but that will be it for this week, since I didn't go to work today and I'm not going tomorrow. Taking fake sick days, yes. Just figured I better get some real rest, which hopefully will cure the headaches and migraines. That's better than having to take a day off here and there.
I'm jumping on the bike as soon as I'm off the computer.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:22 AM   #8  

Hi! Everybody my challenge of water is not going on well I am done with like 40 oz almost everyday since tuesday I have to go to restroom so many timesI wonder how everyone else is doing with that.......yesterday after afternoon I justwent crazy ate 2 bars of choclate (snak size) later on while watching TV ate 3 more then ate at least 3 servings of potato chips then guilt caught on me and I did 40 mts of TAEBO then winded off to sleep and Bingo today my wt is 153 lb less than yestereday either I am crazy or the scale.
today it is tea so far and
see u all later girls......
Old 12-02-2005, 06:42 AM   #9  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Sandybhat, just persist with the water - I really struggled at first (Mscat, Carla and Bonnie will probably remember), but it does get easier with time. Perhaps set yourself too big a goal for the beginning - better to start with a smaller quantity of water each day, make sure you get that in for a week or two, then increase gradually, by no more than a glass or two per week.

Carla, I just remembered, you asked me about yoga on last week's thread. I'm totally inflexible, so inflexible it's embarassing, but I'm determined to improve, and yoga does help. Just need to start small. I have a very good instructor right now, she says it's all about building up your strenght. So she breaks everything down for us, tells us what to do (and how) if we're not up to doing the whole posture. It's very helpful. What sucks for me, is that I have to work hard to maintain any improvement I make, there is no way I can stop for a few weeks and then be at the same point.

I've done my 10 mintues on the stationary bike every day but Tuesday, and have stayed away from sweets all week. I know 10 mintues isn't much, but it's always something. I don't think I could take more than that, I hate it, but my intensity level is quite high, so I actually do get quite a workout. Maybe with time I'll have the drive to increase to 15 or 20 minutes.

Hope everyone's challenges are going good.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:17 AM   #10  

hi! Sushi, I will try your tip for water, and maybe I need to take challenge for not eating sweets, as I had mentioned we r going to India and so we bought lot of sweets and candies some individually wrapped ones those r the ones I am after the twix,snickers...... from today to sunday no choclates for me that is an addition to my challenge with water and exercise.
see you all later girls bye.............
Old 12-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #11  

Bonnie, it's good to see you back, and we'll all be having a challenging weigh-in next Monday, I think. (There was a little chocolate-dipped cookie binge here last night...)

I don't remember if I declared a challenge this week or not, but if I did I've messed it up anyway. So I'll be looking for something doable for next week's theme. Maybe Sushi's idea of 10 minutes per day, in my case on the Gazelle? Why, oh why is it so hard to do something that simple?

Sandy, your idea of no sweets sounds like a good idea - you're sure to indulge while you're in India, but if you can abstain until you leave that will certainly help. And I agree that the water challenges are always hard, especially when it's cold out. Maybe you could count other non-caffeinated drinks in the total?
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 09:51 PM   #12  

Default Hi Ladies

I have been overwhelmed the last couple of days. I have missed you but have been checking on your posts. Me? Worked out Wednesday and Thursday a.m. but didn't get it in tonight. Did well on my water 2 days in a row but again not well today But I have 2 more days to make it count.

Sandy for Wednesday and Thursday (even though you thought you had blown it). Have a safe trip - We will miss you I am struggling with water too - tried drinking a 50 oz bottle (2 for a dollar at the Dollar General). Sushi is right on target. Also try not to guzzle it. If you stay consistent - you will get used to it.

Sushi for Thursday and Today.

Bonnie

carla - the simplest things can be hard - hang in there.

Have a great ngiht ladies.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #13  

i read that this post is a "weekly" give it a go site.
I can give it a go.
I wanna try the water thingy for seven days.

I have noticed that water, exercise and eating right does it for me.
so I'll start with the water (on record) and be mindful of what I eat (off the record). I hate exercise, so that'll just have to be something i put my mind to later on (way, later on).
Since it's Saturday, and i havent drank any water yet, i guess it's time i start.
bbl
cyjolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:57 PM   #14  

Evening Ladies - had a great day - spent the a.m. with my church volunteering at our annual Natity event (over 100 nativity sets from all over the world on display!). I took my water bottle and got in my first 32 oz while working. Did another 32 in the afternoon and another 32 while watching "The Aviator" w/dear hubby

Bonnie - you are so sweet - I can always count on you to take care of our group when I am faltering

cyjolly to our little group. As you can see I am struggling with water too - today is the first day I mastered more than 64 oz all week! How much water are you shooting for? Let us know so we can lift you up when you fall short and you on when you reach your goal.

Have a great evening ladies - Buckle down and stretch on Sunday to make that last day count toward our weigh in on Monday.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #15  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Summary of the week:
10 minutes on the stationary bike with stretching - all week but Tuesday
no sweets - messed up on Sunday, when I had a pastry I could easily have said no to
Got to walk the stairs a few times at work too, so overall it's 5 days.

It's Monday here, so let me decide on my challenge for this week...
I'll stick with 10 min on stationary bike with stretching AND no sweets, PLUS no food after 7 pm as I struggled with this a few times last week. Again, one or two of the tree don't count.

Good luck to everyone else