Old 01-11-2006, 05:38 PM   #511  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Hello from work

I've got a basketball game AND a Smokey Robinson concert going on simultaneously (you'd THINK I'd be busy) but I'm just taking a sec to pop in and say hello and cheers to all the Chicks who roost here. I guess I'd lost my notifications (maybe since I sign on from several different computers). I managed to get in my weight lifting session today, but I've YET to get my ample bottom motivated to do a REAL work out at home. Turtle, what's it going to take?

Cyber hug to my sweet neighbor to the north (Melly Pooh). Hang in there Chica.

I'd address you all, but I've gotta jet..... I will soon though, if time allows. I don't like to take up too much space.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #512  

I just posted pics in my journal. PW's new years post got me trying to visualize how a healthier ,fitter me would look and feel.
I cant seem to do it. The first pic is me in 1995 at 180lbs.The 2nd is me at 230lbs in 2005.
I dont really see a whole lot of difference but there must be. I dont feel a whole lot different physically either.
sigh, LOL!

HUGS to all. Triple HUGS for Melly!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:24 AM   #513  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Holly, don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that you can't see a difference in yourself. I looked up pics from Shad's visit (40 pounds ago) and now. Ain't no mistaking the differences and I am all too aware of the physical changes too.

This is where I want to be again (although not exactly on a Florida golf course as a gator was sunning itself behind us). Funny to think at the time of this picture I thought I was massively huge.

So tonight even tho I wrestled with toffee mini Heath bars as I walked in the door - the Heath bars won - must have been tipped off by Meadow's chocolate fruit balls. - I did go an hour on the treadmill - even got up to a light trot.

DH said I do not sound like Olivia Newton John - unless it was her as she was about to be crushed under the wheels of a monster truck he said. Can you imagine that? With the headphones on and the IPOD cranked up, I thought the resemblance in our singing styles was uncanny - I like to sing along as I'm treading. aren't you happy you don't live next door to me?

Lisa, I thought we blew the weather up Mel's way when Ceejay, Painter and I were done with it. Guess we swept it over by you. Sorry. Oh wait a minute, Painter didn't get any rain either, did you?

Shad, when we redid the kitchen in our old house, they gutted the ceiling along with age old insulation and bits of things I'd rather not think about. It was a total mess. I would not breathe anywhere around there. So IMHO sanding was the way to go. Hope you get that paint off. I found near boiling water, a good set of rubber gloves to protect your hands and one of those nylon scrubby things for the non stick pots helps to get the bits off. Have to be careful you don't scrape away too much. And vent away on the family if you need to, just didn't want you getting frustrated for nothing. I still giggle at the tremours of the DB facing BOTH sisters at once

Ok, got to go log my stuff and hit the sack. Bye chicks.

Oh and by the way, this is NOT a picture of me and Shad - sorry if my post implied this.

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-12-2006 at 01:36 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:53 AM   #514  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hey I knew it wasn't me.
1. I am not blonde
2. I am not that tall.

DB is already shaking in his boots. His OTHER sister has announced she will be over for his 50th birthday next October. Guess we won't need to organise fireworks!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:42 AM   #515  
Choose your hard

You forgot to say that you don't play golf either
Old 01-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #516  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Hello Chicks!

I can actually say I read all your posts and caught up. Thought it would take me hours and it didn't even take one!!! Why is everyone sooo quiet?!?!?!?
Maybe I should write a long post just to take up this wasted space
Doctor #4 sent me home. Sorry no can help. So the last appt (I hope) will be tomorrow. So far no dice but I really knew this going in. Come Monday I am just going back to the Land Of The Living and "just keep on keeping on".
I feel like I'm looking for love in all the wrong places. All I need is Waylon to come push my chair!!!
Been reading up on the Sonoma diet book. It's not far off from the plan I was on but gave me some new ideas, recipes and plans.
Been exercising every day. Hopefully Linda still stands with the prod ready to zap my butt..... It's really helped me feel in control of at least ONE part of my life. God know the other parts keep getting away from me!
I am glad that you all sound relatively well and happy. Keep it up.
See ya tomorrow or Saturday.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #517  

Default Nice Motivation

Hi guys -

Melody - very nice motivational thought for the day!

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:28 PM   #518  

Good morning everyone.

Don't tell me all the New Year resolutions are falling away already - it's only 13th Januarty - aaaah Black Friday and it is quiet in here. Where are all the lovely posters? Carla? Jennifer? Teel? So where is Painter? Linus is catching up on sleep lost over the past couple of months.

Yesterday was very busy again. Scrubbing, washing, laundry, seems like just about everything in the house went through the washing machine or the kitchen sink. I'll put in another big day in the kitchen/ diner today and the clean up should be finished. Horrible job. I took three showers and three changes of clothes to get through it. Today is move the fridge, clean down behind it and scrub the walls and cornice, then get onto the opposite wall and finish that off. Such fun - NOT, but the success of the job is all in the preparation.

Tomorrow night I get time off to go to DS2's birthday party. He is celebrating being 30. I am celebrating the fact that he got that far! How did he get so old? The following weekend is also time off as DS1 comes to visit with the ladyfriend. I have about 12 coming for a bbq on Saturday afternoon latish. I know what meat is going on the bbq and now have to think about vege for vegetarians and salads for all.

Mel - so sorry to hear that they have decided that nothing will be done to help you, but then you guessed that anyway I know. It's will be a case of having to just keep on keeping on and do the best you can for yourself. Sheer determination and bloodymindedness should do the rest.

Holly - I can see differences in the face - difficult to see anything else with baggy t's - but certainly the face is less angular, more chins probably and if you had measurements to compare, I would think you may see in places like shoulders, boobs and the lower chest. Essentially you look the same but the differences will be in strange places like mine is. Your lower legs look the same but who can tell about the thighs with those shorts - bet they have an elastic waist - right? Very difficult to tell if you have added inches when the waistband expands to accommodate!

Happy - great picture of you on the golf course and your are right. What I do on a golf course can not be called playing golf. My golf could be likened to Donald Duck marching through Georgia. How delightful of the DH to tell you that you sounded like ON-J going under a truck. One suspects he may sound like Tiny Tim doing the same thing were he to sing on the treadie. A light trot is good. Keep going and going and going.

Lisa - good to hear from you - how is the spinning going?

Turtle - Keep popping in. You don't have to address each one individually everytime. It's too hard to try and keep up with them all when they are posting regularly. The weights session is fine. How long do you take for the session. Realise that you ARE doing it. Even the experts tell us that 30-45 minutes a day of sustained movement will make a difference. I don't do it because of that. I do it because I can eat more if I want to. What ever floats the boat at the time.

Ceejay - are you still cycling?

Okay, I am off back to have a look at that site from Madcat. To see what else we can do to disrupt the wedding - sliding on floors in socks, holding court from the throne, what else, what else.
Then I had better get into some old clothes again and carry on scrubbing. One more day should do it. Then the plastering, more sanding, then the paint. Getting there.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:50 PM   #519  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad yes I"m still cycling. I've just been busy at work and have had no time to do what I want to do. Luckily the brink of the going's on at work will be done when I get back. They are modifying the water plant controls system.

Holly--I saw the pictures in your journal. I like the red hair.

Hello to all the rest. I want to get ready (still in pj's) and drive to Blytheville to Walmart super center and to Lowe's. Shad just reminded me that tomorrow is black friday. I need some extra food in the house and they don't have what I want here at the local grocery store.

I have had a bad week last week. It was all the fault of the pizza toolast Friday, way to much sodium. I retained almost 7 pounds of fluid. I took a fluid pill and hence the problem is resolved but no more pizza for me. The fluid took me up to an amazing 195 pounds(almost fainted) but I'm back down to 189 but that's to much weight.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:22 PM   #520  

Friday the 13th and a full moon....must mean something spectacular!!!

Shad~ I AM definitely bigger all over. I wore an XL and now a 3X.In day to day life it is hard to see/feel it. I dont remember being any different.When I was younger, in fact before pregnancy, I never weighed myself except at the doc and I only went there every few years. I did work out, do yoga and eat well and in the city i walked a lot more.
Metabolism, age, lifestyle has all changed and I agree with ALL LindaT said to me. The hard part for me is internalizing it and really sticking to it. I KNOW in 10-20 years I will regret this weight and what it will do to my joints, heart etc.
I need to BELIEVE it.Act on it.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #521  

hi chickies ,no the floor wasnt that wet but needless to say he isnt being bathed in his changing unit anymore hes now relagated to the big bath where there are no electric sockets or wallpaper to wash ,im at the docs tomorrow for my zyban again it worked the last time so heres hoping .i have come to the conclusion that the over weight housewife with the dodgy back doesnt suit me id rather be then totally outrageous rock chick i used to be i dont dye my hair anymore{and it really shows}i havent been arrested in over 17 years {fathers ever so pleased}and i still dont have the black panther tattoo crawling over my left shoulder{hubbys very very pleased}but i just feel theres none of me left ???? the kids still say im totally crazy so there must be some of the real me left in there ,maybe its hiding under the fat???? and boy do i need a boob lift had a cj free morning today so i thought ill be nice to the pooches and take them for a run along the top of the golf course ,they put a walkway in there ,sort of like a mini park with trees and shrubs and mowed paths rather than concrete its very lovely in the summer but very bare now ,and much to my horror discovered that it doesnt drain very well at all needless to say two very wet and muddy dogs and one extremely well balanced if not splashed owner who is very glad that the hundred times or so she slid she stayed off her butt
bye for now
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #522  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Somehow I'm sorry you haven't been arrested in 17 years, Linus. But maybe after the boys get a little older... After all you ARE the Totally Outrageous Rocking Chick. You've just been sidetracked for a while.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:13 AM   #523  
Choose your hard

Linus, you will ALWAYS have it. Good luck with the ciggies. As a show of support, the day you quit, I'll stop eating chocolate.

Hopefully it's quiet because people are all busy getting things done in their lives, tho it WOULD be nice if they'd at least pop in for a short while.

I got my workout in today even tho I was very tired for some reason. Very hungry today also. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. We have a holiday on Monday - not sure if I want the 3 day weekend or will work on Monday to catch up and take the day off another day. Have to decide by tomorrow.

Not much else to say right now except good night. Sweet dreams.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:55 AM   #524  
Radiate self!

Had two Mars bars for dinner tonight. At least I didn't add more calories. 260 per bar, I checked Ate fine the rest of the day. No exercise. Not into analyzing the why, this too shall pass. Chocolate just seems to be this weeks necessity.

Congratulations to you all for your exercising and conscious choices to feed your body with long lasting fuel. Commitment to change.
I mean that, way to go! It takes some of us longer to make routines work, I'm a fall, get up, try again type of gal

Linus-you are sounding happy and fiesty, glad to have you back

Holly-hmm, full moon, that affects behaviour right? You are lovely. I know you want to see the bones, but the 3X looks good on you. You'll get there, enjoy the journey. Life is now.

Happy-nice decision making... I would take the long weekend and deal with whatever when you are faced with it and back into the grind. I think your look very happy and chipper on that golf course, you should get back there and hit a few

Ceejay-the salt does seem to trigger stuff doesn't it? not just the water weight but I think it messes up your taste buds and you end up searching for more salt. Like Chinese food, eat it, then you are hungry an hour later. Mind altering drug is salt. Sugar too

Shad-have a wonderful time at the birthday party. I hope you get a thank you card from your son's girlfriend for giving birth to him Three showers, gol blimey, that must have been one grime filled, aching day. Do you have a decent moisturizer? Must play havoc with your fine self.

Mel-I hope you are feeling in control of more things today I wish I could be on your side of the continent and help lift your spirits. Keep your thoughts looking forward.

Sing
Sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things, not bad
Sing of happy, not sad

Sing
Sing a song
Make it simple
To last your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not good enough
For anyone else to hear
Sing
Sing a song

La la la la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la

Sing
Sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things, not bad
Sing of happy, not sad

Sing
Sing a song
Make it simple
To last your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not good enough
For anyone else to hear
Sing
Sing a song

Have a good one everybody!
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:30 AM   #525  

Okay everyone, I have now given us a new home. Click here....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...36#post1079836