Old 11-14-2005, 11:27 PM   #1  

Default Week at a Time Challenge #21 - 8 Weeks to 2006!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:56 AM   #2  

Hi! I would like to challenge myself to 1500 cals per day for one week. I am starting a day late, but 6 days will still be tough, and rewarding if I make it. See you tomorrow!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #3  

Yikes! It's time to put my winter-loving money where my mouth is - blowing snow and wind out there this morning. It always looks so much worse from my cozy bed. At last - validation for leaving my snow tires on all summer: I'm so far behind I'm right on time!

Apple! A familiar "face". Mscat is a gentle but persistent taskmaster. Always a kind word when we feel we're failing, always arms full of congrats when we succeed.

This week my challenge will be no "obvious" white flour. Meaning that I won't beat myself up if I eat stew or something that might have some flour hidden in it. A challenge indeed, as I'll be off on a business trip until Saturday afternoon. (At least I don't need to worry about flour hiding in the airline food because there ISN'T ANY AIRLINE FOOD anymore. At least no free food. Only fast-food sandwiches for purchase.) Starting today, of course, because of the little Wendy's incident after spinning last night. This one will be one of the hardest yet for me, hard enough that I think I need a second challenge so I can feel like a success even if my good intentions are wasted paving roads... Challenge number 2: walk at least 5000 steps per day. Also starting today.

I'm not sure how to go back to reread last week's thread without losing this post, so I'll be a little approximate here. Bonnie, was it you who founded the larda** club or whatever mean thing you called some of us? If I keep on moving, I'll have to hand in my membership card! (Don't worry, I expect I'll be with you for some time. Even at my most active - training for a marathon - I was still your basic couch potato. Some of us are just meant to be horizontal. Lying on a recamier or a lounge chair, sipping champers and nibbling bonbons... but I digress.

Wow. While I was writing this the snow stopped for a while and is now back in a wetter, pre-freezing-rain sort of way. There's nothing like freezing rain to make me long for snow...

Mscat, as you can see I haven't cured my little verbal diarrhea problem. But I did very quietly meet my exercise goal 5 days out of seven last week. Hmmm. It seems like I have more time to work out when I'm not babbling on at you lot. Who knew?

I may find myself out of touch until the weekend: not taking my laptop, NO internet cafes in Calgary that I've ever been able to find, and I don't know if the hotel will have an acceptably priced business office. I'll try, but...
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:33 AM   #4  

Hi! Everybody it is raining heavily today so no point in going out will do my TAE BO. I can only do 30 mts of it but watch the rest of it. my weekly goals r the same doing ex,drinking water.
fish woman you r so good at walking keep it up........ I love walking too but just dont have time my 2 yr old keeps me so busy no time.....so long girls.
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:44 AM   #5  

I think it is 1of 3 wishes who is walking sorry fish but you r so good yourself doing yoga and all even if you r not walking Thanx for the advice on the portion size and 1 of 3 wishes I got lost reading the thread # 20 when I logged on to #21 I got in names keep walking...........
Old 11-15-2005, 03:14 PM   #6  
Wishon a star

Hi all!!

Wow, another week and I am right on track! Yippee!!

I decided to try to get my walking done during the work day which means walking at lunch as well as both breaks. So, yesterday at lunch I took off for Angel Stadium (I work across the street) and made it 'round the beast!! I only had to walk about 300 steps once I got home, but overshot that and managed to log 10,724!! I also drank all 84.5 oz of water!

Today, the Santa Anas are in full force; very hot & very windy. But I've braved the elements at first break and lunch and am half way to my daily goal.

My 48th birthday is two weeks from today and I sure would love to be able to buy a smaller pair of jeans that actually fit!

Thanks for being here and keeping me honest with myself!!
1of3Wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:15 PM   #7  

On track for the water so far.

Also did a good weights workout and signed up for some personal training sessions (40th b-day present to myself!)

Take care, all.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:52 PM   #8  

Ok, what happens if I mess up? I blew my calories on a chocolate shake. Do I wait until monday or keep trying?

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 11-15-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:30 PM   #9  

Default Tuesday Kudos!

I haven't forgotten to give kudos for last week!

Bonnie - Great to have you back and even though you weren't doing a challenge, you made the scoreboard one day.

Sandy yeah for a whole day of keeping your goals.

1of3wishes

Fishwoman

Carla

And for this week . . .

Apple We are so happy to have you join us - as everyone said keep going - we shoot for the week but everyday is a brand new day.

Bonnie for Monday

Elanjel for Monday

1of3wishes for Monday and Tuesday!

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

mscat
Old 11-15-2005, 11:06 PM   #10  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Just wanted to say I'm back to posting - I had very sporadic internet access in the past 2 months.

Right now I'm working on drinking my water and maintaining a light meal plan, with no sweets/chocolate and such. I'll be adding more soon.

Just wanted to say hi for now and apologise for my long absence. I haven't forgotten you, and I've been sending good vibes full of support.

Sushi
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 09:29 AM   #11  

Hi! Everybody, wow!! congrats Bonnie 1of3Wishes
you r doing great!! keep it up........ I am so of this time because of choclates and cakes they r so tempting I just love them and cannot eat in moderation and this major wt loss of 15 lb I did from feb last yr and again the crucial time is coming I am scared.........what iz your secret of getting through this time ??
Sushi Penguin & Apple Blossom, Apple I fall off the dieting wagon all the time if you too r on the ground pl dont hesitate just climb on......... you r doing so good.
Yesterday watched what I ate and drank plenty of water, was well enough
Today tea so far.......
so long girls got to go for
Old 11-16-2005, 11:32 AM   #12  
Wishon a star

Just a quick post this morning.

I accomplished 10,264 steps yesterday and struggled to get the last 2,500 of them! Drank all my water!

Today will be really hard as I won't be walking during working hours and will have to do all 100 minutes of walking when I get home tonight. Cheer me on, I'll need all the support I can get!

Hope everyone as a good OP day and you meet all your challenges!
1of3Wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:48 AM   #13  
Cynical RedHead

Hello all!

I wanted to pop in and say hi! I am doing a 3-part 21-day challenge (no alcohol, 30 minutes exercise, and under 1500 calories each day) and right now can't think of anything to do for the week long challenge! I was going to do no chocolate, but with all my other restrictions I have to have my little square of dark chocolate as a treat (I have 1 square, and it is 26 calories). When I think of something, I will jump back in. I will definitely come up with something by next week's challenge.

I can't believe how close we are to the end of the year. Everyone is doing so great! Have a wonderful day!!!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:38 PM   #14  

Success: no eating after dinner last night, and drank lots of water.

So far today: on track with the eating (even tho. I did a big no-no and shopped while hungry--I bought a dark chocolate bar for DH--it is high in antioxidants, after all).
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:23 PM   #15  

Default Nite 'all

HI Ladies - I am on track with my exercise - got up and did a 25 minute treadmill workout

Sushi back! It's good to have you with us again. Great goals - we are here to support you.

Sandy - Hang in there! I agree with you this is a tough time. When tempted I try to imagine what I will look like by avoiding such temptations. Also try to remember that this time next year or even as soon as a near future holiday you will be able to enjoy those temptations in moderation.

1of3 - for you and all those Wednesday steps!

Fishwoman - :congratultions - you are an awesome example for us one week at a timers!

Elanjel for meeting your Wednesday goals!

Bonnie for Tuesday and Wednesday goals! You rock.

Have a great night.

mscat