Old 12-13-2005, 12:23 PM   #121  

Hi all...at work and gotta hurry to get this posted Just wanted to say, NO, I didnt lose this week either. I'm really disappointed but even more determined to LOSE this next week! Emjay, we gotta get back in the groove girl...we were on our way!

Better run and at least look busy! ha
Miki
MikiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:30 PM   #122  
lose2win

Miki,

I am sad that you didn't lose, but misery does love company. We are both going to lose next week even if it is only a pound. My challenge for myself is to absolutely make sure I excercise every day (it's the only way for me). I did 2-mile watp today. Ok, here is to a better week.

emjay
emjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #123  

Hello Gals. How is everyone's day going? Mine's okay, I am not feeling all that good though, I have a sinus infection... which just plain sucks. So I am all tired and stuff too. I didn't do any type of exercising yesterday, but I will try my hardest tonight when I get home from work. It kind of sucks because I don't get home until 9:30 pm and now I am even more tired from being sick. Anyways some good news - my boyfriend comes home on FRIDAY!! Yay!! I can't wait to see him. Then yesterday he told me that he gets another 10 days leave on January 11th!! So he comes home this Friday - the 16th and leaves on January 2nd -- and then comes home again on the 11th!! I am so excited that I get to spend even more time with him!!

Anyways maybe I will just do the 2 mile WATP dvd tonight... and not the elliptical and the bike. I really want to but I just don't think I feel up to it. Well I hope all is well with everyone and I will talk to you guys later!
sweetn'crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #124  

Just quick post again tonight...still got tons of stuff to do before bedtime. Allison Hooray for you that your b/friend is coming home soon! I know it's really hard being away from him for such long stretches.

Emjay, I'm going to try hard to lose this week, but to be honest, I am feeling pretty discouraged today, kinda like I'm losing steam. I need some major motivation! (or maybe another cyber kick lol) I'm off this Thurs and Fri and then again next Wed thru the next Tuesday. Hopefully that'll give me time to rest up some plus to get rid of some stress that work causes at times. Just been feeling a little overwhelmed lately with work, holidays, trying to change eating habits, adding exercise, etc etc etc. Anyone else get in this rut?

Anyway, might be in a slight slump, but I REFUSE to give up. I'll be back tomorrow.

Miki
Old 12-14-2005, 06:27 AM   #125  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Well girls this is a hard time to lose for me I am trying to maintain more than anything at this point. But maybe with all the busy work and running around I will lose? Now that would be great but we'll see. I haven't done the scale thing lately but have been checking the way my clothes fit, rings etc. I think things are going okay. At least for today I can say that. I have been baking but try my best to package it away pretty quickly. That way less temptation. I have attended quite a few parties and thats tough. At the office so far I can say no one has really brought much in. The girls are after me to bring in goodies but I am not til next week. I have been trying to at least be good with breakfast and lunch times. If I can eat healthy with those two meals it makes a difference. Yesterday I was able to stay with in 1450 calories. The goal for the day was 1400 to make up for the extras the day before. But at least I came in close. I am also making sure I use the stair case at work instead of the elevator and walk a bit quicker. My friends always mock me about how quickly I walk but it helps. Have a great day and don't get discouraged every little change can make a difference. My down fall in the past is that if I over eat is to do it for the whole day or two. Now thats not good!
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:01 AM   #126  

Good Morning

Sounds like all of us are a little stressed these days, whether from work, from baking and shopping for holidays, from family situations, etc. Let's try to keep focused and not let these things cause us to lose sight of our goals and overeat, which of course causes MORE stress once it's done. I know with me, immediately following a binge or giving in to something I know I dont need, I always regret doing it. Then, I'm discouraged and mad at myself. Seems that stopping on the front end would save us some misery huh? ha.

Carol, my co-workers mock me too. I walk fast also and not just because it helps, but I am usually trying to do 3 things at once so I have to walk fast.

Erricah, come here and vent anytime you need to! It's a great stress reliever. Hope you have a good day today.

Emjay, thanks for the sympathy....if I couldnt lose this week, at least we didnt lose together...you're right...makes us both feel a little better..haha. We're gonna make it this time tho, I just know it.

Well, once again running late for work. Gotta get off here.
Have a good day, all.

MIKI
Old 12-14-2005, 11:11 AM   #127  
You Will Get There

S/C/G: 316/316/200

Height: 5'7"

Default Oh Happy Day Oh Happy Day Oh Happy Day

Hey Everyone,

This week is going very well. I am not allowing myself to become stressed out. I am at work and gotta type fast. I weighed myself at work today and I lost FOUR pounds!!! HOORAY!!!! HOORAY!!!! I was expecting the scale to go higher. I try to cook dinner every night but some nights I just don't feel like it.
I haven't been eating take out or fast food for dinner. I do buy from the cafeteria and watch what I purchase. If this keeps up then I will lose even more weight. I also began taking the light rail to work instead of driving. Now I have to walk to and from the train station which is approximately 7 to 10 minutes. Now that winter has set in, it is very cold outside and I walk very fast. I wear scrubs & sneakers to work. The scrub material is very very lightweight. I wore my long johns today and it made a big difference. I am not trying to be cute and sexy in the winter (unless I am going to a function). I need to stay warm. I am seriously contemplating moving to another part of the country where it is not too hot and definitely not too cold. I hate winter.

Congratulations Allison --- I know that you are thrilled that your boyfriend is coming home.

Last edited by erricah; 12-14-2005 at 11:24 AM.
erricah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:13 PM   #128  

Hey everyone,
I would like to join you on this journey of healthy eating and exercise.
I have been looking and reading for like 2 wks. trying to find a thread
that's feels right and comfortable. I think you girls are it. I too once belonged
to a group on another site about 1 yr. ago and they just drop out 1 by 1 and
now the ones I knew are gone so I was in search of a new group. I've really
enjoyed go back and reading all your post here and getting to know a little
about all of you.

A little about me: I'm a southern girl, from S.C. I'm 45. Married to my high
school sweetheart for 28yrs. now and I have one son that's 23. I lost about
83 pounds 10 yrs. ago but have gained most of that back and would really
like some support to get healthy and fit again.

Hope I can be a friend to you all.
Have a great day,
Rivergal
Rivergal60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:33 PM   #129  
lose2win

Welcom Rivergal, Wow another person who has lost all their weight at least once in their lives! Well I hope that together we can all make it stick this time. Congratulations on the 10 lbs. you have lost. What have you been doing diet and excercise wise? Always looking for new ideas...

Erricah, Congratulations on the weight loss. Wow, 4 lbs. that is great. And I bet the extra walking everyday is really going to pay off too. Good for you, keep it up.

Miki, I feel like I am slowly getting back on track. Yippee!!! We must not get down on ourselves though, we were only going to maintain this holiday season remember? I am convinced we will do better this week.

Allison, That is awesome that your boyfriend gets a nice break to be home. We probably won't hear from you much during that time, ha ha. Well I hope you have a wonderful visit. Hey, did you get the resistance belt w/ your watp set? If so do you like it? Right now I am just using 2.5 lbs. weights in each hand to do the resistance (seems to work well). But I was curious if the belt would be worth sending away for. Thanks.

Carol, Wow, sounds like you are doing pretty darn good w/ the calorie intake. I would think you should be losing at less than 1500 a day. Good for you for holding off on the goodies at work. That was always a huge temptation for me, I could never seem to say no to them at work. Keep up the good work.

Well I had a pretty good day eating wise today. And I did my 2-mile watp as well. I went down to the basement and dug up my old aerobic stair and plan on doing a step aerobic tape tomorrow. I think I need a little variety.

Hope to hear from everyone soon...

MJ
emjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:54 PM   #130  

Hi ladies!

Welcome, Rivergal! The more the merrier, so just jump right in! We have a great group going here and we're happy you want to join us.

Erricah, 4 lbs is AWESOME! And you thought you had gained....what a pleasant surprise, huh?

Emjay, I think I'm getting out of my slump too and feeling motivated again. I had a grilled chicken wrap and diet coke for lunch, an apple for breakfast and tonight I made a skillet of stir fry veggies with a couple pieces of chicken breast mixed in. Before I ate, I did 30 min on my AirWalker. Just now, about 2 hrs after supper, I did 30 more

I'm off tomorrow and Friday and I plan to shop all day tomorrow. That will be exercise in itself, but I am going to try to do more AirWalker before I head out in the morning. Hopefully I'll do ok with my eating at the mall.

I need to go pay some bills online so I'll know what I can spend tomorrow Better get that done...almost bedtime around here.

Miki
Old 12-14-2005, 11:21 PM   #131  

Default can i join in?

hi yall from texas. i am 34 and needing to lose 60 to 70 lbs. dont have much time to give my entire story tonight but will return tomorrow night to inform yall of my situation.

whatcha think? can i join this support group?
emily34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:18 AM   #132  
30 lost, 55 to go!

Hello all! I've been missing for a couple of days

Actually, hiding is more like it, lol. This week I need one big huge cyberkick. I've become overwhelmed too Miki. The Christmas rush is starting to get at me. We ordered pizza last night...yup I ate more than I should have. I figured I would take it easy on lunch today...but forgot I had to go to a luncheon, so ended up eating a submarine sandwich (no, it wasn't turkey, lol)...then tonight we were so tired out from shopping we at in the food fair.

To sum it all up, I feel tired, no energy, and bloated from eating bad. I'm pretty darn sure I put that 2lbs. back on...but I'll wait until Saturday to confirm it for sure. I deserve it I guess, but I have kept on my 1 hour of walking.

It will be challenging again next week. 22nd is dh b-day (taking him out to fancy steakhouse), 23rd is big family gathering (will be easier to control at this one), 24th is smaller family gathering, 25th is dh's family gathering.

So....I have to try harder!!!!

Welcome to Emily & Rivergal. We are always glad to see newbies join us in the battle. Looking forward to getting to know you both.

Erricah...4lbs...WAY TO GO! A dancing carrot for you! Be very proud that you aren't giving in to the stress...I will use you for inspiration (hope you don't mind).

Carol, good job on the calorie count. I will try to use you as an example too, lol.

Allison, happy to hear your bf will be coming home soon. Hope you guys have a lot of fun together!

Emjay & Miki...I will try to get my groove back on too!

Oh...that's all the updating I can do for now. I'm going out of town this weekend, so I want my place looking clean and shiny before I go. Talk to you all tomorrow!
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:15 AM   #133  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Well its getting pretty close to christmas and lots of goodies are around. Last night we built our gingerbread house with lots of candy. Can't say some didn't slip into the mouth. Then there were a few potatoe chips too. But overall not to bad of a day. Good breakfast ,lunch and dinner was scrambled eggs. I did have italian bread today a bit more than I should of. Too many carbs. all in all for this time of year not a horrible day. I feel good in my clothes not awful so something must be going right. It is probably all my running around.I will have in 34 hrs. already this week at work so I am going to take a few vacation hours and take friday off. The weather is suppose to get bad later on. Well gotta fly try and be good its tough at this time of year! But every bit of effort in good choices helps balance some of the others.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:50 PM   #134  

Default Cold Rainy Day!

It's been raining and freezing rain all night here. Everything is iced over today. and it's so dark and dreary. But warm and cozy inside. Good day for reading. Anyone else love to read?

Emjay, I've been more or less doing the 3 hr. diet and 8 minutes in the morning. I really like it, I can eat this way. You eat every 3 hrs. to keep your motabolism going. It really makes sense to me. Anyway, at meals you have
1 serving of protein, 1 serving of carbs, and the rest of the plate with fruits and veggies. and 1 serving of fat. then inbetween meals you have a 100 cal.
snack to keep you eating every 3 hrs. No foods are off limits. I have fruits for breakfast with a protein and carb and then veggies with the other meals. It's a balance diet and easy to do. I like the 100 cal. snack pack cookies they have now. IT makes it easy to allows have a snack handy. And I love the little Debbie marshmellow treats. By the way if you're over 200lbs, your snack can be 200cal. till your weight goes below 200. The 8 min. in the morning is I work out 2 muscle groups every morning using dumbbells. It takes very little time. I want to keep doing this and add more exercise to it. Got to get back on that bike and treadmill that's just sitting there.

Miki, Hope your shopping days are fun. All my family is going on Friday. Hope this weather is much better by tomorrow.

Allison, your BF is coming home on my Birthday, Jan.11th. special day!

Errica, this is for you: 4 pounds is GREAT!!
By the way My future daughter in law's name is Erica.

Eating has been pretty good so far today. I'm just trying to maintain during the holidays cause I know there's too many Christmas goodies to say no to. but I plan to exercise and burn the calories as I go to keep the balance.

Then after the holidays, Girls it's: No!!! That's not it!!! LOL.
Just kidding. It's:
and then:

Ok, enough silliness,
Everybody have a wonderful day,
Rivergal
Rivergal60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:28 PM   #135  

Hi Everyone!! How are you gals doing?? I'm doing good... getting really excited to see my boyfriend in 1 day!! to the group Rivergal!

Anyways - we got a HUGE stowstorm last night.. so that was really a lot of fun to drive home in. ugh.. I have been doing pretty good lately on not snacking as much. I have also lost 3 pounds!!! I went to the DR. like 2 days ago.. it was pretty exciting! I guess exercising really does work.

Emjay- You're right - I probably won't be online much in the next couple days since my boyfriend is coming home I will still try to check in though. I really do like the resistance band. It really works your muscles hard! I really like it. If you are using weights though.. I think it's pretty much the same thing. It is a really good tool though.

Miki- I am going shopping tomorrow too ( I have off on Fridays) so I can get the rest of my christmas shopping done. That should be some good exercise.

WW- Don't worry too much about having a bad week. Just jump right back on like we always say! I think we will all do better after the holidays are over.. it's just so much temptation with all the goodies , and plus a lot of added stress. It's hard to find time to exercise too.. oh geez.

Well I better go do some work. I will probably check back on later tonight. Talk to ya'll later!
sweetn'crazy is offline   Reply With Quote