Old 11-23-2005, 10:11 PM   #31  

Hi everybody

Well, I only made it 15 min on my Air Walker this morning. The batteries went dead in my portable CD player and I just cannot make myself do it without the music. I guess 15 min is better than nothing though, and I went at lunch and bought more batteries.

Last night I had chicken sauteed with bell pepper and onions with corn on the cob and a salad. Had fruit for breakfast this morning again and homemade soup for lunch. Tonight I had more homeade soup and a big salad. For a snack today, I had baby carrots dipped in Fat Free Ranch dressing. So far so good...wasnt easy....my boss kept offering to treat us all for ice cream or sundaes or whatever we wanted. I kept saying, "Nooo...I am NOT eating that stuff!" He kept saying, "Yeah sure..you'll want some." Well, that definitely made me determined to stick with it just to prove I could do it. (to be honest, he doesnt need it either..he needs to lose more than I do..haha)

It's so cool to see how much our group has grown in just a week! I love reading everyone's posts. All of you are inspirational to me...thanks!

Has anyone ever tried the Tamilee Webb's "I Want That Body" exercise tape? My sister and I did it back when we both lost before. At first we didnt feel like it was doing anything. It lasts 30 min but it literally only felt like 10 minutes! We loved the workout. The first time we did it, we thought it was just intermission and the thing was already over. Now that's my kinda workout for sure. You need 2-5lb weights to use with it, but it really works. We didnt realize how much until we quit using it for awhile then took our measurements again. We both were several inches bigger in a very short time even though we still walked and were eating right. We didnt gain weight, just inches. We figured out that we could lose with the walking and eating right, but that workout with the light weights really firmed everything. I need to get up the energy to try that one again.

Well, tomorrow is the big day, the big "test" I guess to see how much I overdo it. I am going to be realistic..I know I'm going to eat things I dont need. I will probably also eat more than I need, BUT Friday is right back on program. I also plan to exercise before I go to my Dad's for Thanksgiving. (Saturday noon and night are two more "thanksgivings" we have to attend...dreading having 3 but once again, on Sunday, I'll be on program again until Christmas. I am going to try hard to only moderately indulge myself during these holiday meals. I'll let you know how that goes.

How often are ya'll going to weigh yourselves? That's another problem I have. I tend to get obsessed with the scale when I'm trying to lose. I am constantly wanting to check my progress. I think I'm going to weigh every Monday. The biggest weigh-in will be January 1 to see how I really did throughout the entire holiday season.

Maybe in January, for the new year, we can all come up with some challenges to do together. Like not eating after 6 or drinking our 8 glasses of water, etc. Just an idea.

I guess I better get off here for now. Have a fruit salad to make for tomorrow. (not a diet one either ) Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow.

Later,
MIKI

MikiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:03 AM   #32  
lose2win

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I went to country line dance lessons last night. Dancing is such wonderful excercise and a lot of fun too. I've decided to stick w/ the line dancing and skip the salsa because salsa almost requires a male partner. I have a few friends that will attend the lessons every Thursday night. Our only obstacle will be weather. We are have a blizzard today, a chance of 6 to 12 inches of snow before tonight. Yikes!

I have two dinners to go to today, I'm going to try not to overdo it. I feel very motivated to lose weight so I think I can do it. Good luck to everyone else too!

Miki - I plan on weighing in on Tuesdays. I can't wait to see the scale start going down. I have a friend that weighed 100 lbs. more than me and she has been going to WW (also going thru a divorce) and has lost over 80 lbs. Watching her get smaller is very motivating for me. I have not heard of that Tamilee webb tape but I will be looking for it now. I also can't wait to see how well your new eating plan works, it sounds like you are sticking to it quite will. Good for you.

Well I need to sign off - tons to do. Emjay
emjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 04:55 PM   #33  

I did it!!! I dragged my butt to the gym today. I think I worked out for about half hour on the machines and then I did my abs...2 sets of 10 of everything that I was doing. Siiiiigh. I wish losing weight happened just as fast as GAINING weight. hehe
~Shawna~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:56 PM   #34  

Well, we just got home from my Dad's. I did eat too much but I didnt overeat as much as I normally would have. I wore pants that were already tight before I went, so I felt miserable pretty quick. It made me feel like I ate a ton of food but when I got home and out of those pants, I felt fine. Guess that's a pretty good trick...if you wear something tight, you honestly can't comfortably eat very much more than normal. (oh yeah, I skipped desserts..only had the other stuff, just plenty of it)

I didnt get to exercise. I was just stepping onto my AirWalker this morning when my mother, my mother-in-law and then my sister all called. I was on the phone so long there was no time left to get my exercise in before having to get ready. Kinda put me in a bad mood because I really really wanted to get that done before eating lunch. My husband told me I needed to try not to be so rigid with things like that and not let it ruin my day just because I missed my exercise, but I dont consider exercising once a day "rigid"..Plus I know me...it wouldnt take but missing a day or two for me to be back out of the habit. I am going to TRY to get it done before bedtime. I refuse to get out of this habit.

I hope everyone is having a nice Thanksgiving Day.

Way to go, Shawna!!! You'll be seeing those lbs go down faster than you think if you keep up that gym workout!

Emjay, don't ya just hate having 2 on the same day? That's how we'll be here on Saturday. One is bad enough temptation. Line dancing with friends sounds like fun...you wont even think of it as exercise, just fun. Congrats to your friend who lost 80 lbs..that's great. I'm envious.

No cool weather here today. It was high 60s and sunny. We sat outside most of the afternoon after everyone was finished eating. The kids played football etc. I joined in basketball for a very few minutes but I was too full to keep up for long. ( I have 3 sisters who all have kids and my stepmom has 4 sons, 3 of which have kids so there's a big group at all holidays) We're kinda like the Brady Bunch and except instead of 6 kids there are 8. We didnt grow up all together tho because my parents didnt divorce until I was 21 yrs old.

Debbie, Lynda, and Brandy, hope to hear from ya'll soon.

Everyone remember...tomorrow is the day to get right back on track from our excess eating today ( at least mine was excessive) Even if we all eat well on Thanksgiving and again Christmas, if we stay moderate on all the other days, we should still be able to maintain or even LOSE by the end of the year.

Guess I'll go for now. My posts always look like I'm trying to write a book! Sorry, I just get all caught up with the excitement of losing this weight!

Miki
Old 11-24-2005, 06:52 PM   #35  

It's me again Just trying to see if my new tracker turned out ok and shows up on here.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:54 PM   #36  

Hooray...it worked!
Old 11-24-2005, 10:34 PM   #37  
lose2win

Hello all,

I overate today too, who didn't right? It's Thanksgiving! I didn't eat as much as I normally would have though... I did my WATP tape this AM which I was very happy about. Yup, right back on the program tomorrow.

Miki, Breifly tell me how you got your tracker on your signature line. Thanks. Oh yeah and your idea about the challenges sounds great. I'd love to think of one that we could do thru the holidays that pertains.

Talk to everyone tomorrow!

Emjay
Old 11-25-2005, 12:35 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 199/196/170

Height: 5'4

hello everyone
Hey Miki great idea on the tight pants, I have also been wearing my Jeans instead of my wonderful ol track pants, I have to feel uncomfortable to remind myself not to eat so much.
I feel for you US girls and guys, Hope you had a wonderfull Thanksgiving, know it was hard.
emjay keep up the line dancing, I use to do that, mmmm.... wonder if it is still available around here, you sure sweat up a storm doing that, I remember

Good for you Shawna going to the Gym, way to go GIRL!!!!!!
Lynda
homemade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 12:43 AM   #39  

hey WannaBe3 and Brandy hows it going ????
WannaBe3 what if you just crank up your favourite music cd and turn off the sound of your tape and go to town!!! this way you won't have to listen just watch, good luck
Good for you Brandi, KEEP UP THE WATER, and exercise I know about being tired believe me, I feel I live half my life being tired, it really sucks, but I hear others telling me IT WILL get better, so I keep going, we can do it together
Old 11-25-2005, 12:45 AM   #40  

golly I am back again, I just love this place, I just wanted to tell everyone I weighed in tonight at TOPS weight loss center, and I am down 1.5 pounds, more motivation, slowly paying off....
Lynda
Old 11-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #41  

Hello all! You guys all did so good with your eating, way to go!!

I have no one but myself to blame for my eating I've got to just accept it and realize I can only do better tomorrow. My husband opted to work a 2nd shift for OT today and my son went home with my parents yesterday. this morning wasn't too bad, my husband and I went to get our Christmas tree. Ended up being a little more $$$ than had hoped but, am pleased to say he and I worked ok together (for once, ha) and got the 14' beast in the stand, in the house and now ready to be decorated. It's pretty cool how big it is, hopefully it'll fall out good and been a good pick. THEN...we ate leftovers......and I've pretty much been in bed ever since after lunch when he left for work.

Now I need to find some energy and do some house cleaning and maybe get some energy and do the 2 mile walk tape. I did manage to do the tape yesterday morning. Had my mom do it with me. I think maybe I'll get her one for Christmas. I'd really like to see my mom lose, she has been up/down her entire life and is probably 100 lbs over weight. She's a breast cancer survivor, 6 yrs I believe now, and has some other health issues and her drs are begging her to change her eating habits and lower her weight. I"d like to have her around for many more years, not to mention my son ADORES her!

Yes, I like the idea of putting on other music while doing the tapes. I was hoping to be able to play the tape and have the music come through on the dvd player but if I switch the auxillary to dvd/cd well then no picture appears on the tv screen as the tv is now searching for that input source. Whole thing is confusing and irritating and I'm not about to ask Brian to see if he can figure something else out on that mess because what it took to get it to work now was a nightmare. So I had thought about using my son's walkman and doing it, well gee after finding it, ain't it broke, grrrr. So.... that's on my Santa list, course I need a new cell phone so my husband sent me a link last evening of a couple new phones with mp3 players, that might be cool. Anyone heard, seen, used or know anything about them?

Ok, I've been procrastinating enough, plus my dogs are whinning for food, you'd think they'd be starving or something, gosh what a life!

Big Congrats again to everyone for keeping on track I can only hope for a better day ahead.

Debbie
WannaBe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 09:52 PM   #42  

Ok, confession time I have a few retractions to make concerning yesterday. Ok so I didnt have the desserts at lunch...welllll, I ended up going BACK to my Dad's and ate a huge piece of pecan pie!! Then I didnt feel like exercising so I didnt get any in at all except that few min of basketball. Planned on doing some before work this morning, but my son had twin friends over and they slept in the living room where my AirWalker is. I didnt want to wake them up so I didnt do it. (again) I still havent ruled out doing it tonight. Just have to see how the night goes. There are 3 people in my Dept at work, and today one was out of town and the other came in but 5 min later was sick and vomiting. I told her to GOOOO!! I didnt want that stuff! That meant I had it all to do by myself and I'm tired. 10 hr day and I never took a break once, not for lunch or anything. Did not have one bite of anything until I got home tonight around 6:30. (not that I needed it after yesterday!) Had my soup and salad again when I got home. It's not that I love soup so much, it's just that I made such a big batch that I've been eating on it for days.

The eating I did yesterday should teach me a lesson. I felt really yuck by bedtime. I had so much more energy and felt better in general the days when I was eating right. I could tell a huge difference yesterday. Tomorrow we have our other 2 get-togethers. I'm going to try to stick to turkey and veggies at lunch. Going to skip the heavy stuff if I can possibly resist it. Tomorrow night we're having lighter foods like chip/dip, chicken salad sandwiches, etc. Of course there'll be plenty of desserts also. It's really easier for me to pass those up than the chip/dip. I LOVE chips/dip...I cant even keep them in the house because I can demolish them all in one sitting.

Lynda, I love this place too! I'm so glad you all joined me here. Congrats on another 1.5 lb!

Debbie, you're on the ball. I havent even thought about getting my Christmas tree out yet. I got one of those fiber optic ones last year. It was a $199 tree and I got it for 20.00 at a store that was going out of business.

Emjay, good for you for doing your WATP tape even on Thanksgiving I think if you copy and paste this link in your address bar, you'll be on the page where it tells how to do the tracker.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56332
It sounded complicated at first but really wasnt. I think they're cute.

Have any of you ever gone into the chat room here?( if there is still one here..I guess I should check that out) When I used to come here before, there was a chat room just for members of 3FC. If it's still here, we should set up a time maybe at least once a week when we could all meet there to chat together! I think it would be fun!

Brandy and Shawna, missed ya'll today! Hope I didnt leave anyone out. If so, it was completely unintentional. I love hearing from ALL of you!

Better go for now.

Miki
Old 11-25-2005, 09:56 PM   #43  

Hey, Emjay, I dont think you even need to copy and paste that link...just click on it right there in my post and it should take you there.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:12 PM   #44  
Opulent

Hello Ladies! I post in the TOPS and Support forums, usually listing my food and exercise daily and wanted to jump in here too.

I have done really well since starting my plan towards a healthier me...losing over 20 pounds in under a month but I feel so hormonal that I can't stop feeling like I have bloated up 10 POUNDS and I am worried about my weigh-in on Wednesday. I've been haing a losing streak (5.25 pounds last week!) and I don't want to stop losing! Even if it's 1/2 a pound on Wednesday I will be grateful. I have been exercising but feel like I need to step it up even more to continue my losses. I guess I am just stressed out and feeling worried about regaining weight. Anyone relate?
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:55 PM   #45  
lose2win

Hi Everyone,

I am so glad I did not host either Thanksgiving dinners yesterday, because I had no left overs today. Usually I'm eating the very stuff we fear for 2 or 3 days after. But I did have some guests over tonight and we ordered pizza, not too much better I guess. But I have vowed to myself not to eat any leftover pizza tomorrow. What my husband doesn't eat tomorrow is going in the trash. Pizza is a big temptation for me.

I did not excercise today, unless you consider day after Thanksgiving shopping excercise. I did make a point to park quite far from the doors of the stores I went to so I would have to walk more. I definately will do my WATP tape tomorrow. And my friend is bringing her 3 boys over to my house tomorrow to go sledding. I plan on participating in the fun. Trudging thru the snow up hill is great excercise, of course you Canada girls already know that. Ha ha.

Debbie, That is great that your mother is a breast cancer survivor. I think it is awesome when someone beats cancer. It sounds like you two could really stick together and be successful with weight loss. It is cool to have an excercise buddy, makes it less boring. I have been thinking about an MP3 player as well but don't know much about them. I'm not very savvy when it comes to downloading music. Best of luck to you for a great day tomorrow...

Miki, I think I got my weight tracker right I guess I will see after this post. Thanks for the info.

Yogini, Congratulations on your 20 lb. weight loss. Unfortunately I am just starting on my weight loss journey (for the second time in my life) so I haven't had that fear of regaining yet. But definately remember it from the past. Try not to dwell too much I'm sure it won't be as bad as you fear. Wow, how are you losing over 5 lbs. in a week. I will have to look at your other posts and take some pointers. Thanks for joining in.

Lynda, Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Shawna, Good for you for going to the gym. Keep it up.

Brandy, hope to hear from you soon.

Emjay