Old 11-12-2005, 09:45 AM   #1  
Mellissa

Default Looking for a "Bye-Bye Belly" Buddy

Hi everyone, I just stumbled on this sight yesterday and I thought I'd give it a try. I'm a 23 year old nursing student thats been overweight ALL my life. I also have one of thoes familes that lets you know over and over again that you've gained weight and need to loose a "few" pounds, which doesnt help at all! But this time I need a change for real, I'm engaged and I'm going to get married in March of 2007 so I want to start loosing as soon as possible and do it slowly, the healthy way, instead of going on a crash diet which usually doesnt last. I refuse to be 190 lbs in my wedding photos!! I'm doing this for mostly myself and for my fiance. Since I met him I let my self go and gained 30 lbs, so I want him to marry the girl he met, not whatever it is that I am now!! So if anyone is interested in being my buddy I would love the company!!!

SwellN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:44 AM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Good morning Swell! I am 23 as well and just got married in May so I know what you have ahead of you, congratulations! I am not new to this site, but this is my first post in a long time. After my wedding I had a "relapse" in my weight control program... a rather large bute with depression. This week I decided enough was enough... I have always been the fat kid and when I first started here I succeeded in losing 50 pounds and that was the best I have ever felt! Now that I am back to where I started from (weight-wise), I thought I would turn back to the chicks for the support I so desperately need... I love my husband to pieces, but he could never understand my problem as he has never been heavy and he can eat whatever he wants and not exercise yet stay the same weight.

So anywho, what I am trying to say is I would love to be your buddy if you are still looking. I have made the first steps in the right direction by joining a gym and I started their program today.

Look forward to hearing from you!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 11:55 PM   #3  
My Motivator = Jillian!

Welcome! I just wanted to let you know that you will find the support & motivation you need here on this board! and if you ever need an extra push or a kick in the pants, let me know and I'll be here for you!
SunnyKells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:19 AM   #4  
Mellissa

Yeah!! I got a buddy!!

Hi Jenn, I'm Mellissa. I feel your pain, I lost 35 lbs about a year and a half ago and I was down to 126...I was so happy, but then I went on vacation and when I came back home the routine I established fell apart and all my hard work went down the hole!! I gained back ALL the weight and then another 30 lbs on top of that, so I am at the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I know 190 is bad but its even worse for me because I'm only 5'1"!!! So all the fat is in one short lump! So Jenn thanks for replying and hope to hear back from ya!!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:38 AM   #5  
One step at a time...

Good morning Melissa!

Thought I am about 9" taller than you, I think we have almost the same goal... I want to get down to 160-170 which is about a 50-60# loss. I did an weight analysis and it said I should aim for 172, so I will get there and decide what to do at that point.

I have my first "real" workout at the gym this morning and I am pumped! I have a terrible head cold but I am still excited to go to the gym, which is a first for me when I am sick... The reason I am so excited is I lost a pound!

What are you doing to lose? I am going to the gym like I mentioned and counting calories.... Possibly doing the meal planning provided by the gym.

We will do this together!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:39 PM   #6  

Hi i am 23 also and was wondering if you guys wanted another buddy. i have gained about ten pounds a year for four years now and i did not start off all that thin to begin with, all in all not a good scene if you know what i mean. i have about 40 pounds to lose, but i am not good at those crash diets. i live in Alaska and when our days start to get shorter all i want to do is to curl up on my couch with a good book. please let me know if you want another buddy
akcowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:44 PM   #7  

Hi girls,
Melissa, i am 5 1' also and i totally feel your pain on carrying the wieght badly! Being short is hard! Congrats on your engagement, i just got married in Sept. and am currently trying hard not to gain back all the wieght i lost before the wedding! Let's all do it together!
Cindy219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 06:59 PM   #8  
One step at a time...

Good afternoon AKCowgirl and welcome aboard! I can't speak for Melissa, but I would love another buddy! I can't do crash diets either... I joined a gym and am counting calories/generally watching what goes into my mouth.... I totally know what you mean about wanting to do nothing but curl up when the days get shorter... The change in seasons and the dark afternoons this time of year do a number on me too! What are you doing to lose the weight?
Old 11-14-2005, 07:12 PM   #9  

Hi Guys
I am counting calories and trying to exersise at lest three times a week but i hate to sweat so it is kind of hard for me. what are you guys doing?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:31 AM   #10  
Mellissa

Hey Everybody, The more buddies the better!! Welcome aboard akcowgirl and Cindy219. As far a exercising I didnt join a gym this time, I had before but this time I'm just walking. I wanted a program that I can do no matter where I am. I live in Orlando, FL so the weather right now is great so I go for 45 to an hour long walks around the block. I also have a treadmill which I hate but if the weather is bad and I'm desperate I'll use it. I also have a Yoga DVD which I do twice a week! For my diet I try to consume most of my calories for breakfast and lunch then have a small dinner and try not to eat after 6:30. Nothing to drastic but I'm just making smarter choices and I quit drinking Pepsi which was the hardest part for me. So I hope you guys tell me more about your plans and hopefully we can get tips as well as support from each other!! I KNOW WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Old 11-15-2005, 09:48 AM   #11  
One step at a time...

Morning ladies! As I mentioned I am doing the gym thing 3 times a week and extra cardio on the days I'm not supposed to do the circuit. I'm counting calories and making better choices and eating more times a day. I also am drinking more water (and practically nothing else). I try to have a small, low cal breakfast, a morning snack (fruit or granola bar, etc.), small low cal lunch (zone perfect, yogurt, or something pired with something else), and afternoon snack and a sensible dinner. I am planning to stay under 1500 calories a day.

This morning I could feel worse because of this cold of sinus infection (whichever it is), but I am still excited because I saw 218.5# on the scale.... I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but I'll take it!

Hope you ladies are doing well!!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:52 AM   #12  
kc

Hi Im looking for a buddy as well. I would really like some advice on how to get started! HELP ANYONE?! I am really ready this time to loose the weight i need too.
kc2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:01 AM   #13  
One step at a time...

good morning kc!

The best advice I can give you is to find an exercise that you enjoy so you can stick with it, drink more water and watch what you eat - I keep a food journal to keep me accountable. Start slowly, implementing one thing and then another (like exercise and then smart food choice etc.) Most importantly, don't give up on yourself! You can do this and we will help you! If you ever feel like giving up, come here and post... the support is phenomenal!
Old 11-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #14  
Mellissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEO1982

I am still excited because I saw 218.5# on the scale.... I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but I'll take it!

Way to go Jenn!! Isn't it great when you start to see results, its such a good feeling.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:08 PM   #15  

Good Morning Everyone. well i guess it is probably not morning were you guys are at but it is here. I have been trying to make good food choices and drink lots of water. the water thing is easy for mr because i am not into soda or coffee, thank goodness i cut that out befor i tried to diet or i would me a mess. i work four ten hour days and most days i take breakfast and lunck to work with me and that makes things muck easier for me then i and not tempted by McDonalds(fast food is my down fall) i try to have a low cal breakfast and lunch then a good dinner. I work at a desk job and eating when i am bored is very normal for me and i am finding that is the hardest part. i am also trying to exersice about 3 times a week. i have been doing pilates and carmen electras aerobic striptease. i really like that one because it feels more like i am trying to learn something instead of just going through the motions and getting bored very fast. i am currently trying to get the rest of the aerobic striptease set. I also work in a place where i have to go up a long flight of staire to go to the bathroom and i get good exercise doing that also. well i am done rambling how is everyone else doing today. Valerie