Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 06:15 AM   #46  

Height: 5'1"

Hi girls!

Been so tired the last couple days. Can't wait until I'm finished w/the antibiotics. I don't enjoying taking medication.Especially ones that make you sleepy.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I will try and get to individuals tomorrow.

G'night!
Old 11-17-2005, 04:15 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies

Just a quick Hi from me for now. Had a busy day. But will be back tomorrow to do individuals. Tonight is favorite show night and I haven't been gettin gon the computer at night. Except for a couple of times every now and then when I get bored and there is nothing on the old telly. I am hooked on The OC, CSI and Without a Trace though-when they are new shows.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a nice day! See ya
Old 11-17-2005, 05:40 PM   #48  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls!

It's almost the weekend! And then next week is the big feasting day!! My how time has flown by! Before James left for work he told me he did some Christmas shopping last night. What!? I haven't even done any and he has? Since when are men ahead of the game???

Cristi--The stores are all a buzz w/people doing last minute shopping for thanksgiving and just being out and about. I plan on doing my grocery shopping this weekend. Monday the latest! I'm taking Jhanai to see Harry Potter on Saturday (I got free movie tickets!!) and then afterwards we plan on doing a little Christmas shopping. It's always so busy w/people this time of year, sometimes I don't like being a part of the big crowds, other times, I just love it.

Jane--Jhanai says she sore after the pulling but feels much better. She even ended up pulling one tooth out herself a day later. She had to have one side done first, then the next appt. she'll have the other side. Hope Katie heard good news from Disney. Let us know!

Katy--Hope the test results come out ok for Leigh. Let us know what they say when you get all the results back.

Angie--I felt like I was hit w/a double whammy. I had started TOM on Saturday, while I was having a fever and feeling like I was sweating to death. Then I got so worried and paranoid about TSS and if I should take an IBprofin would that make me ill, all that jazz. (Fever will make a person a bit loopy I'm sure, so I was paranoid about everything over the weekend) But I'm feeling much better other than being very tired all the time.

Awww....I love the new smilies!
Those two are really cute.

Ok...I've got some cleaning up to do then I'm heading off to work.

Have a great night!
Old 11-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #49  

Life does have its crazy days. It's tuff but somedays are just plain beautiful when i've lost 2 - 3 lbs.

I've been doing alot of research on diet centers and the scams that most of them are. I'm thinking about a weight loss day camp that people can go to and learn to cook, dance, yoga and just be supported with people in the same situations. I think of this eveyday. If we all had a comfortable place to go to that wouldn't cost thousands of dollars for 2 weeks. The weight loss centers where you spend 3,000 - 4,000 are great when your there but once you get back to your old routine, and cook the things you know, your right back where you were and out a lot of money. Would a day camp be doable? I think of nothing else. I am myself trying to loose 50 lbs before summer and am quite proud of myself somedays. I try to keep it all to myself because if I tell someone, they just say "keep at it". I don't need the words - I don't know if I'm making sense but my question is "WOULD A WEIGHT LOSS DAY CAMP WORK???"

Anyone out there with an opinion??
Old 11-17-2005, 06:37 PM   #50  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Marti,,,seriously Im not surprised that James has already gone out and did some shopping the guy is truly amazing.
I bought a game called Da Vinci at Walmart earlier today. Don't know whom Im going to give it to but looks good...Monte ya thats who Ill give it to...only cause I want to play it...ulteria (sp) motives...lol
Oh ya Katy,,,forgot to mention that ya I watch My Name is Earl I laugh so hard...Ive missed a few but Brandon keeps me up dated...the part where his brother was cutting his toenails while he slept? did you see that one? I was having convulsions

Jane,,,how are things there...weather wise? I think you guys should just move to Canada..the weather is beautiful...walking around with a long sleaved top...warm.
Ill make room for you...

Hello Barbara...welcome to our group. Personally I think it would take weeks,,,as in over 10 weeks to be totally trained in eating well..and that means cooking well. I personally think they need to take into consideration someones financial situation,,,where they live,,,(city town) what is readily available. And of course racial background, and the biggy the size you are. As in WW the more you weigh the more points you get,,,so of course as you lose weight you lose points,,,would that not be the same with this? Need someone to literally dog your every step,,,shopping to storing your foods to cooking...planning.

Well Im exhausted,,,a whole day of shopping! I bought a beautiful wool coat at Value Villiage for 10 dollars and had it dry cleaned for another 9. ITS gorgeous.
So for this christmas party I have my whole outfit down now. Im wearing a black sequince top,,,black flirty skirt with a ruffle and crinolin around the bottom,,,and to top it off a hot pink cardigan with fur color. Im getting my hair done that day,,,and Becky is coming over to get done up. The whole shebang
Ive got teh two wigs I need to work on,,,and lots of hair product to do it with...I just hate fake hair...again the spider web feeling...*shudder I look like i have welts all over my neck and chest cause i keep scratching,,,creeps me out!
well toodles all...
Old 11-17-2005, 06:41 PM   #51  
One day at a time

Hi Barbara and Don't really have an opinion on the day camp thing except that I think anything is doable. I don't follow a plan or attend any place that I have to pay to lose weight. For me what seems to be working is portion control and exercise. I am one who has to do it this way so that it works for me. I don't see myself following any program and then quitting to be on my own. So...I chose to be on my own from the beginning. I don't count on anyone but me to lose the weight.

Anyway, I had planned on posting and doing individuals but after catching up I am out of time again. Thought I could sneak on before fixing dinner. Of course I would have had time had I not answered a couple of e-mails. Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow some time for sure. Have a good evening ladies.

Tata for now
Old 11-18-2005, 02:34 AM   #52  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies. Another beautiful day here. We went to the grocery and then to eat. Went to
one of our favorite spots to play video poker. Lots of fun and I won a little. We got
home in time to watch our shows and just relax.
I made the travel plans and we will be home for 10 days. Meet with the builder and I will
see the Dr. re: the melanoma. Then back here. Just hope it doesn't snow while we are
there. UGH.

Marti- Glad you are starting to feel better, although tired. Your body is trying to tell you
something gal...as in you are not getting enough sleep. Your James is a special guy. He
bakes pies and now he shops early. What a catch!!

Angie- Your outfit sounds lovely. I especially like the pink sweater...woo hoo. And man,
you found a deal on the coat that's for sure!

Cristi- You are doing great just tje way you are, following your own plan and walking.
Sounds like you have a lot of will power. Keep up the good work.

Jane- When will you start building and have you decided where you will stay until it is
done? You might have said this and I missed it. How big is your new house going to be?
We are still fine tuning our plans and will meet with the builder when we are home. Our
house will be a single story ranch, around 1600-1700 sq. ft. and then DH's large
workshop. I just wish I could pull a "bewitched" and twitch my nose and have it done.
We built our present house and it was a process I am glad we are not going through this
time. Let someone else do it.

Barbara- Hello and welcome. I know what you are saying about the boot camp...some of
us need more direction than others. Some need more monitoring. I for one have very
little wollpower...and it shows in the struggle I have every day with my weight.
It is too bad that spas and weight facilities are so expensive.

Hi to all the rest of th JL's. Hope you have a good week-end planned.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:36 AM   #53  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Don't ask me why that printed like that...I didn't do it that way. Computer glitch maybe?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:24 PM   #54  
One day at a time

DO NOT POST HERE!!! Head on over to Weight Loss & Chit Chat #151, please See ya there!
Closed Thread