Old 01-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #121  
Shelleybelly

Welcome Emily - You will find wonderful ladies and great support here. I can relate with the stress eating. I have found that if I exercise, even a little bit, I feel better and I even eat less.

Djmommy - Good job on the work out. Have fun with your little one! They seem to grow up so fast. My oldest already has a girlfriend and he is only 13.

Lisa - Thanks for the luck on the job hunt! I have resumes out there so I just have to be patient and wait for a call. I am off to Manpower to sign up as a temp until I can find a permanent job. I am glad you are feeling better. Good luck at your spinning class today.

Keep up the good work everyone!
shelleybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #122  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, Just got my work out in. Only 30 min but better than nothing. I had my haircut so I went to the gym for the little time I had before little ine comes home. Big challenge today.. Going out to dinner with the ladies. I hope they have good choices for me to pick from. It is a brewy,Never been there THE DRINKING WILL NOT BE AN ISSSUE. i WILL REMIND MYSELF THAT i CAN COME BACK LATER TO TRY THE DRINKS... oPPS I hit the caps button. No time to redo. good luck ladies...
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #123  

Default Hi guys!

Hi everyone,

Shelley- Manpower huh? I have always found good luck working with agencies when looking for a job. I hope it works out. I found this job through one and I love it! I'm very happy here!!

djmommy - I hope the dinner with the ladies went well.

I have to tell you both that I weighed myself this morning. I am up in weight, not down and now I'm seriously not happy with myself. I know I've been sick and all, but I can't believe I let my weight get this out of hand yet again. About two years ago I lost about 50 pounds or more (it took a long time to get to that point). Then over the summer and fall this year, it all came back on. It takes so long to get it off, but it's so easy to put it back on. So, now I'm started writing down everything that I eat, my exercise that I do and even how much water I'm drinking. I hope this works.

I'm going to do the gym today, not spinning though, just on the bike. I did 11 miles yesterday, hope to do at least 8 today (I don't have that much of a lunch hour as I came in late today).

Anyone else having these issues with weight or am I alone?? I feel so frustrated. I was so happy when I lost the weight before, but I always seem to gain it back again. So upsetting!!!

Sorry for venting, just unhappy right now! Thanks for listening.

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #124  
barb

Lisa, I know that sucks.. You worked so hard but you have to pick your self up. This is a life change and you are right it does not just melt off.You sound like you are back on track. Do not get discourage... Think of all the healthy discissions you are making. That has to count for something.I have gained and lost so much that it is so damn frustrating but you have to keep plucking away. What I was doing last year did not work for me that is why I am doing the south. I feel good and I think I may do oOk with it for awhile. Than I have to change to something that is more real to life for me. Anyway get your workout in and you will feel better. Remember you are not alone.... We are all there or have been there before. Get your water in and have a wonderful day
Old 01-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #125  

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the words of encourgagement, dj! I'm really trying. I did 7.2 miles on the bike today, it was a short workout, but I'm proud of what I did!

I guess the scale just set me off this morning. I also need to cut myself some slack as I pretty much was home sick in bed for the past two weeks. I'm just upset that all the hard work I did 2003-2004 seemed to be in vain. Well, no more, I'll get back on track.

I started a food diary on my work computer, so I write down every piece of food I eat. I think I'll just get a journal at home and start writing in that instead, so I can keep it with me on the weekends, too.

It's just so hard, especially in your 30's to lose the weight, but hey, I'm giving it my best shot. I'm also going to go home and do some work on the treadmill, if I have the energy!!

Thanks again for the kind words of support! I appreciate it!!

Lisa
Old 01-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #126  
Shelleybelly

Lisa take a step back and take a deep breath. Don't be so hard on yourself. You have been sick for two weeks. You are not alone. I too stepped on the scale this morning and I am up 11 lbs from the holiday, but down 4 lbs from my doctor's appt last week. So now I am 221 instead of 210 . It takes a lot for me to actually type (admit) how much I weigh, but I guess that is being accountable for what I have been eating. Try not to get frustrated. You are doing the right things, writing down what you eat and exercising. The weight will be gone before you know it! After I had my older son Taylor I lost a lot of weight and got down to 142 and was able to sustain that weight for several years. In the last four and 1/2 years due to 2 almost back to back pregnancies and a job that I did not enjoy I am up to 221. I try not to get frustrated with it but getting mad and do something about it! You have proven that you have lost the weight before you can do it again. And so can I! Hang in there.

Djmommy - hope you had fun at the ladies night out! Good job on the work out!

LADIES - WE CAN DO THIS! HAVE A GOOD DAY!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #127  
barb

Yeah I did good last night. I orderd a salad dip my fork in the dressing and took out everything IIwas not to eat.. No bread.... I also only had water.. I was having a difficult time before I left I was so humngry and I survived. I also worked out for 2 hrs today. Alittle to much though I hads a hard time doing the aerobics because I did cardio before her class. Oh live and learn. Good luck all of you one more day under our belt..We did good yesterday...
Old 01-11-2006, 11:34 AM   #128  

Default Thanks!

Hi guys,

It's me, Lisa (I just had my username changed today).

Thanks for the support shelley! I guess I was just having a bad day yesterday. I have my trusty little food journal staring at me right now. I did eat a little too much cookies last night (but on the plus side, they were reduced fat!), but other than that, I did very well! I plan to do about 30 minutes on the bike at the gym today.

I was just feeling down on myself. It took me so long to lose the weight before, I only had about 10 pounds or so more to go. I got out of the normal routine I had with my old gym when I changed jobs. I just wasn't getting the workout, then I started to become too comfortable and gained weight yet again. I don't have kids, so I can't say it was caused from pregnancy, just that I love food!!

I appreciate the warm words from everyone. It really helps me out alot!! I'm doing better today. I think that if I write down everything, it will help me be accountable for my actions.

We can all do it together!!!

Lisa
Old 01-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #129  

Default Good job!

dj - congrats on doing well at the dinner. Way to go!!!

Lisa
Old 01-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #130  
barb

Oh my gosh I LOVE FOOD. I am going nuts now. I wish I could eat something really greasy now. I have drank so much water today that I think I will float pretty soon. I may have to eat an early dinner tonight. I think I am bored. There is so much to do but I have no desire to do it. Good luck Lisa on the workout and I am glad to hear you in better spirits. You are so right we are going to do this. Hopefully with ease. Chat later
Old 01-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #131  

Default Good night ladies!

Wow dj,

Your words ring true with me, too. My problem is that once I start eating, I can't stop. I tried yesterday to bring in the brocolli and hoped that would stop my hunger cravings, to no avail.

Today I did a bit better, I got chili for lunch and had some nuts for a snack. Tonight is Hamburger Helper night (easy to make).

I'm going to try to eat more fruits and veggies for snacks. I have an apple staring at me now which I will try to eat in a few minutes.

Hang in there. We will have willpower against food (if I say it enough, maybe I will believe it!!!!)

Lisa
Old 01-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #132  
Domestic Engineer

Thanks for the welcome
Forgot to add that I'm 36, 5'7 and "starting again" at 237.
I am doing t-tapp (www.t-tapp.com) for exercise-- my sister has had great success with it and looks awesome. And for food- portion control, no treats during the week, more water than diet coke and no fast food.
I exercised Monday and yesterday and haven't yet today, but I'm really sore and tired so I might let my body have a break today.
I know I can do this though. I have good friend who lost 80 lbs last year. She is a great motivator because she was me just a few months ago, kwim? And here she is looking great and very fit now.

ttyl!
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #133  

Hi all its wednesday and I thought I would be doing better than I am. Although I did go to the dollar store and escape w/out buying any junk food. That in itdelf is a big deal. I was wondering what type of exercise everyone is doing. I am 46 yr old and need to do something besides walking on the treadmill which I don't enjoy that much.

Hope you all have a great night.
Cathy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #134  

Jelynn,

Which T-Tapp exercise are you doing? I'm very interested in finding out what would be the best. Can you tell me a little more about it? Feel free to email me privately.

Cathy
Cathy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #135  
Shelleybelly

Hi everyone! It sounds like everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work. I haven't done bad myself. I am trying to eat more fruits and veggies and trying to get more walking in. Has any tried the dance exercise videos they have out? I thought that might be a fun way to get the wait off.

Lisa - You are doing great. We all have those days when we get down on ourselves. We just need to give ourselves a break. It is hard to lose the weight no matter how the weight was gained whether it be pregnancy, emotional eating or just plain enjoying food.

Jelynn - What is the T-Tapp exercises? I haven't heard of them before.

Have a good night everyone! Keep up the good work!