Old 11-23-2005, 04:32 AM   #31  
Shelleybelly

I wouldn't worry about the gain, I bet it is just water weight. I need to have my husband hide the scales too! I weighed today and haven't gained anything but haven't lost anything either - which after yesterday, I am surprised. That is a good idea to pack a survival pack to take with you. It is so hard to watch what you eat while you are away from home and holidays are the worst! There is always food that you normal don't get to eat and it is hard to pass it up. I try to just eat smaller portions of these foods and just remind myself that it is one day and to get right back on my diet the next day. I bet you will do just fine! Just try to stay positive, which sometimes it is not my strong point. Remember that we are trying to lose weight slow and easy and 1 pound at a time. We can get through the holidays and still meet our goals! Good luck today! We can do this!
shelleybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:36 AM   #32  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi shellybelly , I hope your holiday went well. As for me, Well I blew it. The survival pack stayed in the bag in the car. It is so hard staying focused on a trip. At my moms I was better. She is a great eater. When I was at my in laws yikes. Big breakfast, pizza. Muffins you name it. Oh well we are put for a few weeks.We are not going in to mich . I should remain focused through out that time. I just worked out. Over an hour. I feel great so hopefully this is a good start. I put on a crockpot of healthy bean soup for dinner. and I am going to record my food this week. I hope your day goes well
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:03 PM   #33  
Shelleybelly

Hi djmommy! I am back on track. At work I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I have a very stressful job and found out today that I might be able to move into a less stressful job in March. Crossing my fingers that I can accomplish this.

With the one holiday down we only have one more to get through! We can do this. I am going to try and start walking on the treadmill at nights or try again walking in the mornings while the kids are asleep. How are you doing on your workouts? Hope you are doing well! Have a good day!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:45 PM   #34  
barb

Hey girl. Glad that things are looking better for you. Stress is a killer with dieting. Walking will help with that. It is finding the time that is hard even alittle will be good. I had an awesome workout today. I ran 2laps. I have not done that in years. I worked out hard for an hour. WHOOOHOOOO. I am also doing great on the food this week. I am so proud of myself. Even if I do not lose I know I am making better choices. I still have my chjoc. I need to wean myself off of that. I bought sf popcycles. yummy. anyway hang in there only 2 more days until Friday. So if you do not work on the weekends that is good. Are we weigjhing in on Fri? I hope so, I need to stay focused. Chat later
Old 12-01-2005, 06:13 AM   #35  
Shelleybelly

Hey! Keep up the good work on your workouts you are doing fantastic! Yes weigh in on Friday. I was trying on some clothes last night and it is sure a motivator to lose weight! I too have been making some better food decisions in the last few days. We just need to keep up the good work and the weight will fall right off! Gotta run and get ready for work. More later. Have a good day!
Old 12-01-2005, 01:55 PM   #36  
barb

I can not believe it I ran 1 mile and a half. I am soooo happy. I was on the tread looking around at the ladies thinking dang they are skinny and all they ever do is run. If my hips can take it I am going to try like heck to stay running.What a great cardio workout. I need to loose the belly so that should help too. I just went out to lunch to this fab greek rest. I spilt a chick greek salad with my son. I came home with half of it. I did have ther pita though. I have no idea how many points that is but I will figure that out. I even dipped my fork into the dressing. Imagine that.I read a entry the other day someone mention that when you sigh during a meal that means you are full . Try it it works. Listen to the sigh it is amazing I find that I am not eating half as much. Gosh I am so freaking motivated that I better lose this weight. i have a thyroid problem that does not work in my favor. A book I read stated that a one pound weight lose should make one happy. That I should not expect to lose weight like other people. I have to remind my self of that.Do you like soups? I have some amazing recipes to share if you do. We are big soup eaters in this house. Good luck, have a grreat day. Stay focused. bye
Old 12-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #37  
Shelleybelly

That is great running for a mile. You go girl! Your motiviation is addicting! We just have to stay focused and celebrate each others victories. We can do this. I weighed in today and I am only up 2 pounds from the last time we weighed in so the 'ice cream' incident really didn't hurt, but I don't want to repeat it. I love soup but the only ones we have is chili or vegetable soups. I would love to have the recipes. I am always looking for new things to try for supper. We tend to get into a rut and have the same things over and over again. My husband is convinced that my son thinks that I only know how to make Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper! Well he lives with his Dad and he is with us every Wednesday and every other weekend and he such a picky eater that he loves Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper so that is what I fix! Oh well I need to convert him over to more healthier foods. Talk to you on Saturday. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-02-2005, 02:52 PM   #38  
barb

2 pds is not bad. At least you are focused. You had an awfully stressful week too. I did weigh myself I am down 2pds but up still 1pd from my total of 5. I want to weigh myself again this Monday to see If I can loose that last pd. That would make it a true week for me, since I really did not get back until after the holiday. Anyway I did not work out today and I am haveing these monthly cravings like you would not believe. I ate a bunch of junk today already. Anyway I still am in my point range sooo I just need to not eat until dinner. I will just have it early. I hope I am good I may have a cocktail with the hubby one night. Stay focused and enjoy your weekend. Did you try the sigh yet?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:28 AM   #39  
Shelleybelly

Good Morning! I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was fine. Watched what I ate very carefully. Didn't do too bad. How did you do? Haven't had a chance to do the sigh thing yet, put I will try it. I am currently looking for a new job so the next few weeks I am going to focus on maintaining my weight. If I loose some pounds great, but the object for now is not to gain any. Once I start a new position, than I can start concentrating on my weight loss again. My current job is very stressful (no wonder I snack!) so I am looking for one that has less stress and one that I won't take home with me every night! Well you have a good day and I will check in with you in the morning. Have a great day!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:02 PM   #40  
barb

Hey girl what is it that you do. Sounds like a nurse or something? You are better off looking for a new job if it is so stressful. I do not blame you for concentrating on only that, just try not to gain and maintain, and you will be happy. The weekend did not go to well. I did ok but I could have done better. I think I did good today. I will count up the points later. I finally am not craving anything. I should be good know until next month. I did not weigh myself again because of that time of the month so i figured wait until Friday. I think I may take a water aerbics class. I took one last year and loved it. I really got a great work out. I was able to run today so I am happy about that. I feel so dang good after i work out. I hope I continue on this opath. Good luck looking for a job.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #41  
Shelleybelly

I am a Purchasing Agent for an Aerospace Company. Very stressful job! I am in the middle of everything and everyone. I started to take the job home with me and that is when I decided that it was time to move on. The company has ran in ad in the newspaper so everyone here knows I am going. Now I have people trying to get me to change my mind! It does make me feel good to know that I have a lot of people who care for me.

Are you counting points like weight watchers? I won't weigh myself this Friday because the TOM is coming. I haven't done bad, but had a piece of cake and ice cream the last two days to celebrate my son's birthday.

Well need to get back to work. Have a great day!
Old 12-06-2005, 02:41 PM   #42  
barb

Hey I do not blame you for not weighing yourself. I hated the tom,I ate everything. It was bad this month. I am back on track. I am going out tonight with the gals in the neighberhood. I think we are doing chinese or Thai. I am not sure ,so I am going to go onto Dotties web site and look up some resturants to get an idea of what is good or not to eat. So far today is good . I am counting points, I hope I stick with it. I can not work out today or tomorrow . So I need to be very careful . I need to lose some more weight. I have to get into a dress in Feb. No time to waste. Good luck today.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #43  
Shelleybelly

You can do it. Have fun tonight with the girls. It is so nice to get out every once in a while away from the hubby and the kids. Hubby and I get out once a month with a group of friends to eat and the girls play bunco and the boys play poker. We have a really good time. This month we have to skip due to Danny having a preschool x-mas program. He is so excited about the program and the cookies and punch afterwards. I counted points for awhile but every time I went off I would gain everything back. I also felt like I was being starved. Well back to work. Talk to you later.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #44  
barb

I used to play Bunco with the friends back home.We had soo much fun.I mss that so much.We really just chated and laughed more than anything. I went last night I did pretty good. I did go over in points due to the rest of the day. Have fun at your party.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:10 PM   #45  
Shelleybelly

Well we have finally made it to the weekend. Yeah!! I have been making good decisions on the food that I have been eating. Didn't weigh myself this morning due to TOM, but I will next Friday. How are you doing? Still working out every day or every day you can? I haven't walked, but I try and stay busy doing laundry and cleaning the house. Not much going on this weekend, give me time to get things done and ready for Christmas! Are you ready for Christmas? Well keep up the good work. More later.