Old 07-13-2006, 11:33 PM   #76  

Hello,

Oh Charlotte, you sound so sad, my heart is breaking for you. You are a good Mother. I will just keep praying for you, your family and your Son, that is all we can do at this point. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Sheila, what a nice time your Dad had for his birthday. It will be very nice to have the rest of your siblings there to help your Dad celebrate his 90th. That is quite a milestone, turning 90. What does your Dad say about it? I hope you don't get too stressed, trying to entertain all these people. Usually when I take a trip and we stay at a motel, I like to have down time and relax and not be entertained. Perhaps your sisters will feel the same. I hope you will be feeling better soon Sheila, there are a few flu strains going around.

I have been feeling strange lately too. I feel fine when I get up in the morning, except I have a strong desire to sleep in, which I can't. Once I am at work, I start feeling anxious and punk. I feel hungry for lunch and eat something, then my stomach feels crappy after lunch and I feel increasing ill, until it is time to go home, and them my stomach starts to feel better. Do you all think it has something to do with stress? Gosh knows we have plenty of stress at work.

Our outside projects are on hold again, DH is at second crop hay. Well, I guess we will have to wait and see, we have until the end of September to get this stuff done.

I am very tired, so I am heading to bed.....Take care......Love you both very much.
Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #77  

Hello Friends,

How are you this evening? I came home from work and made a little supper of white chicken breast and Natural Ovens Bread. I wasn't very hungry, read the paper and had a hand full of m&m's , had to have my sugar fix. Got off my butt and went outside to work in the flower beds, the old flower beds along side the front yard need work. I pulled out at least six clumps of Queen Anne's Lace ( a weed) and decided the pink Baby's Breathe had to go. I cut it all off and gave some to the girl next door on the other side of us and then asked her if I could transplant the clump in four places on her wild perennial hillside and she said yes. No fear that I won't have any for next year, because Baby's Breathe, seems to follow you around and start all over in some other place in the garden.

I came in took a shower, worked on some billing for the farm and must admit I am feeling somewhat better. I just have this immense feeling of being overwhelmed. I just needed someone to talk to and want to thank you both for being there today for me. You are both very special.

Another week and July will be over and then August starts to march down to ending the summer for us. The summer always goes so fast. Next weekend we are going to Door County for an outing at a nice resort with DH's former coworkers. The company is celebrating 50 years in business. I am hesitant about going, too many people and too much socializing, but perhaps I will feel like it more next week.

Well, I am going to hustle on out of here. Hope to hear from you all soon...Take care.

Bluet
Old 07-20-2006, 10:35 PM   #78  

It's so good to see your post, Bluet. I could almost see you working with the Baby's Breath, etc. I do hope you feel better. You also made me hungry for m&m's. Hang in there, girl!

Sheila, I hope you're ok. How did the big birthday party go for your dad? I do hope you didn't overdo.

I can't stay here long. It's getting late, & I've got to prepare for court tomorrow. It's our son's preliminary hearing. Please pray for us. He is so hyper....I would probably think he's high on something. I know better, however, because he knows he'll probably be tested for drugs tomorrow. I'll post again, when I can. I sure do dread this............

Love you both,
Charlotte
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:49 AM   #79  

Hi Charlotte,

Special prayers and well wishes are being channeled your way today. Hope you can feel it.

Bluet
Old 07-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #80  

You are so sweet. Yes, I could feel it & it made me smile, when I read your post. My son & I sat outside the courtroom almost an hour, before giving up & calling our attorney. He said he was half way to Russellville, (where we were) when he got a call that the hearing had been continued. He couldn't call me, because my cell phone was turned off, since I was in the court house. So.....we wait until a new date. This is so frustrating. I just don't want to do this anymore. Don't have a choice, though.

Our town was hit by a bad storm Friday night. The TV station was struck by lightening twice. Several buildings in town & on the main highway was torn up & power lines & trees were down. The TV station is back in operation....don't know how much damage until I get to work tomorrow.

Bluet, I hope you're feeling better. I've been thinking about you.

Hope you both have a good week.
Love you,
Charlotte
Old 07-25-2006, 09:47 AM   #81  

Good Morning,

We had huge thunder showers last night, not as much damage as we had with last weeks storms, but we did get 3.75 inches of rain dumped on us in a short time. Today the temp is suppose to reach 90 degrees with more rain. Jeez, that is almost too much summer.

Charlotte, I am sorry there was more disappontment at the court house. Eventually this will all get resolved. I always remind myself that "This too, shall pass." and it always gives me strength and hope.

The boys had a marveleous time on the farm last weekend, getting into all kinds of mischief and adventures. They even let grandaughter from next door hang out with them "sometimes", which certainly made her happy.

Went to the church picnic, the boys and DH spent all their time at the tractor pull, and GD and GS and I spent our time at the games and food booths. Got to listen to the brass band for a little while, well as long as would be tolerated by GD & GS.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Bluet
Old 07-26-2006, 05:01 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Charlotte, how absolutely frustrating and annoying for you and your son! But. . .not surprising. I've heard of that happening multiple times. My friend's son was a crime victim, and he was asked to testify. The first time they came to the courthouse, they were told the trial was postponed. The second time they showed up (after taking time off work for both these appearances, of course), they were told that a plea agreement had been reached. No phone calls, nothing. I sure hope everything will be resolved soon, and in a way that's positive for everyone involved.

Your symptoms do sound stress-related, Bluet. I wish you could retire this month. I've never grown baby's breath--just seen it in bouquets. Rain and 90 degrees sounds like a recipe for raging humidity. I can take 90, but I like a "dry" 90. Glad everyone had a good time at the farm. How nice of the boys to include their female cousin (I'm saying this tongue-in-cheek, of course).

It's been really hot in my little corner of the U.S. Hit 105 degrees on Sunday. Saturday was "only" 102. My friends who don't have A/C came over in the late afternoon on Saturday, and we watched movies until almost 10:00 pm. Luckily, they have a basement so they stayed cooler than some. The bad part about the heat was that it didn't cool off in the evening, which is really unusual. Some clouds came through and just kind of kept the hot air on the ground--was really unpleasant. Reminded me of the south in the summer. Sorry, Charlotte, I'm a weather wimp!

The party was nice. We bought a couple of bouquets down at the Farmer's Market in the morning, and my sister arranged them into three vases. And I bought three bunches of balloons (the three mylar ones are still hanging around). The cake was excellent (too excellent!), and he seemed to enjoy himself. I made everyone wear nametags, but I don't think he got who everyone was. Three of my local friends came, too, which was nice. After the party, the family minus Dad went out to a restaurant. He decided he didn't want to go because he was afraid he'd eat too much. Have no idea what that was about, but I just accepted it. This was the most time I'd spent with my half-sister and her family ever, and it turned out to be lots of fun.

Stay cool, ladies!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #83  

Hello friends,
Had a storm to come through today. At least, we finally got some rain. We've had high temps, also, Sheila. I know it's hot in the south, but, I was raised in Detroit, MI, so I really do enjoy the south. It does get very hot sometimes, but....still prefer.
I went to great-grandson's 1st birthday party today. This child will never want for anything! He is soooo sweet. Tomorrow is my son's 27th birthday. He is very depressed that his girls won't be with him. It's so frustrating. He is being punished before he's found guilty of anything. In the trial OR in the custody issue. We did finally get the papers signed by the judge to make the mother take the girls to a psychiatrist of our attorney's choosing. This could make a big difference for us. More prayers are needed. Yes, Sheila, I know how slow the courts can be, and think I can handle it, as hard as it is. But, I'm afraid my son won't be able to handle going much longer without seeing the girls. If they were in a good, loving invironment, it would be different, but they're not. I've got where I, not only worry all day, but have nightmares at night.
Bluet, you've been quiet for a couple of days....are you ok? Hope you haven't had any more bad weather.
I'm suppose to be at the TV station tonight. They wanted me to come sing. I just wasn't up to it. I haven't sung since "the incident". Just can't get myself to do anything, hardly. They've been showing reruns of my programs. Not having a pity party, here......just lost my desire, for now, I suppose. I've been going into work, though. My friends there are great, & I need them & my job to keep me busy.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday. DH is finally off for one day, & can go to church tomorrow. He's been missing teaching his Sunday School class. It'll be good for him.
Love you both,
Charlotte
Old 08-02-2006, 05:53 PM   #84  

Good Afternoon

We are also having warmer temperatures than normal, well actually it has been just plain hot. Thunderstorms have been popping up sporadically all summer. Some have done a lot of damage, and we have had power outages from time to time. I love summer , but not so much of this kind of summer.

The weeds are taking over the flower beds, weeds love this kind of weather. I was going to spray weeds tonight, but it looks like another evening of showers. We will have to see when I get home from work.

Charlotte, it is nice you have the TV station to take your mind off of things, I wish you felt up to singing, because that would make you feel better too. All that will come in good time, it just take time. Your great gs is one year old already, times sure does fly by. They are so much fun at that age. Into everything and just learning all the time. I hope that all your daughters and other grands are doing well. Almost time to be thinking of going back to school again. All the fall and winter clothes are on display in the stores already. Makes me hot just looking at them. Prayers are still being said for your son and dear grandaughters, may a resolution be found soon.

Sheila, how are you? Hope things have cooled off somewhat in your little corner. I guess, I am a weather wimp too, but fight admitting it. On second thought, I do admit it in the winter, that's for sure. How nice you had a good time with you siblings and your Dad enjoyed his birthday party too. Another milestone passed for you.

We were gone for a little mini vacation to door county last weekend. It was so nice, no one making demands or talking my ear off, just peace and quite and a little shopping.

Well I better head for home, the sky outside is looking darker all the time. Take care everyone, talk to you all soon.

Bluet
Old 08-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #85  

Hello friends,

Yes, it's still hot weather. Just too hot to do anything, really. I haven't been feeling well, either. I'm staying "light-headed" & trembly a lot. I had been having spells with my hands trembling, but thought it might be from my medications. I'm staying very thirsty & going to the bathroom a lot, also. I was borderline diabetic for several years, so, I'm afraid it may be diabetes. All I need is more health problems! I suppose it could be from all the stress, though. I've lost 16 lbs since June 17th (when my son got in trouble), and don't have a desire to eat or do anything else, hardly, as I've said. I get a treatment Wednesday (Aug. 9th), so I suppose I'll mention it to my Dr. I had a real bad spell in Wal-Mart the other day, and thought I'dd pass out, before I could get out of there.

Bluet, glad you got to go on a mini vacation. It always helps to get away, even if just for a couple of days. Especially with the problems you have at work. If you've gone without rain as long as we have, you won't have to worry about weeds....they'll die of thirst! No one around here has to cut their grass, lately....

Sheila, I suppose when we're suffering in this heat, we can think of just 4 months from now.....Christmas!!!! Can you believe it???? I don't have any interest in Christmas right now, maybe that will change...I hope so.

Well...gonna go. Hope you both have a good weekend.
Love ya,
Charlotte
Old 08-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #86  

Hello, ladies--

We've cooled down quite a bit, which is nice. Pacific Northwesterners get so cranky when it's over 80! It's kind of warm and muggy today--in the high 80s, maybe 90. I tried to go out and saw down some shrubs that need to be removed before the fence guys come. Managed two shrubs and some bamboo stuff before the sweat started getting in my eyes. My little dog was panting, and he was just standing in the shade.

Charlotte, it sure sounds like you may have been having some kind of glycemic reaction. Glad you're going to check it out with your doctor. Losing sixteen pounds in less than eight weeks can put a strain on your body, but I understand what it's like to be so stressed that the thought of eating just goes out the door. The Stress Diet. So have any decisions been made about your son seeing the girls?

Bluet, did you get a chance to spray those weeds? Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by weeds. When I lived in Seattle, I would hire someone every couple of months because I just couldn't keep up with the weeds. Our lawn is totally dead because we don't water it at all (we're actually trying to kill it--unfortunately, until we actually get around to digging it up, it will grow once the rains come), but the weeds just keep on growing no matter what.

Ooohh, a mini vacation--what fun! Sounds like you relaxed for the weekend, and hopefully you rejuvenated yourself.

Christmas. Well, I was really looking forward to it actually (although not the winter weather, that's for sure!). My whole family was supposed to be together. But my daughter did something really stupid. I mean really stupid so we're not sure what's going to happen. Kids. I think they almost cause us more worry when they get older, if that's possible. *Sigh*

I can't decide if I have allergies, or if I'm picking up viruses somewhere because in the past month, I've been ill twice. I started feeling ill on Wednesday, and today is the first time I've really done anything. Lack of energy, congested ears, sore throat, aching body, etc., etc. Hoping to go back to the gym tomorrow, though. I use this nasal spray osteoporosis medication, and I wonder if it's drying out my nose so much that it's becoming a germ magnet??

I hope both of you had a relaxing weekend--you deserve it!
Old 08-13-2006, 05:11 PM   #87  

Hello friends,

Sheila, I'm sorry for what may be bothering you about your daughter and Christmas. I do hope it will be settled. I believe the saying is true that our children step on our toes when they are little and on our hearts when they are grown. I'll be praying for you. I hope you are feeling better, now, with your allergies or viruses. I know the hot weather hasn't made it any better.

How are you Bluet? Hope the weather has cooled down a bit for you. We actually had a cool down after stormy weather this past week. It's back hot again, now, though.

Custody hearing is Thursday (17th), so I'm getting nervous again. I don't know how much of this I'm going to be able to take. My nerves are getting really bad. Our son has started scarring his arms up by carving things into them and burning them! He says when he's feeling the pain, he's not in pain from not seeing his girls. I know it's a mental problem, but I don't know how to handle it. DH is working himself to death on the job, so I try to take care of most of the dealling with our son. I've got to call the attorney tomorrow and tell him...don't know how this is going to go over with the judge, this week.

Well, I'm going to go. Hope you both have a good week.
Love ya,
Charlotte
Old 08-13-2006, 11:24 PM   #88  

Hello Dear Friends,

Yes, the weather is cooling down in our neck of the woods. For us August is a summer melt down, all the Black Eyed Susans are in their glory, which is a sure sign of the approaching fall season. We are suppose to have some thunder showers tonight, actually we could use a little rain. All my roses have black spot this year, too much rain in the beginning of the summer.

We have most of our grain off now, and are working on getting the straw either chopped or baled for bedding for the winter. Next will be the corn and the beets, and then the plowing and a winter rest. I think DH can then begin to enjoy his retirement. I did get the weeds sprayed, and now it is time to do it again.

Well, Sheila, what can I say, kids, if it isn't one thing then it is another. We parents are all in the same boat so to speak. I remember being so afraid of disappointing my parents, that I wouldn't try anything for fear of the rath of my Dad. I would hate to think my kids would have that same fear in their hearts, but on the other hand ......naw, but things have sure changed in society. Hang in there kiddo, she won't let you down, she always comes through for you.

Charlotte, you poor dear, when will you feel some relief from this stress you are under. I pray for you everyday that things will turn out for you and your family. Sometimes things are asked of us far more than we think we can bear. I remember that you posted a picture of your son and grandaughters a while back. Your son is such a fine looking young man, it hurts to think that he is harming himself in such a way. Soon, and soon I hope this too shall pass. Take care Charlotte.

Bluet
Old 08-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #89  

Hello,

Charlotte, tomorrow is a big day for you and your DS. Just wanted to let you know that I have not forgotten, and am prayng and hoping for the best out come possible.

Hello to Sheila, hope you are having a good week.

Take care.

Bluet
Old 08-16-2006, 09:29 PM   #90  

Charlotte, please know I am thinking about you, and praying for you and your DS. If you can, take a hot bath and try to relax. Play music that soothes your soul. I'm so sorry that DS has taken to cutting himself. I would remind him that cutting himself is not helping the girls--he needs to stay as as strong as possible for them, and model behavior that he wants them to emulate.

Bluet, I don't want to think about fall! Because after fall comes winter. But if that's what it takes for your DH to enjoy his retirement, then for once I'm glad it's coming. What projects and pleasures has he been putting off until retirement?

For some reason, I've been losing weight quite rapidly for the past two weeks. Well, rapidly for me. I've lost almost 5 lbs. in two weeks, and am getting so close to my goal. I'm probably going to set my Weight Watcher goal at the highest level (169) so I can quit paying, then shoot for my personal goal of 100 lbs. lost, which I'm hoping to get to by the middle of December. Wish me luck!!

Wishing everyone a hopeful Thursday. . .