Old 06-01-2006, 03:18 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I like that graphic, Charlotte! You have such fun graphics. I bet when you get the moviemaker thing working, you'll do a great job. Your family will love it at Christmas. Glad you had a restful Memorial Day weekend, and I'm still praying that things will look up for you two soon.

Bluet, did you have a good weekend? What's happening with the mildew situation? I hope it's been sunny. We've been having a lot of spring rain. Good for the flowers, I guess.

Well, I'm off to Alaska on Monday. Had a trial run when we were at the Oregon coast over the weekend. It was cold and wet, which just may be the weather we'll encounter in Alaska. My sister ended up giving me a bunch of warm, breathable clothing (she goes camping a lot) so I'm ready for anything. Maybe by taking all that warm clothing, we'll get great weather?? Either way, it will be an incredible experience, I'm sure. I told the kayak place, the cruise people, and the restaurant I made reservations at for Tuesday that we're celebrating our 25th anniversary so I'm hoping they'll do something special to surprise my DH. I figure this trip is present enough for both of us, and we have way too much silver as it is, especially on the top of our heads!

See you all when I get back! Hope you have a great week.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:42 AM   #62  

Happy Anniversery!

Hope you have a great trip, Sheila!! Alaska!!! WOW!!! You'll have to tell us all about it when you return. We found out yesterday, that my neice & her husband are moving to Alaska to pastor a church. They are missionaries & took a trip there a few months ago. We'll miss them so much, but, they have to do what they feel is right. They haven't been blessed with children, & have dedicated their lives to working for the Lord.

Well...I'm leaving Sunday morning, myself. My daughter Gina (one of the twins) & I are going to Gulf Shores for a week & staying in my other daughter's (Paula) motor home. I can't wait to get away for awhile. Paula & Kevin have set up their motor home at a new park & wants someone there with it for the first few days, to make sure all is well. They're paying all the expenses. I wondered if they're not trying to give me a few days away because of the slump I've been in. I try not to show it, especially to my kids, but, they know me pretty well, I suppose. DH has work (thank the Lord) so he can't go with me. I'll miss him. It's a very nice place. It has an indoor pool, outside pool, hot tubs, etc. Don't have to go to the beach for fun, but sure we will. (Now, I wish I hadn't ate so many jelly beans! ) I'm taking my laptop computer, but, just in case I can't get the wireless connection to work, just know I'll be back, also, next week.

Today is my 57th birthday. My friends at the TV Station gave me a party yesterday, & some of the most beautiful angels! I now have an angel lamp! A large angel that stands on the floor with a lacy robe & feather wings, an angel fountain, & many more beautiful gifts! They are so good to me. We give a party for everyone with a birthday, but, they go all out for mine. I know it's because I'm a volunteer, but, I still don't think they should do that. (although I do enjoy it! )

Got a lot of packing to do. Take care while I'm gone, Bluet.
Love you both,
Charlotte
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #63  

Charlotte and Sheila,

My compter is down at home - in the repair shop - for a week now. I am having a frantic, stressful day today at work, but will try to get back to you later today. I am suppose to be able to pick up my computer this evening. Take care!

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:56 PM   #64  

Hi Ladies,

How's everybody been? Sheila are you back home yet? What a happy little wanderer you are, all the way to Alaska, good time to go in the SUMMER! Hope you did not run into any Black Bears up there. A cruise is nice enough though, no matter where it takes you.

Charlotte, how are you feeling? Are you still at your place? How very nice that you and Sheila could get away on a little vacation. I don't think we will be able to go anywhere, not with all the work we have around the place this summer and the expense of it. Perhaps next year we will go after I retire, that will be something to look forward to.

I do have my compter back, and we are going to get DSL as soon as the phone company can come out, so it will be more pleasant to use the computer at home. We are laying pavers and bricks for a walk way and little patio in front of the building we moved last year. We work a little bit on it every evening when I get home from work, eventually it will get done. The week before we painted the inside of the building with three coats, one primer, two coats of grey, so that's done.

Well I gotta run.......still at work......I'll keep checking in to see if you all are back from your trips....Take care.......Bluet
Old 06-12-2006, 04:00 PM   #65  

P.s.

Happy Birthday Charlotte, Hope It Was Great!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:02 PM   #66  

Happy Belated Birthday, Charlotte!

Hope you had a great birthday as well as lots of fun on your minivacation. How were all those pools?

Bluet, sounds like you're working hard around your place. How about a photo when you're done? The patio sounds nice.

So. . .we had a fantastic time! The weather was incredible. I packed fleece, but really needed shorts and sunscreen. Can you believe I got a sunburn in Alaska? I've included some photos here:

http://www.idahopawsforlife.org/Alaska.htm

Those are just a few of the great photos we took. Oh, here's one I'm including that shows us in front of the restaurant where we had our 25th anniversary dinner in Ketchikan. Free dessert and champagne! (I needed those like a hole in the head. )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barharbor.jpg (45.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #67  

Hello,

Sheila, what beautiful pictures, so glad you had a good time and the weather co-operated. This is the first time I have ever seen a picture of your DH. Quite a handsome lad your married to there. Good to know you are back! So where do you think Charlotte is? Have been worrying about her.

Not too much going on here. I am waiting for the accountant to show up. I will be glad when he has come and gone, it will take a few days though, it is our fiscal year end. It always becomes a dragged out affair.

All our lttle projects have been put on hold at home, DH is helping the guy that rents our barn for his heifers with the haying. It is all first crop and it is going into those big silos in front of the barn. We did get the brick path way in and all the perennials. The kids got DH a chimnea for Father's Day, camp fires are a big thing around here. DH wasn't as happy about it as I was. It is really nice looking, it is all cast iron. It weighs so much that it has to be half dismantled to move it. Whenever we get done with everything, I will take pictures, it is all a lot of work. I was trying to plant those perennials Sunday, (I know I am nuts sometimes), it was 91 degrees outside. Well, I only have the weekend to get things done.

Hope this message finds you both well, take care...talk to you soon.

Bluet
Old 06-22-2006, 07:36 PM   #68  

Hello friends,
Sorry I've been missing. I've been kind of numb the last few days. My son shot a man at his ex-wife's house. He did live, & my son is charged with 1st Degree Assault. He walked right into the trap we kept telling him she was setting for him. Her family and friends are making it look like he just went in a jealous rage. There's a lot more to the story. I don't agree with what a lot that my son has done, but, I know he did this protecting his two little girls. There was over an hour's time from the shooting until the authorities got there, and her family and friends were in and out of the house, etc. He's with us now & breaks down a lot crying. He's afraid he won't get to see the girls. It's his time to get them tomorrow night. We are trying to get them out of there, but our money is very limited, as you know. We're also having a hard time finding the money for the lawyer we want. Please pray for us all. He's facing 20 yrs. I don't know when I'll post, I've been so busy & depressed. I love you both.
Charlotte
Old 06-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #69  

Hi Ladies,

It is late, but I am going to Steven's Point to help daughter and SIL move to their new house and will be gone for a few days and wanted to get a note off to you all.

Work has been really rough the last few weeks. Work loads are picking up, and year end and month end have weighed me down somewhat and it is not over yet. When I get back to work on Wednesday, the accountant is coming back again. By month end I mean May, haven't even started to look at June yet.

All we do is work on this yard. I even hate to take a few days off, but the yardwork will wait for me, from past experience that is how it has always worked.

Charlotte, my heart is breaking for you. If I were there I could hug you and look you in the face and tell you everything will be ok, but since I can't, I will have to reassure you with words. Words that do not seem to be enough to heal the heartbreak I am sure you are going through right now. I am sorry this is happening to you and your dear family, I will pray for you and your son that all of this will turn out allright and ask for prayers in church for a "dear friend" that is experiencing difficulty at this time in her life. Take care and know that you are loved.

Sheila, hope you are enjoying your summer. Since I have told you more times than you can bear to hear, summer is my favorite time of year, and I get panicky when the first day of summer comes, because I worry summer is half over. Well here in the frozen north anyway.

Still trying to take off the weight that I had gained, but not doing too well.
Take care and talk to you all soon, I hope.

Bluet

Last edited by Bluet; 06-25-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:33 PM   #70  

Just got back from spending some time with my son and granddaughter in Idaho.

Oh, my, Charlotte, I'm so sorry about your son's trouble. What a heartbreak for your family! Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I so hope and pray that you are able to find a good attorney who will get you through this heartbreaking situation. We're here for you when you need us, dear Charlotte. Please take care of yourself, okay? I know--easier said than done when life is in such turmoil. Sending my love. . .

Bluet, so far your summer sounds like too much work! But at least the snow is gone, the birds are singing and it's sunny outside, right? There was an article in the paper about bully bosses (guess there's a movie starring Meryl Streep as a bully boss coming out soon), and I thought immediately of you. Hopefully, though, OB doesn't treat you as poorly as Meryl Streep treats her assistant.

You say campfire, I think s'mores. Not that helpful with losing weight, am I? Vacations are my downfall, and I've had too many of them lately. My sister wants us to use her beach place this weekend while she's gone, but I really don't want to. I want a nice quiet weekend at home where I can control my eating and exercise.

Well, friends, time to start that housecleaning I've been avoiding.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:43 PM   #71  

Charlotte, I hope you can come back soon and let us know how you are doing. I pray every day that things will get better for you and your family. Know that I'm thinking of you. . .

Bluet, how was your holiday? Did you take four days off? Hope the weather was good for your outside work--not too hot, not too cold (as if that's a problem in the summer where you live, right?).

Well, my big news is that I ran in my first 5K run. I couldn't run the entire way, but that's okay. I beat the lady in her 70s! Actually, today was the first time I've run on pavement, and only the second time outside. I usually run on the treadmill so it was really different. My DH walked, and would have come in first, but he nicely let three women who really wanted to be first go ahead of him. He's got long legs and could have poured it on at the end, but he knew coming in first was important to those women, and it wasn't to him. Isn't he a great guy? I think so.

After that, we watched the parade, where anyone and everyone can join in. I haven't been to a parade in a long time, and it was so cute with all these kids on bicycles or in decked-out strollers. We had my Dad over for dinner (made chicken shish kebabs with different colored pepper and onions, herbed potato salad (from the new Weight Watcher magazine--it was really good), and mixed greens with fresh raspberries and walnuts with a raspberry vinagrette dressing. Yum! After dinner, we took my Dad to the bandshell in the city park to hear the community band play marches and patriotic songs. We borrowed a wheelchair from the assisted living place so he didn't have to walk. He really enjoyed the afternoon and evening.

Well, back to the same old, same old. to you both!
Old 07-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #72  

Hi Sheila and Charlotte,

It is really, really late for me, but wanted you to know Sheila, that I read your post before going to bed. We just got back from the marina, where the fire works display was. We wouldn't really go, except we always meet our son and his wife and children and our SIL from next door and his children to watch the fireworks. Actually I watch the grandkids watching the fireworks, that is more satisfying for me.

We worked all weekend. The weather was spectacular. I am exhausted, getting too old for this crap. Will tell you all more tomorrow. Sheila your meal sounds fantastic. What a neat daughter you are for your Dad. Charlotte, hope you are doing ok. Thank you for the pm. I pray for you everyday. Take care. Love you both.

Bluet
Old 07-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #73  

Hello my two friends,

Thank you both, for your words of encouragement. I keep asking the Lord why these awful things are happening. Maybe some day, I'll understand. You know, it's amazing how some things that were so important, just aren't, anymore. Like....I'd like to just be worrying about finishing the house...my life was so much better.
The custody hearing is Thursday, July 13th. Please be praying. She got temporary custody of the girls & an order of protection from him. He hasn't seen his little girls since it all happened. Also, the preliminary hearing is July 21st. We did get the attorney we wanted, but, it's costing us $15,000 dollars. My DH does have a good job right now (thank God) with a construction company, for awhile. He's working seven days a week...late each night, to pay the attorney.

It was in the papers, and on tv & the radio, so everyone knows. So far, everyone has been very kind & supportive. Of course, they don't know the full story....why he had to shoot him...& they've all been kind enough not to ask.

Please keep posting what's going on in your lives. I need to read about other things, & enjoy your posts. I love you both.
Charlotte
Old 07-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #74  

Charlotte, today is July 13, and I'm thinking of you and wondering how the custody hearing went (or is going). I'm glad you were able to get the attorney you wanted, and I hope he is worth the fee. What a relief that everyone is being kind and supportive.

Sounds like you had a fun but hectic 4th of July, Bluet. Hope your yardwork is nearing completion so you can spend the rest of the summer enjoying it!

Yesterday was my Dad's 90th birthday. We took him to a restaurant by the river, and had a lovely meal. Then we took him to the park for a big band concert. While he liked the music, he said he liked the concert we went to on the 4th better. Souza marches and patriotic songs are more his speed, I guess. Also took him for a ride, which he loves. We went onto the campus area, which has wonderful landscaping. He enjoys flowers and plants so much.

Saturday is the "big" party. My half-sister and three of her kids are driving down (about a 5 hour drive), and my sister and her DH are coming up (about a 45 min. drive). I made the party time so that my half-sister could go back home again if she wanted, but it appears she's coming down Friday night and staying until Sunday morning. Yikes! Although they're all staying at a motel, what am I supposed to do with them? I don't know them all that well. Oh, well, that's what I get for planning this "event!" I've been feeling a bit under the weather, too, and haven't worked out since Tuesday. Man, I hate that all-over achy feeling.

Let us know what happened, Charlotte, okay? Thinking of you both. . .
Old 07-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #75  

Hello my friends,
My son and I spent 2 hrs at the courthouse today, only to hear that the Judge couldn't try the case today. They will let us know when the new hearing date will be. We did find out that my son would probably only get supervised visitation with his girls. I hope it's only through the period of his trial. They always had so much fun going places, and doing things together. None of this is looking very good. Even with a good attorney, he can only do so much. Keep praying.

Sheila, I love the new pic of your granddaughter. She's a darling! I know your dad enjoyed his day out. You're a very good daughter. I'll pray your weekend goes well, and not too stressful.

Bluet, I know what you mean about being too old for fireworks, etc! I told DH that I knew I was getting old. I now want to go to bed early & wake up early....Hope you're rested now.

Love to you both,
Charlotte