Old 03-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #16  

Hello,

Just checking in.. Had some sugar last night..left over pumpkin pie from when the grandkids were here night before. Should have thrown it out, that's for sure.

Hope you are doing well Charlotte, are you still doing the weather at the tv station?

I would like to say hi to Sheila, and thank you for the pm you sent last month. It was great to hear from you and to especially hear how you Dad is doing. I received my copy of Birds and Blooms recently and it has a two page spread on Daphne. I had never heard of Daphne until you mentioned it last year. So I automatically wondered if your Daphne is blooming yet or not. Nothing here yet all the world is brown to us. I plan to hunt some Daphne down this summer, apparently they do make Daphne that will survive our cold winters. Are you still watching Survivor? I am, not on tonight though... basketball, basketball and more basketball on TV for the next four days. I am watching a new show this year called Bones, that I find very interesting and DH and I enjoy watching House.

Charlotte, I know you are not a dedicated TV watcher like me, so sorry to have left you out for a minute there. We are getting a little snow flurries this afternoon. Not suppose to accumulate, certainly hope not.

Have a good evening, talk to you soon.....Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Oh, my, I accidentally hit "Support Groups" instead of "Support" and immediately saw this thread! My eyes are leaking happiness! Missed you all so much.

Charlotte, I'm so upset to hear about your DH's accident. And an uninsured person, too. It sounds like he's okay, but that's awful about the truck. I don't think I'm a litigious person, but if the driver is working, perhaps you can get her wages garnished to pay for repairs? You certainly deserve to recoup your losses. How did the garage work out for the winter? Are you going to move into your "summer home" when the weather gets warmer?

Bluet, do you remember how you got off sugar three years ago? Can you go through the same steps? You CAN do it! SunnyD was the Survivor nut--I'm not into reality shows (except Biggest Loser--got hooked on that this year), but I love House. Have you heard Hugh Laurie (Dr. House) talk in interviews? It's so funny to hear his real, very English voice, after listening to him on House. I loved him on British comedies I used to watch.

Yes, the daphne is blooming!! The camelia was, too, until we had it removed along with the rhododendrons and two maple trees. Almost all the other shrubs are leaving, too. Our yard will look naked! I hope our neighbor doesn't invite the old owner to come by because I guess she cried when she saw we'd removed the junipers in front last year. Just think what she'll do when she sees that we've removed almost every bush in the yard!

It's 2:30 and I haven't eaten lunch. Now that says something that I delayed eating to type in this post!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:38 PM   #18  

Charlotte, isn't it wonderful Sheila found us again! My eyes are pretty moist too. Love you both...bluet
Old 03-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #19  

Hello,

I was trying to get onto the site Friday evening to post, but my server was so slow I was never ever to pull up the forum. Just wanted to tell you we were going to be gone for the weekend and would touch base on Monday.

DH is retiring at the end of April and his company gave him a weekend away at a resort near where we live. We had a wonderful time, we were pampered beyond belief.

Sheila it is so good to hear from you. You are a very compasionate person, you always mention all your friends and I can understand why you have so many lasting friendships. At this resort we stayed at, everything is English Tudor and it has beautiful enclosed courts with English gardens and knot gardens and gazebos and arbors. You would adore the place I am sure.

I hope Charlotte is o.k. lost track of when her treatments are

Well gotta go girls business as usual....Monday morning and all.

Bluet
Old 03-28-2006, 11:00 AM   #20  

Hello,
Sorry, but, my email didn't show any new postings. I just decided to check on my own. I get my next treatment April 3rd (Monday). Sounds like your diet is on the right track!

Hi Sheila! So good you joined us again! Hope all is going well. Back in the business of working in your flowers!

We all have a terrible cold. Hope I'm better by Monday. Can't have treatment, if I have any infections. DH has got to where he keeps a cold & can't get over it.
I'm afraid there's no summer "home" for us. In fact, I have no idea when it will ever be. It's ok...don't worry. There are more important things in life. I mostly miss decorating my house with curtains, flooring, bedspreads, pictures, etc. I can live without them. At least, I have, for almost 4 yrs. The garage is comfy enough, & we'll make do. DH has got to where he feels bad most of the time. When he gets home from work, he just doesn't have any more work left in him. We both have been sort of depressed lately, so I'm not pushing him.
Bluet, hope your DH is doing better now. Wish you could go on a nice vacation this summer. Maybe, there will be a turn-around in those plans. I don't see us going anywhere, either. Right now, we're just not interested. This week is much warmer than last week was. I do like that. I still help with the weather maps sometimes. Our meteorologist needs prayer. He takes Remicade treatments, same as me, only for Crohn's disease. They found liver damage last week & had to have a lot of tests. This is one of the dangers of Remicade. Although it's chemo, it can still cause problems. Sometimes we have to choose the lesser of two evils.
Gotta go for now. So glad to hear from both of you.
Love ya, Charlotte

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:30 AM   #21  

Hi

Charlotte, sorry to hear you and DH are depressed. I know how it goes though, life has it's ups and downs. When seasons change I get funky like that too. Today I am not par and just wish I were at home.

Not too much going on here. SIL is building a new home for someone and I have been picking up the grandkids next door from school and the 2 year old up from day care. Get home and get supper ready, feed the kids, do homework and get the baths done, before daughter picks them up when she is done at work. Starting to get worn out can feel it in the bones.

Sheila, how are you doing and how are your children and DH and your Dad. Are you busy tearing out the rest of the trees and bushes? No fear what the old home owner thinks, it is your home now. We made a lot of changes since we moved into DH's home place, at first I think I hurt his Mom and Dad's feelings, and I felt bad about that too.

Well, gotta go attack the stuff on my desk, have a good day ladies. Talk to you soon. P.S. gained another 1/2 pound.

Bluet
Old 03-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #22  

Good evening, friends.

Had a long day. I coughed all night & couldn't seem to wake up all day. Finally made it through. I'm off tomorrow. Normally go get hair done on Thursday morning, but thinking about cancelling out, & sleeping in. I just hate to have to fix it myself. I suppose I'll see how it goes tonight.

Bluet, don't beat yourself up over 1/2 lb. You could weigh tomorrow, & it be gone. The scales will vary. I weighed this morning & it showed another 2 lbs gone. That makes 12 lbs in all. I don't think I can take credit with my diet, though. This cold has left me kind of sick at my stomach & can't eat much. I'm afraid I may make up for it next week. It sure is hard to lose as I get older.

Sheila, we had beautiful flowers here, when we first bought the place. It's an older home place & the woman that lived here before us had worked hard with them. Now, they're all gone. Because of the fire & construction work. She passed away before we bought the place...I'm glad she never knew her hard work is gone. Such a waste.

I really don't feel too well, so I'm going to go. Try to post more tomorrow. Hope you both have a great Thursday.
Love, Charlotte
Old 03-30-2006, 11:50 PM   #23  

Hi, ladies--

Charlotte, I'm so sorry you're feeling awful. Hope your cold goes away, especially by Monday so you can get your treatment. Get lots of rest! I think that depression can affect the immune system, too, and it sounds like you need a dose of good luck to come your way soon. You know, I wish I could get all your relatives' addresses and write them "encouraging" letters (okay, what I really mean is kick 'em in the rear letters!) so that they could get together and help you guys out. Am I reading that right and your son has moved into the garage with you guys? Please tell me that's not correct! Hopefully, he's working on your house.

Bluet, what a great company your DH works for--that's an awesome retirement gift. Did you get any spa treatments? Are you going to follow him into retirement and finally be rid of OB? I hope the little ones didn't run you ragged.

Dad's doing good--thanks for asking. Did I mention he's in an assisted living place here where I live? I see him every night for Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. He had another bladder cancer removed, and had a bout with pneumonia, but he's recovered from both plus the assorted foot ulcers. The only thing I've had to get after him about is that he tries to reuse the Depends he wears at night (gotta be a depression thing). He dries them out over his radiator and then hides them from the assistants. As you can guess, his nose doesn't work right anymore, but everyone else can smell what he's doing so it's certainly no secret!

Yesterday a friend and I went to a day spa for a facial--it was her 70th birthday gift from last year. I figured since she turned 71 a couple of weeks ago, I'd better give her the gift soon. We had a great time--so relaxing.

Well, it's a bit later than I thought!
Old 03-31-2006, 10:10 AM   #24  

Good Morning,

I whole heartedly agree with you Sheila, Charlotte and her DH need some good things to come their way, and soon. The truck accident was just way too much.

I hope you are feeling better Charlotte by the time you get this message. How are your daughters and grandchildren doing?

Sheila, we were all still on the forum when you moved your Dad down to a nursing home near you. Drying the Depends on the radiator, oh my do you think we will end up doing things like that when and if we get to be his age? Sheila, my birthday is in April and from then I will have one year and 10 months to go and I will be free of OB One of the girls that works for me was bullied last week by OB, it was interesting to step back and watch the process. Afterward she walked around as if she were hit by a Mack Truck. Usually I am on the receiving end and can feel the process, but do not get to see it from a view point. There is absolutely no justification for abusing another person, that's what makes me so angry. Thanks for asking, got that off my chest. Actually it has come down to him not having any friends here and everyone avoiding him. Pretty lonely at thetop eh?

Last night we had a brisk blowing wind with rain hitting the house, and I didn't sleep very well, am tired today. We plan to do yard work this weekend if the weather cooperates, and after last years construction site, we have plenty of yard work to do. Well gotta go to the other office and do some billing. Talk to you soon.

Bluet
Old 04-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #25  

Good evening friends,
Had a beautiful day, weatherwise. Also, we're all getting better, if no one relapses.
Daughters & grands are all doing great, Bluet. Thanks for asking. All are picked for cheerleading this time, & others are placing in beauty pageants. I'll have to post pics some time when I'm not so lazy. Our biggest worry with them, now, is the two 17 yr olds graduation next yr. Jeremy is in South AL, & Tasha is here. We're afraid they may have graduation on the same day!
Great grandson is trying to walk now. Such a handsome boy! We're proud of all of them. They are all so unique.
When is your birthday, Bluet? Don't want to miss reminding you you're getting old! (hehe)
Sheila, thanks for worrying about us, but we're ok. Family will have to answer to someone higher than us. I leave it all in His big hands. Our son isn't in the garage. (at least, not after the first 2 weeks) The room that we used as a make shift kitchen is now the girl's bedroom. And the livingroom is their livingroom/kitchen/& his place for 1/2 bed. DH helped him put up a ceiling & door. That almost made me mad. I had wanted a room to get off to myself with a door for so long & a ceiling. I'm over it now. May as well be.So far, he hasn't helped on house. We're having a lot of problems with him....a long story. He needs prayer.
Glad your dad is doing well. I know it isn't really funny, but, when I visioned your dad drying his depends......well....I DID smile today. My mother was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago for a week with pneumonia. We didn't think she was going to make it. My sister & I had to stay at the hospital around the clock & she works. A very rough week. It was also the same week our son came home. She's doing much better now, & back at the nursing home. Poor thing doesn't know anything anymore. She does recognize me, though, because she see's me on the TV each evening, & then on Monday night with my program. The nurses says she goes to smiling & looking toward the TV when she hears my voice. Must be a sad life.
You know, I post so much about my problems, that I get to wonder, sometimes, if it's really believable. I live it, & almost don't believe it. All is true, though. Probably would be a best-seller, if I wasn't too lazy to write it. You know, there's people going through a lot worse. We're blessed.
What a nice gift for your friend, Sheila! I know you both enjoyed that! Every year, I take Connie (at the station) out on her birthday for lunch & to get her nails done. We enjoy the day so much.
Well, my friends, need to go & get prepared for church tomorrow. Time change is tonight, & we'll be running late (for sure!) in the morning. Have a great Sunday!
Love, Charlotte

Old 04-04-2006, 01:52 AM   #26  

Charlotte, I think it's kind of neat that your mother recognizes your voice on some level. Of course, I'm looking at it from an observer's point of view. That must have been difficult with your Mom in the hospital, both physically and emotionally.

Hey, that's so cool that they all got picked for cheerleading this year. That was kind of tough when one GD didn't make it last year. If they end up graduating on the same day, can you go to the graduation where you live, and your DH go to the out-of-town event? It must be nice having some grandkids so close so you can go to their events and watch them grow. We're going to visit our granddaughter in May. She's making some good progress in physical therapy--is sitting on the couch for long periods of time and trying to keep herself up rather than just flopping forward. Can't wait to see that!

Bluet, that little baby is walking already? Where does time go? Hey, my birthday is in April, too. I really like being born in April--maybe that's why I have such a love of spring flowers. The cherry trees are so gorgeous, and all my tulips are up and most are blooming. Hopefully the deer won't get them. It's hard to believe we have deer roaming our 'hood, but we do.

Wow, it's almost 11:00 pm. That one hour time change really does make a difference. Oh, after getting after my Dad about drying the Depends, he hasn't done it since. It's like I'm the parent and he's the kid now, which is tough. I'm already writing down all the stuff he does so that I won't do the same things when I'm older. I figure by then I won't remember so it will all have to be written down now.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #27  

Hello,

It is very nice in Wisconsin today. Sun shinning, not sure what the temp got up to, but the winds are out of the southwest, therefore no lake breeze with frigid winds to cool us off. Our spring bulbs are just starting to poke through the ground, absolutely nothing is in bloom yet. It is nice to hear that thinks are blooming and it is spring in the areas that you live in Sheila and Charlotte.

It is very nice that all the girls got on the cheer team this year! Happy to hear that Charlotte. I thought about you on Monday and Tuesday and today, knew you had your treatment on Monday, well provided you were feeling all right. Hope you are starting to feel better today. Who takes you to these treatments, since I know you are not suppose to drive after them? Well, I haven't had to face double occassions for my grandchildren so far, but I can see it coming in the future. Four of them are born within months of each other. Two are nine years and two are two years old. My birthday is April 20th.

Sheila, how wonderful that you are going to get to see your little grandaughter and good news that she is able to sit up by herself. You know Sheila, I have never met anyone that lived in Idaho, you are the first person I have ever known that spent anytime in Idaho. Did you like living there? What was the weather like and the terrain? I am glad your Father listened to you about the depends. How is your weight lifting and excercise routine going? Are you still at it?

I have hit a plateau in all I have gained 6 pounds. It just destroys me, I need to excercise more and eat less. I have been so tired when I get home from work, I am hoping that with the daylight savings time and spring on the way I will want to get out and work in the flower beds. There is just so much to do out there.

Well, have a good evening. Watched House last night. That Hugh Laurie is impossible. I did not know about him before House. I did see him in that Sahara movie. Talk to you later....

Bluet
Old 04-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #28  

Good evening friends.
It's been a short week for me....as I slept through a couple of days of it. (hehe) My treatment went well. You're right, Bluet, I'm not suppose to drive myself, but, there isn't anyone available. My kids & friends all work. My twin daughters scold me every time & tell me to let them know the next treatment & they'll take off work. But, I don't. I hate being a bother to anyone & know they need to work. I have about 40 miles one way to go, so I stop at a couple of stores & walk around to wake up, when I get drowsy. I also take just a part of the meds beforehand that I'm supppose to, and take the rest when I get home & lay down. My DH keeps his cell phone handy & checks on me also, in case I need him. I wouldn't lie to my nurse, but, she stopped asking me if I had a driver. We do what we have to sometimes....you know. Thanks for thinking of me....I missed posting.

We're suppose to have very bad stormy weather tomorrow. I dread going to the station. (which is unusual for me.) Connie & Bro Jones are going out of town for the weekend, so our meteorologist will have me on the maps all day giving warnings & such. I don't mind....I just usually end up wrestling with all the equipment, & it wins! I just hope no one gets hit by a tornado before we can warn them.

Bluet, I'm sure those few lbs are helping to make you tired. So, yes, you DO need to get it off. Like I said before, though, don't beat yourself up over it. Just work on getting it off. Even 1 lb a week won't take long. I'm finding that just eating a light supper is making a big difference for me. I don't think I've lost anymore since the 12 lbs, but I feel better. Going to get more serious with it.

Sheila...great news about your granddaughter! I know life is much better sitting up! Oh how I wish that precious little girl could be totally healed. God has his reasons for everything, though, & we have to trust Him. She has touched soooo many lives in her short life, already...including mine! When you see her, give her a big hug for me, would you?? I'd like to see a new picture of her.
My grandson, Jeremy, in South AL, had a minor vehicle accident Sunday night. He hit his chin on the stirring wheel, but, he's ok. He said he met a car on a curve on his side of the road. I worry so much about all of my grands. He's a good boy & a safe driver & I can just pray for him.

Well.....like you said, Sheila, this time change is rough. I'm tired, so gonna go. May be too tired to post tomorrow, but I'll get back soon as I can.

Love, Charlotte

Old 04-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #29  

P.S. Thanks for telling me when your birthday is, Bluet. Now...Sheila, when is yours???
Old 04-09-2006, 11:07 PM   #30  

Charlotte,

I hope this message finds you safe and that the storms that went through Northern Alabama didn't touch you and yours. I went on line to see how close two of the communities that the tornados touched down were to you. Seems they are pretty close. Praying you are all safe.

Bluet