Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #16  

I'll take that as a compliment!
Old 11-09-2005, 03:51 PM   #17  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, speaking of the busy bus, I cleaned the bathroom this afternoon and I almost had to chip the grime out of the sink. Apparently every week when DD washes out "her things", she "wipes" out the sink, but never actually scrubs it with any cleaner, so it doesn't look like it needs cleaning, but it does. My bad. Gross.

Later, gotta go buy puppy food, grocery shop, and peek in on the musical rehearsal.

Kiwi
Old 11-09-2005, 08:20 PM   #18  

Oh Peachers, I'm sorry it didn't work out...but at least maybe more interviews will come your way...

I hope mr. Sugah didn't take the internet away from sugahsnoofle...

YES!!! I AM A clean freak...I'm attracted to sparkly shiny things... where is this busy bus???? And how'd I miss it? And do tell the story of how you Cows met...

Big news! DH traded in his 99 Jeep Cherokee for a 06 TL Honda with that on board navigation system... Its very nice.... love that new car smell... he picks it up tomorrow.................................

must go clean something.....................LATAH my loverlies
Old 11-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #19  
Member w/ messiest house

Schatzi, youse be on the busy bus ever' livin' day, honeychile. We're the ones that keep missing it.

I see we had visitors drop by while I was walking the dog. Always like to do what we can to amuse, eh?

Sorry to hear about the da** job, Peach. Better luck and all.

I have just been roped into doing some sewing for the musical costumes. They need to alter some suitjackets to look like "cutaways" -- tailcoats, sort of. Yuchhh, sounds like fussy work, and the kids are already complaining about how they look. Well, actually they don't like the way the teacher did one of them -- made a squared-off waist length front with short square "tails". It does look dumb. Maybe I can do better. Oy. DD's costumes are quite a variety. As "lamplighter" (the ghost of christmas past in disguise), she wears knickers and a waist length jacket, as the ghost she wears a filmy wedding dress complete with train, and she also will have some body suit with harem pants that she'll wear for a dance number. The teacher is working on all these, she has a very hard time giving up control, not that I want any.

DD is over at a friend's house for "Lost" night. They get together every week for the new Lost episode. My inclination is to tell her that's ridiculous and she should forget it, but there's not all that much around to amuse yourself with so I guess she and her friends can be forgiven for using TV as an excuse to get together. But did they have to wear pjs? I mean, get in the car and drive into town in pjs? The good news is she got her report card and got all A's. again. How awful is this progression: The first 2 years of high school, when she came with all A's, I was pleased, somewhat surprised and proud of her. Last year, I was hoping every quarter that she would keep it up. This year, I'm just relieved. Something wrong with that, huh?

We went to a financial aid seminar last night. It wasn't actually boring, although I already knew practically everything they covered. I didn't know that you should send in your financial aid forms online at 12:01 on January 1st to secure your place at the "front of the line" for handouts. Gad. I think DD should go to a very expensive school so that she can get tons of money from the school.

Kiwi
Old 11-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #20  
fatter than U

I'm back, but not from vacation. Dh and I pretty much like each other again, which is a Good Thing. I missed each and every one of yas.

More later. I have to make dinner and make it look like I've been doing housework. Hah, that's a good one.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #21  
loves kleenex box art

This is my
B*tch of the Day:

DS has a dr. appt. at 1:40. He knows this. He told me the correct time for it. As he's leaving this a.m., I say, "I'll meet you in front of the doctor's office." Until he is 18, he can't sign things for himself and I must go.

He mutters something.

I say, "Huh?" (This is most of what we say to each other.)

He mutters and turns toward me and comes back.

"I'll have trouble telling that to the people at work," he says.

Soooo...he's considering not going. I can HEAR his breathing. The rest of his life he will, no doubt, be faced with being aware of his lung function and seeking timely treatment. Yet .... he's afraid of his minimum wage job boss.

I offer to talk to them.

He grumbles, "I'll call them."

Speaking of minimum wage, while his boss was not present at work, he put out a TIPS jar and collect $1. He is a cashier in a big supermarket. I would be shocked to see a TIPS jar after paying for all those groceries. Somebody tell me this a good thing ... that he's thinking outside the box or something.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:59 PM   #22  

Ooooo. Not a good thing. I'd tell him he needs to worry more about being fired for the tip jar than being fired for going to a Dr. appointment. Although ya got to hand it to him for initiative.

Of course Mr. Sugah and you like each other again - it's just the old ebb and flow of marriage. Faking housework - things that Schatzi would never teach you - rearrange the stuff on your kitchen counter, stack up all those papers that multiply on the counter, make a few vaccuum marks in the middle of the carpet, scoop all the clothes off the top of the dryer and stuff inside it. There ya go - clean as a whistle!!!! If you really want to impress him, dab a little vanilla behind yer ears - he'll think you've been baking. My aunt told me that when she was first married, she didn't know how to cook, but she'd go into the kitchen and bang the pots and pans around before she heated up a tv dinner and put it on a plate for her DH.

Hey Kiwi - we want to see pictures of those costumes when you get done.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:51 PM   #23  
fatter than U

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
My aunt told me that when she was first married, she didn't know how to cook, but she'd go into the kitchen and bang the pots and pans around before she heated up a tv dinner and put it on a plate for her DH.
YES! Your aunt should write a book, Wabby.

I'll sure be dabbing something behind my ears. Either vanilla or Pine-Sol should do the trick.

I want to respond to everyone but first I have to read what y'all have been up to and I'm soooooo tired that I don't think I can do that right now.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:32 PM   #24  
loves kleenex box art

This is ... weird ... I swear I posted this afternoon that DS

1. has neither of the things wrong with him that they were checking and

2. AND has been told he can come off asthma meds after 10 years. He smiled big at that. They'll check him again in 3 months.

Very YAY DAY
Old 11-11-2005, 08:32 AM   #25  
fatter than U

Thumbs up

YAY for that, Peachy!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:36 AM   #26  

happee news for Peachie!!!!
Grr, I did something real bad this morning (pre cawfee) and killed my laptop... I'm gonna have ta rebuild it..but DH has his personal one, his work one and we have a desktop one too... but alas, I can hear Kiwi ..now: bad bad bad, I haven't done a back up in like forever....sh*t on a stick and call it dinner....
Old 11-11-2005, 10:59 AM   #27  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, that's incredible news for DS, Peachers!! How the heck does that follow from the problems he's been having? Well, I hope he will feel better and better.

Bummer about the laptop, Schatzi. tsk tsk on not backing up. I wonder when the last time I backed up my hard drives was? And the answer is: 2/05 for my main data drive and 6/05 for my photos. Guess what I'm doing today?

I'm having a horrible brain cramp over this: We are submitting an ad for DD's play program and I can't come up with any copy! It's only about 1.5 x 4 inches, and I could put a photo in, but I haven't figured out what the heck to do!!! I've come up with lots of very cute pics of her as a little kid, but I'm just coming up empty on how to put it together. I've been scratching my head over this for 2 weeks and I've got to get it submitted today! Any ideas? She's playing the ghost of Christmas Past.

Maybe I just need about a gallon more

Kiwi
Old 11-11-2005, 12:39 PM   #28  

That's great news, Peach! Bet the boy's happy as all get out.

I have a nasty headache, and yet here I am posting for you all. I do and do for youz cows!!!!

DH is leaving tonight to go down to the coast so he can get up at first light to go fishing. I will be all lonely. I think I need to go to the liquor store to buy booze so I can be a solitary drinker. Nah. I already have a headache. Tomorrow is bunco - I look forward to it entirely too much. That tells you how exciting my social schedule is.

Sorry to hear of your laptops demise, Schatzi. Congrats on DH's new car. I love that new car smell too. You can buy that fragrance in an aerosol can now.

Kiwi, I've got no ideas, but I have faith that you'll come up w/ something by your deadline. You work better under pressure, don't you?

Throb. Throb. Throb. My head's killin' me.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:48 PM   #29  
loves kleenex box art

the pnemo is healing. She said no airplanes or deep sea diving for a month. He never has asthma flareups so he can try without the meds.

I can't write more. Distracted. Y'all keep writing.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #30  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, Wabbit, you can come over and help me make several gallons of chili tonight! We're going to a friend's house tomorrow night, to celebrate my birthday and I get to bring the dinner. Huh? Yeah, made me do a double-take too.

Where the heck am I going to refrigerate several gallons of chili, anyway? Maybe I could just put it in the garage, it's cold enough. Sigh.

I haven't come up with anything good for the ad. All DH can come up with is "Congratulations, Stephanie! Break a leg!"

Crap. Help me pick!!!

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S_Clown.jpg (16.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg S_cupup.jpg (41.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg S_M&M.jpg (14.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg S_sax.jpg (20.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg S_Yayup.jpg (37.8 KB, 13 views)
Closed Thread