3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Teachers Successfully Losing Weight/holiday Season Edition/see Ya In January!

Old 11-23-2005, 04:32 PM   #61
Is it Friday yet?

Just seeing if my signature works!
Old 11-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #62
burned out bus driver

Welcome Fran!!!! Of course you can join our insane band of friends. Sorry tonite I am such a burn out......can't properly welcome you other than to say hello. It will be fun to get to know you better after Thanksgiving ( this site is closed tomorrow).

Robyn- no wise woman here.....just been to a lot of WW meetings and know that that is what works! Hope your program was a success.....happy fishing my dear!

Pam- congrats on the loss......hope this weekend is good for you! Stay OP!

Me, I am pooped. Got my last pie in the oven.....have to finish cleaning up.
Then finally, MAYBE some sleep. Got up at 4:45 this am to get my darned 3 miler in....so you know that by now I am a zombie. Got one funny story, however......2 students (brother and sister) board this am....both are pretty good actually- she is a bit loud at times.....he ALWAYS has a nice green snot in his nose (1rst gr) and I always hand him a tissue, begging him to be sure to throw it in the trash for me. But, all in all......not bad kids and at least as far as being there at the stop- Mom and Dad seem to be ok. So this am they board, and the sister (4th gr) hands me a bottle (yes, sealed) of wine. How funny......as if Mom and Dad know that I might just need a glass after driving my insane route.... Hey I saw humor in it.

Anyway, better go....gotta clean up. WI last nite, I was the same- which is fine as it was an evening meeting and I usually go in the mornings.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! And among my blessings I count each of my friends here........
Ginny
Old 11-24-2005, 09:13 PM   #63

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. If you didn't stay OP don't get too upset. Just compare what you ate today to what you would have eaten if you weren't on WW. I know even when I am bad, I am still so much better than I use to be.

Fran - Welcome. This group is great. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Everyone is so supportive.

Michele - I know where you are coming from. My children are 10 and 13, so not much different from yours. Working full time, taking care of a family and your home is tough work. You just have to remember that by taking care of yourself you are actually helping for all the other things to fall into place. Give yourself a little time each day to take care of you. I am with Ginny. WW is a great program and it doesn't take a lot of time.

Robyn - I hope you enjoyed your time on the beach. I just can't imagin with the freezing cold and snow we have. Must be nice to be where it is still warm. I can't believe you have your shopping done. I use to have all my shopping done by Thanksgiving every year until about three years ago. This year I haven't even started! So how was the Harry Potter movie. We have seen them all but this one is rated PG-13 so I am not sure it will be okay for my 10-year-old. What do you think. I know there is a murder in that book. How graffic is it?

Ginny - So how is the strep throat? After Thanksgiving (at my DM's) my DD asked me to scratch her back. I felt some bumps so I lifted up her shirt for a peek. DEFINATELY Chicken Pox! She is covered. She had been vaccinated too. At least we will have four less days of school to miss thanks to the break. We are scheduled to have our family portrait taken tomorrow. So far she doesn't have any on her face, so we will see what she looks like tomorrow. I would LOVE your WW carmel popcorn recipe. That is one of my big triggers. I could eat a whole batch. I hope they found the cause of your smoking bus. That would be a scary thing to see!

Pam - I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving with your DM. I think maintaining your weight through the holiday season is a big success.

Mouse - Do I remember you talking about a water proof case you use with your IPod while doing laps? My sister, who is a dedicated swimmer, just got an IPod for her birthday. I was telling her I thought you swam with yours and she is very interested in what she needs to purchase to do that. Hopefully I wasn't making things up. Sometimes my old brain does that to me!

So is anyone crazy enough to go shopping tomorrow?

Sue
Old 11-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #64
burned out bus driver

Nope, Sue, I am NOT insane enough to go near the malls today. I am such a burn out I would not even dare going much of anywhere.......
Well, the good news about the chicken pox- if there is any- is that at least this time of year is not hot and humid.....a wee bit easier to keep comfortable. Can't figure out why your DD got such a bad case, even if they get it with the vaccine, it is supposed to be a milder case....hope she is feeling better. One game I played with my kids when each of them got chicken pox (2 of them are old enough to be prevaccine, so they got a lot of pox) was to play connect the dots....or pox with calamine lotion and a Q tip.
We would make all kinds of designs and faces.....in pink of course. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving- did you go to your Dm's? (thanks for asking about Dd, she is almost out of antibiotic and feels fine now)

Mine was ok.....I cooked and cooked and cooked. At least today we have all the leftovers. Took Dm home this am (early) so now things can quiet down a bit. Dd (both of mine) and Dd's roomate (from San Jose) are going to put up the Christmas tree today- ok it is early, but Dd can't come home every weekend from now till Christmas break- and this keeps them busy and the tree goes up......so I guess it works. My eating was pretty good- went slightly over points yesterday and no walk- but I am making up for it today- journalling like crazy and about to get a walk in. Gosh it is cold here in NY- 19 degrees here, withthe wind chill feels like 7.
Better go get the Christmas stuff out.......Enjoy the long weekend!
Ginny
Old 11-25-2005, 05:01 PM   #65
Is it Friday yet?

Ladies, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sitting here at my computer planning my night out (yes! I get to go out with my husband! What a concept!) Tomorrow's our anniversary, so the kids are going to grandma's and we're going to a movie and out to dinner. Can anyone say "I'll start eating better in the morning..." Good lord, you'd think after the amount of food we had at my family's Thanksgiving yesterday I'd be disinterested in food.
Really, though, I do think I am ready to get my act back together. I actually MISS my Weight Watcher meetings. I am about 20 pounds above my "low point" of two years ago, and I feel pretty much like a slug at this point. I am envious of the good progress that I can see you guys have been making--lots of hard work, I know. Any good suggestions for motivating oneself to hop on the treadmill at 5 AM?

Thanks for being there! Fran
Old 11-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #66

Hey!
Happy Belated Thanksgiving. Just rolled back into town and I mean literally rolled! Hope everyone had a great day. I made a broccoli (sp)
casserole that was OFF THE HOOK. Omigod, I ate it for breakfast today. Ok, so it wasn't low fat, but I think I can adjust the actual recipe and make it low fat.....(There was cheez whiz involved......) I'll say no more.

Ginny: DID YOU SAY STAY OP????????Geez, wish I would have read that sooner. I will weigh in tomorrow "officially" and we'll see. I am proud to say that I did drink tons of water. So, that's something. It's not too early for a Christmas tree. I LOVE CHRISTMAS. Everything about it. Except taking down the decorations. So, since my December, will be slam packed full, mine is going up this weekend. Probably tomorrow. And, I was one of those crazy people out shopping this morning. Unfortunately, there was not a newspaper to be found in the entire town of Virginia Beach yesterday, because everyone had the same idea as me. Darn. So, I kind of just ambled arround aimlessly. However, got a few great deals on some video games my youngest one is wanting and that's about it. Now, I'm pooped.

Fran: WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a different kind of relationship with food. It's a love love relationship. I happen to love to it. I have been dieting since last January. It has been a slow process after a summer of walking to the fridge. However, it's been quite successful. I am proud of me! It was nice to see relatives I haven't seen in a year and have their jaws drop and say I have inspired them. Nobody has ever told me that before. I know you will like it here. One day at a time.......
By the way before I forget. 5 am? I don't do mornings. I only get up because my job requires me to....Ughhhhh. I am an evening walker....

Sue: How was your Thanksgiving? Hope it wasn't too tough for you. I was thinking of Robyn too. I live in NC where she is this weekend. Our temps tomorrow morning are supposed to be in the twenties.....BRRRRR.
Our weather is so stupid. We go from freezing to warm and back again. It's freezing this weekend, but supposed to be in the upper 70's this week. I just never know what to wear.

Robyn: BRRRRRRRRRRRRR girl.. Hope you got some great fishing in. Bet it was a good time. I actually thought of you Wednesday, as I was driving to Virginia Beach, and saw the evacuation route to the Outer Banks sign.......

Mouse: How's your ankle? I hope you got some much needed rest and had a wonderful Thanksgiving...

Ok, gotta go dry my hair, we're going out for dinner, and I haven't seen my hubby since Tuesday. I kinda miss him. Talk to you later.

Pam
Old 11-26-2005, 02:52 PM   #67

More power to you who are getting your Christmas stuff up already! It is such a pain to do, you might as well enjoy it as long as you can. I use to always put my decorations up the day after Thanksgiving and take them down New Years Day. I'm not sure what happened to my Christmas spirit. Last year I think I put them up one week before Christmas and took them down a week after! Hopefully I will do better this year but I am not in the mood just yet.

We did get to two stores yesteday night. We needed a new family picture, so we just ran to Walmart. Then I took the kids to the dollar store to buy presents for each other. It was pretty depressing. First it was tough with the picture making it so concrete that we there is only three in the family. Then my (13-year-old) DS said he needed tools for Christmas in stead of toys because he had to be the man of the house. Finally when we returned home I noticed the flyer for the portraits and the fact that my DD had scribbled out the father in the picture with a marker. The good news is that the stores weren't busy!

Pam - Thanks for your concern. As you can tell from the above, things are a little tough right now. I hope that after the holidays things will get a little easier. Congrats on the relatives giving you complements. That makes all the work worth it!

Fran - Sorry no advice for the morning exercise. Unfortunately I am the type that would rather starve myself than exercise. I really need to get better at that for other health reasons besides maintaining my weight. If it helps, those who are able to make exercise into a routine, really miss it if they don't exercise. We have some great exercisers in this group, I just don't happen to be one of them. I am definately a morning person but I already get up at 4:45 a.m. to get myself and my children to school on time. I just can't see getting up any earlier than that.

Ginny - I do think her chicken pox are milder than normal. She has a lot of pox but they are mostly on her trunk with a few on her arms and legs. They already seem to be drying up. I am hoping she doesn't get another batch and we might actually be okay for school on Monday. She just has a very low fever (99) and as long as we give her Benadryl every six hours, she isn't itching.

Sue
Old 11-26-2005, 05:58 PM   #68
Is it Friday yet?

Hi..have been Christmas shopping this morning and afternoon and am feeling pretty beat, but way farther ahead than I was this morning. Why can't Thanksgiving break be a little longer?

Had a great time last night with my hubby--out to eat and we went to see "Walk the Line", which was very good. He and I hardly ever go out, much less to the movies. It's so hard to justify paying almost 8 bucks a ticket when you rent or buy the movie 6 months later for so much less .

Sue: I haven't put up anything for Christmas yet either ..I carried my mother-in-law's decorations from her basement, which pretty much did me in for awhile (many, many loads of stuff...this woman loves Christmas....on a positive note, I burned some calories going up and down those steps ! I'm taking my kids to the dollar store to buy presents too. I told them they had to spend their own money this year instead of mine! I'm envisioning some LOVELY gifts.

Pam: Yes, I know. 5 AM sucks. I actually would love to do the after-work gym thing, but it's too hard with school responsibilities and the kid's stuff. I used to try to exercise when we got home, but then everything else happened later....baths, supper, homework (plus I like my kids to leave me alone when I'm on the treadmill...none of THAT happens in the evening!) If I can just make myself go to bed at 10 PM, I can do the early bird thing (once I get into the routine). Getting past the first week is the trick, at least for me.

Ginny: Ok--the wine thing is very funny. If I drove a school bus, I'd need wine on a hourly basis! I had a mom (of one of my preschoolers) that gave me hot cocoa mix, a mug and a tiny bottle of peppermint schnapps a few years ago..needless to say, kept it pretty well hidden until I could get it out to the car! I must have looked like I needed it. My instructional aide and I swap wine at birthdays and Christmas pretty regularly, too.

Ladies, I'll check in later. Laundry and dishes are beckoning (plus I need to sneak the presents out of the car while the kids are at the neighbors). Fran
Old 11-26-2005, 06:56 PM   #69

Hey!
Got the tree up and have a big mess of boxes everywhere. Dinner is in the oven, and I am tired, but have to finish doing this stuff because there is a mess everywhere.
Just wanted to report that I had a 1.5 pound loss this week. (Inspite of the fact I kind of just ate whatever.) Wasn't too great with eating today either. Actually, kind of on a Pepsi kick. Have had a headache all day and thought maybe the caffine was what I needed.

Anyway. Back to work......

Pam
Old 11-26-2005, 09:17 PM   #70
KAR

Hi All,
Sorry that I have been MIA. Things have been a little crazy in my life right now. My dh and I put our house up for sale two weeks ago. It is just too big for us and we can't afford it anymore. I told him that I was tired of working all the time and not getting anywhere. So I have been depressed here lately and just put in time at school, do housework stuff, put my workouts in and that is about it here lately. But I hope to get back to checking in with you all on a regular schedule again. I think I will get off of here and go watch a movie. The living room tv has been on football all day and is still on it. So I guess it is off to the bedroom for me. I guess one good thing is when I fall asleep, I am already in bed.
Hope all is well with everyone. I will read the posts lately and catch up with everyone.
Kerry
Old 11-27-2005, 12:27 AM   #71
Swimming Mouse

Good evening everyone...
I've been gone for more than a week, sorry... let's see if I can't catch everybody up.

Last weekend, right after I posted, the weekend lifeguard and the head guard had a hiss & spit match with each other on Friday night. The weekend guard was supposed to come in to work for the head guard at 4:00. Our head guard is a decent guy, though he has a lot of risky behavior that tends to make me treat him like one of my students... Anyway, I don't know him to be nasty or vindictive, and he's pretty accepting. He certainly accepted me into the fold (and while that may have something to do with the fact that I'm usually willing to work his shift when he wants off, he was pretty nice to me before I started working there). He apparently had an appointment, and was unable to leave because the other guard didn't show up. Our director has been really sick lately (and I'm worried about her; she's not acting like normal), and so wasn't in. He managed to find a cover, but then the weekend guard got really mad that the head guard told our director that he was late and/or a no-show. The weekend guard then refused to work, refused to tell the director that he wasn't going to work, and called me. I worked 12-7 Saturday, and 12-9 on Sunday. By myself. Fortunately, I have a teacher-bladder, so not being able to leave the pool to go to the bathroom didn't bother me TOO much!
Monday we took a tour of a local resort with the kids, in the hopes that the resort will hire some of our students. One of my shy kids got up the nerve to actually talk to the head baker and ask for a job application! Woo hoo!! I was super proud of her, and also of my ED Kiddo: he kept it together until right at the very end. I think that might have been the influence of sugar at lunch, though. They treated the kids to lunch with a totally awesome buffet, and all these homemade desserts. And my one kid had a seizure right at the very end... In what is surely going to become my signature line from now on, he dropped his MOUSSE (MOUSE!!!) cake on the lap of my ED kiddo, and on the floor. It was a very mild seizure, though, but he did have a pretty nasty headache (he doesn't normally complain), after, and fell asleep on the bus back to school.
Tuesday was a half day for us, and we spent the morning making turkey flower pots. They were super cute; my ED kiddo started off his morning in a bad way: change of schedule. He was convinced that he didn't want to do this, that he hated me and everybody else, etc, etc, etc. Oh, and that if he ate turkey he was going to get bird flu! :chuckle: I told him that HE WAS going to do all of this and he did... super well! I remembered his desire to learn chess and backgammon, so my mom gave me the old set we had at home. Its in my trunk for him to use on Monday as a reward for pulling himself together.
Then, I left, and went to Pennsylvania. My mother had outpatient surgery, so I had to go pick her up. One of my students is a map quest guru, and got me absolutely AWESOME directions! Without him, I'm not sure what we would have done; if I'd gone my usual way, I would have gotten stuck on 95 behind that tanker truck that caused the accident on 95 N outside Baltimore Tuesday/Wednesday!
I spent the next two days running around (my mom can't drive yet), and helping make Thanksgiving dinner. My grandmother is driving everybody nuts because she pulled her hip out, and the orthopedist can't fix it till December because he did minor surgery to repair her shoulder. So, she's confined to a chair and using a walker. And madder than a wet cat about it.
I left Friday morning (after my father got mad that I had to leave without seeing him; I'd told him weeks ago that we could go to breakfast on Friday, but he was being his usual self and decided that wasn't good enough!) since I had to guard. I was supposed to guard from 12-5, and then head home. Guess who didn't show up? The other guard. Yea, the one I covered for last weekend. And yes, I "ratted him out" by calling the director. What else could I do???? Let me tell you, I'm still annoyed! I ruined my black school pants (not my dress pants, fortunately), but the others, and my red sweatshirt from my middle school I taught at. We're having to hand feed the pool, which means adding chlorine to the main pool via a drain in the floor. The machinery isn't feeding it for some reason. The chlorine splashed all over my clothes... I'd been freezing all day so I was wearing my street clothes over my uniform (we're allowed to wear black pants or shorts, and red sweatshirt or t-shirt, or guard shirt). If he'd been there, HE would have hand-fed the pool or at least helped me tip the bucket so it didn't splash. I finally got home to poor Imp at 10:30, and he was very glad to see me. He had been left home because he and Wiccan (mom's kitty) don't get laong very well. He is doing better: no throwing up while I was gone.
I think he's been getting into stuff in the bathroom... drinking from the toilet and the tub kinda stuff.
Today, I went to see Rent and Harry Potter. Rent wasn't bad, but they had to rearrange scenes and events to fit a movie. If you look at it as a separate entity instead of being "based on" the musical, its was very well done. If you want it to be just like the musical (which I saw when it was touring), you'll be disappointed. I think the person who played Joanne in the movie is better than the one who did it in the original show; she has a better voice, IMO.
Harry Potter was also decent, though they left out bits that really made what happened understandable! Like, duh, they don't tell the ending or show you most of the stuff from the Pensieve. Understandable, as the movie was 150 minutes long... but if you haven't read the book, you might be lost.
The ankle? ITs doing better: I went out today without the brace. I only almost fell over something once, on my way home. But, it still cramps up in the middle of the night. I'm going to try swimming next weekend when we have lessons, and hope to be able to walk well enough that I can use the mass transit service to get to the hotel at my conference in Philadelphia instead of a taxi. I'm taking the train from Lancaster like always, and the mass transit train drops you right at the convention center where the hotel is. The train is free, too.
Sorry to not get personal with everybody... this is already WAY long enough.
But...
Sue: Yes, I have a waterproof case for my iPod. As far as I know, the company makes them for the iPod mini (which is what I have), and the larger iPod. The company is H2O Audio, and I bought mine from J&R music. J&R is accessible via Amazon.Com, but they also have their own website, I think. You might also checkout Waterproofmusic.com. They sell the bags that I used to use for my CD Player... and the last time I talked to them they were considering carrying the H2O audio cases. If they do, buy it there. Awesome customer service!!! Oh, and tell her to give a miss on the holders. The arm one makes it really hard to swim, and the waist one seems to only fit the thinnest of thin. It didn't fit me (obviously), but also didn't fit two friends that were average sized.

<?> Swimming Minutes: ? (Goal: ? hours)
<?> Swimming Miles: ? (Goal: ? miles)
Workouts on hold due to surgery 8/06
Weight Minutes: On hold
Goals Met 2006:

Last edited by Anonymouse : 11-27-2005 at 12:33 AM.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:26 PM   #72
Swimming Mouse

Hm. I'm talking to myself here. I got the laundry done, but not put away. I was going to take out all the winter clothes and store the summer stuff, which meant I needed to wash because there was a mix of clothes since the weather can't make up its mind.
I had some leftover turkey, though, and really wanted a turkey sandwich with soup for dinner. I was planning to use the low-carb tortillas that Trader Joes sells. I should say, sold. Since low-carb isn't popular anymore, all they have is some nasty low-carb/low-calorie wheat bread, or some gluten free products that taste like sawdust. So, no turkey sandwich. Also, no meatloaf sandwich. When I'm at my mom's, I always stop at the local deli nearby... they make most of their own products, on site. Their products just taste so much better than any other lunch meat or bacon or anything. They make meat loaf and ham loaf which they slice up real thin for sandwiches. I don't normally like meat loaf except if I make it myself (or my mom does), but this stuff is great.
Do any of you know of a source for decent lower carb/low carb tortillas or bread? Most of the ones I've tried are horrible, and they tend to mold very quickly. I don't eat a lot of bread, and eat less than I ever did before, so it goes bad. Even if I put it in the freezer, it can still mildew... I've NEVER had that happen before! My whole family isn't big into bread, so we almost always store it in the freezer.
So, that was a disappointing trip. On the way home, somebody ran a stop sign and almost hit me, then somebody else put their car in reverse at a stop light and almost hit me again. Let me tell you, fear REALLY gets rid of nausea QUICK! I was convinced that last person was going to hit mel, because the car kept backing even after I honked my horn and flashed my lights. After that, at the next two lights, I stayed twice the normal space away from that car! Good thing too, because the driver did that back-up bit at the 2nd light too. Anyway, I just can't deal with the clothing right now. It'll have to happen sometime during the week. And I need to do it, because I know I need pants, but I'm not sure if I also need any new tops. The sweaters that I have now are at least 6 years old. But I don't typically use the dryer and wash them in cold or warm water, so they look okay.
And, stupid as it sounds, I'm wearing my fuzzy robe, got lots of blankets, I even turned the heat on in my apartment (its about 65 now), and I'm STILL freezing!

<?> Swimming Minutes: ? (Goal: ? hours)
<?> Swimming Miles: ? (Goal: ? miles)
Workouts on hold due to surgery 8/06
Weight Minutes: On hold
Goals Met 2006:

Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 09:04 PM   #73
MomWifeTeacherFriend

hullo people!
our time at the beach was wonderful! accidently even fished some...and caught one too! (was handed the thing by my oldest who had decided that he was never going to get a bite and decided to literally go fly a kite instead!) cute little fishy it was.... took it off the hook myself and released it back to the deep blue sea! even managed to visit some shops as i hung out with the other girls on friday as it was too cold and windy for those of us in pink to give a sh#& about fishing! did very well with eating and drinking.... since we weren't home ...and i didn't find a meeting at the beach before we left...i skipped this week with WW...no WI.... will catch up next week! i've not had the time to read all the posts yet....hope that all had a great holiday and are doing well! gotta run to get some laundry in...and i'm sure that i've got a school bag around here somewhere calling my name! please forgive me for not getting personal with everyone!

take care,
meeeee

HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:52 PM   #74
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello for me too......glad to see all the posts from the weekend though......Yup I did stay OP on Thanksgiving- had a bit of a rough weekend though.....not enough excercise and some stupid stress eating. In a strange way I am glad to be back to work- I can actually get some cleaning done here without all the house trashers following me doing their house trashing.

Be back later or tomorrow......sorry not to get personal.
Ginny
Old 11-28-2005, 08:39 PM   #75
burned out bus driver

Okie dokie...........or in Robyn speak Yippee skippee........
I just went online and got Ds's SAT scores....good thing Atilla is sleeping.....there's gonna be h*** to pay......

Anyway- survived the afternoon, kiddies were ok. My eating has been pretty good today, although who knows how my WI will go on Wednesday.

Now to get a wee bit personal...

Robyn, glad you caught some fishies.....don't sweat that you did not make a meeting, with a Saturday meeting you have all week to get back on track! (lucky girl....I have to face the music in 2 days).

Kerry- gee we thought you dropped off the face of the earth! Best of luck with the house sale..... I give you a ton of credit for doing what you have to do to make sense of the situation. I know far too many who are house poor...

Mouse- you aren't talking to yourself anymore!! I hear ya with the clothes, I should also go get some new stuff, and it just takes so much ambition to do so. Clothes shopping is not meant for anyone who is not a perfect size 8 or less.....sad but true. Hope you do get out to get some new stuff for yourself, a pretty sweater or two can really brighten the spirits, however!

Pam- so your tree is up too! Hope you got the miserable box mess cleaned up.....oh, can I identify with that one! (did a bit more decorating today myself) Congrats on the 1.5 loss......pretty awesome for this time of year!

Sue, glad the chicken pox were mild for Dd. Did she get to school today?
Got some shopping done??? Wow......I am so far behind, did none this weekend.

Fran- you too got some shopping done......want to do mine???? 5 am....Hmmmmm......I am the queen of 5 am workouts. Reasons to throw yourself out of bed at 5 am when those sheets and blankies are far too comfy..... NOONE interrupts you. The joys of peace and quiet. I go on the treadmill and actually watch some TV without Dh's comments about what I am watching. Perhaps you can tape a favorite show and watch the tape then-incase early am CNN and infomercials are not your style. I know big time that if I do not get that workout in early, there is a good chance that it will not happen. And I want those AP's far too much..... and the workout feels too good.......and I usually treat myself to a flavored coffee afterward (skim milk, no sugar....homemade so it costs pennies). It is my time- and that I get precious little of. I am by nature a night owl, so 5 am is totally against my normal rhythms. But the above reasons for me exceed the negative. And the workouts make all the difference in losing weight or not for me.

On that happy note......gotta go check out Dd and her homework. And turn off this darned thing with the hope that Atilla will NOT ask about the SAT.
Lord, give me grace......
Nite!
Ginny
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.