Old 11-18-2005, 04:25 PM   #46  
burned out bus driver

Survived the afternoon......BTW jambalaya is in my crockpot as we speak...smells wonderful.
Gotta go get a fix on the rest of dinner!
Nite
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:16 PM   #47  

Hey!
Happy Friday everyone. I just finished the three mile walk with our friend Leslie. Feel the burn. I just got a flu shot today, and my arm was already tender before that.
Ginny: You said article......I thought you were getting the video....Hmmmm Interesting. All I can say about that man is that he is no longer associated with our school...........

I ordered caramel popcorn from the boyscouts earlier. It came today. That was a disaster waiting to happen. I wasn't too too bad. But, it is sitting in the car so it won't end up in my mouth again. I will give it to hubby so he can just finish it off this weekend. I have no idea what we're having for dinner tonight. I'm too tired to cook. Nothing sounds good to me at this point. Maybe a nap. That sounds kind of good.

I'll be back later.

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:46 PM   #48  
burned out bus driver

Pam- it was a news site, however, I read two brief articles about the situation. If there was a video about it, I didn't download.....both articles were on the left side of the page. Gee, am I missing something good???
Sorry about the carmel popcorn. I can't be around the stuff either. I do have a WW recipe for the stuff, have never tried it though.

Jambalaya came out well....I altered it a bit based upon what I had in the house.......had to with a sick Dd and unable to get to the store.
But I have nothing for breakfast that the gang will eat.....so off to the store I go.
G'nite
Ginny
Old 11-19-2005, 08:36 AM   #49  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Just chatting with myself here......which I am very good at . Hey, you all know I am half nuts here. Anyone want to do Thanksgiving for me?? I am at the point now where I am feeling very overwhelmed. Just want a week in a rubber room with some nice soft music and a pile of good books. Dream on Ginny!
Robyn- hope the WI goes well......I know this is your morning for it.

Off to the shower for me and then to start cleaning and cleaning and cleaning......have a good day!
Ginny
Old 11-19-2005, 08:42 AM   #50  

Hey!
Happy Saturday.
It's a very cold Saturday here in North Carolina. BRRRRRRR. I did not lose or gain any weight this week. I guess that's ok, since I was on my period this week. I didn't make the healthiest eating choices. However, I also excercised more this week than I usually do. I walked atleast a mile everyday. One day two miles and yesterday three......Ughhh.

Ginny: Nothing more interesting, with that news thing. Just showed him in the courtroom, and a picture of my school.
Can't do Thanksgiving for you, sorry. Going to mommas. Actually I am supposed to be going today to help her clean since I didn't make it last week. Now my hubby is supposed to work, so I don't know.

Hey to everyone else!

Pam
Old 11-19-2005, 01:29 PM   #51  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hello people....
-.6 wasn't a huge loss....but it sure was better than a gain! At this rate, I'll be reaching goal in 2010...but I'm moving in the right direction, I guess, said the last known human survivor who managed to live off of her left thigh for 8 years...sigh! I do know that I should add some physical movement to my day....besides chasing kidlets; the only thing I can give up is one of my 4 hours of sleep...and I guess I'm JUST not good at making priorities...cause I'm rather unwilling to give up one of those precious hours.... My body and I function quite nicely on 4 - 5 hours of sleep.... less than that...and well, I get a bit Bit$&y....

I've said it before...and I'll say it again! The class this year is kicking my butt...and there are only 12 kidlets to deal with...they are VERY demanding and VERY high maintence and VERYVERYVERY low! HOWEVER, we are making progress! We are! Measurable progress! Had my 1st term meeting with the principal, reading lead, and the supervisor for reading/writing instruction on Friday. They were VERY complimentary! Which made me smile.... which lasted until I walked back into my classroom where my children were with a Kindy Assistant...and they were ROCKING the place! Got them settled down, did most of our day and then as my teaching partner was out for the day, I took both of our classes and ran us thru our Thanksgiving program...( you know...the glossy, shining, happy program....with pilgrims and Indians holding hands...singing stuff.. yadda yadda yadda.....We are NOT touching the rape, disease, stolen land and any other various issues!)....told the sub to take a break! (I didn't want her listening to me sing OR "direct" the "play"! LOL) Anywho... I'm exhausted from my week... and I have less than 48 hours to get my butt energized to go again! So...I'm sorta thinkin hard about a nap!

Oldest is off camping / riding bikes in the woods in the freezing (literally!) weather with the BoyScouts! Yes, we also ordered some of that BLASTED caramel corn...the one with almonds and pecans...OMG OMG OMG! What sinful wonderful stuff that was! I ate a handful...and closed the bag.... I'm sure the 1 handful had 100000 points! I'd love a WW version of this, Gin...as Caramel Corn is one of my trigger foods...that and just about EVERYthing else one could eat!

Someone tell me what the meeting was this week.... I had to do stuff early this morning with BoyScouting Son....and when I went thinking that there was a 8 am meeting....however, the next meeting was at 8:30 ...and I decided that I didn't want to hang out with those strangers (Isn't it funny how you get used to YOUR meeting?!) while I had SOOOOO much to get done today! Watching the news about the hurricane! Who would have ever thought a hurricane AND Thanksgiving in the same week!?! IT had BEST not hit the beach! I'm so READY to sit my fanny on the beach ...even in freezing weather...I can't waittt!

Hope Imp, strep daughter, and everyone else are doing well! I hear my pillow calling me! Take care,
meeeee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 04:29 PM   #52  
burned out bus driver

No takers on my Thanksgiving offer eh?????

Robyn- smile.......anytime the scale goes down it is good!!! Keep it up- you are doing fine....hope you got that nap in. Sounds as though you need it with your 12 kidlets.

Pam- it is cold up here in NY too. Considering the time of year maintaining is good too......anything short of a gain of a # or two is good.....holidays and all the food this time of year makes it tough. SO, I consider staying the same, well not as good as losing but still an accomplishment. Hang in there.

Got a walk in, 2 miles. No great pace, as I am pooped, but the fresh air felt great.
OFf for more cleaning......
Ginny
Old 11-20-2005, 01:29 PM   #53  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Just spent wayyyy too much time reading the surf fishing reports for Hatteras! We've got to get thru Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday until 2........ and then we're headed for Hatteras ...fish or not! Can not wait! The 3 days coming at school are going to be very difficult...I've got lots to accomplish before Wednesday at 2! I'm going to take my work and home stuff one day at a time! I'm off to make my lists and plans for how to attack the mountains! Yesterday I stayed OP and only felt like eating the sofa cushions once! Today things are going fine!

Hope the sick kitty and sick children are feeling better! Hope all you cleaning freaks have made progress! I've managed to make our living area worse by dragging in boxes of Christmas presents that were purchased this Spring..and stored at my parent's house! (All my shopping is done with the exception of our kiddos ..... and 2 dear friends! And it is all PAID for! With 1/2 of our income missing...THIS is getting interesting...but I'm trying to only use CASH!)

Ya'll take care,
meeeee
Old 11-20-2005, 03:19 PM   #54  
burned out bus driver

Made the pumpkin mousse......wonderful stuff!!!!!!!!! And incredibly healthy. Robyn- you make me sick with all your shopping done.....but I am happy for you. And to have done it with cash....that is tremendous. Gotta be commended for that one. Fishing on Thanksgiving???? Hey, better that than eating too much.

Gotta go clean some more.......
See ya !
Ginny
Old 11-20-2005, 04:17 PM   #55  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Gin...
This is PRIME surf fishing time.... the ocean is getting cooler.... fish are moving south...right down the coast... the point at Buxton, NC is where the currents (southern and northern) meet.... Surf Fishing is whatcha do on Hatteras Island this time of year! There will literally be crowds to contend with on the beaches...especially IF and WHEN the fish are running! (I decided long ago.... I couldn't beat him.... I had to join him! )

I'm worried about eating too much. To the point that I've put a red rubber band around my wrist to remind me of that darn red line on my scale! I guess I could have put a digital 200 on the back of my hand in marker to remind me of where I don't want to head! Hehehehhe....

The Crustless pie recipie, while I've not tried it (cause I'm FARRRR from a pumkin fan...), is getting rave reviews everywhere I surf.....

Gotta run.... going to see the new Harry Potter movie tonight! I'm excited...but must get my part of dinner ready! He will be grilling....

take care....
meeee
Old 11-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #56  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Hello, all. Sorry I've been MIA for over a month. I just haven't cared about anything related to walking or weight loss lately. I haven't walked since Nov 5 and don't know when I will again. I HATE feeling this way, but I just don't know what to do to change my attitude!

How do those of you with younger kids (mine are 9 and 11) and full-time job DO IT?????

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 07:32 PM   #57  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Michele- glad you came back to say hello. You have to find a program that works for you- your lifestyle, your eating habits. And one that allows you to live a normal life. It is a lifestyle event- a change in your whole outlook on things. And it is not easy- but you are worth it. And you can do this.
OK, I know I sound like a darned broken record, but have you tried WW?. They now have 2 programs, core and flex- both work in the real world with real food. I won't preach, I won't nag. Just here to answer questions in you have any. And remember as far as walking goes......15 minutes a day will make a difference....

Robyn- PLAN!!!!!! Ok, you know you are going to snack- want some high point value foods. Pick your battles! Try to figure out which foods are total musts for you......allow yourself a small amount of those...keep away from the rest. Or find some way to reduce the points in your favorites. And come up with some substitutes that will keep you happy. And have on hand LOTS of flavored seltzers.....water.......whatever you need to keep your mouth busy for no points. Got any tough foods?? Maybe I can help or have some low point alternatives for you......let me know. YOU CAN DO THIS!
Hey- surf fishing is fun- Dh and I do that too, except I am crummy at casting.
Have you given those artificial blood worms a try ?(or any of the artificial baits....we found tons on them on the OB) Believe it or not they worked- and we did not have to worry about bait going bad (and I HATE blood worms).
I remember hearing that fall fishing on the OB is great......timing is bad for us Yankees.....too long a drive....... Hope the movie was good.

Today was ok......still cleaning......there might be a light at the end of the tunnel....tomorrow I start baking and will get to a WW meeting in the evening.
My darned bus starting smoking from the instrument panel this afternoon- had to get a spare brought in (and I had not even left the school yet!). Oh well, worse can happen. Snuck a walk in....
Guess I'd better go. Have a good nite!
Ginny
Old 11-22-2005, 08:45 PM   #58  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Gin.... you are so so so so wise.... not only about fishing bait...but also about planning my attack for this long weekend with friends! This truly will be a test! We've made our menus for the whole weekend... made as a whole group...4 families. It will be difficult to only eat healthy foods... so my attack is to focus on eating with control and determination not to OVER eat! I have been very successful giving up alcohol! Not a drop since I don't know when! WhoooHooo! So THAT won't be a temptation! Now if only I could do that with sugar! LOL Gotta run get the clothes ready to go!

Tomorrow is our program for our parents! We did a dress rehearsal today for a 2nd grade classroom (mom of one of ours is the teacher...and won't be able to come tomorrow!) She was allllll GaGa over our hard work! They sure pulled it together today when they had to! They look so darn adorable in their turkey hats! Wish us luck tomorrow...when it truly counts!

Off to my laundry sorting! I'll check back tomorrow.
......til then
Take care,
meeee
Old 11-22-2005, 09:17 PM   #59  

Hey!
Made it through the last two days of ****.....Now a needed five day vacation. I'm feeling crummy. Got a flu shot last Friday. Now, I feel like I have been fighting something off for two weeks. My house...Ughhh Back to a disaster area again. Oh well. I was thinking of putting my fall decorations away so that when I get back from Virginia Beach I can start pulling the other stuff out. So far, just thinking about it. My hubby has left for his moms house. We are doing separate Thanksgivings this year. I told him to go to his mom's house because he rarely gets to spend any time with her. So, I am taking my kiddos plus my son's girlfriend to my mom's. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon. Oldest has a job interview in the morning. Yes, another one.....Surprising isn't it. I hope this one pans out, I think it is salaried.......Staying on plan. I have not fallen completely off the wagon this week. But, I'm not doing as well as I should be. I went to my mom's this weekend, for the whole cleaning thing, and ate a little too much Saturday night. I was down to 167.5 this morning, but by Saturday who knows........I am going to try to be good..............
I'll try to get back on here tomorrow. I'm pooped.

Hey to everyone!
Pam
Old 11-23-2005, 03:00 PM   #60  
Is it Friday yet?

Hi! I am a public school preschool teacher in Columbia, MO needing some support and motivation. As my username suggests, I am the "queen of yo-yo" when it comes to dieting...attendance at Weight Watchers...weight loss and gain...you get the picture. I have a love/hate relationship with food and a history of dieting (and not-dieting) that goes back for most of my life! I'm also married and mom to three girls (10 years and 7 year old twins). I'd love to join in on this thread if I can. Thanks, Fran
noyoyo4me is offline   Reply With Quote