3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Teachers Successfully Losing Weight/holiday Season Edition/see Ya In January!

Old 11-11-2005, 06:22 AM   #16

Robyn and Mouse I am thinking of you as I sit in my pjs and type! Unfortunately my internal clock didn't get that I didn't have to get up this morning so I was awake at 4! I did mananage to stay in bed and somewhat rest until 5:30 but then decided I might as well be productive.

Parent/Teacher conferences are done. I had a message on my machine that my car is done (did I mention I hit a deer last week?) and I can pick it up today. I am so happy. I hate borrowing other people's cars. I think I'lll make myself a cup of Chai tea and curl up on the couch and watch the news. They are predicting our first measureable snow this week.

Sue
Old 11-11-2005, 06:21 PM   #17

Where is everyone today? Robyn, I didn't last all day but I put forth a good effort with the pjs! I had a very good day today. I picked up my car from the body shop and was very pleased with the results. Then ran into the "big city" because my DS outgrew his winter coat last year and it is suppose to snow next week. He found one he liked after about five minutes AND it was 50% off plus I got an additional 15% off by putting it on the credit card! YIPEE!!!!! Then I got home and called the camper place about getting the camper winterized and they said we can do it right now if you can. I was so worried they wouldn't get me in before winter hit. Now I am thinking about slipping my pjs back on and doing a little reading. Unfortunately my book is at school but I have tons of magazines that I haven't had time to read.

Tomorrow I have my "Second Saturday" coffee group meeting in the morning. I'll take the kids to bowling in the afternoon then I will need to decide if I want to make an appearance at the slumber party. Right now it sounds good just to lay low but who knows what I will feel like tomorrow.

Sunday my family is celebrating October/November birthdays. Luckily none of the birthday kids are mine and it is at my Mom's so I will get off easy on what I need to bring! It will be kind of nice being at a family gathering and not stressing over whether or not my DH is enjoying himself. I have to keep thinking of the positives of this divorce because otherwise it is all too depressing!

So what did everyone else do on their day off? Anything exciting happen at school for Robyn and Mouse?

Sue
Old 11-11-2005, 08:59 PM   #18
Swimming Mouse

G'evening everyone.
School was mostly uneventful today; my Spanish speaking student is getting quite the English vocabulary. He called me a b yesterday, and a student in another class a baby today. Then he got on the computer when I turned my back (my fault, I left myself logged in for the 30 seconds it took to show the TA where something was), and starting typing all kinds of stuff on my IEP form.
However, it seems as if my bad luck is back! I was kind missing it, you know?
So, I think I mentioned my car nearly stalling out a couple of times? I took it over to the car dealer today. At lunch, I called to find out the issues. It needs a new coolant gauge, because the current one is cracked; it needs a new engine cylinder because one of those is cracked also. The breaks were also due for repair, so I had them go ahead and do that with an oil change. Why take it back later??? :sigh: Total bill? $1100.
But here's where things get interesting: The car wasn't ready by the time I dragged my butt out of school (after 4:30.... we were editing an IEP meeting). So, Saturn arranged for a rental car for me, and they are paying for it. Good thing, right? And I was so PROUD of myself for remembering the parking tag for my apartment building AND the garage opener! Guess what I couldn't get, and what didn't occur to me? MY HOUSE KEYS and the door opener for the apartment (key card) are on the CAR KEYS!!!!!!! I got all the way home, Saturn is long-gone and closed, and my keys are in Sterling! Fortunately, somebody came out of the building and let me in before I had to stand there too long; and a neighbor that I know was at home. We met one evening she was taking out the trash because her kitty looks like a bigger, unspotted version of mine. Her cat went out to roll on the concrete, which my Imp does also. So, we talked. Good thing. I owe the maintance guy becuase he didn't charge me the lockout fee after I explained the whole story to him about Saturn having my car and my keys. That was my day. And tomorrow, I don't know if I'll get my car back because I forgot that I had a mandatory school training (they'd better be paying me or I'm leaving!). The training is like 25 miles from here; I normally go out there on a toll road, but of course the rental car doesn't have my EZ Pass. The training is over at 3:30, and I think the dealership closes at 4:00 or 4:30. Oh, and I have swimming lessons that evening. I was looking forward to a trip to the library, and then going to the gym EARLY so I could swim! Or at least do my old PT exercises in the therapy pool. I can't get in or out of the new pool because they have stairs.
Robyn: He was talking about Wayne's World I, not II. He was very specific. But you're right, I did get Bill & Ted mixed up with WW I & II. He did eventually agree that I was correct, though, so now I'm not sure what movie he was talking about.
Okey... mouse off to bed.
Later.

<?> Swimming Minutes: ? (Goal: ? hours)
<?> Swimming Miles: ? (Goal: ? miles)
Workouts on hold due to surgery 8/06
Weight Minutes: On hold
Goals Met 2006:

Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 06:14 AM   #19
burned out bus driver

Gee, a lot to catch up with. Sorry for missing the past 2 days....just got caught up trying to do a million things. And attempting to get this messy house straightened up (changing curtains, decorating etc......) for Thanksgiving, which I know will be here. Ok, I am early- but also know that Thanksgiving week there are several half days and that means I spend a lot of quality time in #234......(my bus #). And not so much time at home.

Sorry not getting personal at this time, I have to go on Dh's HR website and complete the open enrollment stuff..... Happy Saturday!
See ya later.
Ginny

(Robyn, get to WW this am???)
Old 11-12-2005, 07:46 AM   #20

Hey!
Happy Saturday everyone! I was one of those folks off for Veteran's Day also. However, I steamed clean all the carpets in my house. Gosh, I feel so much better about that. With the holidays coming atleast that will be done. Managed to get my bedroom clean. With all the other work, the kitchen is a disaster. I am probably going to my mom's to help her clean her house so it will be "presentable" for Thanksgiving. It always is, but she is picky....
Well, I only lost another stinkin half a pound this week. Ughhh, I'm really starting to get frustrated.......I walked almost every night, and did really well with my points and everything. Yes, half a pound is half a pound, but at this rate it will take me forever to get to 150.......

Ok, the Jumbalaya was 9 points. Not great, but not bad for dinner I guess.
This jumbalaya is pork chops, kielbasa, onions, celery, garlic, bell pepper, a dab of worcestershire sauce, rice. I could cut the points down some....My son's friend's father makes it and I had a taste, it was good, so he gave me the recipe. Yummmy. Big hit, I fed my family plus two of my son's friends....To me, it wasn't spicy enough. My folks put hot sauce in theirs.

Getting sick. My oldest has been sick, my hubby is sick, and I have been fighting it for a week. I refuse.............I felt yucky yesterday, but so so today.

Sorry not to get personal, but lots to do.

Pam
Old 11-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #21
burned out bus driver

Back again......still having trouble with this darned open enrollment stuff, but at least I think the selections finally went thru. These darned computers are wonderful when it all works out.........depressing when they do their own thing, as this web site did.

Also went to Dd's last soccer game......kind of bitter sweet.....happy and sad all at the same time. But cold- it was 28 degrees last nite!

Pam- so I am not the only nut cleaning for Thanksgiving already! Sorry that you are not feeling great. Drink lots of water- try to get some rest, ok?

Robyn- get to WW today? Hope that WI was a winner.....

Mouse- OUCH!! What a nasty car repair bill!!!! Hopefully you will be able to get thru the winter w/o any major expenses on it. Pretty amusing about your keys..........glad that worked out for you.

Sue- hope your family outings this weekend are all pleasant.....nice that you have much to do to keep you busy, productive and focused on your family.
I can't imagine how you must be feeling- but it does sound as though you have a fairly decent support group for yourself in terms of friends and family.
(and of course you have us here too!)

Okie dokie- got a busy afternoon so I'd better get going. Hope everyone has a great weekend.....
Ginny
Old 11-12-2005, 11:15 AM   #22
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hello everyone,

It is cold here. The temps have dropped nearly 40 degees in less than 2 days! I hated getting up in the dark for my WW meetings; however, at least it was warm! Sigh! I've just returned from my 7am WW meeting, followed by a rousing shopping extravaganza (not!) at WallyWorld for next week's groceries and all the other junk WallyWord has! I earned my 25 pound magnet for hitting -25 today! I was soooo excited! I'm like one of my first graders! Those little stickers, key ring (got that last week!), magnets, and postcards (REAL mail! WhooHoo!) really make a huge difference and I feel totally goofy and child like as I show my "prizes" off to people! LOL Anywhooo, I've made a dent in my next 20 pounds which makes me grin like an idiot! Perhaps someday ....before everything is out of style... I will be able to get back into my "skinny" clothes! Sigh! Tried on my NOT women's sized pants and realized that my post pregnancy belly REALLY is an issue! (Ok...don't tell....but my baby is 10! But I *SWEAR* that it was my two beautiful babies that caused this wonderful body shape I've got! OK...well.... the gut....I'm not gonna tell you what caused the back side of the issue...Moving along..)

Ok, Pam. Pam. Pam. Here comes the arse kicking..... Are you journaling? Are you drinking your water? Something is hanging you up! Are you eating enough?! While this has NEVER EVER happened to me....chortling at the idea, actually....I've heard others talk about this issue of your metabolism slowing down to save you from starvation! I was meant to be THE last survivior on the planet, honey! I could live for 2 years on a single apple. SLUGS! SNAILS! They are all faster than my metabolism! Google the Wendy Plan.... It is a way of arranging your whole week of points that some WW folks prescribe to that manipulates your metabolism. I've tried it (not this "go round"!) and it made a difference! **Disclaimer, WW does not recommend this AND I am not a doctor, nutritionalist, or expert of anything (other than First Grade!) BUT I do express my opinion a LOT! My husband is still unemployeed and I'm a lowly paid teacher, SO...If the Wendy Plan doesn't work out for you, please don't you and your lawyers try to squeeze the turnip! This ends my rather long winded disclaimer!** AND don't forget any - number beats the crap out of a + on your chart! STICK to your plan! I know it gets frustrating! OMG, do I know! But hang in there and your 9 point Jumbalya sounds wonderful! THAT is what is so wonderful about WW.... you can eat 9 point Jumbalya and STILL lose weight!

Gin, We are going to go to Hatteras for Thanksgiving! We will be staying down there at Corey's new house in Southern Avon! It is literally on the last street out of Avon! You can sit on the porch swing and look out over the sound and the ocean at once! ...Depends on which way you gaze! Also, the light house is easily in sight! Its beacon actually crosses the great room at night.....not so much that you can't sleep (like in the house we stayed in at Buxton several years ago!) but just enough to make you smile yourself to sleep! We will take food to add to the Thanksgiving meal..... and it will cost us gas money....but other than that....no high rent to worry over! AND it is fishing season! The blues are running! AND the prime shelling time will be starting! I'm excited, can you tell?! A freeeeezing day down on the beach beats the heck out of a 100 degree day at home! Hopefully it won't be bad! Heck, we used to camp down there every Thanksgiving for years! So....heading into a house will be dreamy! Sorry...I go on and on!
I'm watching my mail for your post! So far...darn federal holidays....nothing!

Has anyone made the WW 4 point Crustless Pumpkin Pie? It sounds wonderful AND the whole darn pie is only 4 points! WhewwwHooo! I'm thinking of whiping one up to see if I should take one to the beach! (What a great excuse, huh?! BUT it *IS* only 4 points!)

Mousie, um, glad to hear that your ESL kiddo is learning some of the English language! Had to giggle at his progress, tho! Isn't it so typical?! ...and I bet if he knows how to taunt and tease a kid by calling him baby...then he knows more english than he wants you to know! I wasn't correcting you about the movies. I thought that you were trying to figure out what the kid was talking about! ...and it is totally sad that I knew exactly who was in what...and the plots! Hope you and your car (and keys!) have had a reunion!

Hello to anyone I've missed! Forgive me!

Well..... This is TOOOOOO long and wayyyyyy too meeeeee! So, I'll leave for now! Gonna go see if I can rake the living room before going into the bathroom to chisel my way to the original surfaces! I just *ADORE* weekends! I get to scrub toilets and prepare everything for going back to my paying job!

Enough!
take care!
meeee

HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:28 PM   #23
MomWifeTeacherFriend

hey pam... you don't have to go to google to read about the Wendy Plan....
go to support groups and ww general...and it is the first sticky! just thought I'd save you some pop up ads! LOL

meeee

Old 11-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #24

Okay Ginny do you actually change your curtains for each holiday or did the curtains and the decorating just happen to occure at the same time? Last week I was in major scrubbing mode so this week I have done nothing!

Mouse- sorry to hear about the car bill. Wow that was a biggie! Hopefully that will fix everything for a while. I can't believe you left your house key! Sounds like something I would do.

Pam - I hope you beat your bug. Your Jumbalaya sounds like it was worth the 9 points. I am thinking that I have a recipe for jumbalaya in one of my WW cookbooks. I'll take a peek through them one of these days when I get a second and send it to you if I find it.

Robyn - I have had the WW pumpkin pie and it is really good. Not as good as a huge piece of crust but one of my favorite things. I put a big gallop of FF Coolwhip on it to. Yum. Congratulations on getting your 25 lb magnet! I got to 24 1/2 lbs once but then gained some back. I guess I should have went to get weighed during my stressed out week when I got too thin! It is funny how hard we will work for such things. They aren't even very attractive!

When I was at bowling today my sister asked if she could take my DD, who loves to clean, home with her because she has a neck injury and can't do much. I told her she could take both kids to help. She agreed so now I am going to the JUGS (Just Us Girls) party tonight. Sounds like fun but I am guessing I'll be paying for it tomorrow!

I think I'll take a little nap right now so I can hang with the big dogs tonight. I usually can't stay up past 10!

Sue
Old 11-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #25

Hey!
Thoughts of you Robin......Just went to Walmart to do my grocery shoppin on a Saturday Night no less.......Usually I am there at 7 am on SUnday morning. But, I have cleaned the house and that would be one less chore to do before we go back to school Monday. Yes, I have been journaling, journaling, journaling. No, I am not drinking enough water I guess. How big of a difference does that make? I thought you could drink three decaffeinated beverages for three waters though???????I am drinking water now..... But, I have been drinking decaf unsweetened ice tea a lot instead of Pepsi. I only drink half a pepsi in the morning.This week I actually did try the Wendie plan. And believe it or not, you really have to eat to get to that high point day......I believe that was Jumbalaya day........... I was hoping that it would would do something for me. My body refuses to go where I want it to go.......I know it's better than a gain, but it just sucks.
However, I realized at some point during this day, that my period is due this week. Maybe that has something to do with it. I am certainly not giving up. I have not been at this weight since before my 20 year old was born. Omigod! I also have nine year old post baby fat. Ha! So, I know the feeling. Wave at me when you are at Hatteras. I'll pass you on my way to Virginia Beach. Sounds like a blast though.
I want the pie recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginny: I have the cleaning bug definitely. We won't even be home for Thanksgiving. BUt, I know that if I don't get it clean, then I won't be able to start pulling Christmas stuff out when we get back! Weird huh? I was a little miffed at all the kids tracking leaves in, on the freshly steam cleaned carpet today. I wish I had this cleaning bug all the time.

Sue: I'd love the recipe. We have really been trying a lot of new things. My hubby even complemented me on low fat cooking. It's so funny all my oldest son's friends have been eating all the stuff too. Saying geez Ms.Pam, you sure can cook, even if It's only two points! Ha! Cracks me up.

Mouse: What a bummer about the car. How's the ankle?

Ok, talk to you all later.

Pam

Last edited by pamisuzinc : 11-12-2005 at 08:01 PM.
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 11:16 AM   #26
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello....
Robyn- congrats on the 25#!!!!!!!!! Hey who cares if all the bells and whistles- as in post cards, magnets, bookmarks, bravo stickers......if they make you happy. It worked didn't it!!!!!! What an accomplishment and I am so happy for you. Love your comment about the paying job........ah, the unsung glory of maintaining a home.

Pam-yup, the cleaning bug is contagious. I totally understand wanting to start from "ground zero" before Christmas hits. All my housekeeping goes in the tank for the month of December....so chaotic.

Sue- you have a good time last nite? I hope so! Nope, I just wanted to change the curtains- the ones I took down were well over 10 years old(yes, I had washed them in the 10 years! ) and they did not really fit anymore with new paint colors and other changes I had made. The new ones look great. Even Atilla likes them. SO- how late did you stay out last nite?

Okie dokie- got my 2 point walk in......now off for some shopping with Atilla and the kids.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Ginny
Old 11-13-2005, 04:53 PM   #27

Hey!
Hope everyone had a good day today. I have a splitting headache. Feels like a migrane coming. Also have a major case of the munchies today. I need to wire my mouth shut. I had a really stupid moment today. I was getting ready to leave for the store, and I couldn't find my keys. Nothing too unusual for me. I am quite a scatterbrain sometimes. My husband is threatening to rivot them to my butt..........Anyway, I looked everywhere, looked through my purse, my husband looked in my purse, I looked through his car.......Then, went to the mexican restaurant we had dinner at, no keys. Came home, continued to search, no keys.........I was in the tub, my husband brought my keys in, he found them in my purse. Now, either he is trying to make me think I'm going crazy, or we're both blind. I even shook my purse. They were in the side pocket. I swear I looked there. Ughhhh OOOOOPS
My hubby is getting ready to grill some chicken, and I made a cherry crunch recipe that is only three points. It's been in the fridge all day, hope it tastes as good as it looks. The stuff that you use as one layer tastes almost like a cream cheese frosting. Ideas are coming with that......

Ginny: How many activity points are the Watp tapes? I know my thirty minute walk is two, but not sure about the tapes. My friend is trying to get rid of both a nordik track and a total gym. So, I'm thinking of buying one of those. I've seen the commercial for the total gym, it looks pretty neat. My hubby says it will just become a dust collector.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Pam

Have a great Monday!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:22 PM   #28
burned out bus driver

Ok, before I get this lost in cyberspace....lets see if I can leave a post.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #29
burned out bus driver

Hey Pam- I like the keys story.......now in your profession how could you possibly consider that you would have ANY brain cells left.......and you are a wife and mother to boot so your one lone brain cell is maxed out thinking for everyone else. At least you found them! Hope you are feeling better. Migraines do not sound like fun.
As far as the WATP tapes- it is all going to depend upon the intensity of your workout.
At your weight (and my AP slider is upstairs, so I am approximating) anywhere from 30- about and I mean about 50 minutes of a moderate workout will earn you 2 AP's. Most of the WATP tapes fit in that time frame. Of course if you are really huffing and puffing- and in a really intense workout the AP's go way up. If you want me to actually figure it out give a holler! Ihave heard the Nordic tracks are a great workout- but call for some coordination (I am a klutz) so not good for me!

Anyway, I got over an hour of walking in today- got up early this am for 33 minutes and another 30 after dinner. ANything to stay away from the kitchen and chocolate......oh this PMS cycle is bad. The darned thing better show up soon as I feel so crummy. Monsters on the bus were so-so......trying to get to the bottom of a rather sneaky student- she is new to my route, so probably thinks she can get away with stuff, plus I know my district is one of the more safety concious, so the rules are followed a bit more. Anyway, I suspect she is picking on some other student(s)- and am in the process of trying to get the whole situation figured out. I can take a blatant lack of obedience, but this sneaky stuff bothers me. Ok, I am a naive fool, but I like to think that at this stage I have an understanding with my students and can trust them. So this bugs me.

Ok,I am so pooped......gonna go spend some time with Dd and then off to bed.
Got a crummy cold and a headache. But this too shall pass......
Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 11-14-2005, 08:46 PM   #30
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Good evening folks! Did anyone else notice the full (or very nearly full!) moon besides me? Of course I knew that it was a full moon before 9:10 this morning when my kidlets were bouncing like ping pong balls! The first two children came breaking down our classroom door with the very loud 6 year old voice screaming, "YOU are such a JACKA$$!" AndhappyMondaytoyouTHATisnotanappropriateschoolwor d! ....and that was just the beginning! By the time the final bell rang, I just sort of sat down at my desk with my mouth hanging down to my knees. Can't wait for tomorrow!

OP .....having used up a few of my weekly extras at the BoyScout meeting. Those boys would force Fergie herself to EAT! OH and today was report card day and I had 3 ...count them 3.... HS Freshmen asking my advice about grades, etc... (NOT my kid, mind you!) 2 were minor issues....but 1 had 3 F's, 2D's and a C. OMG.... I gave him my best "What are you DOING? and HOW will you fix it?" speech....but I have NO experience with grades this low.... luckily for my own son, the boys at scouts sort of made his 1 C and the rest A's and B's look perfect! I considered stopping to buy him a car on the way home! LOL

Thanks for the snail mail , Gin. Can't wait to try a out a few of your suggestions!
I'll post the pie when I get a chance....... by the end of the week for sure.

Gotta run...homework calls!
take care,
meeee

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.