Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 PM   #151  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

YEAH NOELLE!!!! You are doing an awesome job!!

No I never used anything for a brace for my knee. It just would kind of pop out of joint when I would take a step and I would fall down and hurt myself. It only happened a few times but I remember the last time it happened I hurt my knee pretty bad...but that was a few years ago.

I spelled the books wrong of course... They are called Cirque Du Freak books. I forgot the r. haha

I cant wait until turkey day either. I am making pumpkin parfaits and I really want one.

The kids come home tomorrow so they can help me cook.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:47 AM   #152  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!! I got my schedule figured out so I get today and tomorrow off from work. YEAH!!! Now I have so much to do today but I wanted to make sure I stopped in to say hi and see how everyone is doing. I am going to go over my entire house and do my blankets and I have to bake the pumpkin for the parfaits, etc.

I definately have to get in a workout today because I didnt do anything yesterday. The kids were gone and me and Jay just enjoyed our alone time. They are coming home this afternoon.

As usual I have no plans to do the Day after Thanksgiving sales but then I get the sales papers.... So I guess I will be heading out to get some bargains on Friday morning before work.

Well, I gotta get going. I hope everyone at leasts gets to post a hi today.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:23 PM   #153  

Hi Girls

Noelle GREAT JOB! Your hard work is paying off. I am glad the doctor got you in early. It is the pits waiting for an appointment. Hope you are feeling better. I am going to go to the WW website today and I might look into to doing the online program. I am in such a slump with eating I can't get out of it. I need to lose those first couple of pounds to motivate me, ya know?

Angie that is good you don't have to work tomorrow. I want to get a big chunk of my toy shopping done for the kids on Friday. We also need a new coffee maker and our TV in our room is not working well also last night our microwave quit but then came back on, LOL! I guess everything breaks at one time! Haha... Glad you had a nice time when the kids were gone!

Cherie, how are you? I know you are really worried about Hannah. Did she go to see the grief counselor? I hope everything is going well. Miss ya. How did Monday go with the trainer?

We have been looking for dogs online through different breeders. We would like an adult black lab that is potty trained. I have been also checking the shelters in the area. I can't believe what some of the breeders are asking for dogs. WOW! Anyway we are going to mil's tomorrow. I can't wait for some more pumpkin or apple pie. After that my mind is back on track.
Hi Dips, Cal, Kempy and everyone else I didn't mention.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:44 PM   #154  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?act...WI51&preview=1 Julie, Have you checked out this websight. It is Packerdogs rescue and they have the cutest black labs on there. I am not sure how close it is to you but...
Old 11-23-2005, 12:46 PM   #155  

Thanks Angie! I will check it out.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:17 PM   #156  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hi guys, it is muggy muggy muggy here today. My thermometer says 77, but w/humidity it "feels" like 80, yuck! I went to put flowers on my MIL's grave. Tomorrow will be the 2 year anniversary of her death. I wonder what my lame in-laws (Rick's brother and sisters) will be doing for T-day. They always wait til the last minute then call him up and ask him to take them out to eat . I remember one year his sister invited us over to her house, when we got there her turkey was still frozen! Luckily we had picked up a refrigerated smoked turkey so we heated that up instead. I can't stand them....I know, not very charitable thoughts so near Thanksgiving, but I am thankful for not having to spend my Thanksgiving with them

So ANYWAY....is everybody set for tomorrow?

Julie, WW online is a great tool. I had a 2 week free trial when I signed up at the center and the website had such cool functions--recipe converters (to make your regular recipes diet friendly), weight trackers and tons of other recipes that are low-fat and healthy. I think 3FC has a board for WW online too. This is such an easy plan to follow and it works too! sorry, do I sound like a commercial?

Angie, enjoy your time off and have fun braving those after T-day crowds.

I have got to get a move on, I'm taking my parents to lunch. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:47 AM   #157  

Happy Thanksgiving Girls!
I am thankful for each one of you ladies. Have a wonderful holiday and I hope you spend it with the ones you love the most!
Old 11-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #158  
so close, yet so far...

Default confessions....

Happy day after Thanksgiving! Are you girls all out shopping? I need to head out the door soon but I just wanted to say hi and hope you guys are enjoying your weekend. Thanksgiving here was good. My sis bringing the ham and mashed potatoes was late so I didn't have any of that (during the first round ) ....I did eat turkey, rice w/gravy, fresh steamed asparagus and a half a pumpkin tart, then a slice of apple pie. I was a bit stuffed after that, but did get a morning walk in. I tried to go walking in the afternoon too but my foot was giving me trouble so I only went around the block. Today is a new day

Hope you all enjoy your long weekends.

ps. only 29 days til Christmas!
Old 11-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #159  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey girls. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was nice. It snowed ALL day. We got to just sit around all day and the kids wanted to watch old home movies of themselves when they were cute and little. It is amazing how big they are now. I had a little more dinner and pumpkin parfaits than I had planned but I dont think it hurt me any plus...this is about learning how to eat for life right? And everyone eats a little too much on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. I am back on track today and I even got in my workout already today.

Well, we got up and went shopping at 4:30 this morning and managed to not get hardly anything on my list!!! I wanted the video rockers at Target and I managed to walk in as the last ones got sold!! GGGRRR!!! We went to Kmart and I picked up a couple of things and we came back to the front of the store and the line was literally the whole length of the store...needless to say I had to work today and wasnt about to stand in that line. I will pay full price on a weekday. haha

Well, I am working right now but I wanted to check in.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:04 PM   #160  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default I'm Stuffed...And Still Eating!!

Hi Ladies

I had a good Turkey-day and I'll be filling myself with leftovers throughout the weekend. Oh the damage I will do!!

Hope you all are having fun. TTYL

Dips
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 08:13 AM   #161  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!! Well, today is weigh day and I still managed to get 1 pound off so I am very happy especially since I had to weigh in after 2 days of turkey dinners. So anyways my total loss is at 10.5 pounds so far. It feels good because I would be that much higher than where I started by now if I hadnt gotten my act together.

I just found out that my Mom and sister want to do a Christmas party here on December 17. I am nervous about that but I offered to make a vegetable lasagna(not good for the diet but I found a yummy recipe) and my sis will make a regular lasagna. I am more worried with the snacks that my mom and Claudia will bring. They had a ton here last year. I am going to do it on my splurge meal so I think I should still be okay, right? I have to try and stay away from the snacks and have a small portion of lasagna and a big salad.

Well, I just wanted to check in.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:58 PM   #162  

Hi Girls

Gosh, I love Thanksgiving! The food was great. But it is over and time to focus. My dd just found my safety key thing to my treadmill so I have no excuse now. Except a bone in my foot is cracking but I will try it out.
Got tons of great deals on toys for my kids yesterday. We also found a TV on sale for our bedroom.

Angie I am sure you will do just fine for the Christmas party. After all you still mangaged to lose a pound this week!

Noelle too funny, I had maybe 3 rounds! Glad you enjoyed your day.

Hi Dips and everyone else too. Have a nice rest of the weekend.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:29 PM   #163  

Hey guys. I just wanted to pop on and post. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Of course we ate too much but what's new. I am not going to post much today. I am in one of my funks again. I am not really certain what is wrong with me right now. I will keep checking in with you guys though.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:07 AM   #164  
so close, yet so far...

Hi girls. I am up because Lucky was barking at something...it could just be the neighbors walking around in their yard--she is scared of strangers--and my neighbors are very strange . Kai was still curled up asleep on his rug so it couldn't have been anything too serious. Anyway, this getting back on track thing is hard with so much food lying around. I have to keep busy out of the house so I'm not constantly thinking about eating any of it I have my docs appt tomorrow (where I'll get weighed : ) then I have my WW weigh in on Tuesday. I have to keep focused!

Angie, way to go girl! You're so right, it ain't easy weighing in just 2 days after Thanksgiving. You're doing awesome. I know you can get though the Christmas party too.

Kempy, I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. We're here if you need us, just holla. Thanks for stopping in.

Julie, so you braved Black Friday huh? I only went to one store and that was to buy laundry soap I saw on the local news there were people lining up at stores by 9 pm Thursday night, for the stores opening @ 5 am...there was one lady with a cooler with some left over turkey and drinks, her lounge chair, pillows and blankets Some people will do anything for a bargain

Dips, ain't nothing like mom's cooking right?

Well, I'm back off to bed for a few more winks. Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:07 PM   #165  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hey Ladies

Okay, so the pounds that Angie and Noelle lost...I found! I gained 5 pounds over the holiday weekend (which I'm sure is water weight so I'm not sweating it) It was sooooo good. I went nuts with the food. But I am done with my overindulgence, It was fun while it lasted but I can't get too carried away.

Anyways, still kinda hectic around here and I still got some shopping to do so I'll check in later...
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote