Old 11-01-2005, 12:14 AM   #16  
Thin Within

Arrow GOOD EVENING ON ROCK-tober 31

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It has been a very busy day this day. We went all over town (a biger city than this) looking for that bread machine and no one carried it so I will order it out of the catalogue. I just didn't want to have to pay those shipping charges unless necessary. Guess that model is just too new to be put in the stores around here. Good thing no one except the Schwans man came to my door tonight to bring me my order for I didn't get anything to give out for this date. I didn't think any kids would come here for there aren't any around here but the two babies down the way and they aren't home. This is "country" and there aren't many places on this little road. I hope all of you that were out there are safe and didn't have any trouble.

I made lemon zest and orange zest and got it in the freezer. I have recipes that call for it and like to have some already ready so I don't have to do it each time. I freeze the lemon juice in a ice tray that makes little bitty 1/2 inch squares of frozen juice. I do that with lemon and lime juice. I like to put a square or two in my water at times. I need a few limes now to make some lime zest. I like to keep a can of frozen orange juice in the freezer for some recipes also.

This is the first time we had Schawans delivered since we moved here and this is the same driver we used to have. He was out sick when we left the other place so was surprised when he got my order for a different address. He didn't mind the wild greeting he got from Ragg Mopp because he has dog kennels that he baby sits dogs while folks are on vacations they can't take them with. Good business for him since he probably knows every dog owner around these parts. Real nice guy and I am glad he is the driver that will be coming here. It is just real nice to get a driver you are used to and can trust. Where we were before we gave him a key to the house and if we weren't home he would put the food in the freezer and pick up the check I left for him and lock up behind him when he left making sure he didn't let the cat out. Never had a problem in any state we have lived with that company or any of the drivers that we delt with.

I think I will head to bed. Ole Ragg Mopp is curled up in Cowboys chair snoring and he is so cute sleeping. AH tomorrow is his day with the goomer and he will smell like fresh orange blossoms once again for a couple of days.

I'll type at ya'all later.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:18 AM   #17  

Good Apres Halloween! We didn't have many kids last night and they live in a nice neiborhood in the city. I think parents get frightened by it all anymore. Thomas had a haul though and just did two streets. I am including my little "undead" guy at the bottom of the post.

Jean: Kelly says if the kid wears deodorant he or she is too old to trick or treat. She thinks that is what the cut off should be and it makes sense! Like you, in this day and age, refusal could be anything from getting tp'd to getting shot! One cheapo gave Thomas a very very old McDonald toy! It was even dirty! EUWWWWW! Now this is a neighborhood of homes in the $200,000 and up range so that is exceedingly CHEAP! Why not just keep your lights off and not give out anything.

Maggie: That is nice that you have someone that will deliver in that manner and not steal from you. Of course, his job wouldn't last long if he did I suppose. Sounds like you are all ready for the season's cooking and baking. I use lemon zest in my kieflies. Don't know if I am going to make them this year or not, but the kids always beg for them and I even have to ship some to my son!

Boy I am sure having a time of it with allergies and I have no clue as to why they are worse than they were in summer. Right now I want to stick a poker down my ears they itch so much. Guess I need to get some meds into me, but even the mild ones make me either sleepy or irritable so I try to hold off unless I am desperate.

I guess I better get the chores and cleaning done this morning! Have a great day. We are actually getting some rain this morning!

Faye

THOMAS THE {{{{{{UNDEAD}}}}}}

Last edited by gma22; 01-21-2006 at 06:33 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:50 AM   #18  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Good morning! Happy November 1st. Now...we wait for Thanksgiving and goodness knows that will be here before we know it but at least we can CHOOSE to eat healthy if we wish. Easier with turkey than with a Snickers candy bar!

I had a blast last night. I went over to my youngest daughter's house. My granddaughters were soooo cute. Yes, I took pictures but I will have to get them developed and when I do I'll try to post their picture. My daughter made meatball sandwiches for everyone. In their neighborhood it is a younger crowd so they have LOTS and LOTS of kids. I ended up sitting on the front porch with my daughter and her friend handing out candy while my son-in-law and friends took their kids out trick or treating.

Faye, I emailed you. Bless your heart, I hope I don't make you throw a ball of yarn at the monitor...in frustration. Your grandson is a cutie! Although I'm sure THAT is the last thing he would want to be called on Halloween in his scarey costume! Great costume!

Maggie, I know you've always been a fan of Schwann's and there is someone on my street who has them deliver to them as well and everytime I see the truck I think of you! Gosh, it feels good to be able to trust people! Good idea about making the zest--it would be nice to have some fresh zest on hand at any given moment. I'll keep that in mine. Too bad you didn't find the bread machine. I hate paying shipping and handling costs.

Jean, even though I didn't dress up in costume yesterday I had a great time at our Halloween luncheon. The best thing was that I could control myself around the food too.
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 02:58 PM   #19  
Web Nana

Just came back from the Commissary and boy am I pooped. Got all the last minute stuff for our trip, sm OJ's to take our pills with before we leave the hotel rooms and things like that. Have put it all away and now am sitting here to catch my breath.

Had a great Halloween...had about 60 trick or treaters in all. The last group were a bunch of middle school girls. The first one said to DH ( we were both at the door)...Are you Sean's grandfather, my locker has been next to his for 3 years. Next one...Oh, your Sean Paul's grandfather! And so on. Of course the acknowledgement of Mr. C and ignoring me had been going on all night. Everyone know's Mr. C the dog walker and I guess I am just chopped liver. Well I just had to call DD#2, Sean's mother, to let her know how popular her 14 yr old is. She said he is not dating yet but does have his following. The girl's all call him by both of his names...Sean Paul. His sister,12, has just started middle school and some of his 'girls' have made friends with here already. No dummies. I thought it was so cute as he is the oldest of the younger GK's and I told his mom that he should only give her everything she gave me.

Gail: I do think the besst part of Halloween is seeing the small ones coming to get their treats....so so small that I'm sure they don't really understand it all but it is making great memories.

Faye: Yes it is the older kids that give Halloween a bad name. That's why we shut the lights out right after 8 as that is the witching hour in our town.

Maggie: It is on days like this when we do our large shopping that I longingly remember you have yours delivered. How nice.

Gloria IN MA.....have a great balance of the week.
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 03:38 PM   #20  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Gloria, you made me smile when I read about all the kids knowing your husband instead of you! I'm used to it as Wayne is home during the day (works nights) and throughout the warmer months he's outside doing yard work or washing the cars or something like that. Anyway, he meets everyone and I'm known as "Wayne's wife". We have a lot of retirees in my neighborhood so he gets to meet the walkers in the neighborhood. Hmmm...perhaps I should be walking in the evenings? And then I'll meet some of my neighbors on my own...and get in some much needed exercise as well. Talk about a lightbulb moment! I saw a lot of sweet trick or treaters last night that's for sure!
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:21 PM   #21  
Thin Within

Arrow November the First

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Our electricity was off until all morning since 8 am till a little while ago. We were fore warned though because they had to put in new poles for the growth abound here. My fridge automatically switches itself over to battery and the freezer held up fine for those few hours. We went and had Ragg Mopp bathed and he sure is white again where he is supposed to be white.

JEAN are you going anywhere for Thanksgiving or is your family coming there? I can imagine you are looking forward to that holiday. We will be having the meal with friends here and she absolutely won't let me take anything for she wants to do it all so I will just let her.

FAYE what a cute little boy ~ he is sure getting tall ~ thanks for sharing. Sorry you are having fall time alergies ~ seems there is as much floating around in the air this time of the year as there is in spring only the stuff is dried out now but still carries a whap with it. Take care when you sneeze and don't knock anything out of place. I know how those alergies can act.

GLORIA there isn't a commisary anywhere near here where we could shop but guess we have done fine without it. There were always such crowds. I used to take OJ with my morning meds until I found out that it was inhibiting some of the action. Especially I can't have grapefruit before noon. I loved that glas of OJ first thing in the morning too. I am glad you got things ready for your trip. You know Cowboy knows lots more folks in town than I do. And he knows most of the girls and thier parents of the softball teams that he umpired. He is always introducing me to someone when we are out and about. Today it was "This is Rhonda, the mother of my girlfriend." And I replied, "And which girlfriend might that be?" It is so nice that those kids think of him as thier "grandpa" because he is so good to them.

GALI Have you ever tried Schwans products? I especially like their meats that they have individually sized and packaged flash frozen so it is easy to count points that way for me. They have lots of other things I like also and they aren't so good for me.

Have a wonderful first of a new month ya'all.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:57 AM   #22  
Web Nana

Good Morning, Flowers

It is down to the last week before we leave.....the 13th. WOW! I am pretty much set now just a few last minute things...like pack.
Actually I have some things in a suitcase and now am making a staging area in the dining room for all that is to come with us. We are bringing Christmas gifts and some birthday gifts. I will try to pack the trunk with anything we won't need on our way down and only put in the back seat the things we will need overnight.

Jean: I like the idea of a TV for the bedroom that will shut itself off. That's the only kind I could have as I would fall asleep before the end of the program.

Faye: Boy has T gotten tall! Sorry about your troubles with the allergies. I am so grateful that I don't have them.

Maggie: Yes DH knows every female for a 5 block radius. He was walking his route for the last 10 years and now he has quite a following, both young and old. In the supermarket we often see someone he knows and they say Oh, your Jack's wife.

Gail: Whether you tell Wayne or not I am sure he will be pleased with the new you.

Gloria in MA....Sean Paul is here to cut the grass....got to go and say HI!
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote