Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #91  
loves kleenex box art

Thanks, Painty. I guess they do. Some of them. Some don't. Some just think they look good by showing concern. I have a personal fear of getting a job and then having to tell ALL OF THESE PEOPLE that I made $2.11 an hour shelling peas and washing cats. It really is personal. There's a wonderful wonderful woman I know who has cancer and other problems and I know that some people, at least, won't ask her for an update regularly so as to not drag her down. I feel it's sort of the same thing.

You know I'd like someone to look at me and tell me my hair looks good or I look good in the color I have on ... something sort of uplifting.

Speaking of hair, was going to get a haircut today but I have the stomach flu or the stomach stress. Both ends if you know what I mean and actively volcanoeing. Hope you didn't catch it from me. Hope DS didn't either.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #92  

I finished one of my needlepoint projects... Sandpipers by the shore...
Thanks to Kiwi, I done learnt how to post them...

Feel better CowP.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:27 PM   #93  

Beautiful work, Schatzi and Painty. I've pieced the top of a baby quilt and as soon as I manage to get it finished I'll have to post a picture. It's not as impressive skill-wise as your projects, but I hope Grandbaby will love it.

I saw the best movie on Saturday. The Shop Girl w/ Steve Martin (who also wrote the story) and Claire Dane and another young guy I can't remember the name of. A very poignant love story. Claire Dane was fabulous in it. I went w/ my friend to the Cinetopia theatre. I'm spoiled forever now - I'll never be able to watch a movie in a regular theatre again. I had a very strange experience, tho, I suddenly felt strange so I told my friend I was going to get some popcorn and a coke, and when I was in line I realized that if I didn't sit down I was going to pass out. I managed to get myself to a bench, and I did the old head between your legs thing for awhile, managed to get myself back to my seat in the theatre and after a bit I felt ok. I have no idea what that was all about, but it was quite strange. Maybe low blood sugar or something?

On Sunday DD and I went to a Christmas craft and food fair. Very crowded, nothing exciting to buy, but we had some good mother-daughter time.

Sugar - marital bliss is one of those things that comes and goes. You can't always expect it to hang around all the time. My DH gets that clingy thing going on when I read. I can be in the same room w/ him while he's watching tv, but for some reason he feels excluded if I have my nose in a book. Oh well, too bad, so sad. I just can't always sit through another old western movie to keep him happy. I guess I should be happy he wants me hanging out with him.

Peach, hope the volcano has died down by now.

Happy monday, everybody.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #94  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
Psssst! Hi darlings.
Now imagine him unemployed for 16 months out of the past 3 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
2a. I called my yoga teacher and told her I was stressed and in pain and all that. She devoted the whole 1.5 hours to relaxation. I know some people did not like that and that made me tense BUT that night for the first in a week, I was not in pain.

2b. DS's aunt told me to watch a mindless tv show and my stress would be gone. OK! Remember when you were a kid and you (or someone else) got a wart and an adult would say, "I"ll buy that wart from you for a nickle." The kid got a nickle and the wart fell off. Power of suggestion. Yay for it.

3. I still have a big butt.
2a) Yay for you asking for what you need from the yoga class!! Not to worry about the others, it's not like they suffered from it.
2b) Never heard of that one. The one I've heard of is that you should peel a potato and throw it out the back of the house, and then you'll be rid of your warts. Or something equally silly. But effective. But mindless tv has other advantages, for people who are worried about stuff -- it is an escape for the brain, pulls the plug for a little while. A little vacation for your head.
3) Yeah, well. Join the club.
4) Ex is a doodoo head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
DS uses Firefox, I think... it seems new-fangled to me and I don't' know how to back up Netscape/Windows... so I'm not messing with what isn't (very) broken.
Not that I'm suggesting that you do, but if you're concerned with saving bookmarks/favorites? They can be automatically imported into Firefox.

The Sandpipers are real purty, Schatz.

That intestinal thing seems to be the latest fad. You are on the cutting edge, Peaches. DD is still getting over hers -- she was only sick for a day, but she hasn't had an appetite for a week. Unusual for her, and she can't exactly afford to lose any weight. She said she was down to 114. I'm keeping tabs on her, just in case it's something she's not talking about, but I think she's being upfront about it. Can't help but worry, eh? Guess I should go watch some mindless TV or throw a potato out the door. Huh?

Will tell you later about my fun weekend. Nothing like fainting at the Cinetopia (if this happens again, you go see a doc, m'dear ), but very interesting nonetheless.

Kiwi

P.S. I'm pretty sure that shelling peas and washing cats pays more than $2 an hour. Especially if you can do them at the same time.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #95  

Yeah, snappin' beans pays $2.

Schatzy needs to come up w/ a new thread title.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:24 PM   #96  

How NOW my leetle Cows... okay I'll start a new thread as commanded by Princess Wabbinah... I'm feeling a bit in the mood for Chinese food today..so look for a cow appropriate thread. Poor Painty, the wondering surfin cow... I' m sure you will find us love..
;
Old 11-08-2005, 03:33 PM   #97  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yesssssssssssS THIS HALLOWEEN CRAP HAS GOT TO STOP ---I HAVE CHRISTMAS DISPLAYS TO PUT UP IN THE DAMN SHOP!!!!------GET WITH IT SHOTS!!!!-----we had a nice time in Nova Scotia----the weather was gorgeous and their fall foliage was stunning---i may send around some pics----i have been freaking out at the shop cause i am so confused about how much stock i should have etc and wonder if i have bought too much etc---how the **** do you know!!!---regarding the posts----Painty and Shots!!! beautiful handwork!!! i love the baby set!!! and needlepoint is something i so admire SINCE there is not a chance in **** that i would attempt anything with a needle!!----my dd is doing much better---thanks for your concern---it really helps!!!!----i know what you mean kiwonk about the girls getting too skinny----it always freaks me out when that happens----that is one of the signs that i noticed in my daughter===she lost about 20 pounds over the summer and she wasn't that big to start with---------------ANYway---i have go order some lavender and coconut body cream!!!!i am all out and my customers are yanging about it----LETS GET SOME CHRISTMAS COW ACTION AND END THIS ANTIQUATED THREAD---SOMEONE TELL PAINTY SO SHE CAN FIND US!!!XOXOXOXOXPS---SUGAR!!!!! I HEAR YA SISTER---hurry back!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 03:56 PM   #98  

GADZOOKS U MAD FAT BAGAZAURUS COW!!!! Tooooooo Early for Christmas!!!!!Geez, we aint even hit USA THANKSGIVING YET!!!!! Wheres the turkey and stuffing??? and the corncopia thingies!!!

Dear Santacowasaurus:: in addition to chicken bones, please send some of that thar coconutty lavendar crap to fer Xmas...so make sure you order enuf!! Heh heh
Old 11-09-2005, 01:45 AM   #99  

I found you all!
Managed to do radiation (14 more to go... last appointment should be December 1st...), see three (count 'em THREE) clients... and then pick up take out for dinner. Had a nap after dinner, then joined DH for some TV, completion of a Lion Brand (read inexpensive) scarf for a craft auction, and now some late night emails... (for me it's early, not even 1 am, yet.)... but I want to get to bed sooner than usual). simmilar day tomorrow.

It has been warm and breezy. Perhaps by the end of the week I'll be able to pull weeds and get bulbs in the ground. Would hate for my dismal outlook to be perpetuated all the way into next spring.

Baggz, did you happen to hear the NPR feature on "fall foliage"? apparently some of those lovely fall colors are toxic to neighboring trees... I think the red ones were the most vicious... something about poisoning the roots or cell metabolisms of other upstart seedlings. Ah, the terror that is our natural environment!!

Hugs to all, sweet dreams.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:17 AM   #100  
loves kleenex box art

Painty, I sent you the LINK to the new thread.
Closed Thread