Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 03:07 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies...(#52)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 10-09-2005, 03:09 PM   #2  

Hello

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Gayle...I miss ya already!!! Have fun! Get to feeling better!

Janice....I'm so glad that everything went well! Take care & get well soon!!

Hugs to all....
Old 10-10-2005, 05:47 AM   #3  

Ladies-I need your help and advice. I graduated in 1971 from a correspondence school. I only took the required courses to get a diploma. I looked up the school's website, and the courses I took were minimal, just to get the diploma. I don't blame my parents, I was just too scared to go to school in a new town and always hated school. On my resume for where I work, I put that I graduated from a regular high school. Now they are clamping down on new hires, and are requiring transcripts and copies of the diplomas. I only have a wallet size copy. I am so scared that if for some reason my principal leaves and wants to take me with her, when I go to apply for the new job they will find out. Also, the secretary is retiring this year, only for a month, then coming back. They expect me to take over her job for that month, which means that I will have to apply for that job. I am so scared. You ladies are the only ones that know about this, except for my family and 1 close friend at school. What should I do? This has been weighing in the back of my mind for years now. Help me!! In case you want to check out the website, it's www.americanschoolofcorr.com.

Last edited by ShelleyM; 10-10-2005 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #4  

Shelley,
I know that at my schools district, you have to have a copy of your diploma the day you are hired. I believe the wallet size copy you have will work. It's STILL a diploma no matter what classes you took! Right? You graduated so that's what matters! There is no reason to be worried about it. Don't let it bother you. This was 34 years ago!! I think you're ok.Try to relax and don't worry about it.

I'm off today.The kids are out of school. I'm going to go through old clothes and get rid of a lot! My closet looks terrible!! So that's my project for the day!!

My weigh-in was the same this morning. No gain..No loss. I was kinda disappointed but I'll just try real hard to eat all my carbs daily.

Have a great day all
Old 10-10-2005, 06:03 PM   #5  
Losing it!

I'll be back later girls, but wanted to post to Shelley real quick!

Shelley, I looked at the site and I agree with Sher, everything SHOULD BE ok. I would just tell anyone who questions it that you were home schooled. No one needs to know anything else. I personally received my GED the same year as my class graduated ~~ I was alot like you, school just wasn't my thing. When I fill out a job application, I just write the year graduated, if anything I had to take a test to prove what I knew compared to some of the graduates now that just scrape by and hope for the credit. It really doesn't matter if it is from a local high school or an acredited correspondence school...YOU EARNED IT!
Old 10-10-2005, 06:05 PM   #6  
Losing it!

BTW: I'm sorry, but if your work history can't hold up for you too, then you do need to find another job were they will appreciate you!!! Your history as an A+ employee SHOULD out weigh any silly diploma any day!!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 06:16 PM   #7  

Gayle-You are too sweet.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:25 PM   #8  
Losing it!

I'm back! The wine tasting was fun, in fact I think I found a new hobby! It was a blast walking around and trying all the new wines etc. This tasting had everything from shooters to scotch to mead and wine, so there was never a free minute with an empty glass. We headed back this morning after breakfast, even though it was a small break, it was a very nice break away from the kids, parents etc.

Janice, so happy to hear the surgery went well and things are looking up!

Sher, don't fret about the weight loss! This is the time for your body to play catch-up from the pounds lost. Next week I bet you see a loss!

Shelley, try not to worry too much! I hope everything works out like it should. Even though you are going through this stuff and I'm sure you have some issues about yourself, know that I think you are a wonderful and treasured friend!

We arrived at the motel about 35 minutes before the tasting (in the same motel) we were in a rush to get ready. Steve decided to step out of the room for a minute while I prepared myself for the evening. He propped the door just open and I went about my business of getting ready. I had just tossed my jeans to the side and was getting ready to grab my pants ... the door popped open and instead of Steve...there was a MALE hotel employee! I quickly grabbed my shirt (trying to pull it down) as I greeted him with a "HI!" Talk about embarrassing, I'm not sure who was the most flustered! He probably went back and told all of his co-workers about the 42 year old woman flashing guys down the hall!!! LOL!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:56 AM   #9  

Gayle-Sounds like you had an amazing time. Didn't you get a hangover, or was it just a sip of everything? Too funny about the "flasher"!

I have been getting these damn hot flashes during the night. My weight is up 2 lbs, and I feel so bloated. I'm afraid my WI tomorrow will be up. I know it's just hormones, since I didn't go overboard this weekend.

Debbie-Great job on your weight loss this week!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:28 AM   #10  
Janice

Sherry - How many carbs are you eating each day. I think I don't eat enough because I try to be below 15, what should I be eating?
Gayle- Sounds like you had a blast!
Shelley - A diploma is a dimploma don't you think? You did graduate and I think that's all that counts.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:54 AM   #11  

Shelley, I agree w/the other girls. I got a wallet-sized Marriage Certificate when Stewart & I got married and it's just as official as the big one. You'll be ok.

I had to go to the Dr. last week for my "yearly." While there, he told me I need a colonoscopy, because I've been bleeding a LOT when I use the bathroom. That's scheduled for the 20th. I'm dreading it. Colon cancer runs in my family, so I've been very worried.

I got a letter from my insurance co yesterday about some work I had done in September (I had 3 moles removed). They're saying that if I don't send in a pathology report I'll be responsible for all the charges -- $948!!! I thought the doctor's office was supposed to take care of all of that stuff, but I'm getting myself down there today to get that done!! My mom said the reason they want it is probably because insurance doesn't cover it, anyway. Great!

Gayle, glad you had fun wine tasting. I don't like wine at all. I tried to develop a taste for it in the past, but just can't get past the "rotton" flavor--or the "vinegary" flavor, depending on the wine. I do like non-alcholic muscadine juice, though.

Cheryl
Old 10-11-2005, 09:39 AM   #12  
Losing it!

Shelley, the rule to a tasting is to eat something before going and to continue eating as you taste. They had a huge buffet setup with anything from cheese & crackers to meatballs and stuffed mushrooms. I munched on cheese cubes every so often to help with the alcohol. Most ofthe servers would give you about an ounce or two of product, there were buckets at the tables so you could quickly pour your drink if you didn't like it. We paced ourselves and did not over indulge, actually we were in bed by 10:00. Boring old people, huh??? LOL!!!!

Cheryl, I never thought I liked wine until I expermented with the different types available. I still prefer some over others (some are just gross IMO) a shiraz/merlot/cab sav you really need food with it to enjoy it, I learned this AFTER I was choking and gagging!!
I will be thinking of you...when will you have the test? You really should have it done since you have a family history of colon cancer.
We are fighting it out with Liz's insurance co. too! They decided the surgery she had was not needed and this was a pre-existing condition. It looks like after SEVERAL hours on the phone, they will take care of most of it and leave her with about $800.00 to pay.

Janice, so glad things are better for you!!!

Well better get to work!
Everyone have a great day!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: I show a 2 pound gain from my over indulging this weekend. I'm leaving my tracker alone though...
Old 10-12-2005, 05:45 AM   #13  

Cheryl-I sympathize with you on the colonoscopy. I have to get them every couple of years because of my UC. Also, my dad had colon cancer, but he has been clean for over 10 years of it (knock on wood.) I got a letter saying that I'm due for one, but don't want to get it yet. I cost us about $700.00 out of pocket before I was done with the last one. My mom goes on the 19th for hers. You do really need to get it done. The procedure isn't bad, it's just the prep for it. Let us know when you are going to have it done.

I don't know if I can continue to post on the weight loss thread. The anxiety of my weight going up is just too much for me. I don't have a problem tracking it on the WW points tracker, but for some reason in my mind, any gain is a real downer for me even if it's just a bit.

I am off tomorrow for Yom Kippur, and will be at services for most of the day. I will be running 6 or 7 miles before I go, but I may not be able to post to you.

Have a great day, and love to all!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #14  

Shelley don't worry about not posting on the weigh in thread. Do what is best for you. You are at goal and it is normal to fluctuate. You are doing great. Enjoy your day off.

Gayle I am glad that you had a good weekend. Larry's last batch of red wine is so godly and I don't even like red wine. How is your cold? So what exactly were you doing in bed at 10:00. Hmm, no kids umm lets see........lol
I am going to you that saying you gave me Gayle for our card for our anniversary. Thanks.

Janice how are you doing this week? Are you able to do a little bit yet or is it too soon after surgery?

Cheryl as uncomfortable is a colonoscopy it is important that you go if you are bleeding. It is too risky not to go with you family history.

Sherry how are your closets looking now? Time to go shopping and get some cloths that will fit that hot body of yours. losing 20 pounds is awesome. We can't lose every week. You should be thrilled that you didn't gain. The scale will show a lose next week if you drink your water, exercise and watch your carbs. You are doing great. Be a proud Mama.
I am going through our pictures looking for some suitable for a slide show. Thanks for the idea. It will be a nice touch. I can't remember if I told you girls that I have a friend that does marraiges. She is going to renew our vows for us. We are keeping it a secret and will do it just before dinner. I have always wanted to do that. I am thinking of writting myown vows too. I will let you know how that goes.

Ramona are you out there? Please post we are worried about you. If you are down in the dumps we are here for support. Please let us help you.

Jennelle how are you doing? Let us know where you are.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had two big family dinners with lots of outside time. That was a treat after last weeks snow storm. It is above normal temps this week. Thanksgivng dinners are no big deal it is all the munchies and appetizers that you eat before and after the meal. I am up a pound but I will make sure that I get back down the pound.
Yesterday I went to a WW's meeting. I haven't been in a couple of years. I am a life time member so I only needed to pay for that meeting because I am under goal. I would like to see how the core plan works and maybe switch it up every week with the points plan. Being accountable to WW's scale should help me be accountable and maintain my weight. I
Last night Dez wanted to go shopping to buy a suit jacket for a business trip she is taking out of province this weekend. We went shopping at Salvation Army. I really do love getting a deal so I like to shop here. I am the biggest bargin hunter. I need some jeans since my sudden size drop. I refuse to pay $70-$100 for a pair of name brand jeans. I found two brand new pair of Gap jeans for $6.99 each. I also got a new Gap long sleeve striped t-shirt for $2.99. I lucked out, Gap must have donated a truckload of clothing. I am happy with my bargin.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:46 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Dee, did Larry make his wine from a kit? If so, may I ask which one? I find my taste growing and changing...one year ago I would of never thought about touching a red to my lips! I'm still a sparkling girl though...I just love the bubbles!
Honestly, the saying was the first thing that crossed my mind when I seen the pictures. You two look and are very much in love.
You caught me....NO kids, No parents, NO phone....YEP! We were in bed by 10:00 LOL!

Shelley, I love having you on the weight loss thread but I also UNDERSTAND how our mind can screw with our everyday thinking. It is completely up to you, if you feel comfortable posting, then go ahead...If not, I understand.
Enjoy the day off tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
BTW: I remember you posting one time about drinking the Baily's Irish cream at a friends house. I tried a new one at the tasting...it is called Brady's Irish Cream, it seemed to have more of a chocolate flavor to it. Steve can't stand Irish Cream, I told him he is not a PMSing woman!! LOL! Two things we love, something sweet & creamy and full of chocolate flavor!

Did I tell you guys my employer gave me a raise after just 6 weeks? Typically it is after 3 months but she must want to keep me around a bit longer! LOL! I enjoy working at the store, I like time with the customers plus the physical work (I'm getting a workout plus never bored) seems to make the time go by quicker. I do not enjoy my "manager" (the snot) or the mass confusion that seems to surround the place. It is getting easier every day though, just in time for the holiday season!! LOL!

Sher, is Drew graduating this year???? I'm thinking this is the big one for him.

I'm worried about Ramona, I think I'll send her another letter.

everyone have a great day!!!!
Closed Thread